PDA

View Full Version : Fans Drifting Back

Mikey
22-09-2012, 05:27 PM
I saw a few faces I recognised in the lower west today that I haven't seen at a game in a while. Long may it continue!

silverhibee
22-09-2012, 05:30 PM
From the East the West stand still looked pretty empty.

Pretty Boy
22-09-2012, 05:36 PM
No one can say they weren't entertained today so.hopefully the returners will, eh return, in a couple of weeks time.

Col2
22-09-2012, 05:40 PM
Good atmosphere and fans stuck at it when it was going against us a bit. Official attendance was 9908 with about 50 ICT fans.

theonlywayisup
22-09-2012, 05:47 PM
Good atmosphere and fans stuck at it when it was going against us a bit. Official attendance was 9908 with about 50 ICT fans.

Agree - attendances are edging upwards.

Billy Whizz
22-09-2012, 05:49 PM
BBC said crowd was 9808 today!
I thought there were a few more today than last week?

Keith_M
22-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Agree - attendances are edging upwards.

I realise this sounds a bit negative but I don't think there were any more at today's game than the last home match. The stadium's still less than half full.

Anyway, onwards and upwards.

Golden Bear
22-09-2012, 05:52 PM

A few more Hibs supporters but a few less away fans. (few being the word to describe the away support)

matty_f
22-09-2012, 06:25 PM
A few more Hibs supporters but a few less away fans. (few being the word to describe the away support)

:agree: Definitely getting busier in the West, and the East seems to be getting busier too.

Long may it continue.

Jonnyboy
22-09-2012, 06:57 PM
Busier around where I sit and I always reckon the 50/50 prize draw sum gives a fair indication of crowd size. It's risen slowly but steadily with each home game

Fat Stu
22-09-2012, 07:03 PM
I returned for the first time this season with a mate and have agreed to go back in 2 weeks time, even discussed half season tickets if performances continue in the manner like today.

sahib
22-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Nine points dropped this season already. Big improvement needed before I get a season ticket again. A club of our standing should never be below Motherwell in the league.

marinello59
22-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Nine points dropped this season already. Big improvement needed before I get a season ticket again. A club of our standing should never be below Motherwell in the league.

:rotflmao::rotflmao:

Jonnyboy
22-09-2012, 07:22 PM

Where o' where are those pesky smilies when you need them? :greengrin

Franck Stanton
22-09-2012, 07:25 PM

? - this has to be a wind-up. You are joking aren't you ?

Scouse Hibee
22-09-2012, 07:27 PM

That's a real shame, you're missed so much that SECT 43 have started singing "stand up if you miss sahib"

Pretty Boy
22-09-2012, 07:33 PM

Lol

sahib
22-09-2012, 07:36 PM
Where o' where are those pesky smilies when you need them? :greengrin

True, but someone will be thinking like that.:greengrin

Hibercelona
22-09-2012, 07:38 PM

Its embarrassing. :agree:

Players are lazy, non caring, not fit for the badge, lack Hibs flair.... etc.

.Sean.
22-09-2012, 07:39 PM
You're not missed. Do one.

Jonnyboy
22-09-2012, 07:42 PM

I think some have taken you seriously :greengrin

mim
22-09-2012, 07:43 PM

More like 250 ICT fans, I would have said.

Hibercelona
22-09-2012, 07:44 PM

You've railed one in, good job. :wink:

Hibercelona
22-09-2012, 07:45 PM
More like 250 ICT fans, I would have said.

No danger were there that many.

I would say about 80-100 tops.

Hibbyradge
22-09-2012, 07:51 PM

Did you know that the word "gullible" doesn't appear in the English dictionary?

.Sean.
22-09-2012, 08:12 PM

Huh? No way.

Northernhibee
22-09-2012, 08:23 PM

It actually doesn't, it's not an English word.

Hibbyradge
22-09-2012, 08:26 PM

:agree:

hibsbollah
22-09-2012, 08:34 PM

It would have been 9809, but i dozed off on the sofa and woke up after 3pm :boohoo:
Such are the perils of old age.

Dashing Bob S
22-09-2012, 08:56 PM
I saw a few faces I recognised in the lower west today that I haven't seen at a game in a while. Long may it continue!

