PDA

View Full Version : A letter from Pat

Loopz
26-09-2012, 09:15 PM
We were having a drink at home on Saturday night after the Kilmarnock game when my 7 year old son surprisingly handed me a letter that he had written for Hibs. It said how much he liked Lee's corner and Ben Williams saves and included pictures of himself and the players. Writing is not something he normally volunteers to do so I sent the letter to Easter Road.
Today we received a very nice letter signed by Pat Fenlon thanking Scott for his effort and encouragement.
Well done Hibs.:flag:

MrSmith
26-09-2012, 09:17 PM
We were having a drink at home on Saturday night after the Kilmarnock game when my 7 year old son surprisingly handed me a letter that he had written for Hibs. It said how much he liked Lee's corner and Ben Williams saves and included pictures of himself and the players. Writing is not something he normally volunteers to do so I sent the letter to Easter Road.
Today we received a very nice letter signed by Pat Fenlon thanking Scott for his effort and encouragement.

That is brilliant, tell your wee fella, well done! And; more like this Hibees, the human touch really does work!

Jonnyboy
26-09-2012, 09:19 PM

Great wee story :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing and well done to your lad and Pat :agree:

matty_f
26-09-2012, 09:34 PM

Nice one! :thumbsup:

Vault Boy
26-09-2012, 09:36 PM
Great to hear! I think Pat is the most likable manager we have had since Collins, by a country mile (in my opinion). The man seems to ooze professionalism, class and passion. :thumbsup:

Hibercelona
26-09-2012, 09:38 PM
Great stuff :thumbsup:

Just goes to show that Pat really does care about the fans of the club if he takes time out to do things like that.

Sometimes its the wee things like that, that can really make all the difference :-)

Johnny0762
26-09-2012, 09:42 PM
Wee things like this help cement the Hibs into young minds forever. Bad Pat. :greengrin:greengrin

:top marks:pfgwa

Northernhibee
26-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Hibs class.

lucky
26-09-2012, 10:16 PM
RP said that Hibs job is not just about football it is a club with a social responsibility. Clearly this ethos now runs through our great club

Hibercelona
26-09-2012, 11:06 PM
Postman Pat. :agree: :greengrin

Pretty Boy
26-09-2012, 11:11 PM

Brilliant story.

Hibs don't always get it right but little stories like this just make me so proud.

Sir David Gray
26-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Never mind the letter, I want to know why you were drinking with a 7 year old boy!

:greengrin

WellingtonHibby
26-09-2012, 11:14 PM
You stay classy. Pat Fenlon

hibee92
27-09-2012, 01:28 AM
Well done Hibs.

Dinkydoo
27-09-2012, 06:51 AM
Nice touch .

Phil D. Rolls
27-09-2012, 07:00 AM
Must be refreshing to receive advice from someone who knows more than some of the miseries that sit in the stands. Good manners, and something that the wee man will remember forever.

Now if that had been Eddie Turnbull..............

FranckSuzy
27-09-2012, 12:38 PM
What a nice touch, with a bit of class thrown in. This thread must have been on my mind last night as I dreamt I was having a meal in a restaurant and was shown into a VIP area through the back to be met by PF, where we discussed all things Hibernian. Oh, and it was a free bar :crazy: :greengrin

iwasthere1972
27-09-2012, 12:42 PM
Postman Pat. :agree: :greengrin

and his big fat cat (Rodders).

Judas Iscariot
27-09-2012, 12:43 PM
Brilliant stuff :thumbsup:

alfie
27-09-2012, 01:23 PM
:tsk tsk: Careful now!

It was exactly this kind of innocent story about a letter to HFC that turned into the now legendary Calendar thread! :greengrin

Albanian Hibs
27-09-2012, 01:52 PM
I love Pat Fenlon (just dont tell my husband)

tamsonsbairn
27-09-2012, 02:16 PM
I love Pat Fenlon (just dont tell my husband)

How much is it worth. I see nothing. :cb :cb.

Albanian Hibs
27-09-2012, 04:25 PM
How much is it worth. I see nothing. :cb :cb.

Shut it Franny! Haha