PDA

View Full Version : referee (again)

matty_f
22-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Another dire refereeing performance today, do we actually gave any good refs left in the SPL?

theonlywayisup
22-09-2012, 05:48 PM
Another dire refereeing performance today, do we actually gave any good refs left in the SPL?

Bring back the Maltese refs.

ahibby
22-09-2012, 05:49 PM

He starte like a racing pedigree stalion and ended up going out like a donkey.

TornadoHibby
22-09-2012, 06:04 PM

Worst one so far this season IMO! :confused:

sbell1875
22-09-2012, 06:10 PM
I thought it was a clear foul on Maybury for their first goal.

In the 10 minutes leading up to half time he was absolutely dire and some of his decisions were shocking.

Although in the first I think it is easily the best we've played this season and both goals were excellent in entirely different reasons. Spoony, Cairney, Claros and Doyle were class today. For me though McPake and Deegan were off the pace a wee bit. Was pleased Caldwell got the start and he had a decent afternoon so hopefully more to come from him.

lucky
22-09-2012, 06:13 PM
Clearly KS ***** made him think he was the man to stand up to the home support. Hibs committed 11 fouls in the game yet still booked 3 players. Crainey's booking was a joke. He had a nightmare followed by his two assistants.

matty_f
22-09-2012, 06:13 PM
Worst one so far this season IMO! :confused:

I think so. Just before half time the west stand linesman flagged for what was a clear foul in our favour only fir the ref to play on.

Summed up his afternoon. Looked an obvious foul on Maybury for their opener as well.

Pretty Boy
22-09-2012, 06:15 PM
Foul for the goal then about 3 minutes after that he overruled his linesman who gave us a free kick. A guy just about took Hanlons head off (although admittedly his head was dipped) in the run up to McPakes booking then Cairney was booked for a great challenge.

If I was a Celtc fan.........

whiskyhibby
22-09-2012, 06:16 PM
Wonder when Craig Thompson is due to take charge at Easter Road?......................

Kato
22-09-2012, 06:25 PM
Ref looked to totally out of his depth and seemed to forget the law regarding advantage, as in play may be pulled back for a free if an advantage doesn't materialise. At times he took his cue from the ICT appeals and deferred to them a few times.

A complete cock in other words.

BarneyK
22-09-2012, 06:33 PM
What is the point of a linesman? Most of the time they wait to see which way the referee wants to give a throw before raising their flag, then when they finally give a decision off their own back, he takes no notice of it... :confused:

Viva_Palmeiras
22-09-2012, 06:45 PM
In the book Freakonomics (surprisingly NOT about the yams) there is a chapter on cheating in sumo
Wrestling. The author (prized economist Levitt iirc) then proves
Through stats that cheating went on. I wonder what he'd make of Scottish
Football ?!

Kato
22-09-2012, 06:47 PM
In the book Freakonomics (surprisingly NOT about the yams) there is a chapter on cheating in sumo
Wrestling. The author (prized economist Levitt iirc) then proves
Through stats that cheating went on. I wonder what he'd make of Scottish
Football ?!

Wouldn't take a book or even a section of a book to cover things. A small pamphlet or even a flyer would cover the whole subject.

DaveF
22-09-2012, 06:47 PM
I've praised a couple of referees this season so it's only fair to even things up.

Whoever was 'in charge' of today's game was a complete and utter erse. A modern day combo of Alan Freeland and Charlie Richmond.

greenlex
22-09-2012, 07:02 PM
I thought theref only got a couple of things wrong first half but deteriorated in the second. I thought we as a team seemed to lose the plot when a decision or two went agent us the last ten minutes of the first. After Inverness equalised I thought we should have made them be the team hanging on for a point but we seemed to run out of puff. My bra fresh pair of legs after the equalised might have done the trick. Fenlon mustn't really fancy war he had on the bench.

Jonnyboy
22-09-2012, 07:04 PM
I thought theref only got a couple of things wrong first half but deteriorated in the second. I thought we as a team seemed to lose the plot when a decision or two went agent us the last ten minutes of the first. After Inverness equalised I thought we should have made them be the team hanging on for a point but we seemed to run out of puff. My bra fresh pair of legs after the equalised might have done the trick. Fenlon mustn't really fancy war he had on the bench.

What's your choice of undergarments got to do with it A? :greengrin

greenlex
22-09-2012, 07:06 PM
What's your choice of undergarments got to do with it A? :greengrin
Ooooft. Good spot. Trust you. ** maybe a

Franck Stanton
22-09-2012, 07:12 PM
That idiot that was supposed to be a referee was a complete tool. He was the only person in the stadium who thought the ICT players out and out assault on Maybury in the lead - up to their 1st goal wasn't a foul for Hibs. Even Stevie Wonder turned to his mate and said it was a foul, his mate, Ray Charles agreed with him. He, [ref] then went into a world of his own and started booking players for the fun of it. What was the story with Cairneys booking ? Must have been That tool Thomson's love-child.

Brooster
22-09-2012, 07:17 PM
The ref started well then turned into a right fan dan. Saying that he called the first ict goal, never a foul, our players shouldnt get out muscled like that.

Col2
22-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Wonder when Craig Thompson is due to take charge at Easter Road?......................

Pencilled in for Jan 2 at pink palace.

Danderhall Hibs
22-09-2012, 07:42 PM
I think so. Just before half time the west stand lifespan flagged for what was a clear foul in our favour only fir the ref to play on.

Summed up his afternoon. Looked an obvious foul on Maybury for their opener as well.

What is the lifespan of the West Stand mate? Kebab!

matty_f
22-09-2012, 08:00 PM
What is the lifespan of the West Stand mate? Kebab!
:faf: autocorrect strikes again! Thematic!!

TornadoHibby
22-09-2012, 08:00 PM
I think so. Just before half time the west stand linesman flagged for what was a clear foul in our favour only fir the ref to play on.

:top marks

Thought that same too and will look forward to Sportscene (can't believe I typed that :wink: :greengrin ) to check that out with replays (hopefully)!! :agree:

Kato
22-09-2012, 08:01 PM
Pencilled in for Jan 2 at pink palace.

Pencilled in using a pen.

Kato
22-09-2012, 08:03 PM
:top marks

Thought that same too and will look forward to Sportscene (can't believe I typed that :wink: :greengrin ) to check that out with replays (hopefully)!! :agree:

If it is a foul (which from my point of view it was ) they may well edit it out.

Brooster
22-09-2012, 08:20 PM
Doubt it was a foul.

If it is a foul (which from my point of view it was ) they may well edit it out.

--------
22-09-2012, 09:02 PM
Doubt it was a foul.

According to the Sunday Mail, "Alan Maybury hit the deck after being pressured by Pepper, but referee Euan Norris waved play on as the Inverness player raced through and drove his shot in off the far post."

Am I being over-sensitive, or is the sleazebag who wrote that implying that AM dived?

nonshinyfinish
22-09-2012, 09:11 PM
According to the Sunday Mail, "Alan Maybury hit the deck after being pressured by Pepper, but referee Euan Norris waved play on as the Inverness player raced through and drove his shot in off the far post."

Am I being over-sensitive, or is the sleazebag who wrote that implying that AM dived?

You're being over-sensitive.

JimBHibees
22-09-2012, 09:20 PM
Doubt it was a foul.

Personally thought it was a very clear barge in the back and a foul all day long.

--------
22-09-2012, 09:23 PM
You're being over-sensitive.

It's a fault of mine, I agree.

I suppose I'll have to wait for the BBC highlights to make up my own mind.

Maybe I'll email Kilmarnock and ask Kenny S what HE thinks....

JimBHibees
22-09-2012, 09:33 PM
It's a fault of mine, I agree.

I suppose I'll have to wait for the BBC highlights to make up my own mind.

Maybe I'll email Kilmarnock and ask Kenny S what HE thinks....

Super Kenny admitted he has a fault with telling the truth and that he is glad that he has helped referees in making future penalty decisions this season. :rolleyes:

NAE NOOKIE
22-09-2012, 09:48 PM
I've watched refs all season long give fouls for what happened at ICT's first goal ... I have bemoaned for years the namby pamby stuff refs give fouls for ... but they do and in that context it was a foul on Maybury.

To ignore his assistant flagging for a foul when he was a lot nearer to the incident than he ( the ref ) was cant be right either.

Kato
22-09-2012, 10:07 PM
I've watched refs all season long give fouls for what happened at ICT's first goal ... I have bemoaned for years the namby pamby stuff refs give fouls for ... but they do and in that context it was a foul on Maybury.

To ignore his assistant flagging for a foul when he was a lot nearer to the incident than he ( the ref ) was cant be right either.

Yup.

If the TV shows it to be a foul I think the club should beyond sticking up for ourselves as they did last week and say something about the incident. It's been shown in this God forsaken footballing backwater that unless you stick up for yourself refs and the authorities which just allow other clubs to walk all over you, ( sometimes literally.)

LeighLoyal
22-09-2012, 10:12 PM
I need to see it on TV to know if it was a foul, we should have won that game today though. We'll play worse and win.

Scouse Hibee
22-09-2012, 10:14 PM
Personally think we only started howling at the ref once they had scored and we felt hard done to for not getting the decision of a foul on Maybury. The anxiety of the crowd then seemed to transfer to the pitch. Don't want to see us slamming the ref every week, we know the standard aint that great and just have to get on with it.

Kato
22-09-2012, 10:23 PM
Personally think we only started howling at the ref once they had scored and we felt hard done to for not getting the decision of a foul on Maybury. The anxiety of the crowd then seemed to transfer to the pitch. Don't want to see us slamming the ref every week, we know the standard aint that great and just have to get on with it.

In general I agree but calling out every now and again doesn't do any harm, whining every week would do - agree with that. If the telly pictures show a foul from a clear angle it might be worth saying something, cost us two points imho (from what I saw).

GoldenEagle
22-09-2012, 10:26 PM
I need to see it on TV to know if it was a foul, we should have won that game today though. We'll play worse and win.

So referee gets one look in a split second of a game and you want to watch a tv reply before laying into him.

LeighLoyal
22-09-2012, 10:31 PM
So referee gets one look in a split second of a game and you want to watch a tv reply before laying into him.

Where did I say I was going to lay into him? But if he got it wrong it's cost us two points.

Kato
22-09-2012, 10:43 PM

By the sounds of this thread it seems a lot of peoples first views, probably from differing angles, of the incident led them to think it was a foul. Not only that but from about the last 15 minutes of the first half the ref lost his grip on a few other things. No big deal as I was happy what I saw of Hibs play and attitude despite the score, but controversial things happen that are naturally going to be discussed. In the last week we've seen Hibs being called cheats, liars and an opposing goalie call for one of our players to be "thrown out the game". Not only that the mouthpiece that is Kenny Shiels will have his adherents in the matter. Why stand back and take that? Why not stick up for ourselves? We've seen Hibs being "dignified" regarding these incidents for quite a while now and it has got us nowhere. Players go out and are regarded soft touches as they know there will be no comeback. No need to rant and rave about it but speaking up can influence future games.

S.sct
22-09-2012, 10:56 PM
Ref looked to totally out of his depth and seemed to forget the law regarding advantage, as in play may be pulled back for a free if an advantage doesn't materialise. At times he took his cue from the ICT appeals and deferred to them a few times.

A complete cock in other words.

Agree, Plonker.....

Kato
22-09-2012, 11:09 PM
Agree, Plonker.....

You're right, he was a plonker.

ehf
22-09-2012, 11:44 PM
You're right, he was a plonker.

The ref was Euan Norris. He's normally OK but it was a blatant foul on Maybury for the first ICT goal, the linesman flagged but Norris ignored it. We were totally in control up to that point but never quite regained our dominance thereafter. He's basically cheated us out of two points and first place in the SPL.

Kato
22-09-2012, 11:54 PM
The ref was Euan Norris. He's normally OK but it was a blatant foul on Maybury for the first ICT goal, the linesman flagged but Norris ignored it. We were totally in control up to that point but never quite regained our dominance thereafter. He's basically cheated us out of two points and first place in the SPL.

Well there you go. He's worthy of mistrust based simply on the imbalance in the vowel/consonant ratio in his first name.

Saorsa
23-09-2012, 06:57 AM
Another dire refereeing performance today, do we actually gave any good refs left in the SPL?Not a one, is just about the degree of pishness these days. Absolutely woeful today. The foul not given on for the challenge Maybury before their 1st goal was a terrible decision IMO.

lapsedhibee
23-09-2012, 08:07 AM
Well there you go. He's worthy of mistrust based simply on the imbalance in the vowel/consonant ratio in his first name.

:greengrin This should in future be the standard by which all debates on hibs.net are judged and settled. Someone should, for example, analyse the entire content of the Wallet chant, and put the morality of that one to bed once and for all.

degenerated
23-09-2012, 08:27 AM

Using that criteria how bad would that Liverpool boy skrtl be as a whistler, he's in desperate need of a vowel or two :greengrin

Jones28
23-09-2012, 08:31 AM

Well said, however from where I was in the East, less than 50 yards away from it it looked like Maybury was pulled down and should've been a foul in any case.

matty_f
23-09-2012, 09:30 AM
Have seen the replay and i still think it's a foul. The mood the ref was in yesterday you could bet if that was a Hibs attacker it would have been pulled back for a free kick.

Franck Stanton
23-09-2012, 10:46 AM
At the game yesterday was sure that it was a foul on Maybury, even had a rant earlier in this thread. Now that I have seen the TV highlights and from a different angle am of the opinion Maybury was just out-muscled by a wee midget and went down far too easily, playing for the free kick if you like. Apologies to the ref and ICT for my rant. Maybury, with the experience he has should have dealt with the challenge a lot better.

PeeJay
23-09-2012, 12:19 PM
Just seen the highlights on Hibs TV - and the Maybury "foul" doesn't look like a foul to me (picture's not great and no reverse angle available, so not so easy to judge) - I don't think the ref had as bad a game as the Hibs TV commentators made out - Cairney's booking looked "acceptable" to me - he was taking no prisoners, with his studs showing - that's not allowed in this day and age, like it or not. McPake's booking also justifiable, he shouldn't let his frustration at perceived wrongs get the better of him.

A lot of other comments about the ref's so-called "wrong decisions" seemed to me to be down to blinkered fans IMO (not often the case on Hibs TV) - a perfect example being a claim for a high foot against Hanlon when Hanlon actually tried to head the ball while practically on his kneees - that's not a high foot, surely?

Thought the team generally played well, we lost a bit of concentration and shape when IC had a bit pressure and we conceded two sloppy goals; we should have made more of our chances and put the game to bed. Overall I don't think IC deserved the point, it's our fault for dropping 2 points, we should have had the game in the bag.

theonlywayisup
23-09-2012, 02:54 PM
At the game, I thought it was a definate foul. But having seen the replay, I do feel that Maybury went down to easy, out-muscled as the posters above had said.

My take on the ref yesterday was that he was trying to keep the game flowing, by not giving fouls. Unfortunately, when things go against you, you feel angry, and when the go your way, you think the ref is great.

So my take on the things that made me so angry yesterday, now that I have had time to reflect:

Maybury 'foul' before their goal - as I said above Maybury went down to easily.
Hanlon nearly losing his head before McPake fouled their player on the edge of the box. Hanlon's head seemed low, so not convinced that the ICT player could be accused of a high challenge. Also, not sure if the ICT player actually made contact.
Deegan yellow card after winning the ball first. Yes, he won the ball, but I think refs do clamp down if it is won in an overly aggressive manner - in this case his follow through could be viewed as dangerous play.
There were a few niggling challenges, hand balls, throw-ins that seemed to be played off their player first that was awarded to ICT, but I could not really tell from my view in the FFL. The ref is much closer so I hope he got them right.

Who would be a ref! :tin hat:

Geo_1875
23-09-2012, 04:38 PM
"High" foot would be dangerous play if it goes near the opponents head. So a foul even if opponent lowers head.

JimBHibees
23-09-2012, 05:18 PM
"High" foot would be dangerous play if it goes near the opponents head. So a foul even if opponent lowers head.

Thats wrong it could potentially be a foul against the player putting his head low.

Geo_1875
23-09-2012, 06:19 PM
Thats wrong it could potentially be a foul against the player putting his head low.

Depends who gets there first.

theonlywayisup
23-09-2012, 08:34 PM

Don't think so!

MB62
24-09-2012, 10:09 AM
I am beginning to wonder if we are being punished by refs for the stance our club took towards refusing Sevco entry in to the SPL. Could this be sevco sympathisers with a whistle taking their own form of retribution out on us? or am I starting to turn in to a dodger? :paranoid:

JimBHibees
24-09-2012, 10:15 AM

I don't think the East stand linesman flagged for the push on Maybury it was the West stand linesman for a foul at the half way line on the other side of the pitch that the ref waved away.

mikethehibee69
24-09-2012, 10:19 AM
At the game yesterday was sure that it was a foul on Maybury, even had a rant earlier in this thread. Now that I have seen the TV highlights and from a different angle am of the opinion Maybury was just out-muscled by a wee midget and went down far too easily, playing for the free kick if you like. Apologies to the ref and ICT for my rant. Maybury, with the experience he has should have dealt with the challenge a lot better.
Big Eric apologising for ranting at the ref and the opposition.........my my you've changed:wink:

Although I like you thought it was a foul and after the replay am still undecided!!!!, but Maybury did go down to easily:agree:

Kato
24-09-2012, 08:35 PM
Just watched the highlights and have to say I'm still unconvinced. From where I was in the east an elbow was used whereas in the highlights it looks a little less obvious. I can, however see why the ref didn't give a foul from his position.

MB62
25-09-2012, 07:51 AM
Big Eric apologising for ranting at the ref and the opposition.........my my you've changed:wink:

Although I like you thought it was a foul and after the replay am still undecided!!!!, but Maybury did go down to easily:agree:

I thought there was an arm in the back but agree that Maybury probably could have stayed on his feet and clear the ball. I am of the opinion now that we should be giving young McGivern a chance in there now, he may even be able to get up and down the park a bit better and help support our midfield and strikers, ala Davy Murphy.