PDA

View Full Version : Time of posts not showing?

.Sean.
26-09-2012, 04:08 PM
The time (and date) of posts on threads don't seem to be showing for me :confused: Been the same since Monday, anyone else encountered this? Works fine on mobile.

Jack
26-09-2012, 04:10 PM
Me, think its been for longer though.

.Sean.
26-09-2012, 04:11 PM
Me, think its been for longer though.
It could well have been since the end of last week actually mate, I wasn't on my laptop over the weekend. Strange.

Piqué
26-09-2012, 04:12 PM
Mine is working fine, I'm using chrome.

HFC 0-7
26-09-2012, 04:12 PM
The time (and date) of posts on threads don't seem to be showing for me :confused: Been the same since Monday, anyone else encountered this? Works fine on mobile.

Are you on an old version of explorer? it doesnt show on my works verison of explorer but at home on google chrome it works fine.

Golden Bear
26-09-2012, 04:15 PM
It's ok with me (both on Opera and IE7)

R'Albin
26-09-2012, 04:26 PM
Are you using IE? You might have accidentally changed to compatibility view which has this effect I think.

Oh and if you are using IE, change to chrome, much better browser.

Hibercelona
26-09-2012, 04:29 PM
I had this problem in IE when I upgraded to the latest version of Java, even although it worked fine in all my other browsers. :confused:

I would certainly check to make sure that "compatibility mode" isn't turned on.

O'Rourke3
26-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Fine on Safari

.Sean.
26-09-2012, 04:41 PM
Turned off 'Compatability' and all's good. Thanks guys :aok:

Devonhibs
26-09-2012, 06:23 PM
Where is that (Compatability) on IE? COnfused:confused:

Cool_Hand_Luke
26-09-2012, 06:42 PM
Where is that (Compatability) on IE? COnfused:confused:

Its the wee icon that looks like a ripped bit of paper in the address bar :agree:

Prof. Shaggy
26-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Its the wee icon that looks like a ripped bit of paper in the address bar :agree:

HA!
I've not had dates and times for months!
Trying to keep up with the Rangers Admin thread was murder!

That's brilliant now, cheers!

Prof. Shaggy
26-09-2012, 09:57 PM
...AND I've got my wee tune back now!

Sir David Gray
26-09-2012, 10:44 PM
Maybe it's just me but is anyone else having the problem of going onto a thread and having to press the 'refresh' button about two or three times before all the posts will appear?

A lot of the time when I access a thread, the top of the page will be fine and I will see the info from the person who has started the very first post on each page but I don't get the actual post and I can't go any lower than that on the page unless I refresh.

Plus, other times I will get all the posts on the page, except for the very last one, and again I've got to refresh the page a couple of times to get it to appear.

Any ideas or similar experiences? :confused:

iwasthere1972
27-09-2012, 12:47 PM

Been like that for months when viewing at work. Don't have a problem at home maybe because I use Chrome.

Sir David Gray
27-09-2012, 10:49 PM
Maybe it's just me but is anyone else having the problem of going onto a thread and having to press the 'refresh' button about two or three times before all the posts will appear?

A lot of the time when I access a thread, the top of the page will be fine and I will see the info from the person who has started the very first post on each page but I don't get the actual post and I can't go any lower than that on the page unless I refresh.

Plus, other times I will get all the posts on the page, except for the very last one, and again I've got to refresh the page a couple of times to get it to appear.

Just me then? :wink:

Moulin Yarns
28-09-2012, 05:39 AM
Been like that for months when viewing at work. Don't have a problem at home maybe because I use Chrome.

I've been like that at work for months as well (no time of post showing) and I checked to see what version of IE we are using at work.....Internet Explorer 7 :rolleyes:

Talk about keeping up with the times!!

jamieross
28-09-2012, 05:59 AM
Just me then? :wink:

I actually get that sometimes as well. Some times i cant even get on as it takes so long to load the page up. :confused:

James70
28-09-2012, 08:11 AM

I also am experiencing these problems.

RyeSloan
28-09-2012, 02:46 PM
I've been like that at work for months as well (no time of post showing) and I checked to see what version of IE we are using at work.....Internet Explorer 7 :rolleyes:

Talk about keeping up with the times!!

Yup same for me with IE7.

Devonhibs
28-09-2012, 05:39 PM

Many thanks:thumbsup:

WindyMiller
28-09-2012, 05:42 PM
I actually get that sometimes as well. Some times i cant even get on as it takes so long to load the page up. :confused:

Me too.

Makes viewing .net a nightmare.

I don't have this problem with any other site.

Sir David Gray
29-09-2012, 02:14 PM

I also am experiencing these problems.

Me too.

Makes viewing .net a nightmare.

I don't have this problem with any other site.

Interesting.

Does anyone who has some technical knowledge of websites and stuff like that, know of any particular reason why this problem might be happening? :confused:

It's really frustrating and only started happening recently.

s.a.m
29-09-2012, 02:44 PM
Well - I'm not an expert, but I've been told it's to do with Internet Explorer, and to click the compatability button (ripped rectangle on the address bar, as mentioned above). And to change my browser to Chrome, or something else other than IE. There are other problems, like Flash and other features not working. For those, I turn off the Active X filtering (which, on my OS is a circle with a diagonal line through it, next to the compatability button). Or look wahtever it is up on Chrome instead. Either one of these two buttons seems to solve all of my browser problems.

Squealing pig
30-09-2012, 05:02 PM
My clock is an hour slow on site. Quite annoying.

WindyMiller
30-09-2012, 10:33 PM
Well - I'm not an expert, but I've been told it's to do with Internet Explorer, and to click the compatability button (ripped rectangle on the address bar, as mentioned above). And to change my browser to Chrome, or something else other than IE. There are other problems, like Flash and other features not working. For those, I turn off the Active X filtering (which, on my OS is a circle with a diagonal line through it, next to the compatability button). Or look wahtever it is up on Chrome instead. Either one of these two buttons seems to solve all of my browser problems.

I have used Chrome for a few years now.

By searching "chrome://plugins/" Flash player can be disabled but then has to be enabled for us on other sites.

Sir David Gray
30-09-2012, 11:43 PM
I've been using Firefox over the last couple of days and don't seem to be having the problem I described earlier in this thread since then.

An IE problem after all?