PDA

View Full Version : Attendance today

Humo
06-10-2012, 06:49 PM
I think the attendance today was great we managed to get over the 10k mark. ( we had 10,163 but well done to Dundee in coming such large numbers)

The east stand looks really imposing now and we are slowly turning ER back into the fortress it should be.

Onwards and upwards GGTH

:pfgwa

Spike Mandela
06-10-2012, 06:56 PM
This is the fixture that replaced the Rangers game. If it had been Rangers it wold have been live on tv and probably not much bigger a crowd.

IFONLY
06-10-2012, 06:57 PM
I think the attendance today was great we managed to get over the 10k mark. ( we had 10,163 but well done to Dundee in coming such large numbers)

The east stand looks really imposing now and we are slowly turning ER back into the fortress it should be.

Onwards and upwards GGTH

What large numbers? Ive had more in my hoose for a party.

Humo
06-10-2012, 07:02 PM
What large numbers? Ive had more in my hoose for a party.

Large compared to the likes of Killie, St Johnstone and ICT

Billy Whizz
06-10-2012, 07:09 PM
Large compared to the likes of Killie, St Johnstone and ICT

Dundee used to bring at least double the support they brought today

Albanian Hibs
06-10-2012, 07:32 PM
I thought it was a poor dundee support. I expected more of them.

Hibernia&Alba
06-10-2012, 08:09 PM
We should always be looking for 15,000 crowds. Yes, football is expensive now, we're in very tough economic times, and the team has been poor for a long while, but we should be well capable of increasing the gate to anywhere up to 50 per cent on current numbers, it just requires imagination and sensible pricing. We have thousands of empty seats that could go to Hibees, with the right policies.

hfc rd
06-10-2012, 09:55 PM
We should always be looking for 15,000 crowds. Yes, football is expensive now, we're in very tough economic times, and the team has been poor for a long while, but we should be well capable of increasing the gate to anywhere up to 50 per cent on current numbers, it just requires imagination and sensible pricing. We have thousands of empty seats that could go to Hibees, with the right policies.

If the team keep playing well like they did today, we will eventually start getting those figures.

monktonharp
06-10-2012, 11:44 PM
Dundee used to bring at least double the support they brought today the 'DEE fans that turned up should be applauded, but seriously , that must be one of the lowest turnouts i've seen from them at ER. Killie had better.

LeighLoyal
06-10-2012, 11:51 PM
Wasn't a bad turnout, not sure we'll ever get back to the 14k level we had when Collins was manager. Will take a while for people to forget the damage done by Mixu, Hughes and Calderwood.

sbell1875
07-10-2012, 12:18 AM
Bar the Hearts game I think every crowd at ER has steadily increased. It still pains me a little bit to see so many empty seats but slowly we are getting there.

I've always said that the lowest crowd we get to will show the real fans who will be there through thick and thin and bar 1, maybe 1 other it far exceeds every other club in Scotland and that makes me immensely proud.

GGTTH.

beensaidbefore
07-10-2012, 02:10 AM

Im not sure we've had an average attendace of 15k in my lifetime. i think we only averaged 13-14k under Mowbray, and were quite a wee bit away from that kind of team at the mo.

beensaidbefore
07-10-2012, 02:15 AM
Bar the Hearts game I think every crowd at ER has steadily increased. It still pains me a little bit to see so many empty seats but slowly we are getting there.

I've always said that the lowest crowd we get to will show the real fans who will be there through thick and thin and bar 1, maybe 1 other it far exceeds every other club in Scotland and that makes me immensely proud.

GGTTH.

My solution would be to give 10 tickets per game to every school in Edinburgh and even the lothians. no point in having 10000 empty seats each week.

School kid for free, adult full price, or half price if they bring another child. Brings in support for the future and increased revenue at the match from the extra support.

Ozyhibby
07-10-2012, 06:17 AM
That Cup final did a lot of damage with a lot of fans of a certain age saying they will never be back and actually mean it. It will be hard to get these guys back.
However if result continue to improve then we should be able to increase our average attendance up towards the 13k mark. Problem is, that leaves 7k empty seats. This spoils the atmosphere and looks bad on TV. We need to find a way of giving away those tickets without offending our existing customers.
We could start by making it cheaper for away fans. A good away support makes for a more enjoyable atmosphere for everyone. For yesterday we could have included free travel from Dundee as part of the admission price.
Giving tickets out through schools or through the youth football teams is another way but again we would have to be careful that we don't offend season ticket holders. Having bring a mate days for season ticket holders also helps.
Improving results is the most important thing we could do though and they are improving.
C'mon the Hibs.

