PDA

View Full Version : Dundee game

theonlywayisup
30-09-2012, 07:08 AM
When I was at the ICT game, the PA announcer kept talking about filling Easter Road for the Dundee game. I thought that was because it was the game that we would have been playing Servco had they remained in the SPL. I had expected to see that announcement followed up by emails, articles on the main Hibs website, but I have seen none.

So, does anyone know what is being planned for the Dundee game?

Are we expecting a "let's fill Easter Road" comms from Hibs this week?

What is the situation with the Season Ticket member's free adult ticket for the Servco game? Will that be transferred to the Dundee game?

Anyone in the know!

Hibs7
30-09-2012, 07:16 AM
I agree with the idea, we should all get along and make it a great day, should be three points in the bag, fingers crossed, but would be great if we had a big crowd as well just to show we don't need cheats.

lucky
30-09-2012, 07:52 AM
Hopefully not a free game for ST holder's pals. Hibs need the money so if want to see the game pay the £22 .

monktonharp
30-09-2012, 08:37 AM
Hopefully not a free game for ST holder's pals. Hibs need the money so if want to see the game pay the £22 .that's one way to encourage hibs fans that have been pissed off fur years:rolleyes: If the board had offered it for a ex-Rangers game,what better chance to offer freebies and get more in,than this game coming up. Instead, you suggest, c'mon everyone get behind the team and pay yer money. sorry mate, it just isnae working! some might say, naw I'll gie this one a miss. lowly Dundee could turn this into a tugid boring slog, as they scratch for every away point they can get. I hope the 'dee fans turn up in more numbers than their neighbours, as they used to but somehow I think that's changed.

marinello59
30-09-2012, 08:45 AM
that's one way to encourage hibs fans that have been pissed off fur years:rolleyes: If the board had offered it for a ex-Rangers game,what better chance to offer freebies and get more in,than this game coming up. Instead, you suggest, c'mon everyone get behind the team and pay yer money. sorry mate, it just isnae working! some might say, naw I'll gie this one a miss. lowly Dundee could turn this into a tugid boring slog, as they scratch for every away point they can get. I hope the 'dee fans turn up in more numbers than their neighbours, as they used to but somehow I think that's changed.

Aren't you ignoring all this fans who said they would willingly pay to watch Hibs play if we did the right thing over Sevco. Surely this is the ideal match for them to make good on their promise to support "sporting integrity"?
Or was it all bull?

hibIBZ
30-09-2012, 08:57 AM
i just dont see people parting with £22 to see what could turn in to a srappy midfield battle against a team showing little so far this season, esp on the back of a dissapointing defeat. ticket prices are still to high and any incentive to get fans back is a good thing

marinello59
30-09-2012, 09:14 AM
i just dont see people parting with £22 to see what could turn in to a srappy midfield battle against a team showing little so far this season, esp on the back of a dissapointing defeat. ticket prices are still to high and any incentive to get fans back is a good thing

Or it could turn out to be decent victory over a team that has struggled. Who knows?. Your sales pitch isn't the best really is it? "It's gonna be crap so let people in for nowt!":greengrin

givescotlandfreedom
30-09-2012, 09:15 AM
Equally we might rip them apart in a resounding victory. Do folk sit and analyse the opposition before deciding if they can be bothered going to watch the Hibs? If you're scared of Dundee you might as well give up!

Matty_Jack04
30-09-2012, 09:52 AM
It's £22 to watch us vs a side that by there own admission are not prepared for a season in the SPL, the ticket pricing is too high, if they where to bring it down to even £16 for an adult I believe the attendance would rise from both sets of fans.

also if we do manage a good performance and result people will come back and pay the £22 the next game, sometimes you've got to give a little and this is a big opportunity for that

Piqué
30-09-2012, 10:26 AM
Will be there. Won't be moaning about the price of my ticket.

PatHead
30-09-2012, 10:31 AM
It's £22 to watch us vs a side that by there own admission are not prepared for a season in the SPL, the ticket pricing is too high, if they where to bring it down to even £16 for an adult I believe the attendance would rise from both sets of fans.

also if we do manage a good performance and result people will come back and pay the £22 the next game, sometimes you've got to give a little and this is a big opportunity for that

Attendance might rise but not by enough to cover the loss of £6 per head. Also if every club followed that scheme it means that Dundee fans would pay £16 for every away game. Doesn't strike me as fair when we will pay £22 at away grounds.

JimBHibees
01-10-2012, 12:40 PM

Dont know why you would think that, the last few home games have been a big improvement on recent years, no reason to believe this game will be any different. Will be good to see Dundee in the top league again IMO.

