PDA

View Full Version : Dons v Hibs - who was your MOTM?

theonlywayisup
29-09-2012, 01:07 PM
Dons v Hibs - who was your MOTM? Poor result, but for those that watched the game who was your man of the match?

HH81
29-09-2012, 01:11 PM
Doyle just for his goal.

No real stand outs for me.

nonshinyfinish
29-09-2012, 01:12 PM
Doyle just for his goal.

No real stand outs for me.

Agree with that, really struggling to pick anyone.

hiBZiNHo
29-09-2012, 01:13 PM
Doyle was the only one comfortable on the ball, dono why but everytime a hibs player got the ball they hoofed it up the park.

all the chances we made were from passing it around but oh well, nice goal from doyle:thumbsup:

J-C
29-09-2012, 01:20 PM
No one deserves it as they were not good enough, a MOM should only be given when a team has done well, or when the game is close and they're only just pipped at the post.The 80% possession to Aberdeen says it all.

HIBERNIAN-0762
29-09-2012, 01:22 PM
Doyle at a push but I didn't do the vote as we were poor all over the park, Williams unlucky at the first goal but I still get the jitters when a high ball goes in to our box.

Pass marks for McGivern though, I really like the look of him even though his hair is the same as my Mrs :offski:

lucky
29-09-2012, 01:23 PM
Claros was the only one showing for ball. As such he wad MOTM

Franck Stanton
29-09-2012, 01:27 PM
No one deserves it as they were not good enough, a MOM should only be given when a team has done well, or when the game is close and they're only just pipped at the post.The 80% possession to Aberdeen says it all.

Agree, no one in a Hibs jersey today can say they played well, some were competent but no one was good enough to say they were better than the rest. Keep the bubbly and make next week a "roll-over" and present whoever wins that mom award with two bottles. :wink:

P>S> I would have voted for Stanton this week, - I know he didn't get on - but just for his name he deserves it

Dan Sarf
29-09-2012, 01:38 PM
The Ref.

hibspayne
29-09-2012, 02:54 PM
Claros to me was mom the whole team were slow the day but Claros popped up everywhere

Piqué
29-09-2012, 03:11 PM
Claros for me, kept it neat and tidy and won his fair share of challenges. Would be good if one of our central midfielders could play a dangerous, probing ball now and again. Claros and Deegan dont do this. Cairney is the only one that seems to play a good through ball but we need more threat.

Geo_1875
29-09-2012, 03:48 PM
Nobody was that good for Hibs but gave Doyle my vote for his goal.

frazeHFC
29-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Doyle soley for his goal could have got it, and some nice pieces of skill, one of which would have been assist of the season imo had Cairney scored. Claros was very good in the middle........but i gave it to McPake, soley because in the last 10 minutes he had some amazing challenges and we were lucky it stayed at 2-1.

bathhibby
29-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Hanlon was awful - powder puff
Needs to toughen up or ship out

frazeHFC
29-09-2012, 04:02 PM

I think he has been very good this season. With Maybury letting his man get past him constantly, and the huge Vernon up front for them, it was always going to be tough for him.

blackpoolhibs
29-09-2012, 04:11 PM
I think he has been very good this season. With Maybury letting his man get past him constantly, and the huge Vernon up front for them, it was always going to be tough for him.

:confused:

frazeHFC
29-09-2012, 04:17 PM
:confused:

Just my opinion. Vernon won everything in the air especially first half, and is a good target man for them.

blackpoolhibs
29-09-2012, 04:19 PM
Just my opinion. Vernon won everything in the air especially first half, and is a good target man for them.

It was the huge bit that got me Fraze, he's hardly huge imo, although he was certainly stronger than Hanlon in the challenge on more than one occasion. :boo hoo:

frazeHFC
29-09-2012, 04:22 PM
It was the huge bit that got me Fraze, he's hardly huge imo, although he was certainly stronger than Hanlon in the challenge on more than one occasion. :boo hoo:

Yeah, ok, maybe huge was a bit far, but looked like he edged it height wise today from where i was. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
29-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Yeah, ok, maybe huge was a bit far, but looked like he edged it height wise today from where i was. :wink:

Yip,:agree: i dont know their respective heights, but i'd imagine vernon is an inch or two taller than Hanlon?

Hibercelona
29-09-2012, 04:34 PM
I voted for Claros, never put a foot wrong today but was sadly surrounded by inconstancy.

J-C
29-09-2012, 06:11 PM
Yip,:agree: i dont know their respective heights, but i'd imagine vernon is an inch or two taller than Hanlon?

Although only 2" taller than Hanlon, Vernon looked at least 4-5" talller at times, such was his dominance today.

Baldy Foghorn
29-09-2012, 06:26 PM
Nobody for me, thought we were poor all over.....Bad day at office

Billy Whizz
29-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Williams couldn't do anything with any of the goals. Thought he had a decent game and a few good saves

jdships
29-09-2012, 07:50 PM

No worse than McPake on the day .
McP was found wanting at the second goal
Doyle for me as MoM

basehibby
29-09-2012, 08:00 PM

:confused: Where did you get that stat from? Dons certainly had more of the ball but would be V surprised if it was as much as that!

As for MOM - no real standouts but Doyle shone more than Griffiths up front today and scored a cracker - so he gets my vote.

NB - a little bit googling yields the following....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19684188

58/42% according to this report which sounds a lot more like it.

scoopyboy
29-09-2012, 08:07 PM
No worse than McPake on the day .McP was found wanting at the second goal
Doyle for me as MoM

Its simply not fashionable to blame James McPake, much better to blame someone else and better still if its Paul Hanlon.

IMO our captain has struggled the last three games compared to his normal excellent performances, thankfully his contribution as captain outweighs his little flaws.

J-C
29-09-2012, 08:11 PM
:confused: Where did you get that stat from? Dons certainly had more of the ball but would be V surprised if it was as much as that!

As for MOM - no real standouts but Doyle shone more than Griffiths up front today and scored a cracker - so he gets my vote.

NB - a little bit googling yields the following....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19684188

58/42% according to this report which sounds a lot more like it.

Watching on tv and they gave 1st have statsas that, don't know the final stats but the 2nd half was just the same as the 1st as far as I could see.

ronaldo7
29-09-2012, 08:14 PM
Its simply not fashionable to blame James McPake, much better to blame someone else and better still if its Paul Hanlon.

IMO our captain has struggled the last three games compared to his normal excellent performances, thankfully his contribution as captain outweighs his little flaws.

:agree: He set high standards when he arrived, and he's been letting it slip for a wee bit. He needs to get back to the Chest thumping performances we need from him.

If you're reading this J. Get it together man.:wink:

basehibby
29-09-2012, 08:17 PM
Watching on tv and they gave 1st have statsas that, don't know the final stats but the 2nd half was just the same as the 1st as far as I could see.

I think you misread / heard it mate - I saw 80/20 appear at one point but it was only refering to the previous 5 minutes when we had been under the cosh.

If 80/20 was the real figure for the whole match, I would have expected us to have lost about 4-0, as that would have been a totally one-sided game - which this wasn't.

madabouthibs
29-09-2012, 08:19 PM

Those stats came up after a 5 minute spell of Dons domination, and represented only those last 5 minutes. :agree:

madabouthibs
29-09-2012, 08:24 PM
I chose McPake, not because he had a great game, no one did, but because, even though he's not playing his best he's still willing to throw his body in front of the ball to prevent a goal or a cross. No other defender seems to be willing to make that last ditch grunt to try and regain possession. :agree:

He was beaten today at the cross for the goal, if it wasn't a goal no one would have remembered it! :aok:

rosco-hibee
30-09-2012, 09:17 AM
McPake for me.

No one really stood out but a few times in the second half, McPake made a few really decent challenges and from my point of view was pretty solid. A couple of mistakes but always busts a gut trying to rectify them.

Honourable mentions to Williams for the saves and Doyle for a belter of a goal.

The reason we got beat today was our midfield were a bit off, Claros made a couple of decent challenges but barely made a forward pass all game (correct me if i'm wrong), and Deegan just looked as though he was having a bad day at the office. Cairney looked a bit off the pace for me too, but did play that lovely ball into Griffiths first half which should have put us level. Wotherspoon was so-so, again just not at the races like the other midfielders for long spells.

Our midfield didn't close down as quick as theirs did, which put a bit extra pressure on the defence and for me, i think that was the difference.

It wasn't the best day in terms of football, but i think in terms of effort, this team is night and day compared to last years. The league is going to be a tight contest this year and we're going to drop points along the line, and Pittodrie is one of those places that's tricky to pick up points. The fact we got beat yesterday is disappointing, we just need to make sure we take the 3 points when they come to ER. :wink:

GGTTH

:pfgwa

Oh and the singing "What the *****in hell is that??" at the Aberdeen mascot was tremendous, proper p*shing masel.

mim
30-09-2012, 10:37 AM
Voted for Mcgivern - a good debut.
As Claros's biggest fan, I thought he was well below par yesterday. All the usual effort, but a bit sluggish on the ball.

Johnny0762
30-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Although only 2" taller than Hanlon, Vernon looked at least 4-5" talller at times, such was his dominance today.

Just watched the highlights. Should have been a booking and a Hibs foul for leading his jump with his arm into Hanlon's throat.