PDA

View Full Version : Dnipro Appeal Turnstile Collection - Volunteers Needed

StevieC
24-09-2012, 07:35 PM
The Dnipro Appeal has been given permission to carry out a bucket collection at the Hibernian v Dundee match on Saturday the 6th of October.

For this to be a success we need as many volunteers as possible to shake a bucket at the turnstiles for around 30 minutes prior to the game.

The game is scheduled for a 3pm kick-off and buckets can be collected from 2pm onwards adjacent to the club shop.

I cannot stress enough how important these collections are to the charity funds and how much of a contribution volunteers make to the ongoing efforts of the Dnipro Appeal charity.

If you are able to help out then contact me directly and I will provide further details.

Many thanks.

:flag: :not worth :flag:

Billy
25-09-2012, 08:32 AM
A wee bump :-)

Chuck Rhoades
25-09-2012, 08:34 AM
Posted this on the Sect43 forum. Hopefully get a few volunteers for you. I'll be in touch:aok:

StevieC
25-09-2012, 09:11 AM
Posted this on the Sect43 forum. Hopefully get a few volunteers for you. I'll be in touch:aok:

Would be excellent to have some Sect43 involvement. :aok:

Scouse Hibee
25-09-2012, 12:40 PM
Awwwwww not another friggin bucket collection at Easter Road, there really are too many of them. FFS every time I go to a supermarket there's some plooky faced youngster shakin his bucket and asking if he can pack my bags. It wouldn't be so bad if they knew how to pack bags properly, now they're at the footy anaw.

:wink: I always give to them though, especially Dnipro a great cause.

Russ
25-09-2012, 12:49 PM
The Dnipro Appeal has been given permission to carry out a bucket collection at the Hibernian v Dundee match on Saturday the 6th of October.

For this to be a success we need as many volunteers as possible to shake a bucket at the turnstiles for around 30 minutes prior to the game.

The game is scheduled for a 3pm kick-off and buckets can be collected from 2pm onwards adjacent to the club shop.

I cannot stress enough how important these collections are to the charity funds and how much of a contribution volunteers make to the ongoing efforts of the Dnipro Appeal charity.

If you are able to help out then contact me directly and I will provide further details.

Many thanks.

:flag: :not worth :flag:
Is there any information available on the accounts of this charity? It has been going for a number of years now I'm sure people who have contributed would like to know how much has been raised and how much has actually been passed over to the orphanage.

StevieC
25-09-2012, 03:26 PM
Is there any information available on the accounts of this charity? It has been going for a number of years now I'm sure people who have contributed would like to know how much has been raised and how much has actually been passed over to the orphanage.

The child sponsors that donate £10 a month have access to that sort of information. :wink:

There are also regular updates on here about the work that is getting done.

And then there's the dniprokids.com website (currently undergoing a face-lift) with lots of information on it.

Thanks for asking. :aok:

Can I put you down for a bucket on the day. :wink:

Just to add .. it is a registered charity and the annual accounts are registered with OSCR and viewable on their website.

Russ
25-09-2012, 03:51 PM
The child sponsors that donate £10 a month have access to that sort of information. :wink:

And then there's the dniprokids.com website (currently undergoing a face-lift) with lots of information on it.

Can I put you down for a bucket on the d

Just to add .. it is a registered charity and the annual accounts are registered with OSCR and viewable on their website.
No Thank You, my tenner a month goes to Children First, a charity for Scottish children.:wink:

marinello59
25-09-2012, 04:08 PM
No Thank You, my tenner a month goes to Children First, a charity for Scottish children.:wink:

Another worthy cause. Why not go mad and give to both.....you know you want to.

Jay
25-09-2012, 04:18 PM

sometimes its better to say nothing at all than make yourself look like this :trumpet:

Pretty Boy
25-09-2012, 04:18 PM

Can I put you down for a bucket on the day. :wink:

Stevie, how would I go about sponsoring a child for £10 a month?

I'm sure there's been details posted before but I must have missed them. I've made a few donations previously but a monthly payment would be ideal.

marinello59
25-09-2012, 04:29 PM
For those who haven't looked at the Dnipro Appeal website for a while it is well worth visiting.

http://www.dniprokids.com/

StevieC
25-09-2012, 04:51 PM
sometimes its better to say nothing at all than make yourself look like this :trumpet:

To be fair, it may have been a genuine query as to how the charity is progressing 7 years down the line, and I personally welcome the interest.

To answer his question, the charity currently manages to raise between £20k-25k a year through sponsored events, turnstile collections, child sponsorship, the Charity Dinner .. and some bloody hard work from a dedicated (voluntary) committee. :wink:

Around 80% of this goes straight to Ukraine where it is used to fund this sort of thing ...
click link ... Dnipro Appeal Update (http://www.dniprokids.com/pdf/Dnipro_Appeal_Sponsors_Update_May_12.pdf)

The majority of the remainder, wherever possible, is saved in the Dnipro Appeal account to try and ensure long term stability of the charity. A very small percentage of which is used to cover governance/expenditure costs.

I suppose, in comparison to his Children 1st charity (which has a turnover of £10m, £4m of government funding, and around 300 members of staff), we are a very small fish in a very large pond .. but we try our best and are passionate about what we are doing.

Sadly we will take around a £4k hit this year because ESPN moving the Motherwell fixture to the Friday night has resulted in us having to postpone this years Charity Dinner (that had been booked at the start of the year), making the upcoming turnstile collection even more important to our fundraising efforts.

StevieC
25-09-2012, 04:54 PM
Stevie, how would I go about sponsoring a child for £10 a month?

I'm sure there's been details posted before but I must have missed them. I've made a few donations previously but a monthly payment would be ideal.

Email info@dniprokids.com requesting information on child sponsorship and you will be provided with all the details. :aok:

Pretty Boy
25-09-2012, 05:02 PM
Email info@dniprokids.com requesting information on child sponsorship and you will be provided with all the details. :aok:

Cheers, I'll get on it ASAP.

StevieC
27-09-2012, 01:32 PM
Currently well short on the required amount of volunteers ....

Just 30-40 minutes of your time is all we need, so let me know if you can spare that for a good cause.

Chuck Rhoades
27-09-2012, 01:41 PM
Stevie - I have 3 volunteers so far, working on some more. Will be in touch by Monday morning with final numbers. Hoping to get double figures!

down-the-slope
27-09-2012, 07:52 PM
:coffee:

down-the-slope
28-09-2012, 09:19 PM
:coffee:

down-the-slope
01-10-2012, 07:53 AM
How are you doing for numbers now Stevie ?

StevieC
01-10-2012, 08:07 AM
How are you doing for numbers now Stevie ?

Less than a week to go and still about 5 or 6 volunteers short, so we could do with some more.

It would be nice if we could put all our collection buckets into use on the day.

Beefster
01-10-2012, 08:15 AM

I think it's a bit petty to make the differentiation between Scottish kids in desperate need of help and Ukrainian kids in desperate need of help. Kids are kids and their nationality doesn't make them any more worthy or otherwise.

I can't help with the collections, Stevie, but I'll be sure to stick a couple of quid in one of the buckets at the game.

StevieC
01-10-2012, 09:09 AM
I can't help with the collections, Stevie, but I'll be sure to stick a couple of quid in one of the buckets at the game.

Thanks, much appreciated.

With the postponement of this years Charity Dinner (damn you ESPN!) this turnstile collection is VERY important for our funds.

Chuck Rhoades
01-10-2012, 09:44 AM
PM sent.

Chuck Rhoades
02-10-2012, 07:14 AM
Bump.

RIP
04-10-2012, 08:40 AM
Stevie - I have another volunteer - my brother

Do we get a T-Shirt btw? :greengrin

StevieC
04-10-2012, 08:56 AM
Stevie - I have another volunteer - my brother

Do we get a T-Shirt btw? :greengrin

Yes, but you have to give it back at the end. :wink:

Chuck Rhoades
04-10-2012, 09:43 AM
Stevie - did you get my PM?

StevieC
04-10-2012, 02:45 PM
Stevie - did you get my PM?

Yes. Thanks. :aok:

Hibby_Paul
04-10-2012, 09:32 PM
Hi Stevie I think Di has been in touch saying I can help ?

StevieC
04-10-2012, 11:13 PM
Hi Stevie I think Di has been in touch saying I can help ?

Yes, you and Debby. Thanks Paul, much appreciated. :thumbsup:

StevieC
04-10-2012, 11:13 PM
A huge thank you to everyone that has volunteered their services so far, for a bit of bucket rattling this Saturday.

Buckets will be available for collection from 1.30pm onwards, adjacent to Behind The Goals/Club Shop.

:aok: