PDA

View Full Version : First 35 minutes against ICT

theonlywayisup
23-09-2012, 02:27 PM
...was the best that I have seen Hibs play for ages. In fact, I cannot remember the last time we played as well - it is that long ago!

Help me - when was the last time we played as well as the first 35 minutes.

Onwards and upwards - now we need to do it for the whole match.

Hibercelona
23-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Well there was a game against Celtic at ER a while back, where we were prolific in the first half and took a 1-0 lead, which could have been 3 or 4-0.

Calderwood must have gave them hell at half time, as we came out in the second half playing his way.

Alfred E Newman
23-09-2012, 02:51 PM
...was the best that I have seen Hibs play for ages. In fact, I cannot remember the last time we played as well - it is that long ago!

Dunfermline in the relegation decider?

theonlywayisup
23-09-2012, 02:56 PM
Dunfermline in the relegation decider?

Don't agree with that one - we were playing against totally mince defence that night and also Dunfermline strolled through our mid-field too easily for me.

Broken Gnome
23-09-2012, 03:14 PM

Rangers at Ibrox? To clarify, not the first 3-0, not the second 3-0, but the third 3-0...

hibsdaft
23-09-2012, 06:08 PM
i was wondering about this too.

i came up with the 1-0 at Hunbox under Collins, the one where we passed the ball uninterupted for ages towards the end.

hibeemikey21
23-09-2012, 08:12 PM
6-1 away to Motherwell about 5 years ago. 4-0 up by half time. Took the foot off the gas in the second half, which was a shame. Absolutely scintillating in the first half though.

Hibercelona
23-09-2012, 08:16 PM
6-1 away to Motherwell about 5 years ago. 4-0 up by half time. Took the foot off the gas in the second half, which was a shame. Absolutely scintillating in the first half though.

Boozy was Xavi that day.

theonlywayisup
23-09-2012, 08:29 PM

Yes - that was as good as it gets for a Hibs fans. That performance was up there as one of my memorable.

I think we have played well since then that was better than yesterday.

Games that come to mind are under Yogi when we beat Motherwell 2-0 nil at home, when we hounded them all day, and when we beat Hamilton 4 or 5 to 1. That game was typical Hibs. For sixty minutes we were brilliant, only to take the foot of the gas and were rubbish for the last thirty minutes.

Hibby Kay-Yay
23-09-2012, 08:50 PM
The 6-2 game was outstanding

Broken Gnome
23-09-2012, 09:10 PM
The 6-2 game was outstanding

That was 12 years ago, we've not been THAT bad since :greengrin

Hibby Kay-Yay
23-09-2012, 09:19 PM
That was 12 years ago, we've not been THAT bad since :greengrin

Wow, I feel old. :greengrin