Vini1875
01-10-2012, 01:17 PM
Doing something in terms of getting more fans to the games may pay dividends later on. Fans have been put off Hibs for a number of reasons, but a small giveaway now might encourage stayaway fans to turn up at a few more games, providied they see a Hibs team with a bit of fight and commitment. Maybe its too close to the game to have something planned and advertised, but a free ticket to any ST holder to bring a friend is a good idea. I'm sure most of us know at least one lapsed Hibby who would not being going otherwise.

Franck Stanton
01-10-2012, 02:25 PM
Just a thought, but why not let S/t bring a mate/relative for say, £10 entry ? win - win for punters and Club.

Keith_M
01-10-2012, 02:46 PM
Just a thought, but why not let S/t bring a mate/relative for say, £10 entry ? win - win for punters and Club.

Not a dig at you but it's not guaranteed that it would be the case. There could just as easily be ST holders giving the £10 ticket to some mates that would have been going anyway, and would otherwise havepaid £22. For each instance, that means Hibs lose £12.

I'm not sure there's any guarantee that the 'would have stayed at home'ers would outnumber the 'paid half my usual entry fee'ers, if you pardon the cr*p expressions :greengrin

Sean1875
01-10-2012, 05:09 PM
Reduce prices to £15 for adults and £5 for concessions and there should be a big boost, confident of 3 points this weekend :aok:

Scouse Hibee
01-10-2012, 07:42 PM

Madness to suggest Hibs can run a business by changing prices all of the time and now a suggestion to take into account a disappointing defeat!

Hibby 2005
01-10-2012, 09:30 PM
Madness to suggest Hibs can run a business by changing prices all of the time and now a suggestion to take into account a disappointing defeat!

True, but 22 quid is ridiculous.

Lucius Apuleius
02-10-2012, 06:32 AM
True, but 22 quid is ridiculous.

Disagree. Any less and we could not afford to pay wages. If we are going to cut prices we need to cut the salaries of all the players. Conversely, lets up the price to £50 a ticket and use the money to buy better standard of players.

NatureBoy
02-10-2012, 07:58 AM
I would guess the Hibs board have thoroughly researched all the options re ticket pricing and special deals to get the fans back and came to the conclusion that it just doesn't work on a large enough scale to make it worthwhile.

I agree the price of a ticket is steep but that's the reality of watching football in this day and age and Hibs need to be able to pay for a team on the park.

I would love to see a full Eater Rd but can't see it happening any time soon. A lot of people look for any excuse for not following Hibs or their chosen Scottish team, instead of rallying behind Scottish football and being proud, it may not be the English Premiership it's ours! Sorry for going off topic slightly ha!

StevieC
02-10-2012, 08:01 AM
In the summer everyone was up in arms about Rangers and their attempts to get into the SPL. The clubs listened to the supporters and didn't let them in, despite the losses it would incur.

This is the game that would have been against Rangers so, IMO, it's the game that supporters should show their appreciation for the clubs decision and ensure a good turnout, not whine about the price.

It's one game and it's an opportunity for us, the supporters, to try and make up a little bit of the lost revenue.

Phil MaGlass
02-10-2012, 08:21 AM
Chance missed by Hibs I think, as I keep BANGING on about, Hibs could have used this game to give kids football clubs all over Edinburgh and surrounding areas free tix for for this game. You would be surprised what a few tix might do to future games, theres alot of kids in Edinburgh who say they support sellik or the buns BUT have never been to a game, all they need is a slight nudge, let them experience a big crowd, the atmosphere, sitting with kids their own age being, rowdy, annoying even supporting the team and we have paying customers for years to come.
I really think we are seriously missing an opportunity here, I know of one club that does this and now they have anything 1-3 thousand extra paying kids per home game, including parents/sitters.Though I must point out this club gave the free tix away to kids clubs for almost a whole season, now they are paying massive dividends.

Mac
02-10-2012, 09:04 AM
In the summer everyone was up in arms about Rangers and their attempts to get into the SPL. The clubs listened to the supporters and didn't let them in, despite the losses it would incur.

This is the game that would have been against Rangers so, IMO, it's the game that supporters should show their appreciation for the clubs decision and ensure a good turnout, not whine about the price.

It's one game and it's an opportunity for us, the supporters, to try and make up a little bit of the lost revenue.

My point exactly and one that ive been banging on about constantly!!

