PDA

View Full Version : Down Under Dillema

CFC1892
01-10-2012, 03:22 AM
I work for a logistics company here in Melbourne, and we often top up staff numbers with labour hire when we get busy. This can be hit and miss for quality, but the blokes who are travelling - Poms, Scots, Irish - are usually good fellas looking for some beer money while they see the sites of Aus.

We've had this Scot Callum working a few days and he's a top worker. Turns out he's from near Edinburgh not far from where my Dad was born. Also turns out he follows Hearts. Do I:

a) Not worry about it and just be thankful we've ended up with a good labour hire guy? :rolleyes:
or
b) Call the driver and tell him to leave Callum by the side of the road :wink:

Viva_Palmeiras
01-10-2012, 03:57 AM
?!

CFC1892
01-10-2012, 04:14 AM
?!

Just mucking about after the Jambo Mates thread a while back

He's too good a worker to leave by the side of the road:greengrin

Ray_
01-10-2012, 07:51 AM
Just mucking about after the Jambo Mates thread a while back

He's too good a worker to leave by the side of the road:greengrin

Never let practicalities deter you from obvious decisions:aok: Any routes deep in the Outback? :wink:

Hibercelona
01-10-2012, 08:40 AM
Tell him the worlds flat and that theres no way of getting back to Edinburgh.

He'll believe you. That lot swallow anything they're told.

Big90inOz
01-10-2012, 08:55 AM
Report him to the authorities, no way would a Jambo get a bona fide visa, chances are he's an illegal immigrant from Lithuania.

I had a nice guy supplied by an agency who was a covert Hun, it didn't take long before he showed his true colours and it didn't take long for him to find the exit door.

Dump him, you know it makes sense :aok:

WellingtonHibby
01-10-2012, 09:27 AM
Sack him off, plenty of menial, burger flipping jobs in Melbourne.

CFC1892
01-10-2012, 09:33 AM
Funny thing is, today he turned up in trainers then swapped to steelcap boots - he left his trainers at the depot. At the end of the day he asked if he could be dropped off in town as that was where the last delivery was. So I'm looking at his shoes at the depot, and it reminded me of an old Billy Connolly skit I must have heard nearly thirty years ago about football, shoes and bovril :wink:

scuttle
01-10-2012, 09:35 AM
I work for a logistics company here in Melbourne, and we often top up staff numbers with labour hire when we get busy. This can be hit and miss for quality, but the blokes who are travelling - Poms, Scots, Irish - are usually good fellas looking for some beer money while they see the sites of Aus.

We've had this Scot Callum working a few days and he's a top worker. Turns out he's from near Edinburgh not far from where my Dad was born. Also turns out he follows Hearts. Do I:

a) Not worry about it and just be thankful we've ended up with a good labour hire guy? :rolleyes:
or
b) Call the driver and tell him to leave Callum by the side of the road :wink:

Has he mentioned that final yet and if he has send him walkabout

CFC1892
01-10-2012, 09:37 AM
Never let practicalities deter you from obvious decisions:aok: Any routes deep in the Outback? :wink:

he was in Ballarat today as part of the truck run, which is about 90 to 100kms away from Melbourne but unfortunately not the outback. I guess it would have taken him a while to walk back to depot for his trainers :wink:

CFC1892
01-10-2012, 09:39 AM
Has he mentioned that final yet and if he has send him walkabout

That would be the final in May?

Jack
01-10-2012, 09:43 AM
An Australian, a Hibs Fan, and a Hearts fan are working together in Melbourne. They decide to have a few drinks. The Australian opens a can of beer, drinks one mouthful, and tosses in the air and shoots a hole right through it. His astonished companions ask why he would waste beer like that.

"We have plenty of that stuff here in Oz!" explains the Australian.

Satisfied with the answer, the Jambo opens a can. After taking one drink, he also tosses in the air but misses obviously. The Ozzy and Hibby ask why he would attempt such a thing.
"We have plenty of this where I come from too!" replies the Jambo.

After thinking for a moment, the Hibby looks at the Jambo, borrows the Ozzies gun and shoots the jambo dead. The Ozzy yells "Why the hell did you do that?"

The Hibby replies "We have too many of them where I come from."

CFC1892
01-10-2012, 09:49 AM
An Australian, a Hibs Fan, and a Hearts fan are working together in Melbourne. They decide to have a few drinks. The Australian opens a can of beer, drinks one mouthful, and tosses in the air and shoots a hole right through it. His astonished companions ask why he would waste beer like that.

Satisfied with the answer, the Jambo opens a can. After taking one drink, he also tosses in the air but misses obviously. The Ozzy and Hibby ask why he would attempt such a thing.

After thinking for a moment, the Hibby looks at the Jambo, borrows the Ozzies gun and shoots the jambo dead. The Ozzy yells "Why the hell did you do that?"

Good joke old mate, it has an air of truth to it .... BUT if you think you'll ever find an Australian that will PURPOSELY waste beer, I believe you are sadly deluded :greengrin

scuttle
01-10-2012, 09:54 AM
That would be the final in May?

Aye that one....

CFC1892
01-10-2012, 10:06 AM
Aye that one....

When prompted, he did know of it, but he relented from gloating - probably because he was working for me :wink:

WellingtonHibby
01-10-2012, 10:13 AM
Funny thing is, today he turned up in trainers then swapped to steelcap boots - he left his trainers at the depot. At the end of the day he asked if he could be dropped off in town as that was where the last delivery was. So I'm looking at his shoes at the depot, and it reminded me of an old Billy Connolly skit I must have heard nearly thirty years ago about football, shoes and bovril :wink:

Now now, there will never be peace as long as we keep ****ting in their shoes and they keep pissing in our bovril....

Eyrie
01-10-2012, 08:18 PM
I think you need to make him a permanent hire. Means that there's one less back here.

Kato
01-10-2012, 08:31 PM
Send him to Wolf Creek

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0416315/

Sproule Three
02-10-2012, 08:30 AM

well I thought it was pretty funny. Old but still funny :greengrin