PDA

View Full Version : Colin Nish back at ER

Billychaotic182
05-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Can the boo boys please not boo big Nishy tomorrow. Some of you may not think he was good enough for Hibs but at the end of the day he is a hibee like all the rest of us and does not deserve to be boo'd when he comes back to Easter road. Would be good to see the lad get a good warm reception from us!

lucky
05-10-2012, 11:00 AM
Will not boo him but he plays for Dundee now he should not get a warm reception either

The Voice Of Reason
05-10-2012, 11:03 AM
Can the boo boys please not boo big Nishy tomorrow. Some of you may not think he was good enough for Hibs but at the end of the day he is a hibee like all the rest of us and does not deserve to be boo'd when he comes back to Easter road. Would be good to see the lad get a good warm reception from us!

I do not think Nish will be bood at all (In fact I would change the title of your thread to "Lets Applaud Nish") as I am sure he will be applauded to a degree.

Nish was hounded out of Hibs by the dud who was Calderwood......a clown of the highest order to be fair.

Billychaotic182
05-10-2012, 11:04 AM
Will not boo him but he plays for Dundee now he should not get a warm reception either

why not? I remember the fans giving glass one when he played for the pars and Russell when he played for Falkirk.

wearethehibs
05-10-2012, 11:06 AM
I like Colin Nish. Would certainly not boo him. If the games going well and he gets subed off Id applaud him.

down-the-slope
05-10-2012, 11:07 AM
why would people Boo him - that would just make him feel at home :rolleyes:

Stevie Reid
05-10-2012, 11:10 AM
Good shout. Not too fussed if people don't feel the need to applaud him, but certainly don't want him getting booed.

I know we're supposed to make ER as intimidating a place as possible for opposition players, but Nishy got a hard enough time when he was here and would rather he didn't get a hard time.

HibeeN
05-10-2012, 11:18 AM
Would hope he gets a good reception. Unless of course he decides to score and proceeds to do a lap around the stadium while screaming GIRUY :greengrin

Gatecrasher
05-10-2012, 11:20 AM
I wouldnt like him to get booed, he is a hibs fan at the end of the day

hibsbollah
05-10-2012, 11:23 AM
Nish was one of my least favourite Hibs players, but id never boo him. I doubt theyll be more than a handful doing so out of 10,000.

Pretty Boy
05-10-2012, 11:37 AM
No way should he be booed, he wasn't great for Hibs but he gave his best and never went out his way to talk us down after leaving.

If he got a decent ovation I wouldn't object to joining in, as long as we were 3-0 up at the time.

JimBHibees
05-10-2012, 11:47 AM
Will he get booed after he scores his inevitable goal. :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
05-10-2012, 11:49 AM
lets not boo nishaldo, he's one of us at the end of the day, it would be pretty classless to boo him :agree: besides, it would make him even more determined to stick one in the pokey :(

proud_and_green
05-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Personally i will be disgusted if he gets booed!

He was badly treated when he was with us, and i still think that the treatment handed out to him and others was unbecoming of the fans!!

scoopyboy
05-10-2012, 11:53 AM
No booing from me.

He scored a few important goals for us.

He didn't do as well for us as I'd hoped but many fall into that category.

007 Mickey Weir
05-10-2012, 12:12 PM
Absolutely no booing! He really was one of our own. Shame he just wasnt up to it.

Good luck to him at Dundee.

Kojock
05-10-2012, 12:26 PM
lets not boo nishaldo, he's one of us at the end of the day, it would be pretty classless to boo him :agree: besides, it would make him even more determined to stick one in the pokey :(

So lets see, when he played for Hibs he was booed at every turn, during the warm up, when the team was announced and all through the game, so now he plays for another team the same supporters should not boo him. :confused:

To me Nish is a confidence player who had the stuffing knocked out of him by a fair few Hibs supporters, the way he was treated was disgusting.

Remember this thread all about Nish

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?198735-Is-Colin-Nish-good-enough-to-play-for-Hibs&highlight=nish

Craig_in_Prague
05-10-2012, 12:39 PM
It was pathetic booing him when in a Hibs top and would be even more pathetic to boo him in another team.

DAVE1875
05-10-2012, 12:52 PM
Don't think we normally boo ex-Hibs players unless they go to Yams, Glasgow Hibs or Sevco

Wilson
05-10-2012, 12:54 PM
We shouldn't be worrying about how to treat opposition players.

It speaks volumes to me that instead of a rallying call to get behind our own team we have a thread telling us not to boo one of the visitors.

Some people need to question their priorities.

happiehibbie
05-10-2012, 12:54 PM
Why should we be bothered if he gets booed or not if it puts him off his game and Hibs win the lets boo really hard FFS he does not play for us anymore.

thats like saying dont tackle him he is an exhibbie and a supporter

I think the point that if he gets subbed and we are winning give him a clap is perfect

GGTTH

marinello59
05-10-2012, 01:15 PM
Surely only the brain dead cretins in our support would feel that Nish has done anything that warrants him being booed? Unless this Hibs Class thing really is a total myth.

Hibby Gav
05-10-2012, 01:33 PM
He's just an ex Hibby, who was a fan and is trying to make a living in another team...nothing to Boo or cheer there...
BTW he did get the penalty for Dundee at the PBS...just sayin....:thumbsup:

Bostonhibby
05-10-2012, 01:46 PM
I do not think Nish will be bood at all (In fact I would change the title of your thread to "Lets Applaud Nish") as I am sure he will be applauded to a degree.

Nish was hounded out of Hibs by the dud who was Calderwood......a clown of the highest order to be fair.

:agree: I don't think Nish owes us much to be honest, decent scoring record for a guy who cost us very little, better value than many from that era. Wasn't comfortable with the stick he got and don't think it helped his performance much especially towards the end, he took it all with some dignity, probably as he obviously cares about the club.

muzzhfc
05-10-2012, 02:02 PM
anyone else see the irony if he is cheered as a dee? bood as a hibee, cheered as a dee. thankfully i like irony. i think he should get a warm reception from us as he did pop in with some important goals and he is a hibee who was treated shockingly

Skanko79
05-10-2012, 02:03 PM
booing the lad will make him more determined to score so no, i wont be booing him.

500miles
05-10-2012, 02:03 PM
Decent player, nothing more, nothing less. Suffered for the fact we've been spoiled with a quality of striker that many SPL club come across once in a blue moon.

jacomo
05-10-2012, 02:11 PM

Hounded out?

Nish's contract finished, poor fella probably relieved to leave after the torrent of personal abuse he got from his own every time he appeared for the club.

StevieC
05-10-2012, 02:14 PM
He's a Hibs fan, booing him never even entered my head ..

.. until I saw this thread ..

.. no booing from me. :wink:

cabbageandribs1875
05-10-2012, 03:04 PM
[QUOTE=Hot Shot Hamish;3374560]So lets see, when he played for Hibs he was booed at every turn, during the warm up, when the team was announced and all through the game, so now he plays for another team the same supporters should not boo him. :confused:

To me Nish is a confidence player who had the stuffing knocked out of him by a fair few Hibs supporters, the way he was treated was disgusting.

/QUOTE]

he was booed by a minority(albeit a vociferous minority) :wink: it says more about the booers than it does the non-booers :)

say booooo to the booers

PISTOL1875
05-10-2012, 04:27 PM
Big Nish won't be the only Hibee on show for Dundee tomorrow.

Dashing Bob S
05-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Why would anybody want to boo Colin Nish?

whiskyhibby
05-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Well said the guy doesn't deserve booing of any type ( unless hopefully it's from the Dee fans :-)) )

Sir David Gray
05-10-2012, 05:43 PM
Why any Hibs fan would want to boo Colin Nish is anyone's guess.

It would be ridiculous if he got booed tomorrow unless, as someone has already said, he does something during the game that warrants it.

Hibercelona
05-10-2012, 05:49 PM
Whats the point of this thread? :confused:

Who claimed that they were going to boo him?

I won't be booing him or applauding him. He's a Dundee player, end of.

LeighLoyal
05-10-2012, 05:50 PM
Just glad he's not here any more, he was mince!

Franck Stanton
05-10-2012, 06:01 PM
He doesn't play for Hibs anymore - so I wont be applauding him

He is an ex-player - So What ? there are loads of them out there, don't boo/cheer any of them on their return to E/R [ was different however when it was wee Russell Latapy who, in my eyes anyway, was/is a Hibs Legend]

He is a self-confessed Hibs supporter - aren't we all ? he just had the privilige of playing for the team he supported unlike most if not all of us.

Bottom line -- wont be singling him out for any abuse/booing but wont cheer him either [wasn't that good a player for us to merit it].
Good luck to him in the rest of his career , hope he does well, [excepy when he plays against us that is]

essexhibee
05-10-2012, 06:24 PM
Unfortunately for Nish his body stature meant he was played as a target man when imo he clearly wasn't....the guy could play with the ball at his feet.

I hope he doesn't get booed. Lets remember that unlike the other mercenaries that came through here last season he gave it his all when he was here.

Just don't score :greengrin

greenlex
05-10-2012, 07:18 PM
Might give him a good reception but he's getting it tight during the game likes.

Malthibby
05-10-2012, 07:20 PM

:greengrin

ALF TUPPER
05-10-2012, 08:43 PM
Nah ...... No booing from me. I'll welcome the boy home.

Hope his team get stuffed by the Hibees though. :agree:

monktonharp
05-10-2012, 09:11 PM
He doesn't play for Hibs anymore - so I wont be applauding him

He is an ex-player - So What ? there are loads of them out there, don't boo/cheer any of them on their return to E/R [ was different however when it was wee Russell Latapy who, in my eyes anyway, was/is a Hibs Legend]

He is a self-confessed Hibs supporter - aren't we all ? he just had the privilige of playing for the team he supported unlike most if not all of us.

Bottom line -- wont be singling him out for any abuse/booing but wont cheer him either [wasn't that good a player for us to merit it].
Good luck to him in the rest of his career , hope he does well, [excepy when he plays against us that is]Latapy, was on the brink of Legedary status imho.nearly got there, but somehow screwed up his chance/and ours to win the scottish cup when he got punted.again mho.wonder how you felt about wee Russell when first you saw him , in the blue?

hibeemarley
05-10-2012, 09:25 PM
Wasn't going to boo him. I am now though

hfc rd
05-10-2012, 09:50 PM
I thought the treatment he received while he was playing for us was shocking. Fair enough he wasn't exactly a Messi or Ronaldo but no player should go through that especially in front of your own fans at home.

I won't boo him or nor will I cheer him. Might give him a wee applaud if or when he is getting substituted. The reason being, he is a hibby just like all of us on here. When he was getting slated like mad on the pitch he never really said something bad back to the idiots in the stand or when calderclown punted him, he didn't leave with a parting shot to us fans. He just tried his best to keep his head down.

hfc rd
05-10-2012, 09:54 PM

The only other ex hibs player I know that is playing for Dundee is Kevin McBride. I think he is injured though, so looks like Nish might be the only one.

Mon1875
05-10-2012, 10:36 PM
It was pathetic booing him when in a Hibs top and would be even more pathetic to boo him in another team.

Totally agree. Nishy is a massive Hibs fan ... but hope he doesn't score many goals :wink:

iwasthere1972
05-10-2012, 10:56 PM
No booing from me either unless of course he scores.

Billychaotic182
06-10-2012, 12:29 AM
Few people asking why u started this thread. It's simple when Nish played for us, mostly in is final two seasons fans booed everything he did. Even when he scored. I remember being at the Aberdeen game and he scored but really hurt his leg doing so and fans around me were mocking him. Fact is the treatment he got as a Hibs player was discussting. Even his dad was giving him pelters. I feel that if he was booed it would be Sod's law that he would then go on to score te winner against us.

Bostonhibby
06-10-2012, 08:34 AM
Why would anybody want to boo Colin Nish?

:agree: I mean, its not as if he even plays for us now. :rolleyes:

Gala Foxes
06-10-2012, 08:42 AM
the guy gave his all at Easter Road and is a Hi-bee - why would anyone boo him ?

bingo70
06-10-2012, 08:48 AM
the guy gave his all at Easter Road and is a Hi-bee - why would anyone boo him ?

