PDA

View Full Version : old scarfs

hibbiedon
01-10-2012, 07:28 AM
I work for a charity who were lucky enough to get tickets through "Kicks for Kids" they have really enjoyed going to see a real game. I must be honest a couple were fans of a wee diddy newco team from Glasgow but now have seen the sense in "supporting your own team" their words. I have gave them some of my old scarfs but there must be lots of these kids that do not have a scarf and lots of hibbies with old unwanted scarfs any one any ideas on how we could get these scarfs to the kids

Heedersnvolleys
01-10-2012, 09:21 AM
I have some how do I get it to you?

On another note on old scarfs I used to have an old dark green silk scarf but has gone missing, anybody know where I could get another one?

Maybe an idea for the club shop?

Jack
01-10-2012, 09:49 AM
Great idea.

Are you a member of a branch at the Hibs Club?

You could ask if they would be good enough to arrange a collection point in the club were members, and their guests, could leave old scarves for you to collect.

The actual club might also be interested in arranging a collection point by reception in the West Stand, or shop.

Or both!

Seveno
01-10-2012, 12:18 PM
I'd happily pay for the cost of a new scarf for a kid.

Vini1875
01-10-2012, 12:47 PM
Why would the club do it surely they sell new scarves. I'm sure given the choice most kids would rather have a new one.

Onceinawhile
01-10-2012, 12:56 PM
Why would the club do it surely they sell new scarves. I'm sure given the choice most kids would rather have a new one.

I think the point is, if they are attending the games thanks to a charity, they are unlikely to be in the position to afford a new one just now. Doing this will help cement their relationship with the club AMD hopefully pay off in 5-10 years time when they can afford to go/spend money.

hibbiedon
01-10-2012, 01:57 PM
I have some how do I get it to you?

On another note on old scarfs I used to have an old dark green silk scarf but has gone missing, anybody know where I could get another one?

Maybe an idea for the club shop?

That would be much appreciated, Im usually at the front of reception in the west stand from about 13.30hrs on match days i will pm my details thanks again

MB62
02-10-2012, 09:41 AM
I am about to start doing a wee clear out of some old stuff and know I have old scarfs and tops and probably socks too, that are free to a good home. Don't know exactly what I have at the moment but there will be a fair wee bit of various Hibs clothing.
Clothing sizes will mostly be large but if anybody is interested, send me a P.M. and I will get back in touch when I have things sorted.

Would the Dnipro lads be interested in this sort of stuff do you think, or would it all be too big?

hibsmad
02-10-2012, 09:58 AM
I have a scarf that I would be happy to get rid of/donate.

It's a very nice scarf that I wore to the 4-0 semi. I then decided to stick with it but after also wearing it to the final last year I have decided that it may bring me bad luck. To be honest I don't know how it hasn't found it's way to the bin yet.

On the subject of getting kids to give up "supporting" one of the uglies and start following the Hibees - I took a mate of mine to see a Hibs match when we were about 15. Up until that point my mate had always claimed to be a Rangers fan although had never actually seen them. I had confidence in his intelligence though and thought that if I could just show him the light then he would realise that supporting Hibs would be a far better option.

Low and behold he is now a season ticket holder and is as much of a Hibee as me!

hibbiedon
04-10-2012, 07:59 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions and offers, I will see if we can put any of the collection / distribution ideas in place, maybe when the kids grow up they will return the favour and help Hibs flourish
:flag:

LancashireHibby
04-10-2012, 09:25 PM
Same here. Might be something for the club to look at, especially if they've got any surplus stock to get rid of?

Saorsa
04-10-2012, 09:31 PM

Same here. Might be something for the club to look at, especially if they've got any surplus stock to get rid of?Be good if every kid that gets the use of the kick for kids tickets donated through this site got a nice new scarf, I'd chip in for a scarf or three. :agree:

I also have an older but unused scarf I could hand over if wanted.

Hibby Gav
05-10-2012, 02:32 PM
How about getting the collection buckets at ER for the games tomorrow?
Should be a better crowd...collect a few quid and negotiate a deal with the Hibs shop for scarves for the kids?
Everybody's happy

FranckSuzy
05-10-2012, 05:37 PM
Be good if every kid that gets the use of the kick for kids tickets donated through this site got a nice new scarf, I'd chip in for a scarf or three. :agree:

I also have an older but unused scarf I could hand over if wanted.

That's a great idea J. I'd certainly contribute too :agree:

FranckSuzy
05-10-2012, 05:37 PM
How about getting the collection buckets at ER for the games tomorrow?
Should be a better crowd...collect a few quid and negotiate a deal with the Hibs shop for scarves for the kids?
Everybody's happy

Good idea but there's already a collection tomorrow for Dnipro :wink:

hibbiedon
07-10-2012, 06:34 AM
Great idea.

Are you a member of a branch at the Hibs Club?

You could ask if they would be good enough to arrange a collection point in the club were members, and their guests, could leave old scarves for you to collect.

The actual club might also be interested in arranging a collection point by reception in the West Stand, or shop.

Or both!

Sue McLenon has kindly offered to receive any scarfs, they can be given to Sue or either of the family officers Shona or Donald on matchdays at the west stand