Where are all the fans on here and around the Country who were prepared to back the club, Hibs backed the supporters but asked for their backing back, sadly it would appear it has been a one way street as the numbers havent came flooding back even though there is no denying they have backed the new manager financially.

You come on here and read about why should people bother watching 'a slog' or its going to be crap blah blah, just take a look at the Aberdeen support who have been far worse than us, difference is we are an improving side where there is some genuine positives and confident we will continue to improve.

Sure once there is abit more success then they will all of a sudden find the finances, or the time or anything else!!

Hibby 2005
02-10-2012, 09:38 AM
Disagree. Any less and we could not afford to pay wages. If we are going to cut prices we need to cut the salaries of all the players. Conversely, lets up the price to £50 a ticket and use the money to buy better standard of players.

What size of crowd do you think we'd get at 50 quid a pop?

Steve20
02-10-2012, 09:39 AM
Keeping prices as high as they are in the SPL and you'll not encourage many people back.

£22 for a Hibs v Dundee game is ridiculous.

CFC1892
02-10-2012, 09:51 AM
Keeping prices as high as they are in the SPL and you'll not encourage many people back.

£22 for a Hibs v Dundee game is ridiculous.

From reading this forum, I reckon the prices are steep compared to Aussie Rules. Don't know how Australian Football League does it but turn up tickets are equivalent to 14.66 GBP per adult

Crowds less than 15,000 are considered a failure, and my team can play an interstate team from 3000kms away and still draw 40,000 to 50,000 fans to the MCG

If you want more to turn up 22 pound seems steep

Lucius Apuleius
02-10-2012, 09:55 AM
What size of crowd do you think we'd get at 50 quid a pop?

Think you are missing my point :wink:

Steve-O
02-10-2012, 10:15 AM
To put it in perspective, I will be paying the equivalent of less than ten quid to go and watch Wellington Phoenix on Saturday - Allesandro Del Piero is playing for the opposition! :greengrin

22 quid for the SPL is nonsense.

Gatecrasher
02-10-2012, 11:21 AM
I agree that £22 is far too much for an SPL match but the problem is not just at Hibs but league wide. The teams should come together with a pricing agreement to make it more affordable. Saying that with the way things are Hibs should not need to lower the prices on the above reasons as its the going rate for a game at ER and has been for some time. Those wanting a price reduction are just hoping for a cheap day out IMO

monktonharp
02-10-2012, 01:06 PM
I agree that £22 is far too much for an SPL match but the problem is not just at Hibs but league wide. The teams should come together with a pricing agreement to make it more affordable. Saying that with the way things are Hibs should not need to lower the prices on the above reasons as its the going rate for a game at ER and has been for some time. Those wanting a price reduction are just hoping for a cheap day out IMOor, conversely, they may be looking for an affordable good day out, and they can take the kids,although they will need a pack lunch, but that's another issue entirely.

Mikey
02-10-2012, 01:12 PM
I agree that £22 is far too much for an SPL match but the problem is not just at Hibs but league wide. The teams should come together with a pricing agreement to make it more affordable. Saying that with the way things are Hibs should not need to lower the prices on the above reasons as its the going rate for a game at ER and has been for some time. Those wanting a price reduction are just hoping for a cheap day out IMO

The biggest problem is 60 miles down the road and it's called England.

Gatecrasher
02-10-2012, 03:43 PM
or, conversely, they may be looking for an affordable good day out, and they can take the kids,although they will need a pack lunch, but that's another issue entirely.
Hibs offer Hibs kids days, free kids ST's and several offers last year with kids go free deals. IMO Hibs do very well in offering deals for families its up to folk to take them when they are on offer. Just because we are playing Dundee doesnt mean Hibs should lower the price.

marinello59
02-10-2012, 04:29 PM
or, conversely, they may be looking for an affordable good day out, and they can take the kids,although they will need a pack lunch, but that's another issue entirely.

Hibs family season ticket packages were a pretty good deal. The last home game was a Hibs Kids day.......free tickets for non ST holding kids and kids with season tickets could either take a friend for free or an Adult at reduced prices. The club has given free tickets out to local youth groups, perhaps they should publicise that more. It's not as if the club do nothing, it's more a case of no matter what they do somebody will demand things become even cheaper.........but want better quality players as well.
Stuff being the Director of a fitba club, I would set the hounds on the whinging rabble. :greengrin

Steve-O
03-10-2012, 07:41 AM
Kids 11 and under should all be free IMO - i.e. up to high school age.

As for folk wanting a cheap day out - of course that's what they are looking for, that's what football used to be about before players became greedy bassas.