PDA

View Full Version : NHC Scotland away double header

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-09-2012, 10:35 AM
Anyone else getting involved?

I'm giving Cardiff a miss, but, flying to Charleroi on the am of 15/10 and returning to Edinburgh on the Thursday, then down to East London on the Saturday for The Hammers game, happy days!

Thecat23
27-09-2012, 10:41 AM
HH have you got tickets for the Belgium game? Just I may be able to get 2 free ones. I won't be using them so happy to give them to a fellow Hibby :agree:

Hibbyradge
27-09-2012, 11:07 AM
I hopie we lose both games so we get a quick exit rather than the death by a thousand cuts we have usually to suffer.

Treachery? No, just realism.

Levein has already ensured we can't qualify, so let's get it over with and consign yet another failed campaign, and more importantly Levein himself, to the flames.

A new, ambitious manager won't want to pick up the reigns of a dead team so early, lest he be prematurely judged, (someone might, but I doubt anyone we'd be happy with would) so an interim appointment should be made until we've only 2 or 3 qualifiers remaining.

BigKev
27-09-2012, 11:10 AM
You on the early morning flight to Charleroi HH? 3 of us are on it as well. Got a bus heading to Cardiff as well.... One seat left if anyone fancies it!!

Brummie_Hibs
27-09-2012, 11:27 AM
Going to both, and for my sins, I'm also booked up for Luxembourg in November and Serbia in March.

I can't say I'm looking forward to the double header coming up - we are dire under Levein.

Owain_1987
27-09-2012, 11:43 AM
Going to both, and for my sins, I'm also booked up for Luxembourg in November and Serbia in March.

I can't say I'm looking forward to the double header coming up - we are dire under Levein.

I went to Serbia with Wales it was a lot of fun and very cheap it was very hot also, shame will be a bit cooler in March. We had a very large police presence around us so be prepared for that. We played a fans game with some locals and had more police at the game than there where players.

soupy
27-09-2012, 12:05 PM
Off to cardiff, and I cany wait, although attending the match might spoil my trip :-)

Phil MaGlass
27-09-2012, 12:12 PM
I stopped going when Levein took over and stopped my Travel Club membership, cant handle it anymore and every time I see his smug ****ing face on the telly I just want to put a glass through it(the telly). Now spending my cash on the rugby(six nations) and coming back for Hibs games. **** Levein, he has kicked the **** out of the national team, clueless arrogant ******** and I cant part with any money to support this dong.
Hopefully he will be given the heave ho and I can renew my membership, anyhoos, enjoy the trips lads.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-09-2012, 12:16 PM
HH have you got tickets for the Belgium game? Just I may be able to get 2 free ones. I won't be using them so happy to give them to a fellow Hibby :agree:

PM sent!

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-09-2012, 12:19 PM
You on the early morning flight to Charleroi HH? 3 of us are on it as well. Got a bus heading to Cardiff as well.... One seat left if anyone fancies it!!

Aye, 0645 Ryanair flight, flying back to Manc on Wed night, overnight stay in Preston, then, 1700 train back up on Thurs.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-09-2012, 12:24 PM
I went to Serbia with Wales it was a lot of fun and very cheap it was very hot also, shame will be a bit cooler in March. We had a very large police presence around us so be prepared for that. We played a fans game with some locals and had more police at the game than there where players.

Stopped off in Belgrade on the way to and from Skopje in Sep '09, brilliant place! Some of the sights in the clubs on the riverboats were something that will never be forgotten! :-o

A bit like The River Palace in Kiev, only better, for whoever made it there.

BigKev
27-09-2012, 12:40 PM
Aye, 0645 Ryanair flight, flying back to Manc on Wed night, overnight stay in Preston, then, 1700 train back up on Thurs.

We're flying back via Memmingen on the Wednesday morning... half 5 train to Charelroi... looks like it'll be an all nighter :greengrin

Catch you in the Wetherspoon's for breakfast :party:

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-09-2012, 01:17 PM
Catch you in the Wetherspoon's for breakfast :party:

Will it be open?

If you are looking for somewhere open late in Brussels, Celtica, near Grand Place is open until 0500, €2 a pint happy hour from 1300-0000!

BouncerRoss will be able to confirm this for you!

