PDA

View Full Version : NHC Levein shortsighted again.

Hibs7
03-10-2012, 09:03 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19809613

Looks like HP is trying to alienate all the good players.... never a manager in a 100 years.

Hibercelona
03-10-2012, 10:42 AM
"He's been really unlucky because he's playing exceptionally well,"

So thats Leveins explanation for not picking Commons?

The fact he's playing "exceptionally" well is irrelevant due to bad luck? :confused:

Pretty Boy
03-10-2012, 10:49 AM
Leveins clearly had a boot up the erse on the quiet after the last 2 debacles.

Fletcher in the squad, clean shaven and suited without the tinted glasses at yesterdays press.conference. pretty much everything he was criticised for after the last 2 games changed. (Feel sorry for him about the glasses mind you, as a fellow migraine sufferer tinted glasses actually do help).

clerriehibs
03-10-2012, 11:17 AM
I've had no time for levein, and thought fletch's recall was simply a ploy to hold him up as nothing special after the next debacle. But i think levein's comments accepting some responsibility for the fletch shambles might just be the making of him as scotland manager.

soupy
03-10-2012, 11:51 AM
I've had no time for levein, and thought fletch's recall was simply a ploy to hold him up as nothing special after the next debacle. But i think levein's comments accepting some responsibility for the fletch shambles might just be the making of him as scotland manager.

The making of him as Scotland manager,,, hmmm ill give him three games left as Scotland manager, well here's hoping anyway.

poolman
03-10-2012, 12:20 PM

That's way O.T.T. IMO

Ozyhibby
03-10-2012, 12:38 PM
Commons hasn't played for Scotland since he called to say he was to fatigued at the end of the season to play for his country. Bit of a risk picking him for the double header in case he gets fatigued again.

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-10-2012, 01:37 PM
There is too big a gulf between Levein and the supporters and his egocentric actions have not helped. We played some stuffy football under Smith and McCoist but they were better thought of than CL despite their ties to RFC which is saying something.

Frogga
03-10-2012, 01:44 PM
This thread stinks of just being an excuse to Levein-bash to me. I'm not keen on the man either but do any of us actually really care if Commons is in the squad? I mean we have so many similar players who can play in his position anyway (Maloney, Mackie, Naismith, Forrest, Snodgrass, Phillips)... Tbh I totally forgot he wasn't even there. Similarly good players such as Dorrans aren't there either so he's not the only one.

Hibs7
03-10-2012, 02:14 PM
I
This thread stinks of just being an excuse to Levein-bash to me. I'm not keen on the man either but do any of us actually really care if Commons is in the squad? I mean we have so many similar players who can play in his position anyway (Maloney, Mackie, Naismith, Forrest, Snodgrass, Phillips)... Tbh I totally forgot he wasn't even there. Similarly good players such as Dorrans aren't there either so he's not the only one.

Nothing stinking about this thread, he should be playing the players on form, not just because he has played them before as seems to be the case with this clown. It doesn't matter if we have a load of cover for that position it should be filled by the best player at the time, that is not what Levein is doing ... just his mates again.

JimBHibees
03-10-2012, 02:37 PM
Personally dont get the clamour about Commons. Ability yes, however to me seems very overweight and not the fittest and what has he done this season to demand to be in the squad..

ancient hibee
03-10-2012, 02:51 PM
anyone would think Commons is Jimmy Johnstone/Jim Baxter rolled into one instead of a bog standard semi fit midfield player.

Gettin' Auld
03-10-2012, 03:35 PM
There is too big a gulf between Levein and the supporters and his egocentric actions have not helped. We played some stuffy football under Smith and McCoist but they were better thought of than CL despite their ties to RFC which is saying something.
McLeish too......... :wink: