PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Aberdeen 2 v 1 Hibs FT

Pages : 1 [2]

Hibs7
29-09-2012, 12:34 PM
Poor performance from Hibs today, hate losing to Aberdeen.

Piqué
This hoof ball is getting old. Not working.

LancashireHibby
Need to change things a bit...Subs????

Kuqi about to come on.

Hibs7
29-09-2012, 12:35 PM
Kuqi on.

PeeJay
Handling wins a free kick with some guile in good position... Cairney off and Kuqi on

fatbloke
;3370397']We really need to learn how to control games. FS.

You have to be in a game first.

spike220
Need to change things a bit...Subs????

Bring out the Cookie Monster!!

LancashireHibby
Kuqi on for Cairney, presume Doyle will drop a little deeper now.

LancashireHibby
29-09-2012, 12:37 PM
Blind alley from Sparky there, he really does need to get his head up sometimes instead of trying to take on the entire opposition.

spike220
29-09-2012, 12:37 PM
Kuqi on for Cairney, presume Doyle will drop a little deeper now.

Fenlon must be reading this thread!!!

Pretty Boy
29-09-2012, 12:38 PM
Good link up by Griffiths and Kuqi, half a chance.

Pretty Boy
29-09-2012, 12:39 PM
Aberdeen look shaky as **** at the back as well to be honest, this isn't over.

Hibs7
29-09-2012, 12:40 PM
Hibs pushing for an equalizer, could come, all Hibs pressure now.

Moulin Yarns
29-09-2012, 12:40 PM
Some good pressure. Got to make it count

Dan Sarf
29-09-2012, 12:41 PM
Good drive forward by McPake. Handling making a difference.

Hibs7
29-09-2012, 12:41 PM
Hibs pressure c'mon put this in the net.

Hainan Hibs
29-09-2012, 12:42 PM
***** corner.

Pretty Boy
Some good pressure then a piss poor corner and a stupid pass by Claros.

PeeJay
Griffiths wastes a corner and Claros puts the ball out with an awful pass - unbelievable!

LancashireHibby
29-09-2012, 12:43 PM
Aberdeen looked really edgy at the back there, let's keep getting the ball in and around the box and see what we can snatch.

CorrieHibs
29-09-2012, 12:43 PM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;3370408]Thats both goals down to real piss poor central defending, amateurish. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE

Again poor defending. I fed up of the McPake lovers. Bitten my tongue for too for too long. The guy has passion but is not a good defender. So over rated by most on this site.

HH81
29-09-2012, 12:44 PM
How come ESPN couldn't wait to put the mcpake handball on reply yet when hibs players appeal for one we have not seen a reply?

Pretty Boy
Kuqi has had a couple of nice wee touches and knock downs.

Dan Sarf
Kuqi has had a couple of nice wee touches and knock downs.

Even though he looks like he sleeps on a bench!

Pretty Boy
How come ESPN couldn't wait to put the mcpake handball on reply yet when hibs players appeal for one we have not seen a reply?

It was an 'instinctive' appeal according to the commentators.

Whatever the **** that means.

PeeJay
29-09-2012, 12:46 PM
Griffiths claims for a penalty - but it looks like a dive to me!

Steve-O
29-09-2012, 12:47 PM
Long ball pish is bad enough but it would help if any of these hoofs up the park got within 10 yards of a Hibs player!

archiebald
can claros no pass the ba faster ? Kuqi has done well -

PeeJay
Hanlon makes yet another dumb mistake ... almost 3-1

Pretty Boy
What the **** is Hanlon doing there?

Schoolboy stuff, McPake not much better there but recovers well.

Pretty Boy
Kuqi has one cleared off the line. Should have scored.

PeeJay
Kuqi has an attempt cleared off the line!

Moulin Yarns
29-09-2012, 12:48 PM
Blooter the ball. Dinnae try and roll it intae the net

hiBZiNHo
My god i cant watch this come on hibs were getting closer

PeeJay
Claros and Deegan piddling about with the ball when we need a goal - clueless the two of them!

Hainan Hibs
29-09-2012, 12:49 PM
I'd be cheeky to say I was 9ft 9, I'm built like a stick, but I'd still bet a considerable amount on me being able to bully Hanlon for 90 minutes.

