PDA

View Full Version : Big Up to the Dundee fans.

Famous Fiver
06-10-2012, 06:39 PM
OK, they were quiet, but they turned out in far greater numbers than Inverness, St Johnstone, St Mirren, Kilmarnock and took the crowd over the 10,000 mark.

Clapped Griffiths on his substitution and took their medicine well. (Big up to the Hibs fans too, who gave Nish a good round of applause when he went off)

Credit to the Premier League and I just hope they don't go down.

LeighLoyal
06-10-2012, 06:42 PM
Hope they stay up too, but can't see it.

allezsauzee
06-10-2012, 06:42 PM
Must have been nice for Sparky to take corner kicks without getting it tight from the opposition support for once

Hibs Class
06-10-2012, 06:47 PM
Thought Dundee was the poorest team at ER so far this season. Thought McBride was decent for them in the first half and was surprised he was first subbed, Nish had a typical ER performance and didn't think Kerr did anything to suggest Fenlon got that decision wrong. Felt far more comfortable today at 1-0 and 2-0 than I did against ICT.

#FromTheCapital
06-10-2012, 06:54 PM
Definitely a poor side but got to feel sorry for them being catapulted into spl like that. Oh well could be worse for them they could be huns

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-10-2012, 07:05 PM
Dundee will benefit from a season in the SPL and it will boost their finances, but they will go straight back down. I am sure that they expect it as well.

DC_Hibs
06-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Dundee usually had a decent travelling support. Always remember the crowd they brought in the 5-2 (Agathe) game when they also had a decent team.

As mentioned, its due to the football authorities that they werent given sufficient time to prepare for the SPL due to the ridiculously short notice that they would actually be playing in it. Maybe they will get the chance to strengthen in January and still be in with a chance then of avoiding the drop.

Diclonius
06-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Did Griffiths celebrate his goal? Looked to me like he didn't.

HibeeN
06-10-2012, 07:30 PM
Did Griffiths celebrate his goal? Looked to me like he didn't.

Not really. He just stood still and briefly put his arms out and then Deegan lifted him up and the rest of the team congratulated him. Thought it was a nice, respectful touch from him - he's still got a soft spot for them obviously and he went about it the right way.

hibee_girl
06-10-2012, 07:32 PM
If you look at his twitter feed Griffiths has put up a photo to prove to the Dundee fans he didn't celebrate, he's being lifted in the air by our players but his face is tripping him!! :greengrin

06-10-2012, 07:35 PM
Not really. He just stood still and briefly put his arms out and then Deegan lifted him up and the rest of the team congratulated him. Thought it was a nice, respectful touch from him - he's still got a soft spot for them obviously and he went about it the right way.

:agree: He was with them during their financial crisis, where I think the whole Dundee FC family came together so Im sure he will always have a soft spot for them, and the fans will have a soft spot for him.

essexhibee
06-10-2012, 08:09 PM
His transfer fee went a long way to saving the club iirc. Can see from his twitter he didn't celebrate and showed a bit of class. :aok: