PDA

View Full Version : Yellow third kit and other Hibs clothing

Hibernia&Alba
28-09-2012, 10:54 PM
Sorry if this has been discussed, but how often will the new mustard coloured third kit be worn by the team? I really like it; I like to see Hibs play in yellow for the change strip, but I can't help but feel the new 'limited edition' kit is nothing more than a moneyspinning exercise, and for that reason I won't buy it.

Then there's the dreadful training/leisure ranges this season. Just one idea of an item I would buy: How about a bottle green Puma tracksuit top ( to coincide with this season's strip ) that has Hibernian FC written on the back in big letters? I have a very similar Ireland rugby Puma tracksuit top that looks absolutely great, and Celtic seem capable of such a design from Nike.

I think we could do so much more improve the range available to fans, which at the same time would generate more money for the club. This season's designs in the club store are terrible, IMHO, and it wouldn't take a fashion genius to improve things in a big way.

Hibee_Dave
29-09-2012, 05:45 AM
Totally agree with you but I think we're seeing the limitations of the kind of deal we have with Genesis Sports (not actually puma - just the puma licensee for the UK). Not only is the training gear absolutely rubbish, it's the exact same as every other team with a similar 'puma' deal with a few minor differences in colour. If you think it looks bad, it feels even worse. It's cheap looking and a club like Hibs should be looking to produce and sell better gear.

I remember a few years back there was a really smart green LCS track top that the subs were using and IIRC it sold out pretty fast because it looked really cool and was definitely a Hibs product rather than some generic guff.

The demand is there from the ever sartorially sharp Hibees!

PS Despite the puma deal seeming crap, this years kits are the best for a long time and I don't see anyone else wearing anything similar which is nice (with the exception of the third kit)

Piqué
29-09-2012, 07:46 AM
Track top is exactly what I've been wishing for. Hopefully next year when the puma deal runs out and we get a new supplier.

cocopops1875
29-09-2012, 08:11 AM
The thing is that for clubs our size Bespoke Deals with Major manufacturers just dont happen these days, the Puma/Genisis deal would have been the best deal available at the time and some of the training gear 1st season was decent but the last 2 seasons have been poor, no real fault of hibs but Navy blue training gear is something i hate for Hibs (i prefer black/green but assume it shouldnt clash with the playing kit). I doubt the new deal will be any better TBH so we get Adidas/Nike and end up with a template design and same training gear as everyone else or we get a LCS/Joma and look like a sunday league team (i didnt mind LCS but dont think they are doing much in football now). I have liked the Puma Kits but its all opinions i Guess :thumbsup:

HIBERNIAN-0762
29-09-2012, 09:07 AM
I would like to see more exotic makes likes Kappa come us with a deal, our strips in general are dull compared to ones in other European leagues.

cocopops1875
29-09-2012, 11:06 AM
I would like to see more exotic makes likes Kappa come us with a deal, our strips in general are dull compared to ones in other European leagues.

Are Kappa not noted for the use of very very tight shirts ? That wouldn't work as my body is, em how will I put this ? too desirable :-)