Dan Sarf
29-09-2012, 12:49 PM
Great last-ditch tackle by McPake

HH81
29-09-2012, 12:50 PM
Kuqi has an attempt cleared off the line!

He really should have scored.

Pretty Boy
29-09-2012, 12:50 PM
How often does McPake get caught underneath the ball?

hiBZiNHo
29-09-2012, 12:51 PM
looks like its over, can we get this ref every week please? hes gave us everything lmao

Pretty Boy
29-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Brutal.

Didn't deserve a thing from that.

Liam89
29-09-2012, 12:53 PM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;3370408]Thats both goals down to real piss poor central defending, amateurish. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE

Again poor defending. I fed up of the McPake lovers. Bitten my tongue for too for too long. The guy has passion but is not a good defender. So over rated by most on this site.

haha, **** off you hearts **** ltyf

PeeJay
Awful performance from Hibs - Aberdeeen deserved the points!

Craig_in_Prague
Boring lethargic hoofball.

fatbloke
29-09-2012, 12:54 PM
Brutal.

Didn't deserve a thing from that.

Understatement of the year.

Hainan Hibs
29-09-2012, 12:54 PM
**** off. Hate losing to them, it will be 83 all over again in that *****hole of a city.

Could have and should have been more for Aberdeen, McPake and Hanlon have to take a good look at themselves after that performance, piss poor.

Bob Box Fish
29-09-2012, 12:55 PM
Aberdeen deserved to win.

Midfield compatible to last season- cannot retain possession through the middle and the lack of width is freighting causing Doyle / Griffiths to drift out of position.

SteveHFC
Pish that is all

Steve-O
Too many players had off days to be honest.

Maybury was struggling all that first half.

Hanlon not tough enough.

McPake was still pretty good, but really was at fault for the winner.

Claros not bad but a bit slow. Deegan barely did a thing. Wotherspoon posted missing mainly.

Griffiths had a bit of an off day as well. Doyle did nothing before or after an admittedly great goal.

Plus points were that McGivern and Kuqi looked decent.

Moulin Yarns
Aye well. Maybe better to lose and not go top this early in the season. Don't want to get carried away. (and that from a self confessed happy clapper)

Wotherspiniesta
29-09-2012, 12:56 PM
Think the terrible pitch and windy conditions made for a tricky game. Aberdeen played the conditions better.

Borderhibbie76
Disappointing, should have brought kuqi on earlier as we at least looked threatening when he came on! Far too much sideways passing from deegan and claros and spoony back ti his usual anonymous self!!

HIBERNIAN-0762
Very poor performance today, couldn't even get the basics right, we looked sluggish and totally out of sorts, continually pumping the ball up to no one, even in the last 10 minutes when they were toiling they dealt easily with what we had to offer, Kuqi unlucky at the end and was impressed by McGivern, Hanlon a weak link once again.

We move on...

Hibercelona
Really really poor.

First goal was such a poor goal to concede after a good opening start, then we just turned scrappy after that. Should have raised our game after the equalizer but just never really got out of 1st gear. Football was far too route 1 at times.

Chance for top of the table blown. Very disappointing.

Judas Iscariot
29-09-2012, 12:57 PM
****ing pish Hibs, totally pish!

Chance again to go top but **** it up again..

Same old same old, letting us down and no turning up when it counts

cabbageandribs1875
29-09-2012, 12:58 PM
the dandy dons eagerly waited on the best chance to get there first home win of the season, step up Hibs with our inevitable benevolence, we've always been quite charitable with teams waiting on first wins for weeks/years, or players who haven't scored for a few seasons etc etc etc, been the soft touches for a few decades now :(

SteveHFC
29-09-2012, 12:58 PM
Kuqi is *****

HH81
29-09-2012, 12:59 PM
Kuqi missed only chance at end. Doesn't matter if you deserve to score or not, he should have well annoying.

hibee92
29-09-2012, 01:00 PM
Extremely poor.

NorthNorfolkHFC
29-09-2012, 01:01 PM
Mcpake again. Was poor last week and has been today.

Never really looked threatening at all today. I think i would play Caldwell, he seems to be able to hold the ball.

Claros was good but McPake, Griffiths, Wotherspoon, Deegan and Hanlon were all particularly rank today.