scoopyboy
07-10-2012, 06:47 AM
That Cup final did a lot of damage with a lot of fans of a certain age saying they will never be back and actually mean it. It will be hard to get these guys back.
However if result continue to improve then we should be able to increase our average attendance up towards the 13k mark. Problem is, that leaves 7k empty seats. This spoils the atmosphere and looks bad on TV. We need to find a way of giving away those tickets without offending our existing customers.
We could start by making it cheaper for away fans. A good away support makes for a more enjoyable atmosphere for everyone. For yesterday we could have included free travel from Dundee as part of the admission price.
Giving tickets out through schools or through the youth football teams is another way but again we would have to be careful that we don't offend season ticket holders. Having bring a mate days for season ticket holders also helps.
Improving results is the most important thing we could do though and they are improving.
C'mon the Hibs.

What age group?

I recall seeing Hibs getting beaten 6-1 in a Scottish Cup Final and within months we were embarking on one of our finest spells in history.

Hearts themselves lost 5-1 in a Scottish Cup Final and then won it 2 years later.

If these people won't come back then it's time to forget them and move on and try to get others who might come back or new supporters altogether.

I have no sympathy for supporters who won't come back because of that horrible day or the ones who didn't show for the first derby of the season because they couldn't face the Hearts supporters singing or another thumping.

Thankfully the vast majority of Hibs fans are getting over it slowly but surely. None of us will ever forget that day but we can't change that and we can only play a part in changing our future.

Brooster
07-10-2012, 06:49 AM
Ozhibby, spl rules stipulate that you must charge away supporters the same price as home supporters who are sitting in similar areas ie the famous five. Easiest way to increase crowds is to be successfull on the pitch, second easiest is to reduce entry for under 16s from £12 to £6, this would have a big impact on crowd numbers.

Alfred E Newman
07-10-2012, 07:12 AM
C'mon the Hibs.
I have always felt that visiting fans should be charged at least at the cheapest rate in the ground. If Hibs were to cut admission to visiting fans a similar arrangement could be negotiated for our own travelling fans with other clubs

WindyMiller
07-10-2012, 07:33 AM
What age group?

I recall seeing Hibs getting beaten 6-1 in a Scottish Cup Final and within months we were embarking on one of our finest spells in history.

Hearts themselves lost 5-1 in a Scottish Cup Final and then won it 2 years later.

If these people won't come back then it's time to forget them and move on and try to get others who might come back or new supporters altogether.

I have no sympathy for supporters who won't come back because of that horrible day or the ones who didn't show for the first derby of the season because they couldn't face the Hearts supporters singing or another thumping.

Thankfully the vast majority of Hibs fans are getting over it slowly but surely. None of us will ever forget that day but we can't change that and we can only play a part in changing our future.

We share the same memories Scoopy, and I agree with your post.

Spend the money on a new generation. As a young lad I, and many on here, were "lifted over". That was our introduction to Hibs. So if we want more people to come we have to encourage them to bring their children and their friends.

KingFranck
07-10-2012, 08:06 AM
Either hand out tickets to schools or allow kids in free with a paying adult so £22 for adult and one child I'm sure would see the crowd increase.
I'm picking and choosing matches as its £68 for my family to attend 1 cat b game, taking that down to £44 and we'd be at every game!

RIP
07-10-2012, 08:09 AM
Hibs futures/kids prices should be graduated to make the younger age group free. In some SPL clubs primary school kids get in free. School colleage and university supporters clubs should be encouraged

LancashireHibby
07-10-2012, 08:30 AM
Keep well away from any FOC admission. I know from experience that it just creates a culture of people expecting something for nothing. Reduce the kids prices by all means, but it needs to be done alongside a lot of work in the schools, kids teams, youth groups etc.

banarc7062
07-10-2012, 08:43 AM
If the team keep playing well like they did today, we will eventually start getting those figures.

Fully agree with this comment. :aok:

garys
07-10-2012, 09:01 AM
fed up hearing excuses about people hurting after cup final, doin a lot of damage etc! nobody that was there will ever forget it and everyone will be hurting after that one. if u think it'll go away, forget it! u gotta just deal with it and move on. next time we're in a cup final, we'll c how many of these guys that "will never be back" will be wanting a ticket! get back now while ur team needs u!

