PDA

View Full Version : NHC Steve Kean 'resigns'

StarMan10
28-09-2012, 08:08 PM
See Steve Kean has finally parted ways with Blackburn. Whilst i don't think he's the best manager he was nowhere near as bad as the fans made him out to be. Some of the stuff he's had to put up with is a disgrace imo.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19766783 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19766783)

down-the-slope
28-09-2012, 08:11 PM
pretty poor the way he has been treated..

Be careful what you wish for

blaikie
28-09-2012, 09:30 PM
Hope the *******s get CC!

McKenzie
28-09-2012, 09:33 PM
One defeat this season, top of the league. Can't complain with the job he's done this season. **** blackburn

lucky
28-09-2012, 09:35 PM
Blackburn fans never liked him from day one. But it does look harsh on Kean.

LeighLoyal
28-09-2012, 09:38 PM
One defeat this season, top of the league. Can't complain with the job he's done this season. **** blackburn

The numpties wouldn't get off his back. No doubt Coyle will be next if he doesn't have Bolton up there by Christmas.

SteveHFC
28-09-2012, 09:43 PM
Next Hibs Manager? :devil:

Sir David Gray
28-09-2012, 09:45 PM
The way that the fans treated him last year was disgusting and I felt he should have walked away back then, for his own safety if nothing else, as some of the behaviour towards him was bordering on being illegal.

Some of the comments this season from the owners have been ridiculous as well, such as the one before the season had even started when they came out publicly and said he would be sacked if Blackburn lost 3 games in a row.

If I'm being honest, I don't really know how good a manager Steve Kean really is, his record last season was awful but who knows how much of that may have been down to the endless abuse that he was receiving from the fans and those within the boardroom.

It can't be easy to work under those sorts of conditions.

He seems a really decent person from what I have seen of him so I wish him all the best and hope he can make a success of being a manager.

steakbake
28-09-2012, 09:46 PM
Blackburn fans never liked him from day one. But it does look harsh on Kean.

He had an impossible job to take on after Big Sam went.

You cannot fault the guy for his perseverance. Many would have walked away ages ago.

frazeHFC
28-09-2012, 09:48 PM
Horrible fans, they deserve worse than Kean. Hope they don't come back up.

Jonnyboy
28-09-2012, 09:50 PM
Football, as they say, is a funny old game. Last season was a nightmare for Blackburn but despite the aggressive campaigning of the fans the Venky's kept SK in post. Blackburn were relegated and still they stood by him. Now they're doing ok and winning the owners basically force him out

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-09-2012, 10:26 PM
Even if Blackburn had won all their games 5 or 6 nil and played total football, he still was destined for the hook, as the fans never forgave him for not keeping them up. Big opportunity for whoever comes in I suppose, but deep down I can't help but think that they have a fair conceit of themselves. Sky money is sustaining clubs beyond their means, but Blackburn were the first to do this with Jack Walker's money, that bought them the title and bought them the name of a big club. Now everyone is at it.

Johnny0762
28-09-2012, 11:03 PM
Craig Levein to Blackburn. Bye Craig. :aok:

Hibernia&Alba
28-09-2012, 11:10 PM
Some of the abuse he has taken from Rovers fans went too far, and the Venkys mouthpiece who said he would be sacked if he lost three games in a row was a complete tool. His departure has been nailed on for months becuase he has been consistently underminded by others, which has made the club look ridiculous.

Sir David Gray
28-09-2012, 11:34 PM

Not sure if Jordan Rhodes would like that too much, considering Levein's comments about him recently.

Johnny0762
28-09-2012, 11:54 PM
Not sure if Jordan Rhodes would like that too much, considering Levein's comments about him recently.

Rhodes would be sold at the first available.

iwasthere1972
28-09-2012, 11:59 PM
He's better off out of it. Fans were on his back from day one and I'm surprised that he stayed so long without losing his dignity. The time to sack him should have been on relegation day last season and not just a few games into a new season.

Hope they get relegated to division 1 or even worse get CC as their next manager.

AlbertK86
29-09-2012, 12:07 AM
Lets not forget he went behind big sam's back , telling Venkys to get rid of Sam and he would bring them success

Yep treated badly but he stabbed big Sam deep in the back

zlatan
29-09-2012, 01:24 AM
Folk thought we were mad for getting rid of Yogi given the previous season but we (well the majority) knew his time was up. Blackburn fans will know better than us outsiders about him.

It's a nonsense the squad he had last year got relegated.

Alex Trager
29-09-2012, 05:58 AM

Would be a decent signing. For Scotland...

weonlywon6-2
29-09-2012, 08:55 AM
Horrible fans, they deserve worse than Kean. Hope they don't come back up.

totally agree with you, they have never accepted him from day one,hope they suffer

darwenhibby
29-09-2012, 10:24 AM
totally agree with you, they have never accepted him from day one,hope they suffer

They never accepted him. None one round here wanted him in the first place. He stabbed Sam in the back. Venkys are joke. The walker family took the money and ran. Old jack walker would be turning in his grave. They have huge debts. It was a bit like the gorge mob with calderwood in charge!

Lee0762
01-10-2012, 07:15 AM
The Blackburn fans are a disgrace to there club. The same with the way Villa treated mcleish a wee while back. These english fans really do think they are the best in the world who are entitled to the best. You are Blackburn effin Rovers for sake.