Their experienced midfield and centre back pairings totally bossed us.

On a separate note: BB is a total fud.

GoldenMeerkat
29-09-2012, 01:01 PM
Negative tactics and then only to start playing with some urgency when a goal down. Gutted.

Franck Stanton
29-09-2012, 01:04 PM

Hanlon not tough enough.

Claros not bad but a bit slow. Deegan barely did a thing. Wotherspoon posted missing mainly.

Griffiths had a bit of an off day as well. Doyle did nothing before or after an admittedly great goal.

Good , honest, not over-the-top summing up mate, agree with almost every word, will only add that Aberdeen were "hungrier" than us and showed a lot more determination. They made things happen, we hoped things would happen. IMO the best team [on the day ] won and deserved to do so. Glad McGivern and Kuqi were given a run out, impressed with both. Onwards and upwards. It's not the end of the world folks, just a blip, just a blip.

EK_Hibs
29-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Too much hoofball from us today

ekhibee
29-09-2012, 01:05 PM

Hanlon not tough enough.

Yeh, totally agree with this. Hibs didn't really deserve much out of the game, at times they were far too complacent. The midfield wanted too much time on the ball, when their midfield was in their faces all the time. That said, for me, the subs from both teams made a difference. Magennis was good for Aberdeen, and I was impressed with McGivern when he came on. Kuqi could be a good option up front, providing he stays fit.

jacomo
29-09-2012, 01:06 PM
Very poor performance today, couldn't even get the basics right, we looked sluggish and totally out of sorts, continually pumping the ball up to no one, even in the last 10 minutes when they were toiling they dealt easily with what we had to offer, Kuqi unlucky at the end and was impressed by McGivern, Hanlon a weak link once again.

We move on...

We remain a work in progress. But I remain satisfied that we are working and we are progressing.

Dons were desperate for a win today, disappointing result but we are a million miles further ahead of where I thought we'd be at this stage of the season.

SMAXXA
29-09-2012, 01:09 PM
Think the terrible pitch and windy conditions made for a tricky game. Aberdeen played the conditions better.

I don't think that made any difference mate, we were poor all over the park, doyle would probably get pass marks for his usual consistent performance. We had no width, cairneys worst game for us imo, wotherspoon no impact, claros looked the better of our midfield with degan looking panicky on the ball at times. Hanlon was poor today, mcpake also.

Just a bad day at the office which I for one won't jump on the bandwagon and be overly critical, just one of these things.

Hopefully this will be turned into a positive and give everyone connected with us a reality check that we have a long way to go. Let's not forget the progress made though, I'm still a happy hibby :-)

J-C
29-09-2012, 01:10 PM

Hanlon not tough enough.

Pretty much sums it up, midfield went missing the whole game, Hanlon looked very weak in the challenge, back 4 looked very slow and really struggle with pace running at them, we need more than the lump upfield to Doyle and Griffiths and expect them to use their pace every time, we have to start being more clever on the deck and play the ball to feet.

Stevie Reid
29-09-2012, 01:12 PM
****ing pish Hibs, totally pish!

Chance again to go top but **** it up again..

Same old same old, letting us down and no turning up when it counts
Calm yourself.

We were disappointing today but it's hardly been 'same old same old' this season.

Even in a disappointing defeat today I can still see enough about us to continue having an enjoyable season.

We are a work in progress, and today is a minor hiccup. We have a great chance to get back on track next week.

Thecat23
29-09-2012, 01:12 PM
We remain a work in progress. But I remain satisfied that we are working and we are progressing.

Dons were desperate for a win today, disappointing result but we are a million miles further ahead of where I thought we'd be at this stage of the season.

Spot on, after last season i honestly didn't think we would be anywhere near the top end. So for me, it's still a massive well done to Pat and the players for coming on so far in such a short time. We're not going to win every game and top six should still be our target first and foremost. Roll on the next game.

:flag:

500miles
29-09-2012, 01:13 PM
Defeat isn't always a bad thing. Gives the manager more chance to challenge players performances, and find a more balanced first XI.
Just a case of taking the medicine. We're not the finished article, and hopefully we learn more from this defeat than we would from a - not entirely unjustifiable, but fortunate - point.

Pretty Boy
29-09-2012, 01:14 PM
Really is typical Hibs today.

We came through a tricky run of fixtures with a decent number of points then a run of ICT at home, Aberdeeb away and Dundee at home, all games I'd expect us to take something from and we have 1 point from the first 6 available.

Stevie Reid
29-09-2012, 01:14 PM
Kuqi is *****

Based on what?

He played Griffiths in with a good pass and was unlucky not to score, he couldn't have put more power in his effort without directin it off target. Decent contribution in 15 minutes.

He is an intelligent player who will do just fine for us. He'll do even better if he's not written off ridiculously early.

J-C
29-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Unfortunately we have a small squad and when players go off form, we don't have the quality to replace them, Taiwo, Kuqi and McGivern will be pushing their counterparts for a starting place as soon as they get their fitness levels up to scratch.

Franck Stanton
29-09-2012, 01:22 PM
Lets put this in perspective, today we were playing an Aberdeen team that, according to all reports, have been playing very good attacking football. We didn't have one of our better days, whether that be because we weren't up for it/complaicent/an off-day or Aberdeen just got their tactics right and didn't allow us to play to our strengths, - whatever the reason we came away with a narrow defeat , which could easily have been a draw had Kuqi's late effort went in. Not a disaster by any means, just shows where we need to improve and what level we need to attain. Still a lot of work to be done but a lot of improvement on past few seasons. Early days as far as the league is concerned and we have shown that we can and will be competing at the top half of the table and not like the last couple of seasons, just to stay in the league. Never happy with a defeat but sometimes you just have to take it on the chin and admit that, on the day, the better team won. Can't wait til next Sat now, bring on the 'dee. GGTTH [ Oh and fth]

Broken Gnome
29-09-2012, 01:23 PM
Not good, really disappointing, but the league table is now going to have more realistic look about where we are as a team. Today was always going to be difficult, it's not the end of the world as long as we turn up next week and show ourselves to be better than the likes of Dundee.

Patience - it's not always going to work.

soupy
29-09-2012, 01:23 PM
We got beat, never played well, let's hope we can fix the mistakes and move on. It's just a pity hibs probably played their worst game this season apart fi utd for the travelling fans.

Let's hope we can make it up in the next match, its still early doors in the season.

GGTTH

SMAXXA
29-09-2012, 01:25 PM
Kuqi is *****

Don't be datf, give the guy a chance man. He's ***** on what basis? On the 30 mins you've seen him play in the spl do far? Over the top imo

LeighLoyal
29-09-2012, 01:25 PM
Pretty rotten display, made the Sheep look good. :rolleyes:

lucky
29-09-2012, 01:27 PM
Don't know how many posters were there but it was blowing a gale as such impossible to play decent football. Both teams poor but were better with the wind at there backs

Bishop Hibee
29-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Poor today. Lost the midfield battle with Deegan poor and Cairney having his worst game. Doyle, Griffiths and Williams were the only starters to get pass marks from me today.

Plus points were that McGivern looked decent and looks to get forward more than Maybury and Handling looked like he'd give us something different in a wide position. First time this season we've had a ref who gave more decisions for us than against and we still lost. As I've said before, I expect two steps forward and one back this season.

LeighLoyal
29-09-2012, 01:30 PM
I'd keep in McGivern. Maybury doesn't do it for me.

blackpoolhibs
29-09-2012, 01:32 PM
We did not play particularly well, but both goals conceded were avoidable and should have been. I thought Kuqi should have been on earlier, it was apparent we were playing it longer and missing the midfield out, and he did ok when coming on, probably should have sneaked us a draw.

Although in all fairness we got what we deserved today, if you defend as badly as we did you are always liable to lose goals.

allezsauzee
29-09-2012, 01:33 PM
Not a great day for us, but maybe a reality check and that brillliant strike should help Eoin's confidence no end.

fatbloke
29-09-2012, 01:35 PM

You are joking aren't you?

Alex Trager
29-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Thought the needless lump up the park all game was dross tactics. Felt they were far too tall at the back. And were clueless when we drove at them through the centre like McPake

Hibees07
29-09-2012, 01:38 PM
Normal service resumed?.

Sir David Gray
29-09-2012, 01:39 PM
I think today is a wee bit of a wake up call for some people.

For the past few weeks, everyone's been really excited and thinking that we're potentially going to do this, that and the next thing but a performance like today will hopefully put a bit of reality back into things.

We are still a very long way from being a consistently good side, we have next to no depth to the squad and struggle to bring any quality or experience off the bench. We have a fairly solid starting XI on the pitch now and it's night and day compared with last season but it's going to be difficult having to rely on the same players playing every single match for the whole season.

We were extremely poor today, got exactly as we deserved and if we had had competent officials in charge of things today, we would have played the majority of the match with 10 men and would have given away a penalty that would probably have lead to us conceding at least another goal.

What's also quite worrying, for me at least, is how frequently we are losing goals. That's us lost 12 now in 8 league games and it's the second worst defensive record in the league so far.

The first goal was really poor stuff by Hanlon who got bullied by Vernon, he's got to be a lot stronger as a centre half in those sorts of situations and he's got previous in similar circumstances as well. He's needing to be more aggressive and toughen up.

The second was also avoidable so it's really disappointing that we're losing goals like that.

Hopefully this can be the kick up the backside that we need and we can get back to winning ways next week against Dundee.

SMAXXA
29-09-2012, 01:45 PM
Poor today. Lost the midfield battle with Deegan poor and Cairney having his worst game. Doyle, Griffiths and Williams were the only starters to get pass marks from me today.

Plus points were that McGivern looked decent and looks to get forward more than Maybury and Handling looked like he'd give us something different in a wide position. First time this season we've had a ref who gave more decisions for us than against and we still lost. As I've said before, I expect two steps forward and one back this season.

Grif wouldn't have got pass markes from me, I thought he was poor. One thing the really stands out for me is the general appreciation of where we are and not many over the top reactions from today.

We were poor and don't think aberdeen were much better, just one of these things

blackpoolhibs
I think today is a wee bit of a wake up call for some people.

For the past few weeks, everyone's been really excited and thinking that we're potentially going to do this, that and the next thing but a performance like today will hopefully put a bit of reality back into things.

We are still a very long way from being a consistently good side, we have next to no depth to the squad and struggle to bring any quality or experience off the bench. We have a fairly solid starting XI on the pitch now and it's night and day compared with last season but it's going to be difficult having to rely on the same players playing every single match for the whole season.

We were extremely poor today, got exactly as we deserved and if we had had competent officials in charge of things today, we would have played the majority of the match with 10 men and would have given away a penalty that would probably have lead to us conceding at least another goal.

What's also quite worrying, for me at least, is how frequently we are losing goals. That's us lost 12 now in 8 league games and it's the second worst defensive record in the league so far.

The first goal was really poor stuff by Hanlon who got bullied by Vernon, he's got to be a lot stronger as a centre half in those sorts of situations and he's got previous in similar circumstances as well. He's needing to be more aggressive and toughen up.

The second was also avoidable so it's really disappointing that we're losing goals like that.

Hopefully this can be the kick up the backside that we need and we can get back to winning ways next week against Dundee.

I must read a different board to you, as i have seen posts happy we are picking up points, but nobody going overboard like you are suggesting?

You are just making that up?

phantomscotsman
Lets put this in perspective, today we were playing an Aberdeen team that, according to all reports, have been playing very good attacking football. We didn't have one of our better days, whether that be because we weren't up for it/complaicent/an off-day or Aberdeen just got their tactics right and didn't allow us to play to our strengths, - whatever the reason we came away with a narrow defeat , which could easily have been a draw had Kuqi's late effort went in. Not a disaster by any means, just shows where we need to improve and what level we need to attain. Still a lot of work to be done but a lot of improvement on past few seasons. Early days as far as the league is concerned and we have shown that we can and will be competing at the top half of the table and not like the last couple of seasons, just to stay in the league. Never happy with a defeat but sometimes you just have to take it on the chin and admit that, on the day, the better team won. Can't wait til next Sat now, bring on the 'dee. GGTTH [ Oh and fth]

I agree with this!!

brydekirk
29-09-2012, 01:48 PM
Mcgivern must start next week, Maybury has cost us 4 points already and was dodgy tge day to say the least.

ozzie
29-09-2012, 01:50 PM
here we go again.

Did anybody really think we had gone from a team fighting relegation to a team that would go on a season long unbeaten run, have 100% performance in every game? we have progressed from last season. we will have good games ,we will have lucky games, we will have unlucky game & we will have shocking games, we just need to learn to limit the latter.
pat has brought in better more committed players, he has not brought in half the barca team.

there were a few players out there today that were off their game, which if it was one at a time would go largely unnoticed but it appeared to be the majority of the midfield & a below par defense.

I still think we will have a much better season than the last couple but we are by no means world beaters or any where near the finished article.

GGTTH :flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Bishop Hibee
29-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Grif wouldn't have got pass markes from me, I thought he was poor. One thing the really stands out for me is the general appreciation of where we are and not many over the top reactions from today.

We were poor and don't think aberdeen were much better, just one of these things

Service to Griffiths was dire. Punts up the pitch. I think we all know we need a creative midfielder and more pace out wide.

Sir David Gray
29-09-2012, 02:04 PM
I must read a different board to you, as i have seen posts happy we are picking up points, but nobody going overboard like you are suggesting?

I've read posts from people talking about European football for next season.

Maybe not "everyone" as I said in my last post but I've certainly seen it mentioned.

Hibercelona
29-09-2012, 02:10 PM
European football isn't out of the question and never should be.

We've had a very poor game today, but i'm sure after a few sore ears, we'll pick ourselves back up again.

Northernhibee
29-09-2012, 02:11 PM
Fairly poor display today but we're going to have games like that here and there, there's still work to do. We were caught out on the wings today, hopefully we'll be able to pick up a new player or two for that in the next couple of transfer windows.

Still some positives today. Sparky didn't look himself today but Eoin Doyle's movement was good and what a strike. Kuqi looked like more of a battering ram today; still not up to pace but could be useful in certain situations. I liked McGivern.

As long as we learn our lessons from today I'll be happy.

basehibby
29-09-2012, 02:15 PM
Seems to me your perceptions of a match are all about expectations really. And there seem to be some on this thread who expected Hibs to just brush Aberdeen aside today!

I wasn't of that opinion and hence am less critical than some about today's performance.

I think that Fenlon decided to persist with the basic line up/stlye that has yielded a decent points tally thus far with two pacy forwards in front of a solid midfield. Aberdeen were going for their first home win of the season and to their credit set out their stall to attack from the start and were in a position to take advantage when the oportunity presented itself early on.

Hibs never looked out of it though and were always a threat going forward - even if Doyle's cracking equaliser was a wee bit out of the blue with Aberdeen having slightly more posession at that stage.

Second half Aberdeen once again dominated posession and it's hard to argue that they didn't deserve their winner. That said, once again Griffiths and Doyle always presented a threat up front, and the onus was always going to be on the side in search of their first home win. After the Dons got their goal Fenlon did take steps to change things though - we were going with something like 4-2-4 towards the end - with Kuqi maybe a touch unlucky not to get a wee bit more on his effort after showing great anticipation to get on the end of a rapid counter attack.

Another positive was a very solid and positive 2nd half from McGivern which will surely up the competition for a starting berth amongst the defence.

All in all an entertaining match which was end to end at times with both sides creating chances. No argument about the result as we rode our luck with at least one Aberdeen penalty shout - we never looked out of it though - always looking capable of stealing the points so I can take some encouragement from that performance - 6/10

JimBHibees
29-09-2012, 02:17 PM

Agree we werent great today however at least there was a bit of spirit about the team. Thought we were poor second half with not enough passing and use of the ball was very poor. Poor goals to lose and personally thought the first one was a foul even though Hanlon was as weak as a kitten. On another day we probably get a draw these things happen. No need for the razor blades just yet.

JimBHibees
29-09-2012, 02:19 PM
Seems to me your perceptions of a match are all about expectations really. And there seem to be some on this thread who expected Hibs to just brush Aberdeen aside today!

I wasn't of that opinion and hence am less critical than some about today's performance.

I think that Fenlon decided to persist with the basic line up/stlye that has yielded a decent points tally thus far with two pacy forwards in front of a solid midfield. Aberdeen were going for their first home win of the season and to their credit set out their stall to attack from the start and were in a position to take advantage when the oportunity presented itself early on.

Hibs never looked out of it though and were always a threat going forward - even if Doyle's cracking equaliser was a wee bit out of the blue with Aberdeen having slightly more posession at that stage.

Second half Aberdeen once again dominated posession and it's hard to argue that they didn't deserve their winner. That said, once again Griffiths and Doyle always presented a threat up front, and the onus was always going to be on the side in search of their first home win. After the Dons got their goal Fenlon did take steps to change things though - we were going with something like 4-2-4 towards the end - with Kuqi maybe a touch unlucky not to get a wee bit more on his effort after showing great anticipation to get on the end of a rapid counter attack.

Another positive was a very solid and positive 2nd half from McGivern which will surely up the competition for a starting berth amongst the defence.

All in all an entertaining match which was end to end at times with both sides creating chances. No argument about the result as we rode our luck with at least one Aberdeen penalty shout - we never looked out of it though - always looking capable of stealing the points so I can take some encouragement from that performance - 6/10

Pretty fair summary IMO.

Tha Cabbage Kid
29-09-2012, 02:20 PM
here we go again.

Did anybody really think we had gone from a team fighting relegation to a team that would go on a season long unbeaten run, have 100% performance in every game? we have progressed from last season. we will have good games ,we will have lucky games, we will have unlucky game & we will have shocking games, we just need to learn to limit the latter.
pat has brought in better more committed players, he has not brought in half the barca team.

there were a few players out there today that were off their game, which if it was one at a time would go largely unnoticed but it appeared to be the majority of the midfield & a below par defense.

I still think we will have a much better season than the last couple but we are by no means world beaters or any where near the finished article.

GGTTH :flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

:top marks: totally agree.

blackpoolhibs
29-09-2012, 02:20 PM
I've read posts from people talking about European football for next season.

Maybe not "everyone" as I said in my last post but I've certainly seen it mentioned.

So everyone has not been going overboard then, thanks for clearing that up.

And whats wrong with people talking about us making european football, would you rather they were talking about relegation?

We are a better team, not great but better. Folk with one eye can see that, and peoples expectations are rightly higher than last season, what can we talk about Falkirk, can you give us a list of doe's and dont's please.

Gatecrasher
29-09-2012, 02:21 PM
Not a good performance by hibs today but not as bad as some make out, and Aberdeen deserve the win but there are some positive things from out side as well, it was always going to be a hard game.

A good chance to get back to winning ways next week

Piqué
29-09-2012, 02:21 PM
Really liked the look of Mark Reynolds today. Never gave our forwards a sniff. Good player.

Hibs7
29-09-2012, 02:29 PM
See in the BBC site Pat says the defence is losing too many goals, glad to see be realizes that and hopefully he can do something about it, liked the look of McGivern.

Ferryhibby
29-09-2012, 02:39 PM
I agree with this!!

me too

im not too bothered about todays result, ive seen enough this season already to suggest wer not goin to be as bad as the last few, we dig more in midfield, pass more, although not today lol, and seem to have a few stand up characters in the team...we were never going to win every game and for as long as i can remember have been putting in poor performances here and there, every team does it, we're on the way up next week will tell us more about the team and how we are able to bounce back after a defeat.

Hiber-nation
29-09-2012, 02:43 PM
Thought the needless lump up the park all game was dross tactics. Felt they were far too tall at the back. And were clueless when we drove at them through the centre like McPake

Yep, all these long balls in what looked like a howling wind were a total waste of time. No-one wanted to take responsibility and the front 2 did very little with what service they got. Defending abysmal for both goals. Not too disappointed as it was definitely coming.

Keith_M
29-09-2012, 02:45 PM
Just logged on and found out the score. Funnily enough, that was my prediction from this morning.

When you add this result to last week's, it is very dissapointing. As I think others have already said, we are still lacking in quality.

Sir David Gray
29-09-2012, 03:19 PM
So everyone has not been going overboard then, thanks for clearing that up.

And whats wrong with people talking about us making european football, would you rather they were talking about relegation?

We are a better team, not great but better. Folk with one eye can see that, and peoples expectations are rightly higher than last season, what can we talk about Falkirk, can you give us a list of doe's and dont's please.

:rolleyes: What's the problem!?

I was only saying that today's performance will hopefully calm down some of the expectations as I feel SOME people have got a wee bit carried away over the past few weeks.

The start's been encouraging but we have a small squad and, for me anyway, European football was never a realistic ambition for this season. If we do get into Europe then fantastic but if we can finish in the top six this year, after the dross we've been subjected to over the past few years, then I'll be quite content.

Of course I wouldn't rather that people were talking about relegation, what kind of question is that? Is there nothing in between European football and relegation then? :confused:

blackpoolhibs
29-09-2012, 03:27 PM
:rolleyes: What's the problem!?

I was only saying that today's performance will hopefully calm down some of the expectations as I feel SOME people have got a wee bit carried away over the past few weeks.

The start's been encouraging but we have a small squad and, for me anyway, European football was never a realistic ambition for this season. If we do get into Europe then fantastic but if we can finish in the top six this year, after the dross we've been subjected to over the past few years, then I'll be quite content.

Of course I wouldn't rather that people were talking about relegation, what kind of question is that? Is there nothing in between European football and relegation then? :confused:

There's the problem, you at first said everyone, which was just not true. Now you appear to have changed your mind, and want us to temper our expectations to what you think they should be, which is a middle of the table finish?

When was the last time you heard folk talk in an excitable way about a mid table finish? Of course some folk will see us sitting 2nd and get round to hoping we can carry that on and finish maybe in a european place. It has been able to do that by finishing 5th in the past, is 5th beyond us?

Speedway
29-09-2012, 03:56 PM
I knew it and Hibs blew it! Everyone suddenly thought we were AC Milan but I wasn't a fan. Nice to log on and have a greet. I hate it when the opposition get beat. Well Fenlon Mcpake, Hanlon and Cairney. We couldn't have done worse if we'd played Matty Fairnie.

Ye got beat, you were hopeless, out of your depth and s***e and now 8 games in I'm a happy hibbie whingin' ma erse off on .net tonight.

matty_f
29-09-2012, 03:58 PM
I knew it and Hibs blew it! Everyone suddenly thought we were AC Milan but I wasn't a fan. Nice to log on and have a greet. I hate it when the opposition get beat. Well Fenlon Mcpake, Hanlon and Cairney. We couldn't have done worse if we'd played Matty Fairnie.

Ye got beat, you were hopeless, out of your depth and s***e and now 8 games in I'm a happy hibbie whingin' ma erse off on .net tonight.

:greengrin

Alfred E Newman
29-09-2012, 04:59 PM

Got to agree. We certainly get stuck in now but the quality of the football is poor. We will pick up points but is hard to watch. Oh for a decent winger.

nonshinyfinish
29-09-2012, 05:09 PM

Great stuff, who knew William McGonagall was a Hibby?

I've heard whispers that Fairnie will be a desperate, scraping-the-barrel loan signing in January. That's as long as he doesn't scupper it with his outrageous wage demands, the big-time Charlie prick! :grr:

matty_f
29-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Great stuff, who knew William McGonagall was a Hibby?

I've heard whispers that Fairnie will be a desperate, scraping-the-barrel loan signing in January. That's as long as he doesn't scupper it with his outrageous wage demands, the big-time Charlie prick! :grr:

It's all for ma mammy!

Alex Trager
29-09-2012, 08:18 PM
Got to agree. We certainly get stuck in now but the quality of the football is poor. We will pick up points but is hard to watch. Oh for a decent winger.

I wouldn't say we even need that. I think the next time we play them we must get at them through the middle. As I said when we went through the middle they were stuck not having a clue what to do. We were so very lacking in midfield everything was getting played over them. He must get them to bring it down onto the deck and play like the first half of last week. The ball was getting humped up to two forwards that were far too small then it was coming straight back down. We may not have a quality midfield but get it down, get them on the training pitch learning how to take a shot themselves once in a while, and get them at the very least driving at teams from the back.

jiggerman
30-09-2012, 07:34 AM
I think this result was on the cards. We have done well so far this season but without being overly convincing. Wehave some quality and will be fine this season, work in progress. More wins to come with defeats s where we battle but lose out. A considerable change from last season!

Greendub
30-09-2012, 08:43 AM
I'm just about to watch it back, something tells me doyles goal was the only decent bit of hibs play

BoltonHibee
30-09-2012, 08:52 AM
I'm just about to watch it back, something tells me doyles goal was the only decent bit of hibs play

Not the only decent bit. We completely dominated the game and played some decent football in the first two minutes.