23-09-2012, 10:50 AM
I'll be there

.Sean.
23-09-2012, 11:07 AM
Me + 3 or 4.

Usual 600 or so I reckon.

yeezus.
23-09-2012, 11:55 AM
I'm travelling from Stranraer next week. Just watching the Sheep now, currently 1 0 up.

yeezus.
23-09-2012, 06:44 PM
It's 12 o'clock kick-off so there'll be no pre-match pints in the St. Machar, only post-match pints, regardless of the score. :cb

Greendub
24-09-2012, 11:31 AM
I'll be in Ireland so it's a naw fae me

DanTheMan
24-09-2012, 03:49 PM
I'll be there, as usual +2 :agree:

Piqué
24-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Decided I'm going for it. 6 hours on the boat Friday night, spend 10 hours in Aberdeen then another 6 hours on the boat home on Saturday. :jamboak:Got one other persuaded to come with me, will try and get a few more on the Hibee train!

Franck Stanton
24-09-2012, 04:54 PM
Decided I'm going for it. 6 hours on the boat Friday night, spend 10 hours in Aberdeen then another 6 hours on the boat home on Saturday. :jamboak:Got one other persuaded to come with me, will try and get a few more on the Hibee train!

Impressed with your dedication mate. Hope you have a great day out. :top marks

Billy Whizz
24-09-2012, 05:09 PM

You mean the Hibee boat!🚣
Well done

shetlandhibee
24-09-2012, 07:52 PM

Great:thumbsup: hopefully you'll set the example for other hibees thats on the verge of coming:greengrin

Pretty Boy
24-09-2012, 08:04 PM
Working at 5 so might be a bit tight time wise.

Shame because Aberdeens a game I usually go to, chance to catch up with mates from my uni days.

Sir David Gray
24-09-2012, 08:28 PM
No chance due to the kick off time.

Would need to leave about 8:30am to get there at a decent time so it's the TV for me.

Chuck Rhoades
25-09-2012, 05:16 AM
No chance due to the kick off time.

Would need to leave about 8:30am to get there at a decent time so it's the TV for me.

What's wrong with 8:30am? Our bus leaves at 8am - you not a morning person :D?

Frazerbob
25-09-2012, 06:23 AM
Dilemma......I am taking my 6 year old, Aberdeen supporting, step son to the game. Ever since I move to Aberdeen in 2001 I have always gone to my mate's hospitality box for Hibs games. It's always a great laugh with free food & drink and a 50/50 split of Hibs and Sheep fans. However, I recon it's no place for the wee man with all the bevvy and "man talk".

So, do I take him to the home or away end?

Austinho
25-09-2012, 07:09 AM
Dilemma......I am taking my 6 year old, Aberdeen supporting, step son to the game. Ever since I move to Aberdeen in 2001 I have always gone to my mate's hospitality box for Hibs games. It's always a great laugh with free food & drink and a 50/50 split of Hibs and Sheep fans. However, I recon it's no place for the wee man with all the bevvy and "man talk".

So, do I take him to the home or away end?Hibs end - it's not too late to convert him!

marinello59
25-09-2012, 07:18 AM

Tough one. Aberdeen briefly ran a mixed family section in the Merkland stand which would have solved the problem for you. How about you tell him you will take him to the Hibs end this time and next time you will sit in with the Aberdeen fans. Hopefully we get a result on Saturday and he decides sitting with the Hibbys is the only place to be. :thumbsup:

one day maybe...
25-09-2012, 08:17 AM
Tough one. Aberdeen briefly ran a mixed family section in the Merkland stand which would have solved the problem for you. How about you tell him you will take him to the Hibs end this time and next time you will sit in with the Aberdeen fans. Hopefully we get a result on Saturday and he decides sitting with the Hibbys is the only place to be. :thumbsup:

yeah I took my daughter there once, only to be berated by some neanderthal, who was with his kid after Hibs scored. politely told him it was a family section and his behaviour was out of order. Never took my daughter back in that end again, strictly Hibs end only now.

Chuck Rhoades
25-09-2012, 08:36 AM

Hibs end. Get him in amongst a noisy, Hibs support! In fact - get your laddy to lead the way on the drum, that will convert him:devil:

.Sean.
25-09-2012, 09:01 AM
Some people go on about Aberdeen as if it's the opposite end of the world. It's 3 hours max in a bus.

The Sea-gull
25-09-2012, 09:13 AM
Some people go on about Aberdeen as if it's the opposite end of the world. It's 3 hours max in a bus.

:agree: Or two hours in your car (traffic dependent) from the Barnton round-about.

You can easy do to the outskirts of Dundee from Barnton in an hour. The tricky part is then going through the Dundee by-pass which can slow you up a bit but once you are through that and back on the A90 again you are talking an hour from the north of Dundee to Aberdeen.

Realise not everyone has a car or access to one or access to a supporters bus though and rail/public bus can be pricey and a long trip if you end up on the services that stop everywhere on the way up.

Folk talk about Inverness as if you need to have your passport to get there too. A wee bit longer than 2 hours to get up there but give yourself three and you should be fine.

Made the trip to Ross County when we played up there in the cup a couple of years ago and Dingwall is only about 10 - 15 mins drive past Inverness so even our furthest away trip is still only a 3 - 3.5 hour journey.

It is nothing compared to some of the away trips in England, never mind the bigger European countries.

Chuck Rhoades
25-09-2012, 09:31 AM
I would imagine the branch buses heading up will be nearly full, as with it being an early kick-off I can't see there being many trains that get you in on time.

Coach will take two and a half hours tops.

Frazerbob
25-09-2012, 10:33 AM

Exactly! There's a fair few of us who make the opposite journey most weeks yet some of the wimps in our support can't make the effort once or twice a season. Imagine having to get up at 8am!

I remember the days when we would have a cracking support up here, sometimes near filling the old Beach End. These days we are lucky if we have more than a couple of hundred. Sitting with a mixed crowd in the main stand, it is embarassing. Especially as they regularly bring over 1000, sometimes well over 1000 to ER and they have to make similar lengths of journey to most away games, not just once or twice a season. There seems to be some kind of invisable barrier at Dundee for most Hibs fans. It's just an hour further up the road.

Frazerbob
25-09-2012, 10:37 AM
Hibs end. Get him in amongst a noisy, Hibs support! In fact - get your laddy to lead the way on the drum, that will convert him:devil:

Believe it or not, I don't want to convert him. His Dad is a Dons fan and I appreciate the father/son bond around fotball. It's something I have always had with my old man and would hate not have that. I've taken his bird, his house and even his son to an extent, making his son a Hibby would be too far. :wink:

JimBHibees
25-09-2012, 10:40 AM
Exactly! There's a fair few of us who make the opposite journey most weeks yet some of the wimps in our support can't make the effort once or twice a season. Imagine having to get up at 8am!

I remember the days when we would have a cracking support up here, sometimes near filling the old Beach End. These days we are lucky if we have more than a couple of hundred. Sitting with a mixed crowd in the main stand, it is embarassing. Especially as they regularly bring over 1000, sometimes well over 1000 to ER and they have to make similar lengths of journey to most away games, not just once or twice a season. There seems to be some kind of invisable barrier at Dundee for most Hibs fans. It's just an hour further up the road.

To be fair it is very rare that Hibs have Aberdeen at home in a midday tv game. It seems to be the norm for this fixture at Pittodrie and would imagine the kick off time has a huge impact on the away support.

Used to be my favourite away trip when went by supporters bus years ago with stops in Stonehaven on way up and Perth on way back.

Frazerbob
25-09-2012, 10:46 AM
To be fair it is very rare that Hibs have Aberdeen at home in a midday tv game. It seems to be the norm for this fixture at Pittodrie and would imagine the kick off time has a huge impact on the away support.

Used to be my favourite away trip when went by supporters bus years ago with stops in Stonehaven on way up and Perth on way back.

The TV point is valid. We are always on TV up here these days yet not at ER, which is a bit odd. However, even when we're not on the box up here we tend to bring a poor crowd the last 10 years or so.

shetlandhibee
25-09-2012, 03:03 PM

Exactly:agree:
I wake up at 7:30 every morning surley others can wake at 8:00

Golden Bear
25-09-2012, 03:09 PM
I'm giving the Dons game a miss but seriously considering making a daftie trip to Dingwall on the 20th October for the match v Ross County.

.Sean.
25-09-2012, 05:55 PM
Exactly:agree:
I wake up at 7:30 every morning surley others can wake at 8:00

I'll be up around 6 as I need to get the bus from Haddington into town on Saturday morning. it doesn't really bother me, the mentality of many supporters in Scotland seems to be that if it's on the tele or over a 2-hour journey they ain't going.

What are away supports like in England, where a 3-hour journey is probably fairly standard? Genuine question as i've no idea.

yeezus.
25-09-2012, 05:58 PM
I'll be up around 6 as I need to get the bus from Haddington into town on Saturday morning. it doesn't really bother me, the mentality of many supporters in Scotland seems to be that if it's on the tele or over a 2-hour journey they ain't going.

What are away supports like in England, where a 3-hour journey is probably fairly standard? Genuine question as i've no idea.

Generally quite good I think. I had 2 mates who supported lower league teams. One supported Huddersfield one supported Rochdale. Huddersfield tend to take a good support wherever they went. I herd that Rochdale buses were often cancelled when it was a case of travelling to Bournemouth or Exeter.

WindyMiller
25-09-2012, 07:11 PM
My laddie wants to give his new car a run and offered to take the wife and I up there.

So I'm finishing night-shift at six (in the Weeg), home for seven then breakfast, before leaving around 8.

Sleep in the car up and back!

So that's 3 of us going that wouldn't normally.

Last time I was there I travelled with the Pentland bus. :thumbsup:

This will be quieter!