PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen v Hibs - Flags

JIm
25-09-2012, 11:32 AM
Guys

Anywhere to put flags out at Aberdeen? Taking the new East Lothian flag up this weekend which is a fair old size. Not been up to Pittodrie in a while so wondering if theres a section to tie it up? Obviously if its raining it will be staying in its bag.

Cheers :flag:

Chuck Rhoades
25-09-2012, 11:47 AM
There is usually a large block of seats to the right hand-side taped off where you can lay it down. I have done this on the previous two occassions. Can't see us taking enough up to fill that section, so you will be fine.

Northernhibee
25-09-2012, 11:52 AM
A word of warning as well, it's been freezing up here recently so with the section we get at Pittodrie exposed to the North Sea you'll want to wrap up warm.

yeezus.
25-09-2012, 12:13 PM
I got a Stranraer Hibs flag as well. Can't decide whether to bring it or not.

:flag:

yeezus.
25-09-2012, 12:17 PM
My flag is about 9ft. Any help to tie it up would be appreciated.

JIm
25-09-2012, 12:17 PM

More the merrier mate :flag:

yeezus.
25-09-2012, 12:19 PM
More the merrier mate :flag:

Good stuff. Like I say, I'll be on my own and I'll struggle myself to put the thing up it's bigger than I expected.

JIm
25-09-2012, 12:20 PM
Good stuff. Like I say, I'll be on my own and I'll struggle myself to put the thing up it's bigger than I expected.

Sure you'll survive mate, just ask one of the other guys to help you when you get their, ours is over 20ftx10ft so its quite challenging as well.

yeezus.
25-09-2012, 12:45 PM
Sure you'll survive mate, just ask one of the other guys to help you when you get their, ours is over 20ftx10ft so its quite challenging as well.

Aye right enough. I just wasn't sure because I haven't had a flag before.

Golden Bear
25-09-2012, 02:50 PM

Good on you! :aok:

That's a journey and a half -------- Stranraer to Aberdeen in time for a midday kick off. You'll be leaving shortly I guess!

:greengrin

yeezus.
25-09-2012, 02:58 PM
Good on you! :aok:

That's a journey and a half -------- Stranraer to Aberdeen in time for a midday kick off. You'll be leaving shortly I guess!

:greengrin

Cheers :aok:

I live/ed in Aberdeen during term time (was at Uni). I'm leaving Thursday and staying up for a few days - Pittodrie is one of my favourite away days.

rosco-hibee
25-09-2012, 03:04 PM
Looking forward to this one, not been to pittodrie yet. How many hibbies can be expected to make the trip up?

Like I said I've never been to pittodrie, what pub does away support generally go to?

yeezus.
25-09-2012, 03:47 PM
Looking forward to this one, not been to pittodrie yet. How many hibbies can be expected to make the trip up?

Like I said I've never been to pittodrie, what pub does away support generally go to?

I must recommend the St Machar - it's on the High Street.

Some go to the Bobbin - but the pints are terrible and it's full of sheep.

marinello59
25-09-2012, 04:14 PM

The Saltoun Arms on the corner of Frederick Street and Park St is the closest pub on the approach to the away end so there are usually a good few Hibbys in there and an absence of Dons fans.. (It's still a good five minute walk to the ground from there though.)

Pretty Boy
25-09-2012, 04:26 PM
I must recommend the St Machar - it's on the High Street.

Some go to the Bobbin - but the pints are terrible and it's full of sheep.

St Machars a cracking little pub, many an afternoon wasted in there.

Also the Saltoun (I think) is at the away side of the ground, 10 minutes or so to the ground. Usually a mix of home and away fans but mainly away fans, never seen any bother.

Edit - just see M59 beat me to it above.

yeezus.
25-09-2012, 04:31 PM
St Machars a cracking little pub, many an afternoon wasted in there.

Also the Saltoun (I think) is at the away side of the ground, 10 minutes or so to the ground. Usually a mix of home and away fans but mainly away fans, never seen any bother.

Edit - just see M59 beat me to it above.

Same here. The Machar is a bit like a second home for me, the locals are great as is Phil.

rosco-hibee
25-09-2012, 09:17 PM
Nice one lads, i'll head to St Machars before the game.

Looking forward to it.

GGTTH

:pfgwa

Johnny0762
25-09-2012, 11:44 PM

Looking forward to it.

GGTTH

Early kick off though. Unless pubs in Aberdeen open earlier?

yeezus.
26-09-2012, 10:09 AM

Looking forward to it.

GGTTH

I think the Machar opens at 11 on a Saturday.