PDA

View Full Version : NHC Being Liverpool channel 5

patch1875
24-09-2012, 08:35 PM
Anybody watch it? Pretty interesting insight to behind the scenes, Brendan rogers comes across as a very decent man

PISTOL1875
24-09-2012, 08:47 PM
Seen it the other night.. To be honest, I thought it was quite gash.. Nothing really to see except an insight into his personal life and everytthing that he says is the type of thing you would expect him to say on camera..

The one thing that did stick out was when asked about Andy Carroll , he did say that AC had a role to play in his side and he was then pumped out to West Ham on loan for the season..

Pretty Boy
24-09-2012, 09:02 PM
Rodgers came across as a good guy, taking the time to introduce himself to all the staff was a nice touch.

However I also thought he seemed a wee bit out of his depth and not sure the players were totally buying into him.

micka_weer
24-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Didn't look like they were taking the relaxation and meditation session very seriously

vanNISHtelroy
24-09-2012, 09:20 PM
Didn't look like they were taking the relaxation and meditation session very seriously

Jamie Carragher looked a tad embarrassed by it!

Liams
25-09-2012, 06:39 AM
Rodgers came across as a good guy, taking the time to introduce himself to all the staff was a nice touch.

I thought this too however is he really like this or doing it for the cameras, i love how highly he spoke of liverpool too.

I loved when the red socks player asked charlie adam watch/played cricket, very sly clip but funny

jamieross
25-09-2012, 07:32 AM
The best bit Ive seen so far is on the advert for the next one, where BR is given one of the players a bollicking, for some reason makes me laugh.

Scouse Hibee
25-09-2012, 08:42 AM
Thought it was pretty poor to be honest,obviously the idea of our American owners and not good viewing, the whole meeting with Boston Red Sox was embarassing as clearly neither team had any interest in the other what so ever. The stuff BR came out with was so PR and over the top it was unreal,I thought it was going to be a "fly on the wall" type documentary when in reality it was a PR circus for our American friends. I won't even bother watching the rest of it.

Future17
25-09-2012, 02:40 PM
I think these things are a terrible idea for any football club and can't understand why any manager would sign up for it.

patch1875
25-09-2012, 02:55 PM
there was a great one years ago with peter reid at sunderland

JimBHibees
25-09-2012, 03:12 PM
there was a great one years ago with peter reid at sunderland

His team talks were brilliant. F****, b***** etc :greengrin

silverhibee
25-09-2012, 06:33 PM
His team talks were brilliant. F****, b***** etc :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUCvk2HxZ_E

Beware sweary words. :greengrin

whereswallace?
25-09-2012, 07:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obixCOVTVwY&feature=share

Rivers Cuomo
25-09-2012, 07:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obixCOVTVwY&feature=share

That is quality!

JimBHibees
26-09-2012, 01:44 PM
One of the best behind the scenes football documentary's was the one with Graham Taylor as England manager. Some of it was absolutely hysterical.

GreenCastle
26-09-2012, 03:07 PM
Anyone have a link to watch the first episodes of the Liverpool one ?

Thanks

hibee_girl
26-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Anyone have a link to watch the first episodes of the Liverpool one ?

Thanks

It should be available on channel 5 website

jacomo
26-09-2012, 03:31 PM
I think these things are a terrible idea for any football club and can't understand why any manager would sign up for it.

This is different to the fly-on-the-wall docs such as QPR, Peter Reid etc... More of an extended advert for the club and all the brilliant people who work for it.

The OK magazine style segment on Stevie G and his family at home was cringeworthy.

Also at the beginning of the first episode Ian Ayre says that the plan was always for Dalglish to step down at some point in favour of a younger manager. Then Dalglish gets the boot and it takes them a month to bring in Rodgers... Not much of a planned succession at all.

hibsboy90
26-09-2012, 04:31 PM
This is different to the fly-on-the-wall docs such as QPR, Peter Reid etc... More of an extended advert for the club and all the brilliant people who work for it.

The OK magazine style segment on Stevie G and his family at home was cringeworthy.

Also at the beginning of the first episode Ian Ayre says that the plan was always for Dalglish to step down at some point in favour of a younger manager. Then Dalglish gets the boot and it takes them a month to bring in Rodgers... Not much of a planned succession at all.
That's because Derek Adams was fed up waiting......woops wrong club!