We've some ways to go to recover from the trauma of the last two years, but it's slowly starting to become a place you actually enjoy, rather than fear, going to again. I've seen some old faces, blinking in the sun, looking like long-term hostages released from an Embassy siege.

--------
22-09-2012, 09:09 PM

Oh, Mr Radge, that one's got grey hair and wrinkles by now. :greengrin

semaj64
22-09-2012, 09:48 PM

Is there such a language as English surely it is an combination of many languages - cul-de-sac is one example

Of course Old Engish is derived from West Germanic tribes including Angles and Saxons, but then maybe I am gullible

NAE NOOKIE
22-09-2012, 09:54 PM
Not too bad a crowd today, but would still like to see another 3,000 on it.

Everybody got behind the team in the last 15 minutes, just like last week ... what a refreshing change from last season.

Its actually enjoyable going to ER this year ..... long may it continue :flag:

LeighLoyal
22-09-2012, 10:17 PM
Wasn't a bad turnout, although we're still well down on a few years ago. ICT's turnout was pitiful, 150 max I reckon.

edinburghhibee
22-09-2012, 10:43 PM
I was working the game today and from pitch side there was a point in the second half when I thought to myself how loud we were all 3 stands singing and clapping. That's what it's all about folks keep up the good work fellow hibees!!!

Jones28
22-09-2012, 11:54 PM
My first game of the season and I really enjoyed it! Already making plans to come up for the Dundee game!

Johnny0762
23-09-2012, 01:58 AM
:agree: Definitely getting busier in the West, and the East seems to be getting busier too.

Long may it continue.

I'll take your word for it but like someone else said the west didn't look any busier than usual, but it's one of those things. I've been in the east and thought it was busy until I seen highlights and seen it was half empty. On that note, the east looked quite lively again today. I'm a walk up but only missed one home game this season, looks like there's plenty others coming along too. As you said, long may it continue and will only benefit the club budget. Just arranging some away trips too, Aberdeen and Dingwall are on the cards for over nighters. Well looking forward to the games these days. Hope the steady improvement on the park continues and the crowds will come back.

Barney McGrew
23-09-2012, 11:10 AM
The game itself was pretty awful to be honest. Hibs without Griffiths are hardly a compelling sight.

And we need a new goalie ASAP!

Bizarre.

DaveF
23-09-2012, 11:13 AM
I went to ER for the first time in ages yesterday. It was quite strange with that Section 43 keeping up a constant barrage of noise. The game itself was pretty awful to be honest. Hibs without Griffiths are hardly a compelling sight.

If you are not fishing, then that's probably the daftest opinion of the game I will ever read!

matty_f
23-09-2012, 11:38 AM
I went to ER for the first time in ages yesterday. It was quite strange with that Section 43 keeping up a constant barrage of noise. The game itself was pretty awful to be honest. Hibs without Griffiths are hardly a compelling sight.

Would avoid the pre-match pints next time if I was you.

keep the faith
23-09-2012, 11:42 AM

Just wow!!!

The_Sauz
23-09-2012, 11:43 AM
No danger were there that many.

I would say about 80-100 tops.
The young lad behind me counted them....124:agree:

Golden Bear
23-09-2012, 11:44 AM

Maybe "heretoday" but after a post like that maybe you should consider going tomorrow.

The_Sauz
23-09-2012, 11:48 AM
It would have been 9809, but i dozed off on the sofa and woke up after 3pm :boohoo:
Such are the perils of old age.
Your only a young man FFS :greengrin
Wait until your 50+ and be watching the hibs for over 40 years.......that's when you feel very very old :na na:

Godsahibby
23-09-2012, 11:54 AM
I was one of those who did walk away, if I hadn't of had plans yesterday I would have been there. Will be back at ER next home game. :flag::flag:

silverhibee
23-09-2012, 12:55 PM

Strange.

Hibercelona
23-09-2012, 01:20 PM

:hilarious

If you thought yesterday was awful, then you obviously haven't been to ER over the last several years.

Saorsa
23-09-2012, 01:29 PM

And we need a new goalie ASAP!http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/crack_pipe-1_zps4a12cba8.jpg

iwasthere1972
23-09-2012, 02:08 PM

Rubbish.

