PDA

View Full Version : how bad is the stv news

woody0-7
24-09-2012, 05:25 PM
yet again although being above the yams we are overlooked on this pish news programme ffs they even showed the f***ers twice and a bit about hook nose ref**ee whos no even gonna sign for them and didnt even show our first goal !!!!!!

green glory
24-09-2012, 05:35 PM
STV news and sport coverage is amateur Glaswegian sh*t.

Hibercelona
24-09-2012, 05:38 PM
Who cares?

I'd rather we had nothing to do with the news/media anyway.

woody0-7
24-09-2012, 05:44 PM
STV news and sport coverage is amateur Glaswegian sh*t.

amateur glaswegian sh*t with not a small amount of maroon p*sh through it aswell!

yeezus.
24-09-2012, 05:52 PM
How do you think I feel!?! Our "local" ITV news consists of a few stories from Newcastle and one or two from Carlisle! Nowt about Stranraer.

woody0-7
24-09-2012, 05:53 PM
Who cares?

i care, for the last 3 years theyve rammed hearts down our throats and now that we are slowly building a decent team i would like some credit from them for the hibs not to much to ask imo!

The_Sauz
24-09-2012, 07:16 PM
i care, for the last 3 years theyve rammed hearts down our throats and now that we are slowly building a decent team i would like some credit from them for the hibs not to much to ask imo!

Look what happened to us under JH when we were second......free fall :agree:
The only praise the Hibs need just now is from it's own supporters!

frazeHFC
24-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Look what happened to us under JH when we were second......free fall :agree:
The only praise the Hibs need just now is from it's own supporters!

'Can Hibs really mount a challenge?' was being said that season, which was a huge resounding NO in the end.....this season we can just do our own thing and win games, media can talk about everyone else. :agree:

Alfred E Newman
24-09-2012, 07:30 PM
How do you think I feel!?! Our "local" ITV news consists of a few stories from Newcastle and one or two from Carlisle! Nowt about Stranraer.

Same here. Never watch the stuff . We are only 25 miles from Edinburgh but when we had Border TV news we used to get reports of some poor sod falling off his bike in Whitehaven, it was that dire. Now withTyne Tees it is someone falling off his bike in Chester Le Street. We just stick to Reporting Scotland even if it is Glasgow based.

Kato
24-09-2012, 07:31 PM
Who cares?

This.

Happy for Hibs not to be on RiddyTV.

Elephant Stone
24-09-2012, 07:32 PM
yet again although being above the yams we are overlooked on this pish news programme ffs they even showed the f***ers twice and a bit about hook nose ref**ee whos no even gonna sign for them and didnt even show our first goal !!!!!!

Why did you put stars in 'refugee'? Did you release it's a pretty tragic insult while typing?

woody0-7
24-09-2012, 08:19 PM
Why did you put stars in 'refugee'? Did you release it's a pretty tragic insult while typing?

how do you know it wasnt "referee" maybe i was being funny! anyway im quite new to this and i did think that most people on this site dont really like the little rodent maybe i was wrong!:wink:

machibby
24-09-2012, 08:27 PM

Well said, but I'd go further absolutely tragic insult. There's a pretty good account of a refugees' childhood on you tube, look up Shefki Kuqi interview.

Elephant Stone
24-09-2012, 09:21 PM
how do you know it wasnt "referee" maybe i was being funny! anyway im quite new to this and i did think that most people on this site dont really like the little rodent maybe i was wrong!:wink:

You'll find plenty of folk who hate him on this site, which is fine by me, but the refugee stuff is grim and embarrassing for so many reasons.

STV news is absolutely brutal though, best avoided!

yeezus.
24-09-2012, 09:31 PM
Same here. Never watch the stuff . We are only 25 miles from Edinburgh but when we had Border TV news we used to get reports of some poor sod falling off his bike in Whitehaven, it was that dire. Now withTyne Tees it is someone falling off his bike in Chester Le Street. We just stick to Reporting Scotland even if it is Glasgow based.

Aye same here. Reporting Scotland can be pretty dire as well but at least it's Scottish.

woody0-7
24-09-2012, 09:51 PM
You'll find plenty of folk who hate him on this site, which is fine by me, but the refugee stuff is grim and embarrassing for so many reasons.

STV news is absolutely brutal though, best avoided!

Point taken.

RoYO!
24-09-2012, 09:55 PM
I get stv West so no hibs news at all! Live 20 mins walk from Easter Road!

Baldy Foghorn
24-09-2012, 10:03 PM
STV news is woeful.....

I wrote to them a month or so back, complaining about the constant daily coverage of the Huns, saying I was not aware they had moved to Edinburgh...I assumed wrongly that Edinburgh news and sport was just that....

The response was that the coverage was mainstream news, and did not matter of the location....(I bet a pound to a penny that Edinburgh Clubs are not reported in the Glasgow version)....

Hibercelona
24-09-2012, 10:31 PM
Why does it matter? We know they're all fuds, so why would we want them talking about us? You can find all the info you need online anyway.

I'd rather hear them big Hearts up on TV, it just means it will hurt them that much more when they fall.

basehibby
24-09-2012, 10:49 PM
It's ALL a load of PASH! Scottish football coverage has never recovered from the untimely demise of Stottsport :boo hoo:

* - I exclude from this observation the coverage provided recently by BBC ALBA - it's extrordinary how much more agreeable and absorbing the commentators sound when you have not the faintest idea what they are on about!

Sprouleflyer
25-09-2012, 05:31 AM
I don't mind the Edinburgh edition of the STV news, at least we get some reports most nights about Hibs. Turn over to BBC Scotland news and you will get nothing.

Just Alf
25-09-2012, 06:49 AM
I get stv West so no hibs news at all! Live 20 mins walk from Easter Road!

Me too.

I think it's called "progress"..... They introduced local programming after digital arrived..... So now we have it, but it's someone else's bloody news.... Bring back the national version, at least that way we got a snippet that concerned us locally.....

dangermouse
25-09-2012, 07:32 AM
My biggest bug bear about STV news is the the HD version is for the West and we have to put up with the normal signal. You'd think in this day and age if they can transmit to one area in HD they should be able to do the same with the other. Bloody cheapskates.