PDA

View Full Version : Doyle's goal

Northernhibee
29-09-2012, 04:41 PM
Was just on Reporting Scotland. It doesn't get less impressive on second viewing. :top marks:flag:

nonshinyfinish
29-09-2012, 04:45 PM
A beezer. :agree:

frazeHFC
29-09-2012, 04:48 PM
My thoughts at the time were "don't shoot", then i thought it had gone side netting......umbelievable goal! :thumbsup:

Northernhibee
29-09-2012, 04:51 PM
Sparky, Ross, Shefki, Paul; that's both Spoony and the green Messi put in GOTS contenders. Let's see what you can do :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
29-09-2012, 05:01 PM
While it was a good strike,:agree: the keeper should have done a lot better. If that was against us Williams would be getting slaughtered.

Hibs Class
29-09-2012, 05:54 PM
While it was a good strike,:agree: the keeper should have done a lot better. If that was against us Williams would be getting slaughtered.

Not sure I agree. Langfield may have been surprised that the ball found its way through to Doyle and he took it so early and hit it just inside the post that you can't criticise the keeper too much.

Kato
29-09-2012, 06:03 PM
Not sure I agree. Langfield may have been surprised that the ball found its way through to Doyle and he took it so early and hit it just inside the post that you can't criticise the keeper too much.

Yup. Took it early, hit it hard. Keeper hardly had a chance to set himself.

BarneyBreslin
29-09-2012, 06:06 PM
For anyone who missed it earlier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csx0k414-xw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

matty_f
29-09-2012, 06:11 PM

Peach :thumbsup:

hibsbollah
29-09-2012, 06:21 PM

You can't blame the keeper there. Great strike, just as good as Spoonys the other day :agree:

marinello59
29-09-2012, 06:23 PM
It looks even better than it did at the time. Wow!

Danderhall Hibs
29-09-2012, 06:58 PM

Definitely. Cracking strike but a big mistake from Clangfield.

Pretty Boy
29-09-2012, 07:02 PM

Would agree to an extent BH.

Keeper shouldn't get beat like that BUT Doyle forces the mistake because he hit it so early and so well.

The Harp
29-09-2012, 07:06 PM
Delighted for Eoin. A good strike last week after a bit of perseverance and a super goal today - pity it didn't earn us at least a point.
All the same - well done that man.

Johnny0762
29-09-2012, 07:08 PM
My thoughts at the time were "don't shoot", then i thought it had gone side netting......umbelievable goal! :thumbsup:

Either you have just spoken the exact same words as someone else at the game, or you were one of the guys standing behind me.:aok:

Nuitdelune
29-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Really warming to Eoin this season. a testament to giving someone time

R'Albin
29-09-2012, 07:23 PM
The thing is that wasn't just something that he tried and just got lucky, it takes genuine talent to turn and hit a ball like that and the awareness that he displayed was incredible. Fantastic goal :thumbsup:

frazeHFC
29-09-2012, 08:28 PM
Either you have just spoken the exact same words as someone else at the game, or you were one of the guys standing behind me.:aok:

:hilarious Probably was me, if you were also under the S43 banner when held up, Alee Alee Aleh Ohhh :singing: :thumbsup:
:flag:

weedgiehibbie
29-09-2012, 08:39 PM
Dunno if keeper can really be blamed, just a great strike, similar type of strike to Aberdeen's at Hampden in the fact that if the striker hits his shot early the keeper aint expecting it that soon/you catch him out of position - even a yard out of position can make a differance as a goalie

well done Eoin :thumbsup: great goal, one amazing highlight for us in a game where there were not many :rolleyes:

Johnny0762
29-09-2012, 08:40 PM
:hilarious Probably was me, if you were also under the S43 banner when held up, Alee Alee Aleh Ohhh :singing: :thumbsup:
:flag:

Aye, I was wearing a furry ear flapped Adidas hat. :pfgwa

What's the story about the cops on the way home? We seen yous get a pull. Nosey ***** eh! :greengrin

Johnny0762
29-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Dunno if keeper can really be blamed, just a great strike, similar type of strike to Aberdeen's at Hampden in the fact that if the striker hits his shot early the keeper aint expecting it that soon/you catch him out of position - even a yard out of position can make a differance as a goalie

well done Eoin :thumbsup: great goal, one amazing highlight for us in a game where there were not many :rolleyes:

I agree. From where we were (opposite end of the ground) it's hard to tell but the shot didn't look particularly powerful but had the goalie at full stretch. He got enough on it, but there just wasn't enough pace in the ball to turn it around the post or at least parry it out wide. Totally blameless though.

The defence were like statues watching though.

frazeHFC
29-09-2012, 08:45 PM
Aye, I was wearing a furry ear flapped Adidas hat. :pfgwa

What's the story about the cops on the way home? We seen yous get a pull. Nosey ***** eh! :greengrin

:tee hee: Think they had an issue with the bus/driver, but i think they were just bored so decided to be annoying. :greengrin

Johnny0762
29-09-2012, 08:59 PM
:tee hee: Think they had an issue with the bus/driver, but i think they were just bored so decided to be annoying. :greengrin

They'll end up with no bus and spoiling it for those who can behave. No really clever eh?

And... They'll end up costing Sect 43 the close working relationship they have worked hard at establishing with the club.

frazeHFC
29-09-2012, 09:02 PM
They'll end up with no bus and spoiling it for those who can behave. No really clever eh?

And... They'll end up costing Sect 43 the close working relationship they have worked hard at establishing with the club.

No wrong doing occured, and it was nothing to do with any Hibs fan at all. We don't even know what it was about, they just briefly spoke to driver about something.

