PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else gutted

Billy Whizz
25-09-2012, 05:23 PM
That we're out the League Cup. We're running into a bit of form and could have done ok. Oh for a better performance against Queens!

yeezus.
25-09-2012, 05:33 PM
To be fair, Queen of the South are looking good. They knocked Sevco out of the Ramdens Cup and are probably going to win Division 2.

Pretty Boy
25-09-2012, 05:51 PM
I would love to be going to a game tonight.

Queens are a decent side, we took them lightly and got what we deserved.

Tough one to take as the League Cup is wide open.

LeighLoyal
25-09-2012, 05:56 PM
They were too good for Sevco at Mordor so no surprise we fell short with a reserve side. Fenlon should have put out his strongest eleven.

Eyrie
25-09-2012, 06:37 PM
Yes, for the reason you state, but oddly no as well.

I'm fully aware that it's a winnable trophy for us but given how thin our squad is at present there is the consolation that our players will be fresher for the league games.

madabouthibs
25-09-2012, 07:11 PM
For me it signalled the end of O'Hanlon's Hibs career. For that reason alone it was worth taking the hit. :agree:

francobaresi
25-09-2012, 10:23 PM
Not gutted about being out of the cup but hardly delighted either! We can focus on the job in hand which is strengthening and building a confident team to challenge in the league, quite happy to get emptied out the cups if we concentrate and make progress where it matters...

Northernhibee
25-09-2012, 10:42 PM
The major thing is we learned a lesson that night.

Johnny0762
25-09-2012, 10:43 PM
Let's just storm the Scottish. :agree:

Sir David Gray
25-09-2012, 11:25 PM
Of course it's a massive disappointment because, given our record in the Scottish Cup and the fact that Celtic are almost certain to end up winning the league by at least 20 points, it represented our best chance of some silverware this season.

We have done well so far in the league but getting beaten by a second division side can never be accepted at Hibs and we really need to concentrate now and make sure that result and performance is not repeated at any point in this season.

Hibercelona
25-09-2012, 11:54 PM
Of course it's a massive disappointment because, given our record in the Scottish Cup and the fact that Celtic are almost certain to end up winning the league by at least 20 points, it represented our best chance of some silverware this season.

Why though?

The Scottish Cup isn't any harder to win than the League Cup.

I really hope the players aren't sharing the same mentality.

lord bunberry
26-09-2012, 06:19 AM
Not gutted about being out of the cup but hardly delighted either! We can focus on the job in hand which is strengthening and building a confident team to challenge in the league, quite happy to get emptied out the cups if we concentrate and make progress where it matters...

But a decent run in the league cup would have given us some money to strengthen the team

PeterboroHibee
26-09-2012, 12:41 PM
Im annoyed we arent in it and who put us out. QoS are a decent team, but we are still an SPL side, and only 4 changes (no matter how bad the likes of O'Hanlon were) shouldnt have resulted in such a poor performance. I would have rather some of the younger guys came in, as Im sure they would have put in a better performance.

The only benefit that came from that game was O'Hanlon being punted off the back of it. I know they battered us on the first day of the season but the way United are playing at the moment (who QoS played last night), we would have beat them at home imo, and that would have been us into the QF...

Northernhibee
26-09-2012, 01:38 PM
It's shown the team that if you drop your standards even briefly you'll be punished for it. Winning is as much of a habit as losing and PF is having to get them back into the habit of following traits that lead to winning football matches. Two bad results aside this season, he's doing a very good job of it.

Doesn't mean I'm not gutted but I'd rather that we got taught that lesson in such a manner that gives enough time to turn things around.

Scouse Hibee
26-09-2012, 01:45 PM
Gutted, yes that the manager saw fit to play a weakened side in a competition that we should be trying to win.

LancashireHibby
26-09-2012, 01:47 PM
As long as we learn from it then the weakened side was a risk worth taking. Can't say I was particularly chuffed at the time though.

Golden Bear
27-09-2012, 04:19 PM
This news doesn't merit a thread of its own and I really hate admitting it, but in this instance McGlynn is absolutely correct.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19744503

It's seems to be the case that the authorities will get round to making the draw for the next round "sometime" but as thing stand they haven't a clue when sometime will be.

Only in Scotland!