22-09-2012, 11:37 PM
I certainly couldn't make it... I'm in Kansas City. Any highlights? :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
23-09-2012, 07:07 AM
I certainly couldn't make it... I'm in Kansas City. Any highlights? :greengrin

Dorothy - is that you? ;)

Lurks
23-09-2012, 09:10 AM
http://www.yt.g00p.com/watch?v=dhrT_qKRJgg&list=PL0DF74379D4B448F0&index=2&feature=plcp

.Sean.
23-09-2012, 09:37 AM
http://www.yt.g00p.com/watch?v=dhrT_qKRJgg&list=PL0DF74379D4B448F0&index=2&feature=plcp
No chance is that a foul for their first goal - it's piss poor defending from Maybury.

GGTTH07
23-09-2012, 10:15 AM
Because you were in Dundee?

Aye that is where a was.. Complete roaster!

Tonez
23-09-2012, 10:21 AM
No chance is that a foul for their first goal - it's piss poor defending from Maybury.

Yep. He also got beat in the air easy when Williams pulled off a decent save.

Franck Stanton
23-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Have to admit I was wrong, yesterday at the game, from where I was sitting thought that the ICT player had fouled Maybury before scoring. On seeing it again in highlights, no way was it a foul, Maybury was out-muscled by a midget. With his experience he should have done better.

lucky
23-09-2012, 11:07 AM
Foul could have been given but Maybury should have been stronger. I thought he did ok yesterday but we keep losing goals through him. Might be worth giving McGrivan a game

DaveF
23-09-2012, 11:20 AM
Foul could have been given but Maybury should have been stronger. I thought he did ok yesterday but we keep losing goals through him. Might be worth giving McGrivan a game

If the McGivern deal was until the end of the season, then I'd be advocating him to play LB rather than Maybury, but it's not so I don't feel there is anything to gain by dropping Maybury just now. He has (arguably) cost us 2 goals but he has also brought a degree of stability to the defence that was sadly lacking.

Gatecrasher
23-09-2012, 12:19 PM
No way we should have dropped points yesterday, we are getting better though :agree:

Postman
23-09-2012, 01:39 PM

Having now seen it again, it was still a foul for me, boy ran through him from behind

nonshinyfinish
23-09-2012, 01:41 PM
Having now seen it again, it was still a foul for me, boy ran through him from behind

Would have been a very soft foul to give IMO. I'd be raging if that was given against a Hibs striker.

HoboHarry
23-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Dorothy - is that you? ;)
Aye, some walloper stole ma red shoes an' ah cannae leave till ah get them back...... :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
23-09-2012, 04:23 PM
A lot of refs would have given a foul .... but Maybury was powder puff and should have got rid of it

HH81
23-09-2012, 04:40 PM
No foul rubbish defending. Great strike from spoony for the 2nd though.

Always said Doyle is a good player and i think he looked good on them highlights.

FifeHibernian
23-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Spoony's was an absolute beauty! Good to see Doyle score as well. Plus there was Cairney's that hit the post! Looking good. Maybe only a draw but I'm loving being a Hibee at the minute :)

HIBERNIAN-0762
23-09-2012, 06:06 PM
Who posted up on here there was 200 ICT fans?

lol...:rolleyes:

one zero too many I think

DaveF
23-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Certainly not a foul for the ICT opener but Norris was still a twat as far as his refereeing went.

Overall, a good highlights package there which confirms just what a good game it was to watch yesterday.

basehibby
23-09-2012, 06:29 PM
A lot of refs would have given a foul .... but Maybury was powder puff and should have got rid of it

That was a foul for me - shoulder to shoulder contact is allowed - that wasn't shoulder to shoulder - the ICT striker put his arm OVER Maybury's shoulder and effectively pulled him down. Foul play plain and simple.

Hey ho though - it wasn't given and ICT were probably just about worth their point in what was an entertaining encounter.

JimBHibees
23-09-2012, 06:55 PM
That was a foul for me - shoulder to shoulder contact is allowed - that wasn't shoulder to shoulder - the ICT striker put his arm OVER Maybury's shoulder and effectively pulled him down. Foul play plain and simple.

Hey ho though - it wasn't given and ICT were probably just about worth their point in what was an entertaining encounter.

I agree wasnt as clear as I thought at the game however still knocks him over from behind clear foul. Highlights showed we played well and should have won, second goal was poor to lose to be honest.

LancashireHibby
23-09-2012, 06:56 PM
Very soft defending from Maybury for their first goal and I'd say the second was entirely preventable as well. Great work from Doyle for our first though and Spoony's was an absolute screamer, well done to him.

Johnny0762
23-09-2012, 07:33 PM
No way we should have dropped points yesterday, we are getting better though :agree:
Well we're not getting any better in that respect, in that we keep sitting back on a lead at home and are unable to see it out.

Bishop Hibee
23-09-2012, 09:05 PM
Well we're not getting any better in that respect, in that we keep sitting back on a lead at home and are unable to see it out.

We saw it out v Killie. If Griffiths had been fit he would have ripped the ICT defence to bits.

Fenlon has steadied the ship by putting experience and a bit of steel into the team. The next stage is a players with more pace and skill and that will take time and canny loans/transfers as their is little money available.

Hibs7
24-09-2012, 07:22 AM
Just saw highlights on bbc, poor defending by Maybury, when you are last man and in front if the attacker get the ball to safety no hesitation.
ICT second goal .. no Hibs defender at the back post 4 of them at the front post, so when Williams saves and the ball comes out to the back post 2 ICT players there and no Hibs defenders. Schoolboy stuff.

Alex Trager
24-09-2012, 07:53 AM
I'd have said it was a foul for their first goal, on Maybury.
Thought Hibs were poor in the second half, but the best I've seen them, this season in the first half.
Probably unlucky overall to have drawn.

Geo_1875
24-09-2012, 07:53 AM
Just saw highlights on bbc, poor defending by Maybury, when you are last man and in front if the attacker get the ball to safety no hesitation.
ICT second goal .. no Hibs defender at the back post 4 of them at the front post, so when Williams saves and the ball comes out to the back post 2 ICT players there and no Hibs defenders. Schoolboy stuff.

There was s defender marking Foran but he let him run away from him.

hibspayne
24-09-2012, 07:55 AM
Not great goals to lose but on the positive good finish by Wotherspoon and doyle looks hungry

matty_f
24-09-2012, 07:57 AM
I'd have said it was a foul for their first goal, on Maybury.
Thought Hibs were poor in the second half, but the best I've seen them, this season in the first half.
Probably unlucky overall to have drawn.

:agree:

mikethehibee69
24-09-2012, 09:54 AM
:top marks
Aye, some walloper stole ma red shoes an' ah cannae leave till ah get them back...... :greengrin

--------
24-09-2012, 10:07 AM

I agree wasnt as clear as I thought at the game however still knocks him over from behind clear foul. Highlights showed we played well and should have won, second goal was poor to lose to be honest.

I would agree with you guys. Problem for Maybury is that if he had gone down taking the ICT player with him (preventing the goal) Chuck Norris might just have red-carded HIM.

But the Inverness player pulls him down from behind. Foul. No argument, IMO.

GreenCastle
24-09-2012, 10:43 AM
Doyle goal - good to see his burst of speed and reaction to get stuck in and score :top marksMaybury also played his part keeping ball in play and not giving up when it was nearly out.

Maybury was fouled - soft foul or not - he is shielding the ball and gets pushed from behind. I thought it at the time during the game and seeing the replay from behind shows he gets pushed over. In other leagues such as Spain that is a foul every game.

Their 2nd goal - too easily turned in the box and Williams makes a great 1st save.

Enjoyed the game and it's a difference having a settled side who look like they care and give their all. We are getting there and it will take time but have patience and keep the positive support.

Pretty Boy
24-09-2012, 10:51 AM
Softer foul than I thought at the time but still a clear push imo.

JimBHibees
24-09-2012, 12:04 PM
Softer foul than I thought at the time but still a clear push imo.

Totally agree.

hibsbollah
24-09-2012, 12:09 PM
I dont thonk it was a foul, and i dont think it was necessarily 'shocking' defending either. He seemed to lose his footing/kick his back foot. Put it down to bad luck and move on.

big-mo
24-09-2012, 12:41 PM
Certainly not a foul for the ICT opener but Norris was still a twat as far as his refereeing went.

If it was the forward that had been on the receiving end of the same push by the defender, do you think that a foul would not have been given?

Saorsa
24-09-2012, 12:55 PM
Softer foul than I thought at the time but still a clear push imo.I would agree with that. It wasnae a bit of shoulder tae shoulder, he barged him out the road from behind. If the defender had done that tae the attacker I'd put my shirt on it being a free kick tae the attacking team and the defender getting at least a booking.

Speedway
24-09-2012, 01:12 PM
Maybury seemed to get caught trying to turn but then he is 73.

McPake credits him for having a calming influence on the whole back 4 so I'll give him a pass for this and the goal he scored for the yams but if he's culpable for a goal again in the next few weeks, I'd start asking questions.

He's also a right back playing left back.

Hibercelona
24-09-2012, 01:47 PM
We shouldn't even be debating right now over whether it was a foul or not, as the ball should have just been swept away as soon as Maybury had it. He took far too long to make his mind up about what he was going to do with it and got caught out.

However, despite that one error, he looked fairly solid overall.

I'm sure Fenlon will have them looking over these mistakes on video and pointing out exactly where the errors occurred and why they occurred.