PerthHibby
02-10-2012, 08:35 AM
Has anyone recently been to Lykia Links, heard the greens were in a bad way
looking for any info. Thanks

Hibbyradge
02-10-2012, 09:55 AM

We were due to play there in May, but they had lost some of the greens.

However, I spoke to a guy on Sunday who was just back and he said the course was superb again.

TQM played there last week too and loved it so I'd go with confidence.

Pasha, Sultan and Carya are fantastic too. Montgomerie and Faldo are incredible tests of golf.

PerthHibby
02-10-2012, 11:43 AM
We were due to play there in May, but they had lost some of the greens.

However, I spoke to a guy on Sunday who was just back and he said the course was superb again.

TQM played there last week too and loved it so I'd go with confidence.

Pasha, Sultan and Carya are fantastic too. Montgomerie and Faldo are incredible tests of golf.

Thanks for that, heard so many mixed reports didn't know what to believe.
I'm going in the school holidays with the family staying at lykia so was just going to golf there as well.

Played it last year along with a few of the courses you mentioned, the standard is fantastic.
Booked up for a boys trip in May again playing pasha and sultan only played the pasha, so can't wait :thumbsup:

Hibbyradge
02-10-2012, 03:32 PM
Thanks for that, heard so many mixed reports didn't know what to believe.
I'm going in the school holidays with the family staying at lykia so was just going to golf there as well.

Played it last year along with a few of the courses you mentioned, the standard is fantastic.
Booked up for a boys trip in May again playing pasha and sultan only played the pasha, so can't wait :thumbsup:

When in May?

We're playing Pasha, Sultan, Faldo (twice) and Carya next May, staying at the Cornelia Diamond again.

PerthHibby
02-10-2012, 04:51 PM
When in May?

We're playing Pasha, Sultan, Faldo (twice) and Carya next May, staying at the Cornelia Diamond again.

We are going 12th-19th May staying at The Sirene Palace this time, we have been to the Cornelia Diamond twice
but fancied a change.
We have 2 at the Pasha and Sultan and 1 at the Carya this time.

Next week we are at Lykia Links, my son plays of 4 and never played abroad before so I may treat him to a round
at one of the other courses.

Hibbyradge
03-10-2012, 09:42 AM
We are going 12th-19th May staying at The Sirene Palace this time, we have been to the Cornelia Diamond twice
but fancied a change.
We have 2 at the Pasha and Sultan and 1 at the Carya this time.

Next week we are at Lykia Links, my son plays of 4 and never played abroad before so I may treat him to a round
at one of the other courses.

That's the same dates as us. Mayve I'll see you for a pint at Glasgow airport.

The Sirene is absolutely fine, as long as you can handle the draught beer and local spirits.

In fact, the rooms are probably better because they have a wee anti-room where you can leave your clubs etc.

HibsMax
03-10-2012, 02:22 PM
I read that as Golfin' Turkey (http://www.123greetings.com/events/thanksgiving/turkey/spending_thanksgiving_on_the_golf_cour.html).

IWasThere2016
04-10-2012, 11:58 AM

Greens were fine .. but slow and not 'linksy'. I played there 8 days ago.

We played Pasha (quickest), Sultan and Carya (fast) and LL (slow). All four tracks were great - the Carya was just the best course IMHO.

Biggest issue was a lack of buggies and some had to walk in 35C

PerthHibby
04-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Greens were fine .. but slow and not 'linksy'. I played there 8 days ago.

We played Pasha (quickest), Sultan and Carya (fast) and LL (slow). All four tracks were great - the Carya was just the best course IMHO.

Biggest issue was a lack of buggies and some had to walk in 35C

Thanks for that TQM, might try and play the Carya with my son next week, heard nothing but good reports about it.

Lykia is a great course, not a links at all IMO, glad to hear the greens are ok.

Got a good golfing week ahead Sat-comp, Sun-match, Wed-medal, Sat- Lykia links:thumbsup:

Hope you had a great holiday, cant wait for mine..

IWasThere2016
04-10-2012, 07:35 PM
Thanks for that TQM, might try and play the Carya with my son next week, heard nothing but good reports about it.

Lykia is a great course, not a links at all IMO, glad to hear the greens are ok.

Got a good golfing week ahead Sat-comp, Sun-match, Wed-medal, Sat- Lykia links:thumbsup:

Hope you had a great holiday, cant wait for mine..

Enjoy mate :thumbsup: