PDA

View Full Version : Steven fletcher

Johnny Clash
01-10-2012, 05:01 PM
Just had a message from my mates who are ST holders at Sunderland thanking Hibs for developing their new hero.

They're impressed with his talent on the pitch plus the respect he shows their club and supporters

None of them can understand why Harry Potter can't admit he's wrong and start playing Fletcher.
Bottom line is Scotland needs Fletcher more than they need Craig Levein!

Hibercelona
01-10-2012, 05:07 PM
5 goals for Sunderland this season, guess who's scored all 5? :thumbsup:

Still not good enough for Scotland though....... (according to a certain specky jambo halfwit) :nerd:

hibs0666
01-10-2012, 05:15 PM
Premiership top scorers and caps earned...

Player
Club
Goals
Caps

Ba
Newcastle

Fletcher
Sunderland

Suarez
Liverpool

Van Persie
Man Utd

Bostonhibby
01-10-2012, 05:46 PM
Not Levein class - wonder which of the two will be signing on by Xmas.

Wotherspiniesta
01-10-2012, 06:27 PM
Levein's just a bitter jambo fud and Scotland will be much better off when he gets sacked.

Hopefully that will be before he's ****ed up our World Cup qualifying campaign. (If he hasn't already done so)

Paisley Hibby
01-10-2012, 06:33 PM
Levein's just a bitter jambo fud and Scotland will be much better off when he gets sacked.

Hopefully that will be before he's ****ed up our World Cup qualifying campaign. (If he hasn't already done so)

If I was Fletcher I would not be in a hurry to play for Scotland. The more we play and can't score the more ridiculous Levein is going to look for not selecting him. It's only a matter of time...:greengrin

Pretty Boy
01-10-2012, 06:36 PM
Levein will be gone as soon as we get pumped from Belgium and scrape an unconvincing draw with a terrible Welsh team.

Then we'll be told we're building for 2016 blah blah blah.

SteveHFC
01-10-2012, 06:40 PM
Scotland squad get's announced tomorrow at 11am. Will Steven Fletcher be in the squad? :cb

Broken Gnome
01-10-2012, 06:44 PM
Loved his goal on Saturday...

... exactly the sort of left foot effort he'd have made an @rse of while at Hibs, and he would've taken absolute pelters for it :greengrin

hfc rd
01-10-2012, 06:44 PM
Scotland squad get's announced tomorrow at 11am. Will Steven Fletcher be in the squad? :cb

I doubt it Steve. Potter will select his bum boy Kenny Miller. The sooner this man is kicked out, the better.

Pretty Boy
01-10-2012, 06:48 PM

Short answer. No.

clerriehibs
01-10-2012, 07:12 PM

No ... but the few journos brave enough to ask levein the "difficult" question should make things entertaining!

Sweet Left Peg
01-10-2012, 08:25 PM
Levein's stubbornness will be his downfall. That and not being very good. I am usually quite positive, but I cannot see how Scotland will finish in either of the top two places. He will trot out his usual defiant pish about him being the guy charged with taking Scotland to the WC and that's what he intends to do and he's not feeling the pressure and we can still qualify if we win our next four games and Steven Fletcher's got my number and I am the manager so I choose the tactics... Blah blah blah

Kato
01-10-2012, 08:33 PM
Levein is out of his depth as a manager at international level.

Fletcher will be racking up the caps soon enough.

Northernhibee
01-10-2012, 09:00 PM
Short answer. No.

Long answer: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooo.

Sir David Gray
01-10-2012, 09:45 PM

I think Levein has made it quite clear that he has absolutely no intention of ever picking Steven Fletcher to play for Scotland again.

There's no danger he'll be in the squad.

It won't matter anyway as the campaign's finished already thanks to the two pitiful results against Serbia and Macedonia.

robinp
01-10-2012, 09:55 PM
I think Levein has made it quite clear that he has absolutely no intention of ever picking Steven Fletcher to play for Scotland again.

There's no danger he'll be in the squad.

It won't matter anyway as the campaign's finished already thanks to the two pitiful results against Serbia and Macedonia.

But Craigy boy said we could still qualify even if we lost the first 2 games?

erin go bragh
01-10-2012, 10:02 PM
Martin O'neil in the paper today saying Fletch a snip at 14m ,worth an easy 35m with add ons .
Time the sfa grew a pair and had a word with HP [pick fletch or **** off ]

ggtth

Sir David Gray
01-10-2012, 10:06 PM
But Craigy boy said we could still qualify even if we lost the first 2 games?

