PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings / Man of the match v Dundee (merged)

hibsbollah
06-10-2012, 05:51 PM
Williams 7

Mcnew Boy 8 Really impressive. Once he gets up to speed with Cairney will be better and better.
Hanlon 8 our best defender. Again.
McPake 7 Dynamic going forward, a few'moments' again at the back.
Clancy 7 Fine

Wotherspoon 8 Wonderful performance. Joint MOTM with...
Claros 8 Hes playing like Boozy. And I loved boozy.
Deegan 7
Cairney 7 quieter than of late, but great assist for the first.

Doyle 8
Griffiths 8

Noone had a bad game. Wonderful day out all round.

Humo
06-10-2012, 05:53 PM
Williams - 8 solid performance, good clean sheet but i get a bit nervous whenever a cross comes in.

McGivern - 7 overall solid play no real negatives
McPake - 8 Good defending but had a minor hickup that, against a better side, would have cost us a goal
Hanlon - 7 Solid performance has more confidence but needs to work on his long balls
Clancy - 8 Good play and helped set up the 3rd goal

Spoony - 8 Cracking goal and an all round solid performance
Claors - 9 My MOTM didnt miss a pass always getting back in defence when needed didnt see him miss a tackle either
Deegan - 6 an all right game but seemed to loose the ball quite a bit
Cairney - 8 Should have had a goal but set up the 1st and 2nd goal

Doyle - 7 He puts in a lot of effort and his positioning is good but i think he missed a few easy goals
Griffiths - 8 Good performance

subs

Taiwo - 7 seems all right but didnt notice anything in particular but i reckon there is more to be seen
Kuqi - 8 good play i would like to see him on for longer
Harris - 6 Didnt see him do much but i reckon in time he will be a much better player

hfc rd
06-10-2012, 05:53 PM
Everyone gets pass marks from me. A great day and hopefully more to come on a regular basis.

Humo
06-10-2012, 05:55 PM
As it says on the tin who was your MOTH

Mine was Claros but spoony was a close second

Golden Bear
06-10-2012, 05:57 PM
Eoin Doyle.

A brilliant all round performance.

J-C
06-10-2012, 05:58 PM
Defo Claros, oozed class, Spoony was too quiet in the 1st half.

hfc rd
06-10-2012, 05:59 PM
1st Claros
2nd McGivern
3rd Hanlon

hibee_girl
06-10-2012, 06:00 PM
Has to be Claros, Spoony would have got it if he'd played the first half like he did the second.

Fergus52
06-10-2012, 06:01 PM
Claros edges it, but hard to choose between him, McGivern, Cairney and Doyle

LeighLoyal
06-10-2012, 06:02 PM
6. Williams, missed the first ten mins due to a huge f***in traffic jam from Maybury to Barnton, but heard he had a good early save.

McGivern, 8, top player
McPake, 7, usual assuredness
Hanlon, 6, almost gave a way a goal in the second half, needs to concentrate for the full 90
Clancy, 6, a bit like Hanlon, has to concentrate, took a yellow for the team

Spoon, 8, could have had two but another fine goal
Claros, 8, so assured, deserved MOTM
Deegan, 6, I like this guy but he never really stands out
Cairney, 7, usual strong running and work rate.

Doyle. 7, Good display and goal again, intelligent player who links well
Griffiths 7, always a threat

Kuqi, 5, some good touches when he came on, and showed he has a bit pace left. Maybe not such an old man after all.

theonlywayisup
06-10-2012, 06:07 PM
Hibs v Dundee - who was your MOTM?

Thought both Claros and Wotherspoon were very good, as was Doyle. But who was your MOTM?

At The Edge
06-10-2012, 06:09 PM
Sponsors got it right, Claros was different class today, his vision and passing were very good today, oh aye he can tackle as well! :agree:

McKenzie
06-10-2012, 06:12 PM
Doyle
Cairney
Spoony

LeighLoyal
06-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Claros
Spoon
McGivern

wearethehibs
06-10-2012, 06:14 PM
Cairney for me. Thought he was brilliant. Class assist for the 1st.

I love the fact there is not a stand out MOTM. Great team performance.

GGTTH

theonlywayisup
06-10-2012, 06:16 PM
As it says on the tin who was your MOTH

Mine was Claros but spoony was a close second

Hey........I do the MOTM threads!

By the way what is a MOTH. Schoolboy error, though I did that myself once!

Admins, feel free to merge with my poll.

Johnny0762
06-10-2012, 06:19 PM
McGivern. Excellent composure. Owned his game today.

matty_f
06-10-2012, 06:22 PM
Claros edged it for me. :agree:

fat freddy
McGirven....he reminds me of Ulrik Larson.

Hanny
Cairney for me. Very impressed.

Have to mention Claros, Doyle and Wotherspoon as well, all had excellent games.

Humo
06-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Hey........I do the MOTM threads!

By the way what is a MOTH. Schoolboy error, though I did that myself once!

Admins, feel free to merge with my poll.

Haha sorry :)

Hiber-nation
06-10-2012, 06:23 PM
McGirven....he reminds me of Ulrik Larson.

Just what I said today....him and Cairney were like John O'Neill and big Uli. Well almost....

cabbageandribs1875
06-10-2012, 06:26 PM
praise must go to today's referee, it's not often no one appears to be slating the ref for one reason or another, so he must have let the game flow, just the way it should be :agree:

LeighLoyal
06-10-2012, 06:26 PM
Just what I said today....him and Cairney were like John O'Neill and big Uli. Well almost....

Good shout, Ulrik and John O'Neil were boss. :flag:

HibeeN
06-10-2012, 06:28 PM
praise must go to today's referee, it's not often no one appears to be slating the ref for one reason or another, so he must have let the game flow, just the way it should be :agree:

Don't think there was a bad tackle in the game either, nor too much silly shirt-pulling and nonsense in the box. Says it all there being no injury time in the first half and only time added on for subs in the second. :agree:

cabbageandribs1875
06-10-2012, 06:33 PM
Don't think there was a bad tackle in the game either, nor too much silly shirt-pulling and nonsense in the box. Says it all there being no injury time in the first half and only time added on for subs in the second. :agree:

just done a quick search, it was willie collum :shocked: pretty sure he's been a nawty boy to us in the past :greengrin

allezsauzee
06-10-2012, 06:34 PM
The drummer in the East Stand

Stonewall
06-10-2012, 06:37 PM
Cairney for me. Very impressed.

Have to mention Claros, Doyle and Wotherspoon as well, all had excellent games.

A lot of very good performances against a punchless Dundee side.

Claros was my man of the match easily. A fantastic all round display. I don't think he gave the ball away once, unlike Cairney who did some very good things but also gave the ball away far too often.

KingFranck
06-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Cairney edged it for me thought Doyle and Spoony deserve a mention too

Hibs Class
06-10-2012, 06:51 PM
I'd have probably gone for Cairney, but thought Claros was a decent shout - thought he had far more forward momentum today, esp. in the second half than previously when he's had a tendency to slow the build-up with a sideways or backwards pass.

HibeeN
06-10-2012, 06:58 PM
I thought McGivern had a really good game, definitely feel comfortable with him at left-back and I think he'll get even better when him and Cairney get more game-time together and link up more effectively. Cairney gave the ball away more than usual today, but he gets into good positions and every time he gets to the byline or the box he does something dangerous. Set up one goal with a lovely cross, won the penalty, and probably should have scored himself in the second half.

Doyle played well, missed a couple of chances but took his goal well and great, intelligent play from him as usual. I really hope we can keep Griffiths past January because these two seem to be building an excellent strike partnership.

Claros is just improving week after week, he's so composed in the midfield, it's very refreshing to see!

Any one out of McGivern, Cairney, Doyle and Claros could have been MOTM today. Which is a great thing. :thumbsup:

The Harp Awakes
06-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Thought Spoony, Claros, Doyle, Griffiths & McGivern were all very good today. McGivern shaded it for me. Looks a class act.

theonlywayisup
06-10-2012, 09:51 PM
BUMP! Only 29 voted so far - c'mon who was you MOTM or MOTH as Superstanton would say!!!

