PDA

View Full Version : Claros

Badabing
06-10-2012, 04:16 PM
Man of the match by a country mile. Won everything, distribution was excellent and didnt give the ball away once. We need to get that contract sorted pronto.

Pretty Boy
06-10-2012, 04:18 PM
Would have given MOM to Cairney but Claros was a close second.

One astute signing and one of last seasons signings who looks like a new player. Pleasing.

Pedantic_Hibee
06-10-2012, 04:19 PM
Fantastic brain on him, never panics, never rushes it. Finds his man 99 times out of 100.

hibee_girl
06-10-2012, 04:23 PM
I was mostly impressed with his defensive play today, he seemed to be there to make a tackle every time Dundee had the ball.

Ray_
06-10-2012, 04:24 PM
Man of the match by a country mile. Won everything, distribution was excellent and didnt give the ball away once. We need to get that contract sorted pronto.

Fingers crossed, but his club were looking for 800k & we know Hibs would only pay a fraction of that, if anything.

#FromTheCapital
06-10-2012, 04:24 PM
Would of gave MoM to cairney, have seen Claros play better and not get MoM. Not to take anything away from him 2day he had a good game

VickMackie
06-10-2012, 04:35 PM
Mcgivern was great aswell. He could possibly support the attacks a little more but looks really composed.

Williams had a great save at 0-0 in the first half.

Cairney's running style is funny. :greengrin

S.sct
06-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Claros was a stand out AGAIN with Doyle close behind for MOTM. Glad the sponsors got it right today GGTTH

marleyhib
06-10-2012, 04:51 PM

Agree 100%, lot of very good performances today, Cairney and Griffiths were excellent as was Mcgivern

matty_f
06-10-2012, 05:13 PM
Would agree with the sponsors today, Claros was the best player on the park today Claros(again).

hfc rd
06-10-2012, 05:14 PM
Please please sign him up Rod!!

lucky
06-10-2012, 05:34 PM
He is off to Honduras tomorrow via London and Miami. Hope he comes back without any injuries

Hiber-nation
06-10-2012, 05:52 PM
If you watch him closely he's 2 moves ahead of the rest of the team. Never wasted a ball and can run and tackle all day. Class.

Billy Whizz
06-10-2012, 06:53 PM
Please please sign him up Rod!!

We got him on a 12 month loan, think his club back home are looking for big money

Seveno
06-10-2012, 07:30 PM
He played well from start to finish, on the ball so much and didn't give it away once. Some superb long passes that created excellent chances.
His work rate was tremendous, tracking back, putting in good tackles and acting as the last line of defence at corners.

DH1875
06-10-2012, 08:38 PM
Time and time again I backed the guy on here only to be slaughtered and have my loyalties questioned :rolleyes:. Just so clad for him he's come good and hopes he keeps it up :aok:.

jacomo
06-10-2012, 08:45 PM
Fingers crossed, but his club were looking for 800k & we know Hibs would only pay a fraction of that, if anything.

Offer them a sell on clause and tell them Claros will be on his way to the EPL soon enough.

Hawkhill1875
07-10-2012, 04:20 AM
Best player on the park. I wish we could keep him.

Mark79
07-10-2012, 08:45 AM
Big difference having the wife and kid here I think.

LancsHibs
07-10-2012, 09:20 AM
Seems to be a completely different player to last season, well done Jorge and well done Pat for sorting that dreadful midfield :thumbsup:

Golden Bear
07-10-2012, 11:42 AM
I always did say that Claros would be a good player in a good team and that's the way things have transpired.

:greengrin

Hibs7
07-10-2012, 11:45 AM
He has stated he likes it at Hibs and would be willing to stay, happy here with his family, up to Rod and Pat to get this sorted, we live in hope.

judas
07-10-2012, 04:23 PM
Time and time again I backed the guy on here only to be slaughtered and have my loyalties questioned :rolleyes:. Just so clad for him he's come good and hopes he keeps it up :aok:.

You are not alone. I said from his debut game that he was class. It was obvious to me. God, I'm good.

SkintHibby
07-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Allan Preston said yesterday on open all mikes that Cairney was man of the match by a mile!

HibbyAndy
07-10-2012, 04:29 PM
Claros MOTM For me yet again.

tamig
07-10-2012, 04:36 PM
And yet Claros gets his standard 6 rating in the Sun. Not sure what they've got against the guy - maybe that he chose us over the hun?

HibbyAndy
07-10-2012, 05:15 PM
And yet Claros gets his standard 6 rating in the Sun. Not sure what they've got against the guy - maybe that he chose us over the hun?

Nail.Hammer.Head.

berty_mee
07-10-2012, 06:10 PM
Some great performances from those in green today. McGivern, McPake, Cairney, Doyle and Griffiths. But Claros was streets ahead - tackled, passed, tidied up and what a ball for Spoonies goal. I take back what I said earlier in the season and applaud those that saw it before me and rubbished me putting him down. 10/10 Jorge

3pm
07-10-2012, 06:27 PM
Remember, Claros pitched up in a pair of Reebok classics. Get him a pair of of Nike Air Max to go with his stonewashed jeans and he'll think he's hit the jackpot.

Loan extended.

Thecat23
08-10-2012, 10:36 AM
For anyone interested, I was chatting to Claros's agent Dave Baldwin on sat as I know him well. He was asking how he's been doing lately and i was telling him for me he's running the show from midfield. I honestly think him having his family over has been a huge help and according to Dave he's very happy in Edinburgh. No extension has been discussed on his current contract as of yet and Dave said he isn't sure if he will be with us after Xmas/New year as there are a couple of clubs apparently watching his progress. Really hope he stays on myself as he's the type we need calm and composed. At least he's settled though and that could go in our favour.

essexhibee
08-10-2012, 11:01 AM
Been called up to the Honduras squad.

Congrats Jorge :thumbsup:

blaikie
08-10-2012, 11:50 AM
I remember reading last year his home club wanted 800k? Bit too much for Rod in this climate I would imagine!

frazeHFC
08-10-2012, 11:52 AM
He has been outstanding this season, like a new player. I have not got my hopes up but praying we can keep him past January!

Heedersnvolleys
08-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Couldn't believe folk about me were questioning he was MOTM. Hope he is fully appreciated now!

Hibercelona
08-10-2012, 03:48 PM
Viva Hibs!

DH1875
08-10-2012, 03:57 PM
Allan Preston said yesterday on open all mikes that Cairney was man of the match by a mile!

Allan Preston is a dirty yam ****.

Probably the last thing we need though. All that flying can't be good for you.

Franck is God
09-10-2012, 07:47 PM
Have to say I rated Claros from his first kick too but I would think that our only chance of keeping him beyond January would be an extension to the loan or some kind of shared contract deal that will allow his home club to receive a large proportion of any future transfer fee.

I have a feeling that Taiwo has been signed to play the exact same role, if you read his bio and how he describes his own game it is very similar to how Claros plays, neat and tidy, good on the ball and hard working.

With Deegan out for a wee while we might get to see what Taiwo is capable if in the next few games.

Johnny0762
09-10-2012, 08:07 PM
Have to say I rated Claros from his first kick too but I would think that our only chance of keeping him beyond January would be an extension to the loan or some kind of shared contract deal that will allow his home club to receive a large proportion of any future transfer fee.

I have a feeling that Taiwo has been signed to play the exact same role, if you read his bio and how he describes his own game it is very similar to how Claros plays, neat and tidy, good on the ball and hard working.

With Deegan out for a wee while we might get to see what Taiwo is capable if in the next few games.

What did you read like? I read some stuff written on Taiwo just the other day and he sounds nothing like Claros to be fair?

For one, Taiwo says he likes to bomb forward and hopes to chip in with a few goals. Definitely not Claros' game.

Piqué
09-10-2012, 08:57 PM
What did you read like? I read some stuff written on Taiwo just the other day and he sounds nothing like Claros to be fair?

For one, Taiwo says he likes to bomb forward and hopes to chip in with a few goals. Definitely not Claros' game.
Maybe we'll be really lucky and find that he can play the Claros role while scoring a few goals as an added bonus!

nonshinyfinish
09-10-2012, 09:03 PM
I remember reading last year his home club wanted 800k? Bit too much for Rod in this climate I would imagine!

But by the end of his loan there'll be a year less on his contract than when they were after £800k. It seems there's a fair chance that another club will come in and outbid us on wages, but I'd like to think we could find the transfer fee if Jorge wanted to stay.

