PDA

View Full Version : Ben Williams

matty_f
22-09-2012, 06:36 PM
Never put a foot wrong today and some of his saves were outstanding.

Missed what he pushed their player for at the equaliser though.

Glad to see him annoyed to concede though, he certainly dudnt deserve to lose goals today.

A contender for motm.

Baldy
22-09-2012, 06:39 PM
Missed what he pushed their player for at the equaliser though. .

I think Forlan elbowed our player, possibly Maybury which left out player on the ground ... Maybury was having a few words with Forlan after the final whistle and jesturing to the goal mouth and swinging his elbow

erin go bragh
22-09-2012, 06:40 PM
Never put a hand:aok: wrong today and some of his saves were outstanding.

Glad to see him annoyed to concede though, he certainly dudnt deserve to lose goals today.

A contender for motm.

ggtth

DaveF
22-09-2012, 06:45 PM
He was very good today, and made 2 outstanding saves that I can recall.

Elephant Stone
22-09-2012, 06:49 PM
He'd have been my MOTM if it wasn't for Claros, been really impressed with him so far, will win us many points.

silverhibee
22-09-2012, 06:51 PM
Was my MOTM today.

matty_f
I think Forlan elbowed our player, possibly Maybury which left out player on the ground ... Maybury was having a few words with Forlan after the final whistle and jesturing to the goal mouth and swinging his elbow

Ah, missed that. Good on Ben for sticking up for his team mate.

Hibeesb0unc3
made a few brilliant saves today, hopefully this is an end to our run of poor goalkeepers

Jonnyboy
22-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Yep Ben was great today but I'd still put Claros just ahead of him for Man of the Match. Was surprised when the sponsors picked Cairney!

duffers
22-09-2012, 07:10 PM
If they hadn't scored the second, he would have won save of the season for the first save. Unbelievable reactions

vanNISHtelroy
22-09-2012, 07:12 PM

Retrospective red card like Letheren should have got? :)

DaveF
22-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Retrospective red card like Letheren should have got? :)

No, I saw it with terrible eyesight from 100 yards and Foran clearly went out of his way to attack Williams hands. Quite why players move to their weaker side can only be described as cheating :wink:

matty_f
22-09-2012, 07:16 PM
No, push was the wrong word. He sort of grabbed him. Also, Williams isn't a c***, whereas Letheren is. :greengrin

Pretty Boy
22-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Was much more choosy about what crosses he came for today, can recall him coming for 3 and caught 2 and got a good punch on the other one. That's an improvement.

His shot stopping has always been good and that continued today!

hibsbollah
22-09-2012, 07:19 PM
Ive been impressed with him, although he does have the tendency to drop a clanger, and his weak spot is judging the crossed ball. But some of his stops have been jawdropping.

Is he better than Stack, Mark Brown, Graeme Smith, Szamatolski, Maka, Zibi, Andy McNeil et al repeat ad nauseum? Yes.

vanNISHtelroy
22-09-2012, 07:20 PM
No, push was the wrong word. He sort of grabbed him. Also, Williams isn't a c***, whereas Letheren is. :greengrin

Touché!

Pretty Boy
22-09-2012, 07:34 PM
Ive been impressed with him, although he does have the tendency to drop a clanger, and his weak spot is judging the crossed ball. But some of his stops have been jawdropping.

Is he better than Stack, Mark Brown, Graeme Smith, Szamatolski, Maka, Zibi, Andy McNeil et al repeat ad nauseum? Yes.

In fairness my 18 month old niece is better in goals than at least 2, maybe 3 of the names on that list!

Scouse Hibee
22-09-2012, 07:38 PM
He's already proved he's a difficult keeper to beat when one on one, but those two reaction saves today really were top drawer.

NorthfieldHibee
22-09-2012, 07:55 PM

I'm impressed that Inverness can attract a player like him :wink:

givescotlandfreedom
23-09-2012, 01:30 AM
He made a couple of fantastic saves today. Kudos to Caley's goalie too who made a brilliant save in the second half.

Johnny0762
23-09-2012, 01:42 AM
Never put a foot wrong today and some of his saves were outstanding.

A contender for motm.

How refreshing to have a safe pair of hands in between the sticks. Someone you can be confident about.

One handed reflex save to the right in the second half was outstanding. More more more please.

silverhibee
23-09-2012, 03:18 AM
wake up HH

silverhibee
23-09-2012, 03:26 AM
Yep Ben was great today but I'd still put Claros just ahead of him for Man of the Match. Was surprised when the sponsors picked Cairney!

Claros was outstanding for us today Jonnyboy, the reason i thought Ben was MOTM was because the saves he made kept us in the game, think he made 4 or 5 top saves today.

Cairney was a strange choice from the sponsors for MOTM mind you. :agree:

PeterboroHibee
23-09-2012, 08:47 AM
Hes an excellent shot stopper but hes awful dealing with crosses, set pieces etc. Hopefully something that can be worked on in training, as I do like him.

Franck Le God
23-09-2012, 09:15 AM
Hes an excellent shot stopper but hes awful dealing with crosses, set pieces etc. Hopefully something that can be worked on in training, as I do like him.

He's hardly "awful".

iwasthere1972
23-09-2012, 09:27 AM
He's made some terrific saves in the games i've seen him in and not just yesterday. These saves have kept us in the game whereas if it had been in previous seasons they wouldn't have been saved by Stackie or the others. He was great yesterday and I have more confidence in him than I did in the others. Good signing.

Heisenberg
23-09-2012, 09:29 AM

Dealt with crosses etc yesterday well. Very happy to have him after the huge amount of below average players we've had in the GK position over the years.

PeterboroHibee
23-09-2012, 10:06 AM
He's hardly "awful".

In that aspect of his game, in quite a few of the games weve had this season (admittedly thats not a lot of games), he has been. Ive seen him make plenty of bad decisions, coming off his line when he didnt have any chance of getting the ball, or making it then dropping the ball.

I actually like him and Im more or less happy with him in goal, but I dont see the problem with saying he has a flaw to his game.

blackpoolhibs
23-09-2012, 10:44 AM
Some of his saves all season have been fanastic, if his ability to take crosses improve as it did yesterday he will become a firm favorite with the fans. :top marks

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Shaping up as the best pair of hands since Andersen. If we can pick a regular quality back " five", the we could be on to something this season.

iwasthere1972
23-09-2012, 04:22 PM
Some of his saves all season have been fanastic, if his ability to take crosses improve as it did yesterday he will become a firm favorite with the fans. :top marks

:agree:

Think I saw the guy in your avatar sitting in the FF upper yesterday with his son.

blackpoolhibs
23-09-2012, 05:36 PM
:agree:

Think I saw the guy in your avatar sitting in the FF upper yesterday with his son.

No his seat is next to ours, it was empty. He was rubbing deap heat into some wee boys legs yesterday, its some sort of fetish he has.

Northernhibee
23-09-2012, 05:44 PM
He's a very good keeper indeed, and his decision making is improving game by game.