Humo
06-10-2012, 10:00 PM
BUMP! Only 29 voted so far - c'mon who was you MOTM or MOTH as Superstanton would say!!!

Man of the hour

fife hfc
07-10-2012, 07:23 AM
As said already there was a number of excellent percormances yesterday. Mcgivern, Claros, Wotherspoon (second half), Cairney (after a slow start) and Doyle. Its great to find it difficult to choose a player but it would be Doyle for me.

fife hfc
07-10-2012, 07:28 AM
Williams 7

Mcnew Boy 8 Really impressive. Once he gets up to speed with Cairney will be better and better.
Hanlon 8 our best defender. Again.
McPake 7 Dynamic going forward, a few'moments' again at the back.
Clancy 7 Fine

Wotherspoon 8 Wonderful performance. Joint MOTM with...
Claros 8 Hes playing like Boozy. And I loved boozy.
Deegan 7
Cairney 7 quieter than of late, but great assist for the first.

Doyle 8
Griffiths 8

Noone had a bad game. Wonderful day out all round.

None had a bad game sums it up for me. Yes we started slowly but in the end it was the team that won the game, under Hughes we usually relied on individual brilliance of Stokes or Deeks to do it. Well done to all of them today and they all deserve pass marks, and a big well done to Paddy as he is taken us in the right direction and hopefully we can keep improving.

Love the Green
07-10-2012, 08:35 PM
FFS what is all this raving about spoony..he has been murder for over a season does well in 1 game and plays really well fro 30 mins yesterday and people want to give him MOM.
He was not in the same class as Cairney yesterday and despite his goal he had a few runs up the wing and linked up once or twice with other players.
Basic stuff we should expect every week. 8 out of 10 for playing for 1 half do me a favour.

"keep the faith":agree:

marinello59
07-10-2012, 08:47 PM
FFS what is all this raving about spoony..he has been murder for over a season does well in 1 game and plays really well fro 30 mins yesterday and people want to give him MOM.
He was not in the same class as Cairney yesterday and despite his goal he had a few runs up the wing and linked up once or twice with other players.
Basic stuff we should expect every week. 8 out of 10 for playing for 1 half do me a favour.

What a strangely bitter post. A young Hibs player doing well really seems to upset you.

Hibeescott
07-10-2012, 08:53 PM

It is because of guys like you that we haven't seen the best of him at home. Totally blinkered and no matter what the guy does, he cant win. He has been outstanding every time he plays for scotland u21s because the guys in the crowd aren't on his back as soon as he makes the slightest mistake. This season we are beginning to see how good he always has been, because fenlon has worked a lot on his confidence. Has scored 2 cracking goals in last two home games and leading our assist charts, enough said!

frazeHFC
07-10-2012, 08:57 PM
Some of our players right now like Claros, Cairney, Griffiths and Doyle ooze with class, and then we have Wotherspoon etc on top form. Love being a Hibee right now!

Love the Green
07-10-2012, 09:01 PM
It is because of guys like you that we haven't seen the best of him at home. Totally blinkered and no matter what the guy does, he cant win. He has been outstanding every time he plays for scotland u21s because the guys in the crowd aren't on his back as soon as he makes the slightest mistake. This season we are beginning to see how good he always has been, because fenlon has worked a lot on his confidence. Has scored 2 cracking goals in last two home games and leading our assist charts, enough said!

Strange post as it is youself who appears blinkered,,,watched the lad throughout his u19 career and he was class..however he has not progressed as expected oh that will be the fans fault after all we are hibees and should put up with any old crap the club supplies.
What I am saying is we should expect more consistancy and flair from a player who has undoubted talent but appears afraid and lazy on many occassions.
8 out of 10 :confused:
"keep the faith"

Love the Green
07-10-2012, 09:05 PM
What a strangely bitter post. A young Hibs player doing well really seems to upset you.

:thumbsup:
:boo hoo::fishin: