PDA

View Full Version : Academy starlets graduate

JimBHibees
02-10-2012, 12:59 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20121001/academy-starlets-graduate_2262950_2935642

Thought this was an excellent story and initiative from Hibs shows the club are investing in the players in a more general way and that even if the young players don't become professional players overtime they will have other things to fall back on. Excellent stuff Hibs. :thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
02-10-2012, 01:18 PM
Good story and nice to see Hibs keeping the fans up to date with this kind of thing.

Good initiative to make a commitment to further education and some positive PR at the same time.

JimBHibees
02-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Good story and nice to see Hibs keeping the fans up to date with this kind of thing.

Good initiative to make a commitment to further education and some positive PR at the same time.

Completely agree. :agree:

Hibby Gav
02-10-2012, 03:40 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20121001/academy-starlets-graduate_2262950_2935642

Thought this was an excellent story and initiative from Hibs shows the club are investing in the players in a more general way and that even if the young players don't become professional players overtime they will have other things to fall back on. Excellent stuff Hibs. :thumbsup:

Is this another first for the Hibs ?

edinburghhibee
02-10-2012, 03:45 PM

Unfortunately not I got this at Stenhousemuir a good 7-8 years ago. They put me through a course at Falkirk College in the afternoon and trained in the morning.

Hibby Gav
02-10-2012, 03:47 PM
Unfortunately not I got this at Stenhousemuir a good 7-8 years ago. They put me through a course at Falkirk College in the afternoon and trained in the morning.

Cheers mate...and well done Stenny :thumbsup:

brog
02-10-2012, 04:16 PM

In the article, Bill Hendry says it's unique. I think the main difference from Stenny & other excellent schemes is that you don't get accepted for the Hibs Academy without the commitment to take the 3 year HND course.

Billy Whizz
02-10-2012, 04:49 PM
Anyone know what has happened to the players that were released?

jdships
02-10-2012, 06:11 PM
I would like to add to this welcome initiative that I know a few lads over the past years who joined up at ER with minimal qualifications from school.
While it wasn't an official programme many of these lads were advised and encouraged by the staff , especially Gareth Evans, to take evening classes to gain 'O' levels and highers which many of them did .

:flag:

ruthven_raiders
02-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Would be good in the next yrs if we linked up with Tranent academy, think Watford have a tie in with a local school and maybe wold could offer scholarships, tuition in the morning and football training in the afternoon

Jonnyboy
02-10-2012, 10:40 PM

Club did something along these lines when Alex Miller was the boss. Qualifications were more of a business studies type though

Twiglet
02-10-2012, 11:17 PM
Anyone know what has happened to the players that were released?

I can't remember, but I think there are 2 at Berwick Rangers and one is working in banking. Can't remember what the others are doing, something to do with football/sports I think. There was an article in Fridays evening news about it on the back page.

offshorehibby
03-10-2012, 12:53 AM
I know my old school Broughton High have started a scheme with the SFA along the lines of an academy. Where the kids curriculum is based around football and sports science.

I would like to think this could be the next stage for the Hibs youth set up. Linked to a school, Hibs youngsters would have a football education from S1 onward.
http://panther.directrouter.co.uk/~brough/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8&Itemid=8

jdships
03-10-2012, 09:24 AM
Club did something along these lines when Alex Miller was the boss. Qualifications were more of a business studies type though

Your quite correct .
Alex Miller felt that too many young players found it difficult to adjust to the fact they were earning big wages at an earlier age than they would in a job outside football.
He came up with the idea that they should have , I believe from memory, two short sessions a week advising them how to manage money
Again from memory I think they were held at ER rather than attending classes .

:flag: