PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Hospitality

lucky
06-10-2012, 06:01 PM
6 of us took advantage of hospitality today at ER and it was excellent. 3 course meal, pie at HT and at seat service for a paying bar before and after the game. Grant Stott was the compère today and Pat Stanton and Laurie Reilly were available for a chat and photos. Jorge Claros came in after the game for an interview. Excellent day around.

I would recommend it, the deal they are doing for ST holders is only £60 for the St. Mirren game

iwasthere1972
06-10-2012, 09:52 PM
I have to ask. Why would anyone need a half time pie when they've not long golloped down a three course meal.

Gatecrasher
06-10-2012, 10:08 PM
Was there today as well with my family and we all really enjoyed it. It was a real day to remember, If anyone is thinking about it should go for it :agree:

lucky
07-10-2012, 07:05 AM
I have to ask. Why would anyone need a half time pie when they've not long golloped down a three course meal.

You don't need the pie but its there if you want it

LancsHibs
07-10-2012, 09:12 AM
To get your money's worth. Eat the pie or wrap it in a napkin and take it with you for your supper:rules:

Heedersnvolleys
07-10-2012, 09:27 AM
Glad you enjoyed and i don't want toput a negative on a brilliant day for everyone yesterday but it is something I have noticed for a few weeks now someone at ER is not doing there job right as the hospitality/sponsors/directors area is the most sparsely populated in the west. Which obviously means lost revenue.

Twiglet
07-10-2012, 09:34 AM
Glad you enjoyed and i don't want toput a negative on a brilliant day for everyone yesterday but it is something I have noticed for a few weeks now someone at ER is not doing there job right as the hospitality/sponsors/directors area is the most sparsely populated in the west. Which obviously means lost revenue.

Maybe for the next programme someone could write an article about their hospitality experience? Hibs could even put the article on the
website.

lucky
07-10-2012, 10:09 AM
Hibs are going to pushing in big time. They had a photographer there yesterday taking pictures for the website. It was a lot better than I expected and we will doing it again this season

Hibby D
07-10-2012, 10:12 AM

It's because it's too expensive! £60 on top of an already paid for match ticket (if you're a ST holder) for a 3 course meal! Nice for a one-off special occasion maybe but it wouldn't be my first choice if I had a spare £60 going; especially in the current climate.

Glad the guys enjoyed it :agree:

legends of 73
07-10-2012, 10:14 AM

Think you'll find the economic downturn has cost the club a small fortune with companies not using hospitality as they can't afford it.

Not the clubs fault it's just the way of the world just now

Bristolhibby
07-10-2012, 12:06 PM
It's because it's too expensive! £60 on top of an already paid for match ticket (if you're a ST holder) for a 3 course meal! Nice for a one-off special occasion maybe but it wouldn't be my first choice if I had a spare £60 going; especially in the current climate.

Glad the guys enjoyed it :agree:

Agree with that.

We went to Sunderland on my Cousins stag do.

For £50 we got our match ticket (in the padded seats), a programme, a hot meal (chicken curry and rice) & a pint.

Also we were watching Premier League football, not SPL.

£60 on top of your season ticket price for Hibs v Dundee seems poor value.

J

Craig_in_Prague
07-10-2012, 12:10 PM
Agree with that.

We went to Sunderland on my Cousins stag do.

For £50 we got our match ticket (in the padded seats), a programme, a hot meal (chicken curry and rice) & a pint.

Also we were watching Premier League football, not SPL.

£60 on top of your season ticket price for Hibs v Dundee seems poor value.

J

You have to wonder who Hibs benckmark against eh...

Hibs are usually too dear in most ways.

Saughton Hibby
08-10-2012, 08:54 PM
I was also there with the mrs on Saturday and had a really fab day :top marks

Huge thanks to Amanda from hospitality :clapper:

:flag:

dangermouse
09-10-2012, 08:34 AM
My daughter was there with her boyfriend. They got taken down pitch side at half time to do the Happy Hibee draw as he proposed to her. The photographer got a couple of photos of them so there may be something in the next programme anyway.