...WentToMowAnSPL
09-10-2012, 09:11 PM
For anyone interested, I was chatting to Claros's agent Dave Baldwin on sat as I know him well. He was asking how he's been doing lately and i was telling him for me he's a complete bombscare .... Fixed it for you :-) agent speak ! GGTTH

Deek01
09-10-2012, 11:06 PM
Was wondering what ever happened to Lewis Horner?

Johnny0762
09-10-2012, 11:18 PM
Was wondering what ever happened to Lewis Horner?

Farmed out on loan. East Stirling I believe.

monktonharp
10-10-2012, 12:22 AM
just cant see him staying with Hibernian long. stepping stone springs to mind, and we better get used to it. sorry.

#FromTheCapital
10-10-2012, 08:18 AM
just cant see him staying with Hibernian long. stepping stone springs to mind, and we better get used to it. sorry.

Claros will move on to bigger and better things eventually but I hope we can at least keep him til the end of this season, would be gutted to lose him halfway through the season

Mango Man
10-10-2012, 05:55 PM
If anyone on here is friends with the Claros facebook page, then block and report it, I know someone who is very good friends with him and he doesn't have any kind of social media outlet, Claros is trying to get it taken down because whoever is doing it is posting pictures of him and his family, creepy.

Cheers.

:flag:

FranckSuzy
10-10-2012, 06:19 PM
If anyone on here is friends with the Claros facebook page, then block and report it, I know someone who is very good friends with him and he doesn't have any kind of social media outlet, Claros is trying to get it taken down because whoever is doing it is posting pictures of him and his family, creepy.

Cheers.

:flag:

Not doubting you, but it looks pretty kosher. 'Claros' is also friends with Hibs.net, Dnipro Kids and a few esteemed posters on here :wink:

Mango Man
10-10-2012, 06:25 PM
Not doubting you, but it looks pretty kosher. 'Claros' is also friends with Hibs.net, Dnipro Kids and a few esteemed posters on here :wink:

It really does look kosher, not seen anything offensive yet myself, it was my mate who sent me the message on Facebook and he pretty much hangs with the Claros family most days.

FranckSuzy
10-10-2012, 06:28 PM
It really does look kosher, not seen anything offensive yet myself, it was my mate who sent me the message on Facebook and he pretty much hangs with the Claros family most days.

:hmmm: Could .net have been caught out in an elaborate hoax? We need answers :greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
13-10-2012, 06:05 AM

Played the full 90 minutes of a goalless draw against Panama

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/nccamerica/matches/round=258368/match=300181906/index.html

They must beat Canada at home on Tuesday to qualify for the final qualifying group in CONCACAF (top two teams from each group progress to a final group of six).

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/nccamerica/standings/index.html

allezsauzee
13-10-2012, 10:53 PM
We should pay up and sign him permanently. Even if we had to pay 500-600 grand we could sell him for way more than that once teams in England get a sniff

Mango Man
18-10-2012, 03:23 PM
See wee Jorge played the full 90 minutes for Honduras against Canada, finished 8-1 to the former and apparently he had a really good solid game, he really is in superb form, really hope we can keep him longer.

scoopyboy
19-10-2012, 12:07 PM
See wee Jorge played the full 90 minutes for Honduras against Canada, finished 8-1 to the former and apparently he had a really good solid game, he really is in superb form, really hope we can keep him longer.

I agree, sign him now (I'm sure a fee was agreed with his club).

Honduras had been struggling with Panama and Canada looking likely to qualify.

Claros had been out the team recently but came back into the starting line up for the last two games against Panama (0-0) and Canada (8-1). Played 180 minutes and the results meant Honduras qualified.

If Honduras were to go through the final phase then we could have another player in World Cup Finals.

As a BTW that Yam legend Kevin "Moose" McKenna was Canada captain:greengrin

hibsfan7
19-10-2012, 09:40 PM
I hope he is fit to play as he has been superb the last couple of games

:hibees:hibees:hibees

LancashireHibby
19-10-2012, 09:42 PM
Will be interesting to see whether Claros starts tomorrow, as he's certainly done a lot of travelling in the past 10 days in addition to playing a couple of games in presumably quite humid conditions.