Craig Levein also said that his squad was good enough to win all TEN group games.

72 hours later, we had dropped four points in our opening two matches and that's before we've even played the two top teams - Croatia and Belgium or any away games!

I wouldn't pay any attention to anything that Levein says, the man's an idiot.

lord bunberry
01-10-2012, 10:45 PM
I love it everytime fletch scores i get a picture in my mind of potter sitting with his head in his hands saying not again. As has been said earlier in this thread Scotland needs fletch more than we need levein

Hibby Gav
01-10-2012, 10:49 PM
I love it everytime fletch scores i get a picture in my mind of potter sitting with his head in his hands saying not again. As has been said earlier in this thread Scotland needs fletch more than we need levein
:top marks

1875godsgift
02-10-2012, 01:37 AM
Levein is out of his depth as a manager at international level.

Fletcher will be racking up the caps soon enough.

Levein is out of his depth in the shallow end.

Greentinted
02-10-2012, 03:01 AM
SFA backing their excuse of a 'manager'.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/sfa-will-not-interfere-in-craig-levein-and-steven-fletcher-feud-1-2558318

Septimus
02-10-2012, 05:18 AM
Bairns did you say? No dramatic gesture is required on either side. Just pick Fletcher for the squad and let byegones be byegones.

Lucius Apuleius
02-10-2012, 05:27 AM
I doubt it Steve. Potter will select his bum boy Kenny Miller. The sooner this man is kicked out, the better.

Don't see any need to abuse Miller mate. Guy tries his best when he is picked, never been in doubt. Whether he is past it or not is another discussion but Miller has been a great servant for Scotland.

Stevie Reid
02-10-2012, 10:04 AM
Grant Stott just said on Forth One that Fletch is in the squad.

s.a.m
02-10-2012, 10:05 AM
a few people saying the same on Twitter....

Dr Jimmy
02-10-2012, 10:05 AM
Grant Stott just said on Forth One that Fletch is in the squad.

SSN just confirmed that as well.

Sylar
02-10-2012, 10:07 AM
Confirmed on SSN!

leither17
02-10-2012, 10:07 AM
Why they couldn't have sorted this out on the summer I don't know

Treadstone
02-10-2012, 10:14 AM
Bet Levein only asked as to cover himself from questions in the press conference . Fletcher has called his bluff and make Levein look like the plum he is . Levein will compound it now and leave him on the bench .

lucky
02-10-2012, 10:15 AM
Nightmare need to find another excuse to hate Levein.

Nearly forgot he's a clueless yam tramp

--------
02-10-2012, 10:16 AM
WHICH Fletcher?

"Scotland: Craig Levein thrilled to call on Darren Fletcher again..."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19795138

AHH! Both.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12017/8132801/Steven-Fletcher-and-Darren-Fletcher-have-been-named-in-the-Scotland-squad-for-this-month-s-World-Cup-qualifiers-against-Wales-and-Belgium

Diclonius
02-10-2012, 10:17 AM
Better late than never?

clerriehibs
02-10-2012, 10:19 AM
Cue fletcher the scapegoat.

Stevie Reid
Better late than never?

Too late for Levein. It now just means that his tenure will not be entirely defined by the Fletcher episode - just mostly.

PISTOL1875
Bet Levein only asked as to cover himself from questions in the press conference . Fletcher has called his bluff and make Levein look like the plum he is . Levein will compound it now and leave him on the bench .

Don't you think that maybe Martin O'Neill has had something to do with this ? He's been making noises since SF signed for Sunderland for this too be sorted out..

#FromTheCapital
02-10-2012, 10:20 AM
Guaranteed to be on the bench

bawheid
02-10-2012, 10:24 AM
This whole episode makes Levein look so, so weak.

He's caved into pressure from fans and the media. A pressure he created through his dreadful mis-management of the situation.

Treadstone
02-10-2012, 10:33 AM
Don't you think that maybe Martin O'Neill has had something to do with this ? He's been making noises since SF signed for Sunderland for this too be sorted out..
Possibly but more likely to do with Stevens form and goal return making Levein look like a bigger twonk than usual . I am sure he was hoping SF would go there and not score . If SF had started the season like Giroud at Arsenal then likely he would be nowhere near this squad.

silverhibee
02-10-2012, 11:28 AM

He's caved into pressure from fans and the media. A pressure he created through his dreadful mis-management of the situation.

