PDA

View Full Version : New Albums that are "doing it" for you.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Sylar
25-09-2012, 11:00 AM
I've gone a wee while without listening to much in the way of new music, but there's been a spate of album releases I've wanted to check out lately for one reason or another and I've been pleasantly surprised.

Babel - Mumford and Sons: Develops their sound from Sigh No More and really cements them as a success. Great album IMO.

My Head is an Animal - Of Monsters and Men: Didn't know who they were but someone suggested I check out their new album and I like it! Quite different to what I would normally listen to but I thought it was a beautifully composed album and very relaxing.

Dead Silence - Billy Talent: People either love or hate Billy Talent and I'm firmly in the former camp. This album was pretty damned awesome IMO. Been on repeat in my car for a few weeks now!

The 2nd Law - Muse: Can't say this does anything for me. I've been gradually going off Muse in recent years and their last album was a poor effort IMO. This is cringeworthy in places with only a few beacons of hope. Completely lost their hard edge and exceptional riffs which made them the band they are today. Madness and Panic Station are brutal...

StevesFamau5
25-09-2012, 11:12 AM
At the moment...

deadmau5 - album title goes here. Another solid release from le mau5. The stand out tracks are channel 42 with wolfgang gartner and telemiscommunication with imogen hepe.

Tritonal - peircing the quiet (the remixs) texas based trance duo. Some fantastic re-edits but Something New feat Jenry R (Rafeal Frost remix) is a solid anthem...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

PeeJay
25-09-2012, 11:23 AM
Bob Dylan's "Tempest" and Mark Knopfler's "Privateering" - music at its finest....

Hiber-nation
25-09-2012, 11:54 AM
Listening to Band of Horses - Mirage Rock. Don't think its quite as strong as any of their previous albums but it'll do me meantime.

Also enjoying an album called Nothing Bad Will Ever Happen by a band called Dignan Porch. I think the genre is "low-fi"....getting too old to keep up with "genres" :greengrin

Apocalypso
25-09-2012, 04:32 PM
Listening to The National - High Violet just now. It's not new but it's new to me. Beautiful record sung seriously like "It's always raining outside, I'm blue and I'm going to tell you how that feels", in a Leonard Cohen baritone voice.

SteveHFC
25-09-2012, 06:57 PM
The new Killers album is quailty :agree:

Betty Boop
29-09-2012, 04:25 PM
Ma Fleur by Cinematic Orchestra is excellent.

Haymaker
30-09-2012, 02:14 AM
Not "new" but Great Expectations by The Gaslight Anthem is always on my stereo at the moment. Absolutely love it. :agree:

degenerated
30-09-2012, 06:42 PM
Although it came out last year the dwarves - are born again is currently my favourite piece of vinyl. Sleazy punk rock at its very best.

Haymaker
30-09-2012, 06:57 PM
Although it came out last year the dwarves - are born again is currently my favourite piece of vinyl. Sleazy punk rock at its very best.

Love the Dwarves, saw them live at reading a few years back - Amazing.

degenerated
30-09-2012, 08:05 PM
Love the Dwarves, saw them live at reading a few years back - Amazing.

You should check out "radio like you want," it's online or podcasts. It's presented by blag dahlia from the dwarves and another guy mike routhier. Some superb guests every week like jello, electric Frankenstein, antiseen, Zeke, restarts and more. Superb music on it as we'll.

Haymaker
30-09-2012, 08:09 PM
You should check out "radio like you want," it's online or podcasts. It's presented by blag dahlia from the dwarves and another guy mike routhier. Some superb guests every week like jello, electric Frankenstein, antiseen, Zeke, restarts and more. Superb music on it as we'll.

Awesome! Cheers! I would like to point out... I love Zeke too.

nonshinyfinish
18-10-2012, 07:14 PM
I Know What Love Isn't by Jens Lekman and The Plot Against Common Sense by Future Of The Left have both been getting a lot of spins in the Shinyfinish household.

Hiber-nation
18-10-2012, 07:44 PM
Department of Disappearance - new album from Jason Lytle (Grandaddy). Very good.

Also System Preferences by Earlimart. More of the same I suppose but I like it.

blackpoolhibs
20-10-2012, 10:58 AM
Not bought the album, but i'm currently listening to I'm in the mood for dancing, by the Nolans. Great tune. :thumbsup:

Matty_Jack04
30-10-2012, 07:45 AM
Jake bugg's album is a great listen and Calvin Harris 18months is packed full of hits one of the best dance albums Iv heard in a long time

reidy
30-10-2012, 08:32 PM
The new rolling stones album that's coming out in November mainly for there new song doom and gloom is good

Haymaker
13-11-2012, 03:04 AM
It is (defo!) not new... but I am listening to Danzig-era Misfits on repeat at the moment. Nowt but "Where eagles dare", "Last Caress", "Die, Die my Darling" and the like! :agree:

hibsbollah
13-11-2012, 02:09 PM
Johnny Marrs 'The Messenger' isn't released until January but I've just heard the title track and it's magnificent:aok:

Lester B
13-11-2012, 03:45 PM
Bleached Highlights by Linden

10 amazing guitar pop songs

Lester B
13-11-2012, 04:15 PM
Johnny Marrs 'The Messenger' isn't released until January but I've just heard the title track and it's magnificent:aok:

funnily enough dug out the healers album last week and wished I hadn't. Much better than that, then?

yeezus.
15-11-2012, 06:39 PM
Mumford & Sons - Babel, and I just picked up the Paradise Edition of Lana Del Rey's "Born to die" - Absolutely loving it.

hibsbollah
15-11-2012, 07:12 PM
funnily enough dug out the healers album last week and wished I hadn't. Much better than that, then?

I loved it. ive never heard his healers stuff so cant compare...

MrRobot
15-11-2012, 11:10 PM
Not all new but the following are deffinitely getting constant play just now.

Parkway Drive - Atlas
Bury Tomorrow - The Union Of Crowns
Sleeping With Sirens - If You Were A Movie, This Would Be Your Soundtrack
While She Sleeps - This Is The Six
Architects - Daybreaker

degenerated
18-11-2012, 12:27 PM
It is (defo!) not new... but I am listening to Danzig-era Misfits on repeat at the moment. Nowt but "Where eagles dare", "Last Caress", "Die, Die my Darling" and the like! :agree:

If you haven't already heard them then the undead are well worth a listen. It's the original misfits guitarist bobby steele's band. Dawn of the undead is probably their best album.

Haymaker
19-11-2012, 12:55 AM
If you haven't already heard them then the undead are well worth a listen. It's the original misfits guitarist bobby steele's band. Dawn of the undead is probably their best album.

I think I have but will go a check once my "Misfits only" thing stops!

HibeeN
20-11-2012, 03:10 PM
My Head is an Animal - Of Monsters and Men: Didn't know who they were but someone suggested I check out their new album and I like it! Quite different to what I would normally listen to but I thought it was a beautifully composed album and very relaxing.

:agree: I'd never heard of them before but a friend recommended them to me - bought their album and fell in love with it right away. It usually takes me some time to 'warm up' to a whole album, but I think I loved every single track in the first run-through. Got a really nice 'feel-good' vibe to the music as well.

Was pleasantly surprised to hear 'Little Talks' played at Easter Road recently too! Think it I heard it a couple of weeks ago.

pacorosssco
24-11-2012, 05:38 PM

agreed a bit electronic esque without the sumner

pacorosssco
24-11-2012, 05:39 PM
agreed a bit electronic esque without the sumner

also Tim Burgess new album is worth a look

yeezus.
24-11-2012, 06:30 PM
Also got my hands on Marilyn Manson's new album - Born Villain - I've been listening to it in-between Lana del Rey and Morrissey :greengrin

MrRobot
04-12-2012, 10:01 PM
Motionless in White - Infamous
Crown The Empire - The Fallout

pacorosssco
08-12-2012, 06:18 PM

another track, album shaping up nicely

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3JNQpYJ-Xc

Bunter
09-12-2012, 04:19 PM
Rolled Up 20s debut album. Cracking listen. Even better live.

Sylar
08-03-2013, 05:27 PM
Managed to get a hold of Sempiternal by Bring Me The Horizon early (think it's scheduled for release end of March/beginning of April) and it's brilliant!

Still find it a bit odd hearing Shadow Moses being played on occasion on Radio but it's nice to hear a heavy rock band dissecting the mass of infinite indie/R&B/dance crap which dominates the airwaves.

yeezus.
08-03-2013, 07:53 PM
Bastille - Bad Blood.

Thank god I herd the Weight of Living on Fifa 13 !:top marks

CallumLaidlaw
08-03-2013, 07:58 PM
Also Bastille. Saw them at Camden Crawl last year and the album has lived up to expectations.

Also Imagine Dragons album is really good.

West hamBERNIAN
08-03-2013, 08:06 PM
Also Bastille. Saw them at Camden Crawl last year and the album has lived up to expectations.

Was just going to mention imagine dragons, radioactive is a brilliant song and there other stuff is quality.
Also, biffy is worth a listen.

yeezus.
09-03-2013, 01:00 PM

I herd Imagine Dragons on Fifa 13 as well! I'll need to look into ordering their album from Amazon :aok:

SteveHFC
04-04-2013, 11:28 PM

Imagine Dragons album is class :top marks

marinello59
05-04-2013, 05:13 AM
Push the Sky Away, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds showing how it should be done.......again.

Expecting Rain
27-04-2013, 01:05 PM
Steve Earle`s new album `The Low Highway` is arguably his best yet.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-04-2013, 01:09 PM
I must be getting old! I've heard of about 10% of the bands mentioned on this thread.

hibby rae
27-04-2013, 06:52 PM
I must be getting old! I've heard of about 10% of the bands mentioned on this thread.

I'm liking the debut album by Concrete Knives at the moment!

nonshinyfinish
28-04-2013, 09:09 AM
Steve Earle`s new album `The Low Highway` is arguably his best yet.

Strong words...I'm off for a listen.

Ayrshire Hibee
28-04-2013, 09:15 PM
British Sea Powers new album got great reviews and their last 4 albums have been superb too!

Sylar
28-04-2013, 09:33 PM
Not all new but the following are deffinitely getting constant play just now.

Sleeping With Sirens - If You Were A Movie, This Would Be Your Soundtrack

Musically, I think Sleeping With Sirens are excellent - I cannot stand his vocals though!!!!

Mallory Knox's debut album Signals is sensational :agree:

Sylar
29-04-2013, 08:00 AM
Not necessarily "new" albums but I've had three on repeat for a few weeks now:

Chasing Ghosts - The Amity Affliction
Crisis - Alexisonfire (rediscovered this the other day - exceptional)
Dear Agony - Breaking Benjamin

MrRobot
23-05-2013, 10:03 AM
Musically, I think Sleeping With Sirens are excellent - I cannot stand his vocals though!!!!

Mallory Knox's debut album Signals is sensational :agree:

Kellins vocals are personally the best i think I've ever heard hhahaa although Oli Sykes on the new BMTH album has nailed it.

Future17
23-05-2013, 12:08 PM
Imagine Dragons album is class :top marks

:agree:

Also loving Macklemore's new album The Heist.

yeezus.
23-05-2013, 05:06 PM
Managed to get a hold of Sempiternal by Bring Me The Horizon early (think it's scheduled for release end of March/beginning of April) and it's brilliant!

Still find it a bit odd hearing Shadow Moses being played on occasion on Radio but it's nice to hear a heavy rock band dissecting the mass of infinite indie/R&B/dance crap which dominates the airwaves.

Only herd Sleepwalking a few weeks back :thumbsup: Absolutely amazing!

MrRobot
24-05-2013, 11:29 AM
Only herd Sleepwalking a few weeks back :thumbsup: Absolutely amazing!

The whole album is outstanding. Can hear the Deftones and Linkin Park influences alot. Empire is a cracking song.

yeezus.
24-05-2013, 05:38 PM
The whole album is outstanding. Can hear the Deftones and Linkin Park influences alot. Empire is a cracking song.

:aok: Cheers for that mate I think I'll grab the album!

Steve-O
03-06-2013, 06:44 AM
Fans of heavy rock / metal should check out this NZ band who are doing pretty well over here at the minute.

This song is great IMO :agree:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi4PmTnLoR8

http://f0.bcbits.com/img/a1089161497_10.jpg

PeeJay
03-06-2013, 08:07 AM
Unlike in my youth, I no longer listen to music enough and I've only just "discovered" a group called The Stereophonics (!), their latest album "Graffiti on the Train" is quite excellent, think I'll work my way backwards through their catalogue - I'm also a huge fan of James Hunter and his "Minute by Minute" LP, issued under The James Hunter Six ,is also an interesting development in his career - well worth a listen!

Sylar
03-06-2013, 08:47 AM

Agreed. It's a bit mellower than both "There Is a Hell..." or "Suicide Seasons" but fantastic nonetheless. They've evolved their sound and it sounds great!

I've had both Four Year Strong and Senses Fail on repeat a wee bit of late following Slam Dunk - perfect summer music :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
03-06-2013, 03:19 PM
I'm not too keen on the new stuff you hear these days on the transistor radio, and to be fair dont listen to much music these day.

I saw an advert the other day for a re release of an album i had many years ago, and played it until it wore out.

Wings live show, wings over america is out again, i downloaded it and its just as good as i remember it. If you liked the band and the album, i'd recommend you get it. :top marks

nonshinyfinish
03-06-2013, 08:34 PM
I'm not too keen on the new stuff you hear these days on the transistor radio, and to be fair dont listen to much music these day.

I saw an advert the other day for a re release of an album i had many years ago, and played it until it wore out.

Wings live show, wings over america is out again, i downloaded it and its just as good as i remember it. If you liked the band and the album, i'd recommend you get it. :top marks

They're only the band the Beatles could have been!

Teapot
04-06-2013, 09:38 AM
Unlike in my youth, I no longer listen to music enough and I've only just "discovered" a group called The Stereophonics (!), their latest album "Graffiti on the Train" is quite excellent, think I'll work my way backwards through their catalogue - I'm also a huge fan of James Hunter and his "Minute by Minute" LP, issued under The James Hunter Six ,is also an interesting development in his career - well worth a listen!

One of the best bands over the past 12 or so years. Their greatest hits album is brilliant :aok:.

The Tribes have a new album out. Well worth a listen :agree:

blackpoolhibs
04-06-2013, 10:40 AM
They're only the band the Beatles could have been!

I was never a beatles fan, before my time. :greengrin Although i liked a few of the fab fours work, and that was probably the reason it pushed me towards this album. As i said in my last post, i just think its a terrific album, in my opinion M'Cartney's best.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-06-2013, 11:48 AM

I've heard of them!

AldoHFC
04-06-2013, 11:52 AM
Miles Kane's new album that was released yesterday is a cracker! New Beady Eye that is being released next Monday is being streamed on iTunes is also brilliant!

blackpoolhibs
05-06-2013, 09:41 AM
I've heard of them!

You wont hear it in Tamson matey, its all thrash metal in that bloody place. :dj: is crap. :greengrin

PeeJay
05-06-2013, 11:20 AM
One of the best bands over the past 12 or so years. Their greatest hits album is brilliant :aok:.

The Tribes have a new album out. Well worth a listen :agree:

Thanks for the tip - listened through on iTunes - both albums were super - cheers! I'm only a year behind with this lot now, that's quite good really...:greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-06-2013, 11:37 AM
You wont hear it in Tamson matey, its all thrash metal in that bloody place. :dj: is crap. :greengrin

Its not a place I frequent unless its a Cup Final w-end!

MrRobot
06-06-2013, 08:00 AM
Sleeping With Sirens - Feel.

Not quite as heavy as I was expecting but its an outstanding album.

Attila's new album About That Life is out this month aswell.

Sylar
06-06-2013, 08:07 AM
Sleeping With Sirens - Feel.

Not quite as heavy as I was expecting but its an outstanding album.

Attila's new album About That Life is out this month aswell.

I don't know what it is but I just can't get into them - his vocals really bother me for some reason.

Haymaker
06-06-2013, 12:36 PM
The new Frank Turner album is good and the new Propagandhi album.

Generally just blasting The Loved Ones and The Mighty Mighty Bosstones atm, not new but fits the weather I feel!

Sylar
08-06-2013, 11:21 AM
Not a new album (released in 2010) but I recently bought A Promise to Burn by Framing Hanley and it's been on a lot the past few weeks.

Looking forward to their new album, due for release later this year.

MrRobot
09-06-2013, 09:30 PM
I don't know what it is but I just can't get into them - his vocals really bother me for some reason.

His voice is the main reason i like them so much haha they have Fronz from Attila on the new album too. He is incredible.

kdhibees1
30-06-2013, 12:03 PM
Miles Kane's new album that was released yesterday is a cracker! New Beady Eye that is being released next Monday is being streamed on iTunes is also brilliant! Agreed, loving the Miles Kane album. Not often I listen to an album these days and instantly like the tunes. Very good indeedy! Hoping to see him at TITP this year!

easty
30-06-2013, 03:01 PM
Miles Kane's new album that was released yesterday is a cracker! New Beady Eye that is being released next Monday is being streamed on iTunes is also brilliant!

Miles Kane is quality.

I love the first Beady Eye album, this new one though isn't very good at all, I've tried to perevere with it but really struggling.

Baldy Foghorn
01-07-2013, 09:32 PM
Editors new offering is awesome IMHO

MoscowHibs
02-07-2013, 12:44 PM
Ach, I must be getting auld, but the new Sabbath album 13 does it for me, quality fae start tae finish. Also heard snippets of the new Alice in chains album, The devil put dinosaurs here, and it's is no bad.:rockin:

blackpoolhibs
07-07-2013, 10:36 PM

I cant believe it, but the concert from this is on BBC 4 now. :top marks

Northernhibee
09-07-2013, 05:39 PM
Been out for a little bit but really been digging the best of Art Brut entitled 'Top of the Pops'. A lot of fun and a hugely under appreciated band.

"I've seen her naked...twice!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hCTPFpfmUU

kdhibees1
09-07-2013, 06:30 PM
Editors new offering is awesome IMHO Loving their new tune. Very like Echo & the Bunnymen!!

Lester B
10-07-2013, 02:25 PM
Savages album is brilliant.

And the Stooges. How can you not love a song like Double D's. Iggy writes a whole song about how much he likes ladies with a certain amount of busty substances. Pure rock n roll poetry. Fantastic guitar playing by a guy in his sixties too.

nonshinyfinish
10-07-2013, 11:31 PM
Been out for a little bit but really been digging the best of Art Brut entitled 'Top of the Pops'. A lot of fun and a hugely under appreciated band.

"I've seen her naked...twice!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hCTPFpfmUU

The French, they're far more laid back about their art galleries.

easty
11-07-2013, 08:08 AM
Not an album but anyway....I'm loving this song right now. Will definitely be checking then out at TITP this weekend.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XlLVCPit_gk&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DXlLVCPit_gk

Northernhibee
11-07-2013, 09:41 PM
The French, they're far more laid back about their art galleries.

I can wear a leotard if that's your thing! :everythin

PeeJay
12-07-2013, 04:55 AM
I cant believe it, but the concert from this is on BBC 4 now. :top marks

Can't get Beeb 4 here, but thanks to YouTube I managed to watch a ca. 2 hour "WoA" show from Seattle in 76, mainly at your suggestion that this was a great record. I remember buying the original 3-disk vinyl record all those years ago, but I haven't listened to any of it in years. The live recording was surpisingly very enjoyable: some cracking songs in there, they were a good band (not as good as his previous one mind :greengrin ) nice to see he gave everyone a song to sing too (except the LL). What impressed me most was his voice, unfortunately when you see PM now you realise that it's been long since gone... ...and, haven't light shows come on a long way since then!

blackpoolhibs
13-07-2013, 08:39 PM
Can't get Beeb 4 here, but thanks to YouTube I managed to watch a ca. 2 hour "WoA" show from Seattle in 76, mainly at your suggestion that this was a great record. I remember buying the original 3-disk vinyl record all those years ago, but I haven't listened to any of it in years. The live recording was surpisingly very enjoyable: some cracking songs in there, they were a good band (not as good as his previous one mind :greengrin ) nice to see he gave everyone a song to sing too (except the LL). What impressed me most was his voice, unfortunately when you see PM now you realise that it's been long since gone... ...and, haven't light shows come on a long way since then!

Yip he was certainly on top form that night, his voice was superb. I was never a huge beatles fan, and was aware they had some very good tunes, i just grew up more in the wings era and thought they were very good.

I did see PM on stage at the closing of the olympics, and yip his voice has got up and left. Saying that he must be nearly 70 now, so understandable i suppose. :greengrin

MrRobot
16-07-2013, 05:37 PM
Attila - About That Life
Falling In Reverse - Fashionably Late

Both have been stuck on repeat.

grunt
16-07-2013, 06:12 PM
If anyone likes female Scottish singer-songwriters then I can strongly recommend Traces by Karine Polwart, was one of the short list for Scottish Album of the year 2012. Also recommended is Shipwrecks & Static by Inge Thomson; Inge plays in Karine Polwart's band.

Northernhibee
20-07-2013, 09:54 PM
If anyone likes female Scottish singer-songwriters then I can strongly recommend Traces by Karine Polwart, was one of the short list for Scottish Album of the year 2012. Also recommended is Shipwrecks & Static by Inge Thomson; Inge plays in Karine Polwart's band.

Karine Polwart is fantastic, I remember adding her on MySpace back in the day. Had a wee list of all the bands I've seen live on the page and she immediately messaged back a comment about how Midge Ure was on the list and how she used to draw portraits of Midge when she was a lass. Always happy to recommend new bands to listen to, fantastic performer and a lovely person.

Holy Esque are doing it for me just now, from Glasgow. Love the singers voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQVm7DnOnf4

WellingtonHibby
21-07-2013, 03:44 AM
Not "new" but Great Expectations by The Gaslight Anthem is always on my stereo at the moment. Absolutely love it. :agree:

From "the59 sound" album? Heard the Horrible Crowes? His side project. Very good

Sylar
26-07-2013, 08:12 AM
Discovered an other oldie which has been on repeat for a bit of late:

Still Searching - Senses Fail

Probably my favourite concept album of all time!

Jones28
03-08-2013, 08:41 AM
Really looking forward to the new Kings of Leon album in September!

Jonnyboy
03-08-2013, 08:42 PM
Well, I've only heard of the Beatles and the Stereophonics so far :greengrin

I'm hoping my age will mean muted laughing when I reveal that my favourite CD's at the moment are Some Nights by Fun and All The Little Lights by Passenger.

I'm not really into any one kind of music or particular artists. I listen and if I like, I like :greengrin

Sylar
08-08-2013, 08:16 AM
:aok: Cheers for that mate I think I'll grab the album!

Did you ever get around to grabbing a hold of Sempiternal A?

Had it on in the office this morning, much to the displeasure of the PhD students and MSc students.

Best album I've heard in a very long time!

Sylar
08-08-2013, 08:18 AM
Attila - About That Life
Falling In Reverse - Fashionably Late

Both have been stuck on repeat.

Recommended then? I wasn't sure - I was a fan of ETF but not always his vocals.

MrRobot
08-08-2013, 09:17 PM
Recommended then? I wasn't sure - I was a fan of ETF but not always his vocals.

Definitely. I hate etf now, only good when he was in them. The album has metalcore, rap, dubstep. Just a massive mix done really well.

Give Its Over When Its Over, Champion and Game Over a listen.

On a side note, Asking Alexandria - From Death To Destiny is a cracking album.

yeezus.
09-08-2013, 12:07 PM
Did you ever get around to grabbing a hold of Sempiternal A?

Had it on in the office this morning, much to the displeasure of the PhD students and MSc students.

Best album I've heard in a very long time!

Funnily enough I was just thinking about this thread - I ordered it from Amazon along with Korn's "Path of Totality". Absolutely outstanding album!

thekaratekid
09-08-2013, 07:53 PM
It may not be brand new but I'm digging The National's latest album

Hiber-nation
09-08-2013, 08:07 PM
Desire Lines by Camera Obscura. Doesn't have the killer tracks of their previous albums but perfect music for a wee drive down the coast.

MrRobot
10-08-2013, 09:42 AM
Funnily enough I was just thinking about this thread - I ordered it from Amazon along with Korn's "Path of Totality". Absolutely outstanding album!

Keep saying it but Sempiternal is the album to beat this year.

yeezus.
10-08-2013, 08:58 PM
Keep saying it but Sempiternal is the album to beat this year.

I've been playing it while on Black Ops 2, I swear it makes me play better!

yeezus.
11-08-2013, 08:33 PM
Has anyone bought Stone Sour's new album? It's in the 2 for £15 offer on Amazon

MrRobot
12-08-2013, 12:28 PM
Has anyone bought Stone Sour's new album? It's in the 2 for £15 offer on Amazon

Heard a couple songs and it sounds pretty dreadful. Would rather he just concentrated on Slipknot? They need to release something new asap..

wpj
19-08-2013, 07:58 PM
I'm afraid i haven't read the thread recently, as an older person who hasn't really listened to "new music" for a long time my favorite albums over the last couple of years have been Tim Burgess "oh no i love you" Jake Bugg and Ian McCulloch Holy Ghosts but i haven't got beyond disc 1 orchestral reworks it's so good! rest of the time i tend to buy reissues of albums.

Ayrshire Hibee
19-08-2013, 08:29 PM
BIG TV- White Lies......... is superb

Hibby70
21-08-2013, 06:49 AM
Editors new offering is awesome IMHO
Just listening to it now (in advance of the gig on Sat). Agree it is magnificent, if I didn't know that it was Editors I'm not sure I'd be able to tell though.

Sugar has a definite Echo and the Bunnymen feel.

Northernhibee
21-08-2013, 07:04 PM
What is everyones take on the new Travis album?

Hiber-nation
23-08-2013, 08:17 AM
Its from last year so not "new" but Neck of the Woods by Silversun Pickups is quality.

yeezus.
23-08-2013, 09:12 AM
KoRn have a new album coming out in October, can't wait!

PeeJay
02-09-2013, 08:15 PM
Jan Akkerman's latest - "North Sea Jazz - Legendary Concerts" - loved this Dutch guitarist ever since the days of Focus back in the 70s ... this is another gem, following on from "Minor Details"!

Expecting Rain
06-09-2013, 08:49 AM
The super duper excellently packaged "Self Portrait" does the business for me, especially the whole show with Dylan and The Band performing at the "Isle Of Wight" with exceptional sound quality.:wink:

PeeJay
06-09-2013, 09:09 AM
The super duper excellently packaged "Self Portrait" does the business for me, especially the whole show with Dylan and The Band performing at the "Isle Of Wight" with exceptional sound quality.:wink:

Despite my initial doubts this is better than I expected, but I'm not yet convinced - still, it's getting some rave reviews (even in Rolling Stone) - it's so much better than the original ... not that that takes much doing (IMO) :greengrin

IWasThere2016
06-09-2013, 03:17 PM
"Til Your Feet Bleed" - James Apollo

Here's a wee choooon aff it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V0CsKubp6s

Expecting Rain
07-09-2013, 12:02 PM
Despite my initial doubts this is better than I expected, but I'm not yet convinced - still, it's getting some rave reviews (even in Rolling Stone) - it's so much better than the original ... not that that takes much doing (IMO) :greengrin

To be fair it wasn`t intended to be H61, Blonde, or Blood On The Tracks and is pretty good as a filler, i draw the line at Knocked Out Loaded and Down In The Groove, perhaps even Empire Burlesque.

Just_Jimmy
08-09-2013, 01:52 AM
"Til Your Feet Bleed" - James Apollo

Here's a wee choooon aff it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V0CsKubp6s

Thats excellent. Top notch

Sylar
07-11-2013, 10:20 AM
I've had 'Killing Time' by Bayside on quite a bit lately.

Probably one of my favourite, more obscure bands (as few people know them) and this is arguably one of their best albums to date.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-u-3zYI8fU

Cauld Bovril
18-12-2013, 10:47 PM
Some good Edinburgh bands on this free compilation http://dgab.bandcamp.com/album/capitalised-tall-tales-low-lives-of-edinburgh

yeezus.
19-12-2013, 08:40 PM
LORDE - Pure Heroine, the most talented young singer on the planet IMO.:top marks

easty
20-12-2013, 06:31 AM
Been listening to the Chvrches album a lot. Definitely worth a listen.

nonshinyfinish
22-12-2013, 06:01 AM

It's excellent. :agree:

patch1875
28-12-2013, 12:40 PM
Public service broadcasting - inform educate entertain.

My album of the year

Mr White
28-12-2013, 06:45 PM
Public service broadcasting - inform educate entertain.

My album of the year

It's a belter :agree: was cracking live at the picture house too.

Jonnyboy
28-12-2013, 07:54 PM
LORDE - Pure Heroine, the most talented young singer on the planet IMO.:top marks

Great voice :agree:

yeezus.
29-12-2013, 12:17 PM
Great voice :agree:

:thumbsup: When I got a quote notification I thought someone was going to rip me for this! Love her - 2nd favourite singer after Lana Del Rey

Steve-O
30-12-2013, 10:31 AM
Lorde, all the way from New Zealand :wink:

Jonnyboy
30-12-2013, 09:43 PM

She's a really talented singer :agree:

Sylar
15-01-2014, 11:41 AM
Although a 'Best Of' album, Chevelle's 'Stray Arrows' is a superb album.

Expecting Rain
19-01-2014, 07:35 PM
Jason Isbel`s new cd Southeastern ( ex Drive By Trucker ) is the business, check it out.

yeezus.
21-01-2014, 11:38 AM

I'm in love with her. My 2nd favourite singer after Lana Del Rey :greengrin

Dalianwanda
21-01-2014, 10:08 PM
Warpaints new one is living up to the great reviews for me

Hiber-nation
22-01-2014, 08:42 PM
Ellen and the Escapades - All The Crooked Scenes.

Fab.

Steve-O
23-01-2014, 07:43 AM
I'm in love with her. My 2nd favourite singer after Lana Del Rey :greengrin

Only 16...............................:panic: :greengrin

I like Lana Del Rey too, despite the fact she gets a lot of grief for some reason.

yeezus.
23-01-2014, 09:21 AM
Only 16...............................:panic: :greengrin

I like Lana Del Rey too, despite the fact she gets a lot of grief for some reason.

It's my birthday today, I was delighted to get LORDE's album - it's outstanding for such a young singer. Defo up there with Lana Del Rey :greengrin

Sylar
23-01-2014, 10:17 AM
Not out yet but I'm really looking forward to Chevelle's new album, due out later this year.

Although not new, I've been listening to Opposites by Biffy Clyro a lot this week. Sensational album :agree:

Sylar
23-01-2014, 10:31 AM
Came across a 'new' (they released their first full length debut album last year) band the other day and immediately loved them.

Arcane Roots, and their album Blood and Chemistry is a work of beauty!

hibby rae
31-01-2014, 05:43 PM
Just listened to the debut album by Edinburgh trio Young Fathers. It's an absolutely fantastic record which blends hip-hop, African influences, pop and electronica.

Dalianwanda
05-02-2014, 06:15 AM
Just listened to the debut album by Edinburgh trio Young Fathers. It's an absolutely fantastic record which blends hip-hop, African influences, pop and electronica.

Cheers for this, just had a listen and bought it, sounds very interesting.....I've sort of lost touch with the Scottish music scene, so little tips like this help bring me back..Any other electronic stuff from Scotland worth checking?......Dublin scene is unreal at the moment, so much good stuff....

Back to albums that are doing it for me - John Wizards is amazing, can't wait to see them live later this year

hibby rae
05-02-2014, 07:43 AM
Cheers for this, just had a listen and bought it, sounds very interesting.....I've sort of lost touch with the Scottish music scene, so little tips like this help bring me back..Any other electronic stuff from Scotland worth checking?......Dublin scene is unreal at the moment, so much good stuff....

Back to albums that are doing it for me - John Wizards is amazing, can't wait to see them live later this year

Well if you like electronic stuff you might quite like Conquering Animal Sound. Set up like Chvrches but not as poppy. I imagine they quite like Bowie's Berlin period! My brother got me their album and it's good.

Dalianwanda
05-02-2014, 08:53 AM
Well if you like electronic stuff you might quite like Conquering Animal Sound. Set up like Chvrches but not as poppy. I imagine they quite like Bowie's Berlin period! My brother got me their album and it's good. Cheers Rae, had a quick listen, sounds good..I see Chvrches are playing Primavera so might go see them, as you say a bit poppy but sometimes you have to be a bit patriotic ;-) Will give it a Conquering Animal Sound proper whirl
in a bit...Heres some of the dudes that have played in my gaff recently

I am the Cosmos (best album of the year here imo)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QENKnE2J_4k
New Jackson (David Kitts new elect project)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuBwQwMfWg4
Lasertom (my housemate - sort of italia disco/chromatics vibe)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l2XNHz_Oww

hibby rae
05-02-2014, 05:02 PM
Cheers Rae, had a quick listen, sounds good..I see Chvrches are playing Primavera so might go see them, as you say a bit poppy but sometimes you have to be a bit patriotic ;-) Will give it a Conquering Animal Sound proper whirl
in a bit...Heres some of the dudes that have played in my gaff recently

I am the Cosmos (best album of the year here imo)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QENKnE2J_4k
New Jackson (David Kitts new elect project)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuBwQwMfWg4
Lasertom (my housemate - sort of italia disco/chromatics vibe)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l2XNHz_Oww

I've heard of I am the Cosmos but don't think I've heard their stuff. I'll have a wee listen.

Northernhibee
08-02-2014, 08:51 PM
The latest Young Knives album is surprisingly good.

Sylar
11-02-2014, 01:06 PM
A Day to Remember - Common Courtesy - bloody smashing album :thumbsup:

Northernhibee
14-02-2014, 10:42 PM
Just been to see Embrace at one of their intimate comeback shows - new material is a mix of brilliant (elements of New Order, Temper Trap, Disclosure mixed in there) and total, utter, middle of the road *****.

Disnae help that Danny McNamara sings like a Dyson that's learned how to yodel.

Hiber-nation
15-02-2014, 10:49 AM
Just been to see Embrace at one of their intimate comeback shows - new material is a mix of brilliant (elements of New Order, Temper Trap, Disclosure mixed in there) and total, utter, middle of the road *****.

Disnae help that Danny McNamara sings like a Dyson that's learned how to yodel.

Can't believe he still can't sing. Worst vocalist I've ever heard live. Used to love some of their older stuff though.

Northernhibee
15-02-2014, 10:54 AM
Can't believe he still can't sing. Worst vocalist I've ever heard live. Used to love some of their older stuff though.

Their latest single is sung by their guitarist and he's got a cracking voice. Danny doesn't even have any good banter, just "How are you all feeling?" "Are you having a nice day?" "I'd love it if you sang along to this one". It's like some randoms won a competition to front a famous rock band but was disappointed to find out it wasn't Coldplay.

patch1875
18-02-2014, 04:00 PM
Sun structures - temples

hibby rae
18-02-2014, 05:48 PM
Yesterday I bought the debut albums by Daughter and Joanna Gruesome and Cate Le Bon's new album. Not ahd a chance to properly listen to Joanna Gruesmoe's (but sounds good from what I have heard) but the other two are fantastic!

Mr White
18-02-2014, 05:50 PM
Yesterday I bought the debut albums by Daughter and Joanna Gruesome and Cate Le Bon's new album. Not ahd a chance to properly listen to Joanna Gruesmoe's (but sounds good from what I have heard) but the other two are fantastic!

Daughters album is superb but a little sinister...

Dalianwanda
19-02-2014, 04:48 PM

Went to see Young Fathers play a late gig in Dublin at the weekend........Really worth seeing!

Northernhibee
19-02-2014, 07:37 PM

I really wanted to dislike her as everyone keeps saying that she's brilliant, but gave in and bought the album today and I must admit that it's brilliant.

Dalianwanda
19-02-2014, 08:09 PM
Just having a listen to Wild Beasts 'Present Tense' album....Pretty good on first listen, all pretty mid tempo and a lot more synths.......A grower I think..

hibby rae
20-02-2014, 07:46 AM
Went to see Young Fathers play a late gig in Dublin at the weekend........Really worth seeing!

Quite like to see them live. I was bit annoyed the tour promoting the album was launched in Glasgow (apparently there were loads of folk not able to get in) and they aren't doing a date here. If I was doing that I'd be wanting to play a show on my home patch as well!

Dalianwanda
20-02-2014, 09:15 AM
Quite like to see them live. I was bit annoyed the tour promoting the album was launched in Glasgow (apparently there were loads of folk not able to get in) and they aren't doing a date here. If I was doing that I'd be wanting to play a show on my home patch as well!

This review gives a pretty good idea of what the Dublin gig was like....Saying that Dublin one was part of a club nights birthday bash with a good few others playing a lot of folk not there for not necessarily there for Young Fathers http://www.thelineofbestfit.com/reviews/live/young-fathers-electrowerkz-london-130214-146436

Jones28
20-02-2014, 03:03 PM
Arctic monkeys getting a deserved Brit for A.M

SteveHFC
20-02-2014, 07:40 PM

Just downloaded the Album :top marks

Dalianwanda
24-02-2014, 08:16 AM
Been listening to Becks new album all weekend.....Its stunning & I would highly recommend..

heretoday
07-03-2014, 04:07 PM
Bombay Bicycle Club's new album. Best thing they've done. I didn't care for them much before.

Dalianwanda
11-03-2014, 07:56 PM
After the performance on the Letterman show had a listen to the new Future Islands album...Good fun, some nice tunes

Sylar
11-03-2014, 09:19 PM
Enjoying Taking Back Sunday's new album, 'Happiness Is...', despite knowing they won't be able to perform it live.

Seeing them live last year shattered a lot of illusions sadly as they're easily the worst band I've seen live.

Really looking forward to La Gargola from Chevelle next month as the first single from it 'Take out the Gunman' was excellent!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UtL6GDJwXQ

patch1875
13-03-2014, 07:52 PM
Been listening to Becks new album all weekend.....Its stunning & I would highly recommend..

Agreed

Steve-O
14-03-2014, 09:50 AM
Their latest single is sung by their guitarist and he's got a cracking voice. Danny doesn't even have any good banter, just "How are you all feeling?" "Are you having a nice day?" "I'd love it if you sang along to this one". It's like some randoms won a competition to front a famous rock band but was disappointed to find out it wasn't Coldplay.

The new song Refugees is quality.

Agree they just don't have the consistency though. They'll do a good greatest hits tour one day!

I have seen them live and thought they were ok though, 2006 and I remember liking it. Don't remember if his voice was great or not?

Rattler
14-03-2014, 12:05 PM
Today, I will mostly be listening to The Tallest Man On Earth: There's No Leaving Now

A great young-ish (30) singer from Sweden who writes and sings in the style of Bob Dylan :not worth

Mr White
14-03-2014, 01:16 PM
Elbows new album is quite good.

yeezus.
14-03-2014, 01:32 PM
Tinie Tempha's new album is excellent! Blasting it while playing Modern Warfare 3 at the minute.

Betty Boop
14-03-2014, 07:19 PM
Pharell Williams album Girl is excellent.

Hiber-nation
14-03-2014, 07:43 PM
Mark Morriss - A Flash of Darkness. Pop perfection.

Mr White
14-03-2014, 08:02 PM
Mark Morriss - A Flash of Darkness. Pop perfection.

:aok: nice one, just added this as a spotify playlist. Saw him touring memory muscle a few years back, I see he released an album last year I missed.

oramhibee
17-03-2014, 07:43 AM
Not so "new" now but AM by Arctic Monkeys is fantastic IMO!

Sylar
17-03-2014, 02:42 PM
Released late last year but 'Fading West' by Switchfoot is another beautiful album in their back catalogue :agree:

Hiber-nation
17-03-2014, 04:18 PM
:aok: nice one, just added this as a spotify playlist. Saw him touring memory muscle a few years back, I see he released an album last year I missed.

A Flash of Darkness was meant to issue last year but maybe only was issued to to "pledgers"? It's out for real now anyway. I think the guy is superb, seen him so many times just doing his acoustic show.

Jones28
18-03-2014, 08:41 PM
My girlfriend got me John Mayers new album for my 21st, loved it so far.

Jones28
18-03-2014, 08:42 PM
Not so "new" now but AM by Arctic Monkeys is fantastic IMO!

Unreal album, easily their best yet.

Hiber-nation
19-03-2014, 12:02 PM
Unreal album, easily their best yet.

Probably an age thing but I think it's pretty boring, as was the previous one. Humbug was my favourite after the 1st album.

I have to say I am still playing Arcade Fire's Reflektor to death, best album I've heard in a long time and IMO way better then their 1st 2. I really liked The Suburbs though.

Steve-O
21-03-2014, 06:02 AM
http://www.asiahomecd.com/images/emusic/Nine_Inch_Nails_Hesitation_Marks.jpg

Sylar
26-03-2014, 03:02 PM
Chevelle - La Gargola - yet another spectacular edition to their catalogue.

Finch - What It Is To Burn X - I was at one of the WIITB tours and this CD brought back a superb night in London :thumbsup:

Jones28
26-03-2014, 04:32 PM
Probably an age thing but I think it's pretty boring, as was the previous one. Humbug was my favourite after the 1st album.

I have to say I am still playing Arcade Fire's Reflektor to death, best album I've heard in a long time and IMO way better then their 1st 2. I really liked The Suburbs though.

Funnily enough I thought that was their worst! Opinions eh?

Stonewall
27-03-2014, 12:08 PM
Just got "Going Back Home" by Wilko Johnson and Roger Daltrey.

Absolute belter of an album. Good old fashioned British R&B by a bunch of guys who really know what they are doing. Played hard, fast and with love.

Lester B
27-03-2014, 01:55 PM
Withered Hand - New Gods

hibby rae
27-03-2014, 03:08 PM
Withered Hand - New Gods

Hibby as well!

MrRobot
27-03-2014, 06:22 PM
A Day to Remember - Common Courtesy - bloody smashing album :thumbsup:

Cracking album!

Lester B
28-03-2014, 05:17 PM
Hibby as well!

Is he?????

hibby rae
30-03-2014, 06:59 PM
Is he?????

Yeah, had a good chat with him about Hibs over a couple whiskys. I think his other team is Spurs so an even *****er day for him today! At least I like Liverpool!

Hiber-nation
30-03-2014, 08:24 PM
Elbow's new one is very good.

Bighoose
03-04-2014, 12:03 PM
After the performance on the Letterman show had a listen to the new Future Islands album...Good fun, some nice tunes

Just got this album and a mate was talking about the Letterman performance so will be looking it up on Youtube tonight.

Mikey09
03-04-2014, 12:50 PM
Chevelle - La Gargola - yet another spectacular edition to their catalogue.

Finch - What It Is To Burn X - I was at one of the WIITB tours and this CD brought back a superb night in London :thumbsup:

Holy ****!!! Never heard of Chevelle and just listened to take out the gunman. Wot a tune.

Dalianwanda
08-04-2014, 07:46 PM
If your a fan of acid, jungle, techno & electronica then I'd really recommend Millie & Andreas new album....Its so much fun!!

Sylar
27-04-2014, 04:22 PM
Holy ****!!! Never heard of Chevelle and just listened to take out the gunman. Wot a tune.

The new album just gets better and better the more I listen to it!

Really hoping we get a tour to back the new album as they're absolutely phenomenal live.

HibeeLR
06-05-2014, 01:30 PM
Black keys - Turn Blue. Just downloaded it today and loving it so far

Northernhibee
06-05-2014, 08:00 PM
The new Tune-Yards album is bonkers and absolutely brilliant.

Sylar
21-05-2014, 01:16 PM
Of Mice and Men - Restoring Force

I don't think this band do terrible albums and Restoring Force is no different - it's brilliant.

Betty Boop
24-05-2014, 06:04 PM
Ghost Stories - Coldplay :tin hat:

yeezus.
24-05-2014, 07:25 PM
Morrissey will be releasing "World peace is none of your business" in July. I feel obliged to buy it seeing as I am a completest.

Just Alf
24-05-2014, 10:20 PM
Tomorrow's Harvest ... by Boards of Canada

2 guys from Scotland and I believe one is a Hibbie!

TornadoHibby
30-05-2014, 08:26 AM
Try a great local band guys, Broken Records, web site here (http://brokenrecordsband.com/)! :agree: :aok:

New album "Weights and Pulleys" just released at the start of last week and reviewed with a live session on Vic Galloways BBC Radio programme last Tuesday night (link to the live session and interviews here (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01zhcnz))! :agree:

Review of the new album in Clash Magazine here (http://www.clashmusic.com/tags/broken-records)! :agree:

Next local gig at Queens Hall on 02 August 2014! :agree:

MrRobot
31-05-2014, 08:34 AM
Of Mice and Men - Restoring Force

I don't think this band do terrible albums and Restoring Force is no different - it's brilliant.

It's a cracking album. Love the Slipknot influence on some of the songs.

The Hibee Harp
23-06-2014, 02:23 PM
The Pretty Reckless - Going To Hell, is a decent listen.
Emily Kinney - Expired Lover, is a lovely melow album.

adhibs
23-06-2014, 07:52 PM
Todd Terje - It's album time

Hank Schrader
24-06-2014, 12:40 PM
Todd Terje - It's album time

:aok: Love Inspector Norse.

Baldy Foghorn
24-06-2014, 12:59 PM
Rival Sons new CD is awesome......

MountcastleHibs
24-06-2014, 03:55 PM
Kasabian - 48:13

Aldo
25-06-2014, 07:47 AM
Kasabian - 48:13

This. 3rd song Stevie is amazing!!

Betty Boop
25-06-2014, 11:39 AM
Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence.

MrRobot
30-06-2014, 02:40 PM
Bury Tomorrow - Runes
The Word Alive - Real

Was very disappointed with the new Linkin Park album. Nothing like how they described it.

The Hibee Harp
30-06-2014, 02:44 PM
Bury Tomorrow - Runes
The Word Alive - Real

Was very disappointed with the new Linkin Park album. Nothing like how they described it.

100% Very disappointing. There were only one or two I thought were any good.

Sylar
01-07-2014, 02:06 PM
Bury Tomorrow - Runes
The Word Alive - Real

Edit: Whilst not spectacular, IMO, it's the best material they've released since Meteora.

Not released yet but based on the 3 tracks I've heard from the forthcoming Asymmetry by Mallory Knox, I can't wait for it! Sounds amazing!

Frazerbob
01-07-2014, 11:43 PM
New album by James (Le Petit Morte) is excellent. They really are a good band.

Aldo, I know it's been out a while now but I'm loving Chvrches debut album.

MrRobot
02-07-2014, 12:08 PM
Edit: Whilst not spectacular, IMO, it's the best material they've released since Meteora.

Not released yet but based on the 3 tracks I've heard from the forthcoming Asymmetry by Mallory Knox, I can't wait for it! Sounds amazing!

Have to disagree, I would say their third album Minutes to Midnight is better than this. There's a good few standout tracks on that. After listening to this album, nothing is standout for me which is highly disappointing. Really hoped they were going to get a bit more of a nu-metal vibe again here.

Sylar
22-07-2014, 11:16 AM
The ever-imperious Biffy Clyro's new album, 'Similarities' is pretty damned good (given that it's a 'b-side' album).

It's also streaming on Deezer.

http://www.deezer.com/album/8054940

Northernhibee
22-07-2014, 06:13 PM
New Manics album is my favourite since the Holy Bible.

hibsbollah
22-07-2014, 07:25 PM
Morrissey will be releasing "World peace is none of your business" in July. I feel obliged to buy it seeing as I am a completest.

Absolutely love the title track. The rest of it is 7/10 territory, but may well be a 'grower', 'Istanbul' stands out too.

Malthibby
28-07-2014, 05:37 PM
The Temperance Movement...I'm generally 40 years in the past but this lot are great

patch1875
28-07-2014, 08:21 PM
Jungle - jungle is a decent listen.

Steve-O
02-08-2014, 11:59 AM
I am enjoying the new albums by James and Kasabian :agree:

matty_f
03-08-2014, 11:56 PM
New album by James (Le Petit Morte) is excellent. They really are a good band.

Aldo, I know it's been out a while now but I'm loving Chvrches debut album.

Totally agree on both counts, and add in Kasabian as a few others have mentioned.

PeeJay
04-08-2014, 12:23 PM
Just bought Eric Clapton's tribute to the late, great JJ Cale - "The Breeze: An Appreciation of JJ Cale" , really quite good ...

MrRobot
04-08-2014, 02:19 PM
Not a new album, but the new Slipknot song has been released and is on constant play. Very heavy song, very much like their older material. Looking forward to the rest of the album.

Sylar
04-08-2014, 02:28 PM
Not a new album, but the new Slipknot song has been released and is on constant play. Very heavy song, very much like their older material. Looking forward to the rest of the album.