I'll ask if either of them want to write to the club about their "special day" only tainted by his team being turned over by a team from Stirling :greengrin.

My daughter told me that's twice he's been at Easter Road this season and the Hibees haven't lost while he's there so she wants to get him a season ticket next year :wink:

HibeeEmma
09-10-2012, 08:38 AM
6 of us took advantage of hospitality today at ER and it was excellent. 3 course meal, pie at HT and at seat service for a paying bar before and after the game. Grant Stott was the compère today and Pat Stanton and Laurie Reilly were available for a chat and photos. Jorge Claros came in after the game for an interview. Excellent day around.

I would recommend it, the deal they are doing for ST holders is only £60 for the St. Mirren game

Even better deal:

https://www.itison.com/Edinburgh/deals/hibs-vs-dundee-united-matchday-hospitality--2?utm_source=DealOfTheDayEmail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=DealOfTheDayEmail-2012-10-09

JohnStephens91
09-10-2012, 09:33 AM
My daughter was there with her boyfriend. They got taken down pitch side at half time to do the Happy Hibee draw as he proposed to her. The photographer got a couple of photos of them so there may be something in the next programme anyway.

I'll ask if either of them want to write to the club about their "special day" only tainted by his team being turned over by a team from Stirling :greengrin.

My daughter told me that's twice he's been at Easter Road this season and the Hibees haven't lost while he's there so she wants to get him a season ticket next year :wink:

Good old Jamie the biting Hun :wink: I was at the game with my dad and I said on the way to the match 'Dad, Jamie is going to propose.' But my old man was too slow on getting his camera out to film it happening, congratulations to your family because Jamie is a great guy despite his blue fault :greengrin

Hibby Gav
09-10-2012, 09:57 AM
Even better deal:

https://www.itison.com/Edinburgh/deals/hibs-vs-dundee-united-matchday-hospitality--2?utm_source=DealOfTheDayEmail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=DealOfTheDayEmail-2012-10-09

And I see it's sold out...85 punters snapped it up....hope hibs are watching as it shows that there is the market at the 'right price' !

LancashireHibby
09-10-2012, 10:01 AM
And I see it's sold out...85 punters snapped it up....hope hibs are watching as it shows that there is the market at the 'right price' !
I would suspect the 'right price' is a loss leader so unsustainable apart from the odd occasions such as this where the kick off time won't be helpful to getting many corporate bookings.

Hibby Gav
09-10-2012, 10:05 AM
I would suspect the 'right price' is a loss leader so unsustainable apart from the odd occasions such as this where the kick off time won't be helpful to getting many corporate bookings.

True..good shout, although perhaps if they adjusted to maybe £50 they could make a few quid and fill the seats?

Lucius Apuleius
09-10-2012, 10:20 AM
But the £60 is not on top of a season ticket under normal circumstances. Obviously if you already have a season ticket it is but this is the normal price you would pay if you did not have a season ticket. Now, whether there should be a deal for ST holders to get hospitality at a reduced rate is another discussion but I am pretty sure they have done this in the past as well.

And not really comparable to the Mackem deal. Hibs deal is food before during and after the game, not just a curry and rice before the game.

JimBHibees
09-10-2012, 02:07 PM
Been at the hospitality twice and both times it was excellent and well worth doing.

dangermouse
09-10-2012, 03:04 PM
Good old Jamie the biting Hun :wink: I was at the game with my dad and I said on the way to the match 'Dad, Jamie is going to propose.' But my old man was too slow on getting his camera out to film it happening, congratulations to your family because Jamie is a great guy despite his blue fault :greengrin

I never got any photo's either thanks to G4S guys blocking my view.

As for Jamie, I have him on video singing :pfgwa although in his defence he had just asked for my daughters hand in marriage :greengrin

PS I take it I may have met you then?

Nando™
09-10-2012, 04:22 PM

Is his English coming along or was it through a translator?

Apocalypso
09-10-2012, 06:29 PM
Is his English coming along or was it through a translator?

Ee.