PatHead
07-10-2012, 09:31 AM
I really don't understand the argument of reduced prices for visiting fans. Why should a visiting fan pay less than me? Any discounts should be for the benefit of Hibs supporters not opposition.

The ticketing system needs a complete overhall with supporters getting a discount for buying early, discounts for a batch of games at once, no telephone booking fees, Category B season tickets, incentives to reward season ticket holders such as a price freeze for 2 or 3 seasons if they buy before April or other incentives. Finally live televised matches should be cheaper.

The club have started with the free kids season tickets in famous five and need to develop this idea.

hfc rd
07-10-2012, 10:03 AM
fed up hearing excuses about people hurting after cup final, doin a lot of damage etc! nobody that was there will ever forget it and everyone will be hurting after that one. if u think it'll go away, forget it! u gotta just deal with it and move on. next time we're in a cup final, we'll c how many of these guys that "will never be back" will be wanting a ticket! get back now while ur team needs u!

Spot on. Or if we qualify for Europe and draw a big European club those fans will be desperate for a ticket as well. The yams will always keep winding us up about that day for decades & decades, the same way we wind them up when we won 7-0 & 6-2. We just have to move on as we can't rewind back time and reverse that scoreline. Our club needs us all to be behind the lads as that is how we will progress.

Phil D. Rolls
07-10-2012, 10:39 AM

Onwards and upwards GGTH

:hmmm: LTYF

Hibernia&Alba
07-10-2012, 10:41 AM
:hmmm: LTYF

:greengrin

You auld cynic

Kaiser1962
07-10-2012, 11:03 AM
Im not sure we've had an average attendace of 15k in my lifetime. i think we only averaged 13-14k under Mowbray, and were quite a wee bit away from that kind of team at the mo.

Depends how old you are?:greengrin

1972-1973 was that last time we averaged over that figure. Prior to that1960-1961. So only once in my lifetime :greengrin

Like others I got "lifted over" in the late sixties/seventies. I would defy anyone to do it today. :wink:

What age group?

:agree:

shetlandhibee
07-10-2012, 12:15 PM

:agree:

Keith_M
07-10-2012, 12:27 PM
I know I keep harping on about this but we need a more graduated pricing structure.The cheapest seats would be in the FF Lower, say £17/£10 quid, gradually increasing up to maybe £25/£15 for on the half way line. Then it might make it easier for people on lower incomes to be able to afford to attend games more often.

For Cat A games, I'd decrease the difference in price, so that the away fans (Celtc & Hearts) aren't paying drastically less than those in the middle of the East/West.

NAE NOOKIE
07-10-2012, 02:56 PM
We are seeing a small but gradual increase. If we can keep picking up points hopefully that will keep going.

One thing I will say is that the face value of my ticket for Everton last Saturday was £37 and that was for a bog standard ticket. I'm well aware that you are seeing a better quality of player in the EPL.

But I dare say that the economy on Merseyside is no worse than the Lothians, so on that basis I would hope that we can get up to between 12 and 13 thousand.

down-the-slope
07-10-2012, 03:27 PM
I seem to be in a minority but I was disappointed with the crowd (numbers) yesterday. There was less home support that previous match and when you take into account the large numbers of tourists at the game (which is great and should be worked on - none of them would have been allowed into game had it been Gers) the fact we are progressing better than most could have hoped / the managers appeal to support / that it was the CLUB 12 game - after all the hype about those that would support this etc...

This does not bode well for the managers budget come Jan when we have to deal with 3/4 players ending contracts - we need more bums on seats - or hopefully jumping about like lunatics at scintillating football ;) - just to keep the squad he has currently assembled let alone add to it....

hibsbollah
07-10-2012, 04:13 PM
Unfortunately I think 14-15k crowds for fixtures like Dundee are a thing of the past. Crowds are falling all over the country, empty seats at the big clubs in England as well. We're in a recession and most of the economic pain is still to come.

jgl07
07-10-2012, 05:38 PM

When did Hibs last pull in 15,000 crowds? Not in the last 30 years that's for sure.

Price cutting by itself will not work, Motherwell tried 10 years back and it had no real impact. Aggressive marketing might produce some results coupled with holding prices providing that the team are getting results and playing decent football.

The team has been generally painful to watch since the departure of Mowbray even when they did get results under Collins and Hughes. The crowds certainly increased in the Mowbray era and to some extent under McLeish.

There are signs that Fenlon might actually be delivering here from the evidence of the home matches at least this season. The (home) crowds seem to be increasing gradually week on week.