I'm the opposite I'm afraid - I didn't really pay them much attention til Iowa came about as their earlier stuff was just too heavy for me.

You're right, it's very much like that older stuff and as a result, does nothing for me.

The new drummer sounds awesome though :agree:

MrRobot
04-08-2014, 03:27 PM
I'm the opposite I'm afraid - I didn't really pay them much attention til Iowa came about as their earlier stuff was just too heavy for me.

You're right, it's very much like that older stuff and as a result, does nothing for me.

The new drummer sounds awesome though :agree:

Awww no, the self-titled album is probably their best followed by Iowa(which is a beast of an album)

Yeah the drums sound pretty good. There is a part of me that thinks it is Joey though and it's been a publicity/drum up interest stunt.

Stranraer
07-08-2014, 03:20 PM
Loving The Negative One by Slipknot, Volume 3 was my favourite album

Stranraer
21-08-2014, 03:21 PM
Lana Del Rey - Ultraviolence is outstanding.

RoslinInstHibby
22-08-2014, 09:47 AM
the guardians of the galaxy soundtrack is superb if anyone's interested....

adhibs
24-08-2014, 07:46 PM
Joel Gion - Apple Bonkers

Northernhibee
24-08-2014, 08:43 PM
Joel Gion - Apple Bonkers

:top marks

Been listening to a lot of Shonen Knife as of late, bought their Ramones tribute album 'Osaka Ramones' yesterday and it's fab.

Also bought albums by Camper Van Beethoven, Sebadoh, Yo La Tengo and John Cooper Clarke.

Sylar
24-08-2014, 08:45 PM
Imminent release of Back to Oblivion by Finch has me very excited!

It was also announced that a new lineup and material is expected soon from Breaking Benjamin, which has me VERY excited :greengrin

Stranraer
24-08-2014, 10:58 PM
Suicide Silence - You can't stop me

Not that new but excellent.

ClewsHibs
25-08-2014, 01:37 PM
Royal Blood's album out today 10/10

adhibs
25-08-2014, 03:01 PM
:top marks

Been listening to a lot of Shonen Knife as of late, bought their Ramones tribute album 'Osaka Ramones' yesterday and it's fab.

Also bought albums by Camper Van Beethoven, Sebadoh, Yo La Tengo and John Cooper Clarke.

not heard of a few of them so will check them out.

just got Curtis Harding - Soul Power deliverd today, had one listen and its excellent

patch1875
30-08-2014, 06:01 PM
Basement Jaxx - Junto. Really good stuff

Matty_Jack04
03-09-2014, 09:07 PM
Royal Blood's album out today 10/10

Bought it the other day on your recommendation...quality stuff thanks for the heads up

SteveHFC
11-09-2014, 02:19 PM
Looking to buy a few albums at the moment. My type of music is Indie, Rock and Dance.

Any suggestions? :greengrin

easty
11-09-2014, 02:46 PM
Looking to buy a few albums at the moment. My type of music is Indie, Rock and Dance.

The new Courteeners album is good. As is the newest Black Keys album (in fact just buy all the Black Keys albums - great band)

Betty Boop
14-09-2014, 08:57 PM
Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence.

Lana Del Rey - Ultraviolence is outstanding.

Keep up !:greengrin

Tyler Durden
15-09-2014, 04:15 PM

Few indie suggestions. Catfish and the Bottlemen's debut album is out today, well worth a try.

Otherwise I would also recommend The Family Rain's debut, Under the Volcano. And their recent EP, Hunger Sauce.

Stranraer
15-09-2014, 09:30 PM
Keep up !:greengrin

Sorry about that, I love Lana del Rey so much, as a person and as an artist. She's up there with Mozza... seriously that's how much I love her :love ya!:

SteveHFC
16-09-2014, 03:58 PM
The new Courteeners album is good. As is the newest Black Keys album (in fact just buy all the Black Keys albums - great band)

Just downloaded these both. Loving the Courteeners album :thumbsup:

SteveHFC
16-09-2014, 04:05 PM
Few indie suggestions. Catfish and the Bottlemen's debut album is out today, well worth a try.

Otherwise I would also recommend The Family Rain's debut, Under the Volcano. And their recent EP, Hunger Sauce.

Cheers mate. :aok:

Stranraer
16-09-2014, 07:44 PM
I was touched emotionally by Johnny Cash's version of "Hurt" which I later found out was originally by Nine Inch Nails.

Does anyone know much about them as a band?

patch1875
17-09-2014, 07:03 AM
I was touched emotionally by Johnny Cash's version of "Hurt" which I later found out was originally by Nine Inch Nails.

Does anyone know much about them as a band?

Great band seen them a few times years ago their early stuff is essential listening so check out

Pretty hate machine
the EP 'Broken' and it's remixed version 'Fixed'
The downward spiral

Last years 'hesitation Marks' is great also

Hiber-nation
17-09-2014, 08:21 AM
Still playing King Creosote's From Scotland With Love. Fabulous.

Mr White
17-09-2014, 08:29 AM
New offering from Alt-j available on spotify now. Sounds good after first listen.

Craig_HFC
24-09-2014, 02:49 PM
Catfish and The Bottlemen's album, The Balcony, is great.

patch1875
24-09-2014, 04:59 PM
The Madden Brothers - Greetings From California

Liking it.

Sylar
29-09-2014, 09:19 AM
New Finch album arrived this morning 'Back to Oblivion'.

Already on its third play through - wonderful! :thumbsup:

Stranraer
29-09-2014, 09:59 AM
Great band seen them a few times years ago their early stuff is essential listening so check out

Pretty hate machine
the EP 'Broken' and it's remixed version 'Fixed'
The downward spiral

Last years 'hesitation Marks' is great also

Thank you and will do :aok:

patch1875
29-09-2014, 05:26 PM
Enjoying Aphex Twin New album

Chip shop Joe
29-09-2014, 05:50 PM
Royal Blood. Sound a bit like Muse/White Stripes. Brilliant album!!

Mr White
02-10-2014, 11:53 AM
Liking Jamie T's Carry On The Grudge.

patch1875
02-10-2014, 03:43 PM
Enjoying V for Vaselines.

patch1875
02-10-2014, 04:42 PM
On to Johnny Marrs new album liking it after first listen

Mr White
04-10-2014, 08:05 AM
On to Johnny Marrs new album liking it after first listen

:agree: me too.

Stranraer
05-10-2014, 08:01 PM
Enjoying Aphex Twin New album

**** I totally forgot about it!!!! is it on the same level as Come to Daddy?

Stranraer
05-10-2014, 08:03 PM
Liking Jamie T's Carry On The Grudge.

Panic prevention was outstanding, I'll need to order it :aok:

JohnStephens91
06-10-2014, 01:39 PM
Gerard Way's solo album Hesitant Alien is a cracking listen, a massive departure from the sounds of My Chemical Romance. It is heavily influenced by Britpop and you can really hear that coming through in most of the tracks. Maya the Psychic, the last song on the album, is a brilliant song.

MrRobot
07-10-2014, 02:51 PM
After hearing the few songs that have leaked, the new Slipknot album is defnitely back to their best. Drummer and bass player impress for being new and the heaviness that was missing from AHIG is back.