Keith_M
23-09-2012, 02:15 PM
I hope we can break the 10K barrier soon as I think that would be a psychological boost and a nice milestone in Hibs' recovery.

If we get a decent result and performance against the Dons, I can see us breaking 10k against Dundee.

Onceinawhile
23-09-2012, 03:36 PM
9908 vs ict according to the official site. Regardless of the result with Aberdeen we should break 10k as I'm assuming that Dundee will bring at least 92 more supporters than caley and we should hopefully maintain levels. Just a case of keeping them coming back now!

Robinho08
23-09-2012, 03:46 PM
Yesterday and last week against Killie were my 1st home games in over a year. Great to be back. Sat with S43 yesterday(few seats away from the drummer) and full credit to these guys for keeping the singing up.

lucky
23-09-2012, 03:56 PM

Hope you are at the wind up. If not you must be the most clueless football fan in the world

KeithTheHibby
23-09-2012, 04:01 PM

You were doing so well until your last 3 sentences. Did you bang your head mid post?

NAE NOOKIE
23-09-2012, 04:09 PM

An end to end game with 4 goals ( unfortunately not all for us ) a brilliant goal from DW a good atmosphere in the last 20 minutes. Some great saves from our keeper, and some decent football played, especially by Hibs in the first half.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion of course, but your opinion of our keeper is strange to say the least, especially based on his performance yesterday. He's not perfect, but as somebody said elsewhere on here "you dont get perfection for the wages we pay" ... compared to what has gone before in the last 5 years the guy is Gordon Banks........ Trust me.

I presume from your post that you havnt seen a lot of Hibs in the last few years, perhaps you should renew your season ticket for your couch and go back to watching fitba on the telly.

heid the baw
23-09-2012, 06:03 PM
Enjoyed the game...Thought the support and atmosphere was first class... 2 good footballing sides...
Glad I went and will defo make then effort to get to more games this season, hopefully others feel the same.

kennyh
23-09-2012, 07:57 PM
Usually I just pick and choose my games and make 8 or 9 home games, Dundee will be my fourth as I "try" to believe in Pat Fenlon. I am really hopeful he is the man we need and if he is then results and performances will mean more fans come back soon and those extra bums on seats will mean Rod will have more cash in January to cut deals.
Great opportunity for Hibs right now, I just hope we don't fk it up as we have done so often

Glory Glory

Johnny0762
23-09-2012, 08:01 PM
I was working the game today and from pitch side there was a point in the second half when I thought to myself how loud we were all 3 stands singing and clapping. That's what it's all about folks keep up the good work fellow hibees!!!
Are you Pat Fenlon? :greengrin

marinello59
23-09-2012, 08:03 PM
An end to end game with 4 goals ( unfortunately not all for us ) a brilliant goal from DW a good atmosphere in the last 20 minutes. Some great saves from our keeper, and some decent football played, especially by Hibs in the first half.

This.
If you say you love football and you love Hibs why would you want to be anywhere else on match day. Maybe some fans want wooed with chocolates and flowers as well.:greengrin

Johnny0762
23-09-2012, 08:03 PM

Jambo.

MB62
24-09-2012, 08:56 AM

I don't know where they get their 'official' figures from, if it is the number that went through the turnstiles?
On Saturday in the East, before the game, I must have seen about 30 people in total coming through the doors that were being 'manned' by the stewards, no way could they have possibly been counted in to the official figures. They varied from being disabled with carers to Mum with a young bairn in her arms, and some that just looked they knew they guy on the door, all, or at least most had season tickets.

mikethehibee69
24-09-2012, 09:41 AM
:troll:

If this isn't a Yam at the wind up!! Then Carstairs State Hospital has lost a patient:wink: The team are starting to play with belief and spirit, we now have a spine and the midfield has a bit of fight, our goalie is improving each game, Doyle and young Caldwell played well together and Caldwell seems to be a decent player and Doyle doesn't give up and hopefully the feel good factor will continue and the fans will return.. I for one am starting to be a happier hibee than I have been in a long long time:pfgwa

Also Griffiths unfortunately may not be here after January, as in his current form we won't be able to keep him, unless Rod breaks the bank!!!

Mikey
24-09-2012, 10:57 AM
Also Griffiths unfortunately may not be here after January, as in his current form we won't be able to keep him, unless Rod breaks the bank!!!