I will be happy if the attendance for average SPL matches rises to 11,000 plus this season. A few more good home performances and a big push to sell half season tickets at the end of the year will help. The real benefit will probably be felt next season with increased season ticket sales if the progress continues. Maybe a target of 12,000 to 13,000 for 2013-14 will not be unrealistic if the team can deliver?

Hibernia&Alba
07-10-2012, 08:13 PM
When did Hibs last pull in 15,000 crowds? Not in the last 30 years that's for sure.

Price cutting by itself will not work, Motherwell tried 10 years back and it had no real impact. Aggressive marketing might produce some results coupled with holding prices providing that the team are getting results and playing decent football.

The team has been generally painful to watch since the departure of Mowbray even when they did get results under Collins and Hughes. The crowds certainly increased in the Mowbray era and to some extent under McLeish.

There are signs that Fenlon might actually be delivering here from the evidence of the home matches at least this season. The (home) crowds seem to be increasing gradually week on week.

I will be happy if the attendance for average SPL matches rises to 11,000 plus this season. A few more good home performances and a big push to sell half season tickets at the end of the year will help. The real benefit will probably be felt next season with increased season ticket sales if the progress continues. Maybe a target of 12,000 to 13,000 for 2013-14 will not be unrealistic if the team can deliver?

As a capital city club with far more than 15,000 fans out there ( as cup finals prove ) I don't think it's an unrealistic target, though not one we need to achieve in a single leap. Rather it's an achievable aspiration. As we have a 20,000 capacity stadium, the board clearly think we have a far bigger support than current average attendances show. As I said, football is too expensive now, particularly for a club with a working class support like Hibernian, but a target of 15,000 is hardly fanciful. We have the capacity, we have the fans out there. We just need to introduce policies that enable the club to reach its potential. If we can take 22,000 to Hampden after a terrible season, we can improve current gates by a combination of a decent team to watch and a reasonable pricing structure.

Phil D. Rolls
08-10-2012, 06:47 AM
As a capital city club with far more than 15,000 fans out there ( as cup finals prove ) I don't think it's an unrealistic target, though not one we need to achieve in a single leap. Rather it's an achievable aspiration. As we have a 20,000 capacity stadium, the board clearly think we have a far bigger support than current average attendances show. As I said, football is too expensive now, particularly for a club with a working class support like Hibernian, but a target of 15,000 is hardly fanciful. We have the capacity, we have the fans out there. We just need to introduce policies that enable the club to reach its potential. If we can take 22,000 to Hampden after a terrible season, we can improve current gates by a combination of a decent team to watch and a reasonable pricing structure.

As a capital city, Edinburgh attracts a sizeable, transient population. These people tend to live in the city for a few years before moving on. They do not develop allegiances or affintiies for institutions in the town. Instead they tend to try to recreate little pockets of where they have come from in their own neighbourhoods.

Besides, most of them are far too smug for football. We have to get real and acknowledge that football's original market - the urban working class - is about as relevant to today's society as Brylcreem or Fry's Five Boys. Club's need to be targetting their strategies at new markets such as the metrosexuals.

For starters, what hope do we have without a coffee shop at the ground. Not to mention free wi-fi and Moulton Brown soap dispensers in the bogs?

Perhaps we could be targeting X Factor market by allowing fans to vote on what team should win the game. We could really go the whole hog by allowing a panel of judges (or in Rangers case a referee) to have the final say and over ride the performances of the players and the views of the fans. That would make the game controversial and, er, people would keep coming back to see it again, er....

Phil MaGlass
08-10-2012, 08:10 AM
What age group?

It wasnt just that one day though,was it, unless you have forgotten the last 3 odd years of terrible, mind numbing, utter dross Hibs fans have had to watch, the Final was actually the one that broke the camels back for most, it was nae wonder fans stopped coming, the price of admission doesnae help when the product on the park didnae give a ****. I dont blame fans for not coming back.
The more the team gets results, hopefully the more of these fans will come back, I will never condemn any Hibs fan who gave up on that day.

The Baldmans Comb
08-10-2012, 11:09 AM
Unfortunately I think 14-15k crowds for fixtures like Dundee are a thing of the past. Crowds are falling all over the country, empty seats at the big clubs in England as well. We're in a recession and most of the economic pain is still to come.

Since the advent of the Premier league 37 years ago in 1975 Hibs have never remotely had a crowd anywhere near 15,000 for a game against Dundee.

