PDA

View Full Version : 2nd place up for grabs!

noz
29-09-2012, 06:24 PM
so many teams taking points of each other, anybody who hits a bit of form ( hopefully us) and we could be that team!
Dundee utd are a mess just now, who would have thought a few weeks ago. Hearts bag a win last week and today get tanned by killie......caley score 4, st mirren 5.
Chances?

Fergus52
29-09-2012, 06:26 PM
I agree, if you look at our next 8 or so games we have a good chance to pick up alot of points, if we can get over todays result and keep our momentum going.

Hopefully we can go into the christmas period with a league position worth defending :flag:

...WentToMowAnSPL
29-09-2012, 07:02 PM
I like the optimism :aok ! GGTTH

iwasthere1972
29-09-2012, 07:25 PM
Despite the result today I've seen a lot of that makes me optimistic for the season ahead. The team can only improve as far as I can see and there's no reason that we can't finish high up the table. A European spot at least.

The Yams getting a tanking today made our result at Pittodrie easier to swallow. They truly are a mess this season and a bottom six finish looks more likely than them finishing in the top league!

:flag: :flag:

Jim44
29-09-2012, 07:33 PM
A point or better today would have been ideal but we're still in there fighting.

Frazerbob
29-09-2012, 07:48 PM
Everyone is beating everyone meaning 2nd place is anyone's.

Ozyhibby
29-09-2012, 07:48 PM
We need to stop losing bad goals but it is definitely up for grabs. If we don't sort out the defence then we will be mid table at best.

blackpoolhibs
29-09-2012, 08:00 PM
There's not a lot between everyone, with the smellies likely to win the league everyone will continue to take points off each other.

We could finish 2nd, we could finish 8th, lets enjoy the roller coaster. :greengrin

ronaldo7
29-09-2012, 08:07 PM
We need to harden up in the centre of defence. We were poor in that area today with McPake and Hanlon at fault for the goals. On the other hand if we can keep the faith and go at defences we have the people up front to win games. It's going to be a long season with some results putting us on the back foot, but it's how we deal with them that will mark out whether we've got rid of the soft centre.