In the hope it puts him off his game? Doesn't work with all players but certainly effects some if they're getting grief from the stands

theonlywayisup
06-10-2012, 08:52 AM

Who else is a Hibee?

Their team from last week is below and I don't recognise any of their team as Hibees or even ex-Hibs players, apart from McBride.

Dundee

01 Douglas
02 Irvine
03 Lockwood
11 Conroy
25 Toshney (Benedictus - 60' Booked )
06 Davidson
20 McAlister Booked
23 Boyle
28 Kerr
10 Baird (Riley - 52' )
24 Nish Booked
Substitutes

36 Baird
17 Benedictus
18 Gallagher
26 Easton
07 Riley
08 McBride
15 Milne

bingo70
06-10-2012, 09:04 AM
Who else is a Hibee?

Their team from last week is below and I don't recognise any of their team as Hibees or even ex-Hibs players, apart from McBride.

Dundee

01 Douglas
02 Irvine
03 Lockwood
11 Conroy
06 Davidson
20 McAlister Booked
23 Boyle
28 Kerr
10 Baird (Riley - 52' )
24 Nish Booked
Substitutes

36 Baird
17 Benedictus
18 Gallagher
26 Easton
07 Riley
08 McBride
15 Milne

is jamie mccluskey not at Dundee any more?

Jim44
06-10-2012, 09:56 AM
In the hope it puts him off his game? Doesn't work with all players but certainly effects some if they're getting grief from the stands

In fact it often strengthens the booed player's resolve to silence the booers. Superstitious, maybe, but I think booing often attracts bad karma.

jon paul jones
06-10-2012, 10:29 AM

Lost my morning cup of tea laughing at that one

Nishy will get my sporting applause. Hibs will be my priority and get my enthusiastic S43 backing. My personal opinion is if he did turn on a sixpence and crack one in, id give him a muted clap for a moment of genius. Then concentrate on ensuring that the 3 points stay at ER and our unbeaten home record is intact. If there is an ironic "One Colin nish" chant going on, I'll join in. Life is too short for this to be an issue.

lets give the boys 90 minutes of support.

Diclonius
06-10-2012, 04:20 PM
Nish was applauded by the entire stadium when he was substituted today.

Lucius Apuleius
06-10-2012, 04:24 PM

:clapper::clapper::clapper:

18Craig75
06-10-2012, 04:42 PM
Who else is a Hibee?

Dundee

01 Douglas
02 Irvine
03 Lockwood
11 Conroy
06 Davidson
20 McAlister Booked
23 Boyle
28 Kerr
10 Baird (Riley - 52' )
24 Nish Booked
Substitutes

36 Baird
17 Benedictus
18 Gallagher
26 Easton
07 Riley
08 McBride
15 Milne

Nicky Riley

S.sct
06-10-2012, 04:42 PM
Good ovation from all fans for both Nish & Griffiths

JIm
06-10-2012, 04:45 PM
Good ovation, the bag man had a howler though. Dundee are going down without a doubt.

Frank Moon
06-10-2012, 04:46 PM
:clapper::clapper::clapper:
I was disappointed he didn't acknowledge the reception he got. Griffiths did to the Dundee fans

Lucius Apuleius
06-10-2012, 04:50 PM
I was disappointed he didn't acknowledge the reception he got. Griffiths did to the Dundee fans

:greengrin Lets be honest though, does one round of applause wipe out a couple of years of abuse?

--------
06-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Good ovation, the bag man had a howler though. Dundee are going down without a doubt.

Bag man?

What'd he do, forget to put the gear on the bus at the end of the game? :wink:

hfc rd
06-10-2012, 05:03 PM
Did he wave back to sect 43 when they were chanting "Nishy give us a wave". I couldn't see if he did because of the sun coming in.

hibee_girl
06-10-2012, 05:09 PM
Did he wave back to sect 43 when they were chanting "Nishy give us a wave". I couldn't see if he did because of the sun coming in.

