PDA

View Full Version : My Boys First Game Tomorrow.

Thecat23
05-10-2012, 04:43 PM
Wasn't going to take my son to ER for another year, he turned 2 in July so thought he's still to young. But he's Hibs daft, anything green or if he sees footy on tv it's HIBEES daddy. Even if he sits the first half as he's good that way I'll be happy. So Mason, here's to your first game, your daddy is going to be so proud walking into the ground, just as my dad was with me.

Oh and sorry in advance for the emotional turmoil your prob going to go through!!! :D

Hibby Gav
05-10-2012, 04:50 PM
Welcome wee man ...enjoy the day !!!!
I did the same with my laddie when he was just short of 2... and that's 20 years ago..we'll both be there as usual tomorrow !

GGTTH
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thecat23
05-10-2012, 04:53 PM
Welcome wee man ...enjoy the day !!!!
I did the same with my laddie when he was just short of 2... and that's 20 years ago..we'll both be there as usual tomorrow !

GGTTH
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cheers mate, hope my boy is still going 20 years later as well!

Wee Ian
05-10-2012, 04:59 PM
:thumbsup:Took my lad along (just turned 4) at the end of last season, few tips for you:

Take lots of his favourite sweets, mine wouldn't sit on his arse for 2 seconds
Take a wee ball and have a kick about in the eating areas at half time to burn off some energy after (hopefully)sitting still for 45 mins
Sit near the exits to be closer to the loo's!

Last thing - Buy a program and stick it away safe for when he asks what his first game was when he's older

Good luck!

Thecat23
05-10-2012, 05:07 PM
:thumbsup:Took my lad along (just turned 4) at the end of last season, few tips for you:

Take lots of his favourite sweets, mine wouldn't sit on his arse for 2 seconds
Take a wee ball and have a kick about in the eating areas at half time to burn off some energy after (hopefully)sitting still for 45 mins
Sit near the exits to be closer to the loo's!

Last thing - Buy a program and stick it away safe for when he asks what his first game was when he's older

Good luck!

Yeah going to take a few sweets and stuff, good shout with the mini ball though, that will keep him occupied for a bit.

matty_f
05-10-2012, 05:48 PM
Plenty scran is definitely the key. :agree:

hibee_girl
05-10-2012, 06:06 PM
Plenty scran is definitely the key. :agree:

Totally, my 7 year old still takes enough food to feed the whole stadium! :agree:

My boy likes to take a small toy with him too to get him through 'the boring bits', last time it was the green power ranger to fit in :greengrin

essexhibee
05-10-2012, 06:22 PM
Well done mate. First game being a hibs one will ensure that he's a hibee for life.

Hope the wee man enjoys it have a good one! :aok:

Jones28
05-10-2012, 06:30 PM
My first game was in the old east, apparently I got bored so I started wondering about, my dad found me greeting when we scored!

maturehibby
05-10-2012, 06:47 PM
![/QUOTE]

Took the above to his first game when he was 4 years old and like the others found that Juice craps sweets etc were great for keeping him occupied and when they run out he wanted to go home .
However there is a upside to this and he has been going for another 23 and has had a season ticket for most of these years .
Good luck with your wee boy and I am sure we have another in the fold

english_hibee
05-10-2012, 06:52 PM
Wasn't going to take my son to ER for another year, he turned 2 in July so thought he's still to young. But he's Hibs daft, anything green or if he sees footy on tv it's HIBEES daddy. Even if he sits the first half as he's good that way I'll be happy. So Mason, here's to your first game, your daddy is going to be so proud walking into the ground, just as my dad was with me.

Oh and sorry in advance for the emotional turmoil your prob going to go through!!! :D

Thinking of taking my wee girl along, she's just shy of 2, not sure if she'll deal with it for the full 90 minutes, may need to leave at half time!

Jonnyboy
05-10-2012, 07:20 PM
Totally, my 7 year old still takes enough food to feed the whole stadium! :agree:

My boy likes to take a small toy with him too to get him through 'the boring bits', last time it was the green power ranger to fit in :greengrin

A warcraft model that takes 90 minutes to make then? :greengrin

Thecat23
05-10-2012, 09:43 PM
Cheers for all the tips guys. Will let you know how he gets on. If you say Jambos to him he shouts BOOOOO and BOKE.. So he's well trained to be a Hibs man!

Thecat23
05-10-2012, 09:47 PM
My first game was in the old east, apparently I got bored so I started wondering about, my dad found me greeting when we scored!

