PDA

View Full Version : Hall of Fame Voting? (merged)

3pm
06-09-2012, 06:08 PM
Anybody who know who is involved in picking the fab 4?!

Billy Whizz
06-09-2012, 08:43 PM

Don't know, but think Sauzee has a chance of being included in the hall of fame?

S.sct
06-09-2012, 09:18 PM
Was it not Eric Griffiths ;-)

DaveF
06-09-2012, 09:31 PM
From the 90s it has to be Keith Wright. A goal in every round of the league cup run is worthy of inclusion on it's own.

3pm
06-09-2012, 09:31 PM
Don't know, but think Sauzee has a chance of being included in the hall of fame?

Must have a chance.

I suppose it depends on criteria but names that spring to mind are Franck, Collins, Riordan, Turnbulls Tornadoes, Willie Hamilton. Must be plenty others....

Jonnyboy
06-09-2012, 09:34 PM
Tom Hart and Tommy Younger would be on my list :agree:

3pm
06-09-2012, 09:36 PM
Tom Hart and Tommy Younger would be on my list :agree:

That's only cos you were at school with them!!!! :o)

Jonnyboy
06-09-2012, 09:39 PM
That's only cos you were at school with them!!!! :o)

Correct. I was their teacher :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
06-09-2012, 10:17 PM

Well if it's folk from another thread on here, McPake is a cert to be included :wink:
:greengrin

Tricla
06-09-2012, 10:51 PM
Famous funf?

SmokieJoe
07-09-2012, 08:31 AM
Forgive me if he is already in the hall of fame :tin hat: on, but Pat Mcginlay is a ledgend. An outstanding player, great goal ratio fo a CM, could play almost anywhere on the pitch. But the icing on the cake was his horizontal 2 footed tackle on Gary Locke? right at the tunnel, straight red for it (think he'd already been booked that game) against the Yams. A realy bad day at the office for us, got humped 4-1 i think?

I've trolled the likes of youtube etc for 'that tackle' and cant find it anywhere. If anyone can find it and post a link, it'd make me a happy bunny to see it again.

P.S. Mickey Weir from that era also, Mickey Weir 007 'licence to skin'

green glory
07-09-2012, 08:56 AM
Neil Orr and Jimmy Boco.

RickyS
07-09-2012, 09:01 AM
Forgive me if he is already in the hall of fame :tin hat: on, but Pat Mcginlay is a ledgend. An outstanding player, great goal ratio fo a CM, could play almost anywhere on the pitch. But the icing on the cake was his horizontal 2 footed tackle on Gary Locke? right at the tunnel, straight red for it (think he'd already been booked that game) against the Yams. A realy bad day at the office for us, got humped 4-1 i think?

I've trolled the likes of youtube etc for 'that tackle' and cant find it anywhere. If anyone can find it and post a link, it'd make me a happy bunny to see it again.

P.S. Mickey Weir from that era also, Mickey Weir 007 'licence to skin'

a cert surely

Mikey
15-09-2012, 11:50 AM
I'm in BTG just now and there's a voting form on the tables. The 4 players you can vote for are Gordon Hunter, Darren Jackson, Mickey Weir and Keith Wright.

I'm not convinced Jackson should even be in that list, not least because he played for Hearts. The other three are all worthy of a vote though.

whereswallace?
15-09-2012, 11:57 AM
I'm in BTG just now and there's a voting form on the tables. The 4 players you can vote for are Gordon Hunter, Darren Jackson, Mickey Weir and Keith Wright.

I'm not convinced Jackson should even be in that list, not least because he played for Hearts. The other three are all worthy of a vote though.

Would be my choice.

YehButNoBut
18-09-2012, 03:07 PM
3 new additions to the Hibs Hall of Fame.

Jimmy was always one of my favourite players when I started watching Hibs and commented “It’s like a dream come true for me. Words cannot describe how much it means to me." so obviously still has great affection for the club.

I was never sure about Roughie when he first came to Hibs but he turned out to be a great signing, and can't remember much about Eric.

Anyone know how many & who are already in the Hibs Hall of Fame?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A3FRg4GCYAAvVI5.jpg

"A Swarm of Legendary Hibees! Hall of Fame inductees Jimmy O'Rourke, Alan Rough and Eric Stevenson"

micka_weer
18-09-2012, 10:57 PM
Hope this works

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120905/hall-of-fame_2262950_2911452

Try that :-)

frazeHFC
18-09-2012, 11:11 PM
:thumbsup:

Would be good on the hibs site if they had a wall of fame page, with a picture and short story about each player, mainly for the younger generation like me who don't know much about them.

ronaldo7
19-09-2012, 07:06 AM

Would be good on the hibs site if they had a wall of fame page, with a picture and short story about each player, mainly for the younger generation like me who don't know much about them.

Good Idea. Maybe one of your guys could mention it when you have your next meeting with the club.:aok:

YehButNoBut
19-09-2012, 09:45 AM
More info on this in todays Scotsman and there is a 5th spot up for grabs and Hibs supporters are asked to vote for either Gordon Hunter, Darren Jackson, Keith Wright or Mickey Weir to represent the 1990s era. The quintet will join the likes of Michael Whelahan, Pat Stanton, every member of the lauded Famous Five forward line, Joe Baker and Sir Tom Farmer, who were in 
the first batch of Hall of Fame inductees back in 2010.

Not sure who I would pick out of that 4 for the 90's put would probably opt for Mickey Weir.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/alan-rough-eric-stevenson-and-jimmy-o-rourke-for-hibs-hall-of-fame-1-2534524

Pretty Boy
19-09-2012, 09:53 AM
More info on this in todays Scotsman and there is a 5th spot up for grabs and Hibs supporters are asked to vote for either Gordon Hunter, Darren Jackson, Keith Wright or Mickey Weir to represent the 1990s era. The quintet will join the likes of Michael Whelahan, Pat Stanton, every member of the lauded Famous Five forward line, Joe Baker and Sir Tom Farmer, who were in 

Not sure who I would pick out of that 4 for the 90's put would probably opt for Mickey Weir.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/alan-rough-eric-stevenson-and-jimmy-o-rourke-for-hibs-hall-of-fame-1-2534524

Tough choice for the 90s. A case could be made for all of them.

Has to be Keith Keith Keith for me though. A goal in every round of arguably the most emotional cup win in our history.

Phil MaGlass
19-09-2012, 10:33 AM
I think keith, Keith Keith just edges it a bit, never forget the semi final against the buns and that header, I can still see it as clear as day.Also the playoffs against Airdrie.

deekster
19-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Has to be wee Mickey Weir for me:not worth

Always got my bum of my seat ( even though i was standing on the terracing but you know what i mean ) when he had the ball at his feet running at some poor fullback ripping them up arse paper.

allezsauzee
19-09-2012, 12:01 PM
Got to be Geebsie for me although I thought they were all quality players for us. he was one of my heroes when I started watching Hibs, used to love how he could dish out some brutality to the likes of McCoist, McAvennie and Frank McGarvey and get away with it.:hibees

Capt Mainwaring
19-09-2012, 07:08 PM
Keith Wright for me

Just recall that magical feeling when he went through on Andy Rhodes and passed it into the net to win us the 91 League Cup Final :thumbsup:

Saorsa
19-09-2012, 07:13 PM

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/alan-rough-eric-stevenson-and-jimmy-o-rourke-for-hibs-hall-of-fame-1-2534524I voted the other week and he got my vote :agree: very tough choice between him and Keith, Keith, Keith

nonshinyfinish
19-09-2012, 07:13 PM

Good idea. :agree:

Mickey Weir.

Stantons Angel
27-09-2012, 07:03 PM
I'm just wondering who everyone will be voting for in the Hibs' hall of fame poll to select an entrant for the '90s to be celebrated in the HIBERNIAN Hall of FAME?

Personally I feel this is quite a difficult choice to make as we have our own favorites, mine being wee Mickey!
To me he typified everything i looked for in a Hibs player. The grit, the determination, not to mention the sheer skill the wee man had and the love for the jersey he proudly wore. Though he wasn't very tall he had the heart of a lion and the guile to match.

On his day he was a joy to watch as he weaved his way here, there, and everywhere. The '91 cup final saw him at his very best.

It would be interesting to hear who you think should get the nod?

Saorsa
27-09-2012, 07:14 PM
I voted for Mickey Weir

Eric
29-09-2012, 03:39 PM

I've been working through the Official Website on behalf of the LWT Communications Group and have found a link to the Hibernian Historical Trust Website which contains a Hall of Fame page listing the 2010 inductees exactly as you suggested:

http://www.hibshistoricaltrust.org.uk/HHT/HallOfFame/inductees2010.html

I agree that there should be a Hall of Fame section in the Official Website and will be recommending this to the LWT Communications Group.:thumbsup: