PDA

View Full Version : Team getting a lift from support?

StevieC
24-09-2012, 12:04 PM
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but when we have Sect 43 leading the way with the green and white chant, and the whole stadium clapping, it sounds pretty impressive.

I'd hope that the team gets a bit of a lift when it's at full volume.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Seveno
24-09-2012, 12:05 PM
The atmosphere was tremendous when everyone joined in. Well done Sect 43.

Franck Stanton
24-09-2012, 12:10 PM
Has to have an effect on the players, how can they possibly not respond with that type of backing ? Lets make some noise guys. GGTTH

simple
24-09-2012, 12:17 PM
That's good, it works both ways, if they show the desire and commitment then the fans will get right behind the team.

I'm enjoying going to Hibs games again and already looking forward to the next game, I certainly didn't feel like this last season or the season before. :thumbsup:

Chuck Rhoades
24-09-2012, 12:32 PM
The atmosphere is improving week on week. We are trying to implement new songs into the support which we have had some success with, but also mixing that with some old classics and regulars. Love hearing Turnbull’s Tornadoes belting out.

The last two weeks we planned to start PFGAWA on the 75th minute and the whole stadium joined in for several minutes on both occasions.

Hibercelona
24-09-2012, 01:14 PM
We even got a wee chant going in the west (no joke). :greengrin

Speedway
24-09-2012, 01:19 PM
We even got a wee chant going in the west (no joke). :greengrin

I'm sure the librarians soon put a stop to that.

hibsmad
24-09-2012, 01:47 PM
I think that the work section 43 have put in is now really starting to show. Obviously the fact that we have a team of players who actually look like they give a damn helps but in my opinion without section 43 the atmosphere wouldn't be anywhere near as good.

Hibercelona
24-09-2012, 01:50 PM
I think that the work section 43 have put in is now really starting to show. Obviously the fact that we have a team of players who actually look like they give a damn helps but in my opinion without section 43 the atmosphere wouldn't be anywhere near as good.

Totally agree. :agree:

Hopefully the section grows and eventually the whole of ER is a section 43 with Hibees bouncing all over the place. :thumbsup:

sadtom
24-09-2012, 02:03 PM
The atmosphere is improving week on week. We are trying to implement new songs into the support which we have had some success with, but also mixing that with some old classics and regulars. Love hearing Turnbull’s Tornadoes belting out.

The last two weeks we planned to start PFGAWA on the 75th minute and the whole stadium joined in for several minutes on both occasions.

Good idea to get the atmosphere going for the 'final push'.
Perhaps you could also do it on the 18th minute. I usually think the atmosphere is ok at the very begining but starts to settle down after 10 mins or so. Be a good way to pick it up and could become a wee tradition, and a nod to our history - 18 & 75.

hibee92
24-09-2012, 02:09 PM
I genuinely thought that this thread was gonna be about one of our players hitching a lift with a fan.

I'm really tired.