PDA

View Full Version : Hibs-friendly B&B's?

LancashireHibby
01-10-2012, 11:40 AM
Due to the daft kick off time against the Arabs next month I'm going to have to stay over in Edinburgh on Saturday night rather than drive up at the crack of dawn on the Sunday, so just wondered if anyone knows of any B&B's who might do a Hibs-related discount?! Usually use the Travelodge on Shandwick Place but it's looking pretty pricey for that weekend, presumably because of the rugger on the Sunday.

StevieC
01-10-2012, 11:51 AM
Due to the daft kick off time against the Arabs next month I'm going to have to stay over in Edinburgh on Saturday night rather than drive up at the crack of dawn on the Sunday, so just wondered if anyone knows of any B&B's who might do a Hibs-related discount?! Usually use the Travelodge on Shandwick Place but it's looking pretty pricey for that weekend, presumably because of the rugger on the Sunday.

Surely you should be asking for discounts at "Hearts friendly" B&B's but paying a little bit extra if you hit the jackpot with a "Hibs friendly" one?

:wink:

Skanko79
01-10-2012, 12:03 PM

the appartments in lochend 2 mins from the ground were doing a deal last week. think it was 70 quid for the night. you have parking and its right next to the stadium.

StevieC
01-10-2012, 12:25 PM
the appartments in lochend 2 mins from the ground were doing a deal last week. think it was 70 quid for the night. you have parking and its right next to the stadium.

I have to say that I discovered these earlier in the year and if you can get a good deal on one it's well worth it.

I don't think there was guaranteed parking with it though. :dunno:

Why not get a cheap one in Dundee and have a night out there on the Saturday?

Skanko79
01-10-2012, 12:41 PM
I have to say that I discovered these earlier in the year and if you can get a good deal on one it's well worth it.

I don't think there was guaranteed parking with it though. :dunno:

Why not get a cheap one in Dundee and have a night out there on the Saturday?

is there not parking directly outside them? im sure there is private parking for them.

they are decent to get if there is a crowd of you.

Johnny0762
01-10-2012, 12:43 PM
There's half a dozen of us staying in a hostel om Inverness after the Ross County game. There's a 3.30am curfew which should be enough lol. There are no home comforts but its just a roof over our heads to sleep the drink off. £17 each. You will find similar in edinburgh if its your thing?

StevieC
01-10-2012, 01:17 PM
is there not parking directly outside them? im sure there is private parking for them.

I managed to get parked on the street outside, but I was lucky as it was pretty busy. There is private parking at the back for residents but not sure if you actually get a dedicated space with your booking.

soupy
01-10-2012, 02:27 PM
I managed to get parked on the street outside, but I was lucky as it was pretty busy. There is private parking at the back for residents but not sure if you actually get a dedicated space with your booking.

I park in there for every home game, I doubt you'll have a problem getting parked...

Frazerbob
01-10-2012, 03:53 PM

I own a flat there (Bethlehem Way, the old Sunblest bakery). It's "free for all" parking, no designated spaces but does get busy around kick off time. I've always managed to get parked on match days. I still use it when I'm down for games. There have been a few rammies between residents and Hibs fans over the last couple of years with some cars damaged and police involved.

Lochend Apartments are getting some shocking reviews on Tripadvisor. Seems the owner, a Mr Lennie, is a bit of a charlatan.

fat freddy
01-10-2012, 06:36 PM
that will be billy lennie, the self styled laird of dumbiedykes...he used to own 30 odd flats in the area....he has flats all over edinburgh but he has a dubious past having served time for various scams involving housing benefit fraud...he's been in the dodgy landlord bracket for over 30 years and i rented my first flat from him back in 1981...a lovable rogue is how i would describe him but others might use more industrial language if asked for their views on him..

Billy Whizz
01-10-2012, 06:41 PM
I'm surprised Rod hasn't turned any unused space in the South Stand into a travelodge!

Hibs3-2
01-10-2012, 11:38 PM
Cameron1875 owns one. Give him a PM

silverhibee
01-10-2012, 11:45 PM
that will be billy lennie, the self styled laird of dumbiedykes...he used to own 30 odd flats in the area....he has flats all over edinburgh but he has a dubious past having served time for various scams involving housing benefit fraud...he's been in the dodgy landlord bracket for over 30 years and i rented my first flat from him back in 1981...a lovable rogue is how i would describe him but others might use more industrial language if asked for their views on him..

A bleeping bleep bleep bleep. :agree:

Moulin Yarns
02-10-2012, 05:40 AM

A Cog in the machinery of commerce?? :wink:

LancsHibs
02-10-2012, 07:14 AM
Used Lochend Serviced Appartments last year, I found it clean, well appointed and plenty of parking (maybe a little basic), always deals on Laterooms so if there's a few of you can be a very cheap option. Very handy for the footy:aok:

Gary, what was the name of that B&B we stayed at for the final on Hemitage Pl opposite Leith Links? Don't stay there:eek:

LancsHibs
02-10-2012, 07:25 AM
I'm surprised Rod hasn't turned any unused space in the South Stand into a travelodge!

That's exactly what the Blackpool chairman has done, he's built 2 hotels, one the BFC hotel forms part of a new stand with views over the pitch and the other built on land which was the site of he clubs supporters/social club which has been leased to Travellodge. He's not stupid:cb

hibbybrian
02-10-2012, 09:04 PM
Gary, what was the name of that B&B we stayed at for the final on Hemitage Pl opposite Leith Links? Don't stay there:eek:

Gary's probably been trying to forget about it, but it was the Hermitage Guest House :wink: :greengrin

monktonharp
02-10-2012, 11:34 PM
used to be a mad Hibby that owned the Ellwyn Hotel down moira park/portobello road. not sure if he still has it though

oneone73
03-10-2012, 08:59 AM
Guy who owns the Ayntree B&B in Milton Road is a staunch Hibby - S/T holder in the West Upper.

LancsHibs
03-10-2012, 09:39 AM
Gary's probably been trying to forget about it, but it was the Hermitage Guest House :wink: :greengrin

That's it! Cheers Brian

RIP
03-10-2012, 11:29 AM

Surely there's a supporter wi a spare bed that can rustle up a brekkie of a morning? Save a fellow Hibby a lot of cost:greengrin