It looked like he gave a wee half hearted raise of the hand, not so sure I'd class it as a wave :greengrin

hfc rd
06-10-2012, 05:12 PM
Got to say. You had to laugh at the number of times the big man was caught offside by a country mile. Aah the same old big Nishy.

StevieC
06-10-2012, 05:14 PM

:agree:

As was Griffiths. :wink:

steakbake
06-10-2012, 05:51 PM
It looked like he gave a wee half hearted raise of the hand, not so sure I'd class it as a wave :greengrin

Yeah, it was half hearted but I doubt with his team being done 3-0, it would look too good to his new team mates if he gave it the big "I Am".

The ovation when he came off - and for Griffiths - was a touch of class from both sets of fans. Good show.

Franck Stanton
06-10-2012, 07:11 PM
To take a leaf out of Griffiths book. When Griffith was subbed he was clapped from the field by Hibs and Dundee supporters. Griffiths acknowledged both sets of fans as he went off. Nish on the other hand, well, alough was applauded by both sets of fans, left the field with his head down and completly ignored the fans. Come on Nishy, just not class at all mate, doesn't take much to look at the stands and give a wee wave/clap.

cabbageandribs1875
06-10-2012, 07:13 PM
sparky 1 Nishaldo 0

wearethehibs
06-10-2012, 07:15 PM
Only on .net could we have a thread slating Nish even when he's gone.

His team was getting humped and the abuse he used to take at ER, Im not surprised he walked off with his head down.

Iggy Pope
06-10-2012, 07:17 PM
To take a leaf out of Griffiths book. When Griffith was subbed he was clapped from the field by Hibs and Dundee supporters. Griffiths acknowledged both sets of fans as he went off. Nish on the other hand, well, alough was applauded by both sets of fans, left the field with his head down and completly ignored the fans. Come on Nishy, just not class at all mate, doesn't take much to look at the stands and give a wee wave/clap.

Maybe this was a wee bit more than the big man got from most of the same 'fans' when he played for us? Some of the stick he got (including on here) was beyond belief.

Franck Stanton
06-10-2012, 07:27 PM
Only on .net could we have a thread slating Nish even when he's gone.

His team was getting humped and the abuse he used to take at ER, Im not surprised he walked off with his head down.

Hardly a slagging mate, just an observation. Oh and by the way, whilst he was with Hibs I did not slag him- as long as a player wears the green I give him 100% support [ doesn't mean I thought he wsas a good player, just didn't slag him], IMO the Hibs support were giving him some acknowledgement for being a Hibs supporter, now correct me if I am wrong but shortly after being subbed, I am sure Sect 43 started a few chants " Nish is a Hibby " and Nishy, Nishy, gie's a wave" come to mind . Hardly a support slagging him now was it .

DC_Hibs
06-10-2012, 07:35 PM
Oh and by the way, whilst he was with Hibs I did not slag him

Fek me, thats even more shocking that he didnt acknowledge you inividually and blank the large percentage who gave him pelters.
Thanks for making us aware of this as it's hugely relevant to the thread.

Griffiths - 1 goal and 3 points.
Nishy - brussel sprout.
Were you wanting cartwheels from the big man as well?

Hibbyradge
06-10-2012, 07:42 PM

His team was losing.

Nando™
06-10-2012, 07:45 PM
He probably thought we were being ironic.

Iggy Pope
06-10-2012, 07:52 PM
Yeah, it was half hearted but I doubt with his team being done 3-0, it would look too good to his new team mates if he gave it the big "I Am Offside".

The ovation when he came off - and for Griffiths - was a touch of class from both sets of fans. Good show.

Fixed that for you!

EdinMike
06-10-2012, 08:08 PM
I applauded when he walked off, and again for a sec when the announcer called his name. Granted I wasn't his biggest fan, but they guy is a fan and I think the reception him and Leigh got was great from all supporters.

Spent the drive home discussing Albert Kidd with my dad so all in all a good day :agree:

ChooseLife
06-10-2012, 08:24 PM
the applaud for Nish was ironic around me, "Colin Nish football genius" was being chanted as he walked off :greengrin