PDA

View Full Version : Sept/Oct games

Spike Mandela
23-09-2012, 01:54 PM
The next four games will give us a real barometer of how we are going to do this season imo. Tough away games at Aberdeen, Ross County and Motherwell plus a home game where we will be favourites against Dundee.

To remain unbeaten in these four matches would be admirable, never mind winning a few but might give us a real indicator of our strength of squad heading in to the difficult winter months.

What do you think?

Keith_M
23-09-2012, 02:07 PM
I'm not sure if it will be any kind of Barometer to how our season goes. I think most of us have watched false dawns too often to get over excited when we have a decent spell.

I just hope we can keep the decent form going throughout the season but it would be nice if we could strengthen in the January window.

lucky
23-09-2012, 02:13 PM
All the teams in the SPL are capable of beating each other, with exception of Celtic. There are no easy games as yesterday proved.

Hibercelona
23-09-2012, 02:15 PM
You could tell that the lads were genuinely gutted yesterday about not taking all 3 points from the game, they quite literally looked sick about it.

The next 4 will be a real test for them, but I expect they'll give no less than 110% in every one of them, regardless of how each result turns out.

And that for me is infinitely times better than what we've witnessed over the last few years.

HTD1875
23-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Very very tough games. Will be interesting to see how we do up north previous teams have always struggled but we seem to be going out with a totally different mentality this season. Hopefully get 3 points against Dundee at home and pick up a few points away from home.

:pfgwa

silverhibee
23-09-2012, 03:36 PM
One game at a time please.

NAE NOOKIE
23-09-2012, 03:47 PM
Aberdeen dont score many goals, so if we can get one a draw is a reasonable objective.

Dundee are bottom of the league for a reason .. if we hope to do anything this season we would have to be looking for a win.

Ross County have scored 3 goals up to now, if we can get one a win would be the objective up there.

Motherwell .... Got to be the toughest of the 4 matches, but if we have done OK in the previous 3 games we would have to hope to have a good away support at Fir Park and hope for a draw, a win would be a huge bonus IMO. I dont get to many away games these days, but I would be seriously tempted to pop along to that one.

1 + 3 + 3 + 1 = 8 would be a good return from these fixtures.

Having said all that .... Its near enough impossible to predict results in this league just now ... so who knows :greengrin

HH81
23-09-2012, 03:48 PM
One game at a time please.

Without doubt your best post of the day.