PDA

View Full Version : The team from a year ago

Northernhibee
27-09-2012, 01:13 PM
Picking the team from September last year that drew 0-0 with Aberdeen at ER, thought I'd bring it up for a bit of comparison.

Stack
Towell O'Hanlon Hanlon Murray
Sproule Palsson Osbourne Scott
O'Connor Agogo

Subs: Brown, Booth, Stephens, Wotherspoon, Galbraith, Sodje, Griffiths

Compare it with a possible line-up for Saturday

Williams
Clancy McPake Hanlon Maybury
Wotherspoon Deegan Claros Cairney
Griffiths Doyle

Subs: Antell, McGivern, Taiwo, Stevenson, Sproule, Caldwell, Kuqi

Going from the starting elevens alone only one player has retained their first team status (Hanlon). Of Calderwoods team, thirteen players have now left the club or are out on loan. Two substitutes are now regular first team starters.

Above all else, it's scary how bad a team Calderwoods was and pleasing to see how much progress has been made. That CM combination of Palsson and Osbourne was horrendous, the defence dire as well. I can't remember Agogo doing anything worthwhile in a Hibs shirt, even his goal was pretty much handed to him on a plate.

Treadstone
27-09-2012, 01:25 PM
Good point . The difference is like night and day . Fenlon still has a lot of work to do but is going in the right direction . Some of Pats signings have been poor (but before you jump down my throat) but some have been very good .

Northernhibee
27-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Good point . The difference is like night and day . Fenlon still has a lot of work to do but is going in the right direction . Some of Pats signings have been poor (but before you jump down my throat) but some have been very good .

Nah, I agree. Last season some of his signings (Soares for example) were the wrong choice and of this new lot there's nobody I'm going to write off just yet.

Twa Cairpets
27-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Picking the team from September last year that drew 0-0 with Aberdeen at ER, thought I'd bring it up for a bit of comparison.

Stack
Towell O'Hanlon Hanlon Murray

Sproule Palsson Osbourne Scott
O'Connor Agogo

Subs: Brown, Booth, Stephens, Wotherspoon, Galbraith, Sodje, Griffiths

Compare it with a possible line-up for Saturday

Williams
Clancy McPake Hanlon Maybury
Wotherspoon Deegan Claros Cairney
Griffiths Doyle

Subs: Antell, McGivern, Taiwo, Stevenson, Sproule, Caldwell, Kuqi

Going from the starting elevens alone only one player has retained their first team status (Hanlon). Of Calderwoods team, thirteen players have now left the club and are out on loan. Two substitutes are now regular first team starters.

Above all else, it's scary how bad a team Calderwoods was and pleasing to see how much progress has been made.

You know, I had totally, completely and utterly forgotten about Osbourne

Northernhibee
27-09-2012, 02:04 PM
Thought I would add a team from September 2010 according to the BBC website; again a very poor team. Three players remain at the club and only two are really getting any kind of game time.

Brown
Hart Bamba Dickoh Grounds
De Graaf McBride(c) Wotherspoon Miller
Nish Riordan

Subs: Smith, Hogg, Murray, Thicot, Hanlon, Rankin, Galbraith

sbell1875
27-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Thought I would add a team from September 2010 according to the BBC website; again a very poor team. Three players remain at the club and only two are really getting any kind of game time.

Brown
Nish Riordan

Is it just me or does anyone else think this team wasn't actually that bad?!

Piqué
27-09-2012, 04:48 PM
It's not terrible but at the same time I don't think any of them would make it into our current first team, possibly Bamba being the exception.

yeezus.
27-09-2012, 05:00 PM
Night and day. Cant wait for the morn ggtth

Postman
27-09-2012, 05:26 PM
It's not terrible but at the same time I don't think any of them would make it into our current first team, possibly Bamba being the exception.

Bamba would definitely get in our current team

DAVE1875
27-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Above all else, it's scary how bad a team Calderwoods was and pleasing to see how much progress has been made. That CM combination of Palsson and Osbourne was horrendous, the defence dire as well. I can't remember Agogo doing anything worthwhile in a Hibs shirt, even his goal was pretty much handed to him on a plate.

Was just about to say, his goal was basically the only thing he did, kinda explains why he was released after just 14 appearences.

Of all the players Calderwood signed that were released, the only one I think we should've kept was Akpo Sodje. Although he would've probably left by now anyway, he's had more clubs than Tiger Woods

cockneymike
27-09-2012, 09:31 PM

Eh, Wotherspoon? :wink:

Owain_1987
27-09-2012, 09:49 PM
Stack (Barnet)
Towell (No Club) O'Hanlon (No Club) Hanlon (Hibs) Murray (No Club)
Sproule (Hibs) Palsson (NEC) Osbourne (Blackpool) Scott (Ross County)
O'Connor (Tom Tomsk) Agogo (No Club)

Subs: Brown (Ross County), Booth (Livingstone), Stephens (Barnet), Wotherspoon (Hibs), Galbraith (Hibs), Sodje (Preston), Griffiths (Hibs)

Just to show you how those players have gone since then I have put the team they are at now in brackets, ones in italics are on loan. So well apart from Osbourne you can not say any of them have gone on to better things. Shows how right we where to boot them.

.Sean.
27-09-2012, 09:53 PM
Those sides infuriate me. The Calderwood era, and the sheer apathy I had for all things Hibs due to that uninspiring, disinterested ****, makes me sick.

Calderwood deserves the electric chair.

--------
27-09-2012, 10:00 PM
You know, I had totally, completely and utterly forgotten about Osbourne

Who? :confused:

Sir David Gray
27-09-2012, 10:47 PM

It's just you.

Reading that line up will be giving me nightmares when I finally go to bed tonight.

Hart, Dickoh, Grounds and de Graaf... :faint:

500miles
28-09-2012, 06:47 AM

Brown
Nish Riordan

Terrible fullbacks, a midfield you could stroll past with the ball, and a mismatched forward line of can't run, won't run, but established scoring records.
Tell you what though, 4 decent centre half options. Always thought we were a bit harsh on Dickot, and he was improving with time, as he became more assertive.

Stevie Reid
28-09-2012, 03:18 PM
The mere mention of Calderwood's name fills me with anger, and I resent the fact that he has walked into two such high profile jobs after the horrendous job that he did here, and treating our club and us fans in such a transparently disrespectful fashion. Yogi left us in a mess but at least we had some good times with him and, most importantly, he always had the best interests of the club at heart, despite his many mistakes.

Had Calderwood somehow come here with a remit to deliberately do as badly as possible, I can barely imagine it could have gone any worse.

frazeHFC
28-09-2012, 05:26 PM
I actually burst out laughing reading the team from last year. From O'Hanlon to McPake, and Agogo to Griffiths, we might just have improved a bit! :greengrin

Northernhibee
28-09-2012, 06:00 PM
I actually burst out laughing reading the team from last year. From O'Hanlon to McPake, and Agogo to Griffiths, we might just have improved a bit! :greengrin

What's worse is Calamity decided to start Agogo instead of Sparky...

hibs supporter
28-09-2012, 07:52 PM
Those sides infuriate me. The Calderwood era, and the sheer apathy I had for all things Hibs due to that uninspiring, disinterested ****, makes me sick.

Calderwood deserves the electric chair.
exactly i am actually looking forward to going to hibs games this year