:agree:

Levein's bottle has crashed and you say it makes him look weak, i would say it makes him look like a s***e bag, he has gave in to the media and pressure from the fans who would probably have hounded CL out of the job before the Wales game if he had not picked Fletcher for the next two games,.

http://freescotland.net/2012/05/13/scotland-manager-craig-levein-to-snub-steven-fletcher/

And so far CL has only put him in the squad, that doesn't mean he will play in any of the games for Scotland against Wales and Belgium.

Miller will start the game against Wales and if by any chance they are winning CL will bring Miller of and put on a holding midfielder instead of SF, if we were to lose against Wales then Fletcher would start the next game and be left up front on his own against the Belgium defence where it will be a losing battle for SF, and then CL will come out and say i gave him his chance but he didn't take it against Belgium tonight.

And that's how CL will leave Scotland, blaming SF for not doing enough against Belgium.

Infact the SFA have backed CL throughout this mess with Fletcher and now he goes and picks him after all the crap that they have said backing CL over his stance regarding Fletcher, the SFA should just sack Levein today. imo.

clerriehibs
02-10-2012, 11:34 AM
Maybe, and i kind of hope this is the case because it gives us hope for scotland, levein decided to act the managr at last, made the phone call and resolved things quietly and amicably?

Even if not, i hope to god this just gets put to bed now, even tho levein is a yam trumpet.

Jim44
02-10-2012, 12:21 PM
I'm glad he's seen sense. The only problem is that it's far too late and we have no chance of qualifying in my opinion.

SteveHFC
02-10-2012, 12:45 PM
Yesterday 07:44 PM hfc rd (http://www.hibs.net/member.php?19311-hfc-rd)

Yesterday 07:48 PMPretty Boy (http://www.hibs.net/member.php?4399-Pretty-Boy)

Short answer. No.

Yesterday 08:12 PM clerriehibs (http://www.hibs.net/member.php?8350-clerriehibs)

No ...

Yesterday 10:00 PM Northernhibee (http://www.hibs.net/member.php?22582-Northernhibee)

Long answer: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooo.

:fenlon :greengrin

clerriehibs
02-10-2012, 01:49 PM
:fenlon :greengrin

And your prediction was ... ?

Paisley Hibby
02-10-2012, 01:52 PM
Why they couldn't have sorted this out on the summer I don't know

I think that should say Levein rather than they? He's supposed to be the manager after all...

Thecat23
02-10-2012, 01:58 PM
I couldn't care if that piss soaked, smelly SFA loving, wife swapping designer tramp beard, arrogant **** got down and crawled to Fletcher's house. He's only doing it to save his skin and for that reason i'll never in my lifetime back him as Scotland manager.

Paisley Hibby
02-10-2012, 01:59 PM
I'm glad he's seen sense. The only problem is that it's far too late and we have no chance of qualifying in my opinion.

I'm not sure this results from him seeing sense. I suspect it has more to do with his bosses telling him to get it sorted, no excuses. As for it being too late, the real problem has never been his not playing Fletcher; it's that Levein is a useless manager. With him in charge Scotland would struggle to qualify even if Messi and Ronaldo were Scottish. He will get binned soon, just not soon enough.

Halifaxhibby
02-10-2012, 02:16 PM
i reckon the beaks at sfa have put pressure on the jakey looking tramp to sort this out, damage has already been done. If potter had been clever he'd have offered the olive branch before the start of this campaign then, if fletch told him to beat it he'd look better(not literally, he looks like he slept in a hedge the night before our last game).

Surely griffiths' early league form should earn him a call up?. HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leigh could score 30 goals by xmas and "his attitude would still be wrong"

Love Scotland but not that interested in the national team at the moment because of that hertz tramp in charge. Guy just contradicts himself every time he opens his mouth, couldn't wait to get his tongue right up ferguson and mcgregors doonchute when he got the job, even tho they embarrassed themselves and scotland.

GOOD LUCK FLETCH, ALWAYS A LEGEND DOWN THIS END OF TOWN MATE!!!.

GGTTH
FTHMFC
:greengrin

Hibby Gav
02-10-2012, 03:51 PM

Potter will probably play Fletch at right back then sub him after 20 mins stating that he is out of his depth and not up to football at this level...