SouthamptonHibs
27-09-2012, 06:10 PM
Will it be open?

If you are looking for somewhere open late in Brussels, Celtica, near Grand Place is open until 0500, €2 a pint happy hour from 1300-0000!

BouncerRoss will be able to confirm this for you!

Im off to Cardiff cannae wait. First Scotland away game hail hail

c31
27-09-2012, 07:40 PM
edin-bham-cardiff

then

cardiff-amsterdam-brussells-edinburgh

canny wait always great trips

Bristolhibby
27-09-2012, 09:02 PM
Getting the train from Bath to Cardiff on the Friday morning. Back on the last train to Bristol then taxi back to Bath.

Mentally, going bungee jumping at Bristol harbour side on the Sunday, then flying from Heathrow to Brussles on the Monday. Back Wednesday afternoon.

Games will be pish as usual. Looking forward to the days on the pish and the good craic with the TA and the locals.

J

Frazerbob
28-09-2012, 07:31 AM
Planes, trains and automobiles for this one!

Aberdeen - Edinburgh by train
Edinburgh - Bristol by plane
Bristol - Cardiff by mini-bus
Cardiff - London by train
London - Brussels by Esurostar
Brussels - Aberdeen by plane

See you all in Chip Ally around 3am on the Friday!

bathhibby
28-09-2012, 07:48 AM
doing the same trip as Bristol Hibby
Are you mad ? doing a Bundgy Jump the day after Cardiff ?
You normally cant bite your nails - standing by for a mega pile of spew

Bristolhibby
28-09-2012, 10:28 AM
doing the same trip as Bristol Hibby
Are you mad ? doing a Bundgy Jump the day after Cardiff ?
You normally cant bite your nails - standing by for a mega pile of spew

Bungee jump is on the Sunday. Cardiff is on the Friday.

Saturday = Recovery day

J

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-09-2012, 07:26 AM
Im off to Cardiff cannae wait. First Scotland away game hail hail

These trips can be quite addictive, you've been warned! ;-)

Bostonhibby
29-09-2012, 08:00 AM
Anyone else getting involved?

I'm giving Cardiff a miss, but, flying to Charleroi on the am of 15/10 and returning to Edinburgh on the Thursday, then down to East London on the Saturday for The Hammers game, happy days!

Canne do the double header but 4 of us going to Brussels via Eurostar Monday - back Wednesday - no tickets yet but to be honest the whole Levein business has meant that we are happy to watch it in a bar in Brussels and have the great time you always get with Scotland fans before and after....................

H18sry
29-09-2012, 08:13 AM
The "Church" are flying from Edinburgh to Cardiff on Thursday,then leave on Sat by train to London,night in the big smoke, then Euro tunnel to Brussels on Sunday lunch time, 3 nights in Brussels and fly back home to Edinburgh on Wed afternoon. A great trip spoiled no doubt by the managers negative tactics.

And also off to Luxembourg in November, with Serbia booked for March and Croatia in June being planned as I type :greengrin

:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:s altireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag

Billy Whizz
29-09-2012, 08:29 AM
I would love to have go to have gone to one of these games or both. Been a member of SSC for a number if years but never been able to get any tickets, as I have no away points!!!

H18sry
29-09-2012, 08:52 AM
I would love to have go to have gone to one of these games or both. Been a member of SSC for a number if years but never been able to get any tickets, as I have no away points!!!

You will get tickets for Luxembourg on no points and 6 of the last 10 away games went down to zero pointers :wink:

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football.cfm?page=3142

Frazerbob
29-09-2012, 09:11 AM
You will get tickets for Luxembourg on no points and 6 of the last 10 away games went down to zero pointers :wink:

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football.cfm?page=3142

Which puts to bed this myth that away games are some sort of closed shop and you cant get on the ladder. Some of the away friendlies in cities you would never dream of visiting normally are the best trips.

Frazerbob
29-09-2012, 09:13 AM
These trips can be quite addictive, you've been warned! ;-)

Don't be daft. It's all big feathers, Jimmy hats, urinating in fountains and shortbread tin models flashing the locals, singing Doh a Deer and not giving a toss about the result.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-09-2012, 09:17 AM
Aye, right enough! particularly the mythical Jimmy hats that are rarer than Unicorns at Scotland games!