Yesterdays crowd actually ranked a very historically impressive 6th in the all time Hibs Premier league list since 1975 as follows:

1 2000 12,379
2 2000 12,075
3 2001 11,130
4 2004 10,938
5 1999 10,208
6 2012 10,163
7 1999 10,160
8 1975 9,241
9-15 Various 8,000 ish
15-20 Various 7,000 ish
25-27 Various 5-6,000 ish
28 1985 4,477
29 1986 4,221
30 1983 2,601

Shouldn't the question be, why are the crowds so big?:wink:

As for the cup final 'myth' Hibs are sitting on an average of around 10,500 this season rather than 9,900 last year so maybe the secret is a few more cup final gubbings to get people through the door.

StevieC
08-10-2012, 11:32 AM
I thought that the attendance was reasonable, and also quite vocal.

Price cutting is not the answer for larger crowds, although I do think that deals for kids needs to be looked at. ("I Believe The Children Are Our Future" (c) Whitney Houston)

hibsbollah
08-10-2012, 11:35 AM
You are quite correct, although we did get crowds far in excess of that previous to the SPL. My point is, those days are gone. With football getting ever more expensive relative to earnings a rise in attendances, regardless of the quality of the product, isnt likely.

greenlex
08-10-2012, 01:41 PM
I thought that the attendance was reasonable, and also quite vocal.

Price cutting is not the answer for larger crowds, although I do think that deals for kids needs to be looked at. ("I Believe The Children Are Our Future" (c) Whitney Houston)

Its fairly sunny outside and the window reflection was over the word Children. I read it as Chicken and burst out laughing. Sorry. :thumbsup:

--------
08-10-2012, 02:35 PM
What age group?

Slowly but surely is the word.

Hampden was very hard to take. I can't speak for anyone else, but the stress I felt that afternoon actually left me feeling quite ill for most of the following week.

I was at the 6-1, and a few things strike me. First, a thrashing from Celtic isn't quite as bad as a similar thrashing from Hearts - I suppose we're more used to it, and they're not in our faces quite to the same extent.

Second, the team in 1972 weren't a mixture of loan signings and short-contract men who didn't care about the club. That team cared. As the bus left Glasgow in funereal silence, one of my mates said, "That's it. I'm not going back." One of the guys who had arranged the bus turned to him and said, "Listen, if you think the team bus is any more cheerful than we are, you can forget it. The team cares, Ned Turnbull cares, and Tom Hart cares. We'll be back." He was right, and we knew it. Sadly, I wasn't anything like as sure that the team, the manager, and the owners cared as much in May. I'm fairly sure the players who are still at the club from that day did.

:fenlonAND I'm now sure Pat Fenlon did. :wink:

I'm also a lot more comfortable about STF and RP, though I don't think STF cares in the same way as old Tom Hart did. But then Tom H was a die-in-the-wool Hibee and a scary man even when in a good mood. I would NOT have wanted to be working for TH that Monday morning following. Look at him the wrong way, and it'd be P45's all round, and a right bollocking in the process - that would be my guess.

Third, we were right back at Hampden in the pre-season, playing Celtic in the Drybrough. I know the Drybrough wasn't a major tournament, but to win it you had to beat both the OF, and we hammered Rangers at ER in the semi - the score was 3-0 going on a dozen. We were 3-1 up with about 10 to go, and Celtic pulled level. 3-3, and the probability that we were going to screw up again. Except we didn't. We won 5-3 AET and laid the ghost. Which meant the fans were all well back onside for the start of the League Cup campaign.

Also, that was a genuinely top-quality team. Every single one of them - NO exceptions - would be in genuine contention for a place in the Scotland side, and at least eight of them would be automatic selections - Brownlie, Schaedler, Stanton, Blackley, Edwards, Gordon, Cropley, and Duncan - if they were playing now. Every one of those players would hugely improve the present side, I'm certain, and I would be pretty sure Herriot, Black, and O'Rourke were as good as any Scottish player now playing, and better than all but a very, very few. People wanted to see them play.

(Actually, Pat Stanton in his prime could play in any outfield position in the Scotland team right now, and be a better player than the player he replaced. Seriously.)

We haven't had the chance to really lay the ghost of May yet, but then ET had a settled team that really only needed the addition of a couple of players - IIRC he put Alec Cropley in for Johnny Hazel and brought Alex Edwards in for Bertie Auld. Pat has had to deal with some right numpties, and while I dare say he's hasn't always got it right, he IS clearly moving the team in the right direction.

TBH, I haven't been back yet. I intended to get to Killie and/or ICT, but For Killie I was ill and for ICT I had to deal with a funeral - which has to come first, I'm afraid. (The family wouldn't agree to 1.30 pm at Seafield Crematorium, hard as I tried to persuade them.) I was thinking seriously about Saturday last, but again work commitments took priority. This is just part of my landscape, I'm afraid.

BUT I WILL BE BACK, SOON. I just hope that's not a day we get tanked!

ronaldo7
08-10-2012, 02:47 PM

Against Dunfermline last year:aok:

JimBHibees
08-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Slowly but surely is the word.

Hampden was very hard to take. I can't speak for anyone else, but the stress I felt that afternoon actually left me feeling quite ill for most of the following week.

I was at the 6-1, and a few things strike me. First, a thrashing from Celtic isn't quite as bad as a similar thrashing from Hearts - I suppose we're more used to it, and they're not in our faces quite to the same extent.

Second, the team in 1972 weren't a mixture of loan signings and short-contract men who didn't care about the club. That team cared. As the bus left Glasgow in funereal silence, one of my mates said, "That's it. I'm not going back." One of the guys who had arranged the bus turned to him and said, "Listen, if you think the team bus is any more cheerful than we are, you can forget it. The team cares, Ned Turnbull cares, and Tom Hart cares. We'll be back." He was right, and we knew it. Sadly, I wasn't anything like as sure that the team, the manager, and the owners cared as much in May. I'm fairly sure the players who are still at the club from that day did.

:fenlonAND I'm now sure Pat Fenlon did. :wink:

I'm also a lot more comfortable about STF and RP, though I don't think STF cares in the same way as old Tom Hart did. But then Tom H was a die-in-the-wool Hibee and a scary man even when in a good mood. I would NOT have wanted to be working for TH that Monday morning following. Look at him the wrong way, and it'd be P45's all round, and a right bollocking in the process - that would be my guess.

Third, we were right back at Hampden in the pre-season, playing Celtic in the Drybrough. I know the Drybrough wasn't a major tournament, but to win it you had to beat both the OF, and we hammered Rangers at ER in the semi - the score was 3-0 going on a dozen. We were 3-1 up with about 10 to go, and Celtic pulled level. 3-3, and the probability that we were going to screw up again. Except we didn't. We won 5-3 AET and laid the ghost. Which meant the fans were all well back onside for the start of the League Cup campaign.

Also, that was a genuinely top-quality team. Every single one of them - NO exceptions - would be in genuine contention for a place in the Scotland side, and at least eight of them would be automatic selections - Brownlie, Schaedler, Stanton, Blackley, Edwards, Gordon, Cropley, and Duncan - if they were playing now. Every one of those players would hugely improve the present side, I'm certain, and I would be pretty sure Herriot, Black, and O'Rourke were as good as any Scottish player now playing, and better than all but a very, very few. People wanted to see them play.

(Actually, Pat Stanton in his prime could play in any outfield position in the Scotland team right now, and be a better player than the player he replaced. Seriously.)

We haven't had the chance to really lay the ghost of May yet, but then ET had a settled team that really only needed the addition of a couple of players - IIRC he put Alec Cropley in for Johnny Hazel and brought Alex Edwards in for Bertie Auld. Pat has had to deal with some right numpties, and while I dare say he's hasn't always got it right, he IS clearly moving the team in the right direction.

TBH, I haven't been back yet. I intended to get to Killie and/or ICT, but For Killie I was ill and for ICT I had to deal with a funeral - which has to come first, I'm afraid. (The family wouldn't agree to 1.30 pm at Seafield Crematorium, hard as I tried to persuade them.) I was thinking seriously about Saturday last, but again work commitments took priority. This is just part of my landscape, I'm afraid.

BUT I WILL BE BACK, SOON. I just hope that's not a day we get tanked!

And if we do please dont ever come back again as you are a jinx. :greengrin

Completely agree can remember being devastated after the 6-1 win as genuinely thought we were good enough to win though to be fair Celtic were a pretty exceptional team at that time also and home advantage always helps. :rolleyes:

As you say PF seems to care alot and takes a great pride in his job, the team and the club. He looked genuinely humiliated after that final and he has used that pain to work very hard in improving the team. It isn't always pretty at present however there is a slowly maturing confidence and strength in the team and ER is actually an enjoyable place to attend games at present. There are still your moaning faced killjoys who you get the impression are gagging on Hibs losing the first goal to have a pop however the improved results and performances have even quietened some of these guys.

Slow and gradual improvement is definitely the way to go.