PDA

View Full Version : Spoony

VickMackie
06-10-2012, 05:37 PM
Thought he looked really good today and what a goal!

Looked really confident aswell and the player we thought he'd be at the start.

NorthNorfolkHFC
06-10-2012, 05:41 PM
Top class, everyone knew he has skills. He is now remembering how to use them.

hfc rd
06-10-2012, 05:46 PM
His confidence is coming back. He's looking so much like the player he was for the double winning U19's & when he just broke into the 1st team. Long may it continue!!

Hiber-nation
06-10-2012, 05:49 PM
Superb 2nd half and brilliantly taken goal, well done Spoony.

Teuchter Hibbie
06-10-2012, 05:50 PM
it does make you wonder - how well would he be playing now if his development and confidence hadn't taken such a kicking over the past couple of seasons? Paul Hanlon as well, to a lesser extent.

Barney McGrew
06-10-2012, 06:59 PM
He had a bit of the swagger about him second half.

It's amazing what a wee bit of confidence and having backing rather than people on your back can do.

Seveno
06-10-2012, 07:23 PM
Well done, Pat. You have signed a new player for us at no cost. Rodgers must love you.

jacomo
06-10-2012, 08:42 PM
Well done, Pat. You have signed a new player for us at no cost. Rodgers must love you.

Are Liverpool keeping tabs on him now? :wink:

S.sct
06-10-2012, 10:21 PM
Missed the contact on the ball for his goal (somebody stood up). Did he hit the ball with his left foot? His shape and direction of the shot certainly looked like it.

matty_f
06-10-2012, 10:30 PM
Missed the contact on the ball for his goal (somebody stood up). Did he hit the ball with his left foot? His shape and direction of the shot certainly looked like it.

He did indeed. Cracking finish.:agree:

LeighLoyal
06-10-2012, 11:41 PM
I think he's matured this season, he's now playing at a consistent level which is hard for young players to get to. Hope it continues.

sbell1875
07-10-2012, 12:22 AM
My pal text me today saying he didn't look like he wanted to score and even when he did he seemed subdued in his celebration. I liked the way that at the end he still applauded the Dundee fans. Top bloke.

We need to sign him and Claros F/T ASAP!

VickMackie
07-10-2012, 02:35 PM
My pal text me today saying he didn't look like he wanted to score and even when he did he seemed subdued in his celebration. I liked the way that at the end he still applauded the Dundee fans. Top bloke.

Your pal must be clueless.

He looked delighted from about ten metres away.

Danny_Hibee
07-10-2012, 02:38 PM

Seems to be a bit of a Spoony and Griffiths mix up with your mate!

Broken Gnome
07-10-2012, 03:19 PM
Seems to be a bit of a Spoony and Griffiths mix up with your mate!

Aye, and would think a Saints fan would be bloody happy at getting it right up Dundee :greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
07-10-2012, 03:28 PM
Great to see him turn the corner. Last season wasn't great, but he looks a new player this term.

You'll still get people on here saying he should be dropped, however 2 goals and 3 assists from 9 games this season. Good return for a midfielder :aok:

SMAXXA
07-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Great to see him turn the corner. Last season wasn't great, but he looks a new player this term.

You'll still get people on here saying he should be dropped, however 2 goals and 3 assists from 9 games this season. Good return for a midfielder :aok:

He was poor last week as was cairney, he is still frustrating that his overall contribution in games seems not that great. Credit where its due though as you stated thos stats speak for themselves and we have been crying out for our midfield to get more goals which has been sorely lacking in recent years.

He still needs to offer more imo but its progress and well done to the lad keep progressing and prove people wrong, myself included.

Pretty Boy
07-10-2012, 06:30 PM
He's doing well this season.

Still room for improvement of course but if he keeps doing what he's doing that'll come. Seems to be a confidence player and a few goals and a bit positivity from the stands will only help him.

I was a critic of him last year but would love him to prove me wrong, at this moment in time he is.

lucky
07-10-2012, 06:44 PM
He played well yesterday but still fails to track properly. He has done ok this season but I'm still not convinced that he is consistent enough to deserve a regular place in the team

Piqué
07-10-2012, 08:31 PM
Loved how he repeatedly beat his man in the second half. His confidence is growing every week, good to see!

Love the Green
07-10-2012, 08:43 PM
FFS what is all this raving about spoony..he has been murder for over a season does well in 1 game and plays really well fro 30 mins yesterday and people want to give him MOM.
He was not in the same class as Cairney yesterday and despite his goal he had a few runs up the wing and linked up once or twice with other players.
Basic stuff we should expect every week. 8 out of 10 for playing for 1 half do me a favour.

"keep the faith":agree:

Wotherspiniesta
07-10-2012, 09:49 PM
FFS what is all this raving about spoony..he has been murder for over a season does well in 1 game and plays really well fro 30 mins yesterday and people want to give him MOM.
He was not in the same class as Cairney yesterday and despite his goal he had a few runs up the wing and linked up once or twice with other players.
Basic stuff we should expect every week. 8 out of 10 for playing for 1 half do me a favour.

:shhhsh!::giruy:

Johnny0762
07-10-2012, 09:51 PM
I thought Wotherspoon floated in and out of the game yesterday. Great finish though once again proves he has the quality if not the consistency.

GreenPJ
07-10-2012, 10:16 PM

Cairney in the first half was poor. He made the run and cross for the goal and that was it. His first touch in the first half was poor and looked a yard off the pace. Got better in second half but there were 3 players at least ahead of him for MoM