BTW I meant police had an issue, not anyone on the bus

Johnny0762
29-09-2012, 09:14 PM
No wrong doing occured, and it was nothing to do with any Hibs fan at all. We don't even know what it was about, they just briefly spoke to driver about something.

BTW I meant police had an issue, not anyone on the bus

Mate the polis chased yous from Pittodrie and caught up with yous some miles outside the city, they passed us at the harbour. They were chasing your bus that distance with sirens and blue lights for a reason. I cannot think for the life of me why they would do that for a quiet word with the driver.

To be fair I've been told a couple of snippets, and there was definitely something going on with the fans. :greengrin

frazeHFC
29-09-2012, 09:21 PM
Mate the polis chased yous from Pittodrie and caught up with yous some miles outside the city, they passed us at the harbour. They were chasing your bus that distance with sirens and blue lights for a reason. I cannot think for the life of me why they would do that for a quiet word with the driver.

To be fair I've been told a couple of snippets, and there was definitely something going on with the fans. :greengrin

Honestly, no idea what you are on about. I was on the bus, driver noticed that the police were behind so pulled over. He got out, spoke to them, got in and we went off. No fan did anything wrong whatsoever from what i saw.

For a bit of amusement, PM me what 'snippets' were you told? We stole a sheep? :dunno:

basehibby
29-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Absolute peach of a strike by Doyle! Very pleasing after last week's rebound/tap in to get a goal like that with quality written all over it - will do his confidence no end of good - hope to see some side torn for erse paper in the near future with both Griffiths and Doyle on song :thumbsup:

Pedantic_Hibee
29-09-2012, 09:29 PM
The technique was outrageous.

Johnny0762
29-09-2012, 09:34 PM
Honestly, no idea what you are on about. I was on the bus, driver noticed that the police were behind so pulled over. He got out, spoke to them, got in and we went off. No fan did anything wrong whatsoever from what i saw.

For a bit of amusement, PM me what 'snippets' were you told? We stole a sheep? :dunno:

Maybe you don't know what I'm on about, but the cops chased your bus from the city centre with blues n twos, then we caught up with you stopped at the road side.

Doesn't that strike you as unusual?

Anyways, sorry for going off topic. If you say nothing was going on, then nothing was going on. Perhaps the driver took a cheeky chance through a changing traffic light? :greengrin

frazeHFC
29-09-2012, 09:35 PM
Maybe you don't know what I'm on about, but the cops chased your bus from the city centre with blues n twos, then we caught up with you stopped at the road side.

Doesn't that strike you as unusual?

Anyways, sorry for going off topic. If you say nothing was going on, then nothing was going on. Perhaps the driver took a cheeky chance through a changing traffic light? :greengrin

I know what you are on about, cos i was on the bus. :greengrin Broken light maybe? :dunno: It would seem unusual, but i can assure you there was nothing to it. :tee hee:

BoltonHibee
29-09-2012, 09:47 PM
Fantastic finish, even more so when you consider where the ball was when he struck it.

Johnny0762
29-09-2012, 10:02 PM
Fantastic finish, even more so when you consider where the ball was when he struck it.

On the end of his boot? :thumbsup:

ronaldo7
29-09-2012, 10:02 PM
Terrific finish, long may it continue Eoin.

Johnny0762
29-09-2012, 10:04 PM
I know what you are on about, cos i was on the bus. :greengrin Broken light maybe? :dunno: It would seem unusual, but i can assure you there was nothing to it. :tee hee:

:aok:

BoltonHibee
29-09-2012, 10:22 PM
On the end of his boot? :thumbsup:

:)

Squealing pig
29-09-2012, 10:43 PM
Great goal. Hopefully gets at least 15 goals this season.

Sparky will break 20 no prob if he stays till end of season.

TomoHFC
29-09-2012, 10:58 PM
Fantastic goal dunno what goal i like better spoony's or this one :confused:

VPHIBEE
29-09-2012, 11:32 PM

If Ronaldo or Messi scored that goal, the TV pundits would be creaming their pants over it. Great goal, well taken. That is the type of goal only scored by a player who is playing with confidence. He knew exactly where the goal was and let rip. Well done Eoin, keep them coming.

StevieC
30-09-2012, 10:43 AM
If Ronaldo or Messi scored that goal, the TV pundits would be creaming their pants over it.

Wouldn't they be more likely to be asking what they were doing playing for Hibs? :wink:

iwasthere1972
30-09-2012, 12:02 PM
Doylie steps up to the plate.

Seveno
30-09-2012, 12:09 PM
The boy has class. He is also very sharp, as evidenced by the number of goals he has scored from rebounds off the keeper.

nonshinyfinish
30-09-2012, 12:55 PM

:tee hee:

Franck Stanton
30-09-2012, 01:43 PM
Superb strike, what a goal. IMO even better than Spoonys as he had less time to line up the shot with a defender right on his shoulder. Superb.

Johnny0762
30-09-2012, 01:53 PM

Just a pity our defence was caught napkin for both goals.

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

jethart hibee
30-09-2012, 02:00 PM
great goal !!! that will do his confidence good, Doyle will be a huge player for us this season, works hard and i think we will get a good return of goals from him !!!

iwasthere1972
30-09-2012, 02:46 PM

Maybe we should forget about winning silverware and just concentrate on tableware.

Johnny0762
30-09-2012, 02:47 PM
Maybe we should forget about winning silverware and just concentrate on tableware.

Well we could certainly do with some top of the table runners. :greengrin:greengrin

iwasthere1972
30-09-2012, 02:55 PM

Johnny0762
30-09-2012, 03:17 PM

Honestly mate, I heard you the first time. LMAO :thumbsup: