PDA

View Full Version : Pat Fenlon's Substitutions

Hibby 2005
30-09-2012, 07:59 AM
Having watched last weeks game against ICT at Easter Rd and yesterdays game against Aberdeen on ESPN I felt Pat got it wrong with his use and timing of subs.

We did nearly get an undesreved equaliser yesterday when Kugi came on but Aberdeen had already seen the benefit much earlier when they brought on a big battering ram of a forward.

There were cases for other subs in both games but a big target man, on earlier, would have occupied the opposition defences more and given some much needed relief to our midfield and defence.

Yesterday I thought Pat did get it right replacing Maybury but got it wrong putting on Handling when Kugi was a much more obvious change.

Mikeystewart
30-09-2012, 08:01 AM
Having watched last weeks game against ICT at Easter Rd and yesterdays game against Aberdeen on ESPN I felt Pat got it wrong with his use and timing of subs.

We did nearly get an undesreved equaliser yesterday when Kugi came on but Aberdeen had already seen the benefit much earlier when they brought on a big battering ram of a forward.

There were cases for other subs in both games but a big target man, on earlier, would have occupied the opposition defences more and given some much needed relief to our midfield and defence.

Yesterday I thought Pat did get it right replacing Maybury but got it wrong putting on Handling when Kugi was a much more obvious change.

They both came on :confused:

KeithTheHibby
30-09-2012, 08:31 AM

If you are talking about McGinnis for Aberdeen that subbie was forced upon the sheep as Fraser was injured.

Hibby 2005
30-09-2012, 08:43 AM
They both came on :confused:

Maybe wasn't clear. Kugi should have been on instead of Handling.

Hibby 2005
30-09-2012, 08:47 AM
If you are talking about McGinnis for Aberdeen that subbie was forced upon the sheep as Fraser was injured.

It may have been forced but it worked and Pat should have seen that and put Kugi on earlier than he did.

Pedantic_Hibee
30-09-2012, 08:52 AM
For the first time in absolute years, I have no complaints about Hibs, our manager, the squad he's assembled or the fight and spirit and ability that our players show.

So much so that I brushed off yesterday's defeat with an 'ah well, roll on next week'.

IndieHibby
30-09-2012, 08:55 AM
For the first time in absolute years, I have no complaints about Hibs, our manager, the squad he's assembled or the fight and spirit and ability that our players show.

So much so that I brushed off yesterday's defeat with an 'ah well, roll on next week'.

:agree:

Hibby 2005
30-09-2012, 09:22 AM

I would have taken a draw yesterday but we lost and coupled with the dropped points against ICT there's cause for concern. Hopefully it's just a blip and we get a comfortable win against Dundee next week.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-09-2012, 09:48 AM
Its KUQI!

Kato
30-09-2012, 09:49 AM

Yup. Rome wasn't built in a day. What we are seeing is some foundation. I'm happy and what's more I'm interested again.

hfc rd
30-09-2012, 09:51 AM

Spot on. I believe that this team will be trying their best to make amends against Dundee on Saturday after these two set backs against both Inverness & Aberdeen.

Bring on Saturday!

Hibby 2005
Its KUQI!

Huqi, Kuji, Kuki, whatever the name, he's a monster!

Kato
I would have taken a draw yesterday but we lost and coupled with the dropped points against ICT there's cause for concern.

The Chicken Lickin' school of football thought.

There will be worse results than last weeks and yesterdays to come and there will be better ones too.

What conclusion would your concern arrive at?

Hopefully it's just a blip and we get a comfortable win against Dundee next week.

There can't be a blip. We've only just begun, as The Carpenters sang many years ago.

lucky
30-09-2012, 09:53 AM
I thought he got the subs spot on. Could have brought Kuqi on earlier but no real complaints. He knows what he is doing. Its a long time since I felt that about a Hibs manager. This time next year I expect us to be a very good side as he will have had another two transfer windows and some of the younger ones will have progressed.

Kato
30-09-2012, 09:56 AM
I thought he got the subs spot on. Could have brought Kuqi on earlier but no real complaints. He knows what he is doing. Its a long time since I felt that about a Hibs manager. This time next year I expect us to be a very good side as he will have had another two transfer windows and some of the younger ones will have progressed.

Exactly. Anyone who thinks that a manager could turn Hibs around immediately after our recent history is either deluded, likes a moan or is a manic depressive.

Hibby 2005
30-09-2012, 10:02 AM
The Chicken Lickin' school of football thought.

There will be worse results than last weeks and yesterdays to come and there will be better ones too.

What conclusion would your concern arrive at?

Conclusion: You're correct, there's no cause for concern and if we get beat by Dundee which of course won't happen then I'm sure there'll still be no cause for concern as there will still be worse results to come and better ones too.

There can't be a blip. We've only just begun, as The Carpenters sang many years ago.

Conclusion: We've maybe just begun but this will always be a crap song.

jdships
30-09-2012, 10:24 AM

:thumbsup::agree:
Thank goodness threads like this are made up solely of opinions with which I have no problem as they are just that :greengrin

Kato
30-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Conclusion: We've maybe just begun but this will always be a crap song.

Epilogue: post 16 of this thread will always contain a crap opinion.