Mate that's superb!! :D

hibbiedon
06-10-2012, 06:49 AM
Taking my two daughters to ER is a memory that I will cherish, it was over 25 years ago but it builds a bond between parent & child, so enjoy it and a big thanks to my dad for taking me

Tricla
06-10-2012, 08:59 AM
I still remember fondly my dad taking me to ER from Duns when I was a nipper. Used to sit in the cowshed or the family section in the old main with the full caboodle on - top, shorts, socks, sweatbands, hat, shell suit, scarf, teddy etc. Proud as punch! I can remember the days when he'd take me and my two sisters and we'd play outside the Albion bar while he had a 'quick pint' (2 or 3 more like!).

I have a 10 month old now and I can't wait to take him to his first game. He loves loud noises and lots of people so it'll not be too long now. Might make it the next home derby and take my old man along too.

All the best to your wee man for today.

GGTTH.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-10-2012, 09:06 AM
Took the above to his first game when he was 4 years old and like the others found that Juice CRAPS sweets etc were great for keeping him occupied

I'm in my forties and they still keep me occupied to this day, especially if I have a paper under my arm!

CalgaryHibs
06-10-2012, 09:47 AM

Great stuff to read mate lets hope the boys win for wee man!

Johnny0762
06-10-2012, 09:53 AM

Looks a nice sunny day which will help. There's nothing worse than sitting with a toddler in the freezin cold. I first took my lassie when she was 2, her first game was a cold day at St Mirren in the first division. She still hasn't gone back to this very day lol. Thankfully my younger son is Hibs daft.

Good luck for the game and I hope the wee man revels in the atmosphere. Hibs' lucky charm for the day is Thekitten23. :greengrin:aok:

givescotlandfreedom
06-10-2012, 11:23 AM
!

Took the above to his first game when he was 4 years old and like the others found that Juice craps sweets etc were great for keeping him occupied and when they run out he wanted to go home .
However there is a upside to this and he has been going for another 23 and has had a season ticket for most of these years .
Good luck with your wee boy and I am sure we have another in the fold[/QUOTE]

Gie's a break it was Alex Miller fitba!

CalgaryHibs
06-10-2012, 03:53 PM
Well Hibs won today with the wee man there, but the big question did he last the 90 mins?

Thecat23
06-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Well lads he lasted.... 90 mins :D he loved it! Shouting HIBEES when walking up. Never been so proud having him on my shoulders walking up to the ground. As other posters stated its a special bond. My first game was also a 3-0 win so that just put the icing on the cake.

Thanks to everyone on here for the tips etc.. Reading other stories is a nice touch too.

Thekitten (like that by the way) cheers Johnny ;) is well and truly one of the Hibs family. The crowd were also superb, so all in all thank you Hibs for giving me one of the best days of my life. Hand in hand walking out my boy says.. "Daddy Mason come back watch Hibees" better believe it wee man.

Keith_M
06-10-2012, 04:46 PM
I'm sure your story is all very heart warming and that but...

.....you called your child MASON?!?!?

:greengrin

Thecat23
06-10-2012, 04:52 PM
Haha, I know!!! :D nothing to do with Masons honest.

Keith_M
06-10-2012, 04:58 PM
Haha, I know!!! :D nothing to do with Masons honest.

OK, here's a wee video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK21p8NEL8Y) just for 'Kitten' :greengrin

Thecat23
06-10-2012, 05:04 PM
Haha brilliant. By the way Mason's great uncle is former Rangers man John Greig... I'm not joking either!!!

DC_Hibs
06-10-2012, 05:45 PM
By the way Mason's great uncle is former Rangers man John Greig... I'm not joking either!!!

Ask him how his team got on today!

Good to hear he enjoyed his first game, did you get the match program as a keepsake?

Hibby70
06-10-2012, 06:06 PM
Is his mum Nancy? (dont think there will be that many Masons)

Thecat23
06-10-2012, 06:37 PM
Ask him how his team got on today!

Good to hear he enjoyed his first game, did you get the match program as a keepsake?

Lol trust me if I seem him I'll be asking.

I did mate, one of the youth lads lives next door so will ask him to get it singed by the team.

Thecat23
06-10-2012, 06:38 PM
Is his mum Nancy? (dont think there will be that many Masons)

No mate Michelle!

Hibby70
06-10-2012, 07:35 PM
No mate Michelle!

Must be more common than I thought (not calling you common though :)