Or we sell enough half season tickets :wink:

happiehibbie
24-09-2012, 11:01 AM
From the East the West stand still looked pretty empty.

from where is sit in the west the East looked empty

:)

Big Frank
24-09-2012, 11:03 AM
Or we sell enough half season tickets :wink:

Hibernian keep their mentality going, and keep winning or drawing and they will, without a doubt.

Put a team on the park and the fans will come (not the other way around as is often stated on here :wink:)

heretoday
24-09-2012, 11:20 AM
Enjoyed the game...Thought the support and atmosphere was first class... 2 good footballing sides...
Glad I went and will defo make then effort to get to more games this season, hopefully others feel the same.

I will definitely make an effort to attend more often so that I can add to the massive total of games that I have seen Hibs in since 1963. I know it's not fair to be too critical in these days of small budgets and straightened circumstances but everyone is entitled to an opinion and if I wasn't impressed with the match it was more a commentary on the standard of Scottish football in general these days which is poor in comparison to better times.

Me a Jambo? Take a running jump!

Phil MaGlass
24-09-2012, 11:39 AM
May I add, I was at the ADO Den Haag v Ajax game yesterday and because there is a ban on Ajax fans the club managed to shift almost 3 thousand tickets to kids football clubs in and around The Hague, the ground was almost full and the atmosphere was fantastic.
Im not here to slate Hibs but for the life of me cant understand why we cant atleast fill the stadium to around 15 thousand for all matches all you need is to either get these kids clubs to contact the club or the other way round there must be a register of clubs,give them a call tell them were planning to fill the stadium with kids and ask them to come pick up the tickets.Give them 20-40 tickets per club and voila the Dunbar end is full for every home game, you would make your money on crisps and juice etc and who knows from all these kids some might force their mum and dad along for another game:dunno: theres 10,000 seats not being used, LETS GET THEM FILLED by hook or by crook.

Golden Bear
24-09-2012, 11:47 AM
I will definitely make an effort to attend more often so that I can add to the massive total of games that I have seen Hibs in since 1963. I know it's not fair to be too critical in these days of small budgets and straightened circumstances but everyone is entitled to an opinion and if I wasn't impressed with the match it was more a commentary on the standard of Scottish football in general these days which is poor in comparison to better times.

In particular, I don't understand your criticism of our keeper. You're right, everyone is entitled to an opinion but I can't see the basis of yours based on Saturday's display.

Like you, I've supported Hibs for several decades and over each decade there have been many, many more turgid displays than I witnessed on Saturday.

lyonhibs
24-09-2012, 07:11 PM
May I add, I was at the ADO Den Haag v Ajax game yesterday and because there is a ban on Ajax fans the club managed to shift almost 3 thousand tickets to kids football clubs in and around The Hague, the ground was almost full and the atmosphere was fantastic.
Im not here to slate Hibs but for the life of me cant understand why we cant atleast fill the stadium to around 15 thousand for all matches all you need is to either get these kids clubs to contact the club or the other way round there must be a register of clubs,give them a call tell them were planning to fill the stadium with kids and ask them to come pick up the tickets.Give them 20-40 tickets per club and voila the Dunbar end is full for every home game, you would make your money on crisps and juice etc and who knows from all these kids some might force their mum and dad along for another game:dunno: theres 10,000 seats not being used, LETS GET THEM FILLED by hook or by crook.

The company that Hibs have outsourced the catering to - I like to call them "Pish Pizzas and Rock 'ard Pies", but I'm sure there's a more official name - would make any incremental revenue of that stuff, not Hibs who I assume have a fixed annual contract with the company.

In these times, it's a stadium full of paying customers we should be aspiring to, and the best way to that utopia is with a winning team on the park.

Johnny0762
24-09-2012, 09:59 PM

You must have been pished at the game then. :greengrin

The keeper had some fine stops and won us a point.

However, you are right in saying that the standard in Scottish football is poor but with time, and focus on youth players rather than budgets *****ed out on foreigners, it will improve.:aok:

basehibby
24-09-2012, 10:34 PM
:troll:

If this isn't a Yam at the wind up!! Then Carstairs State Hospital has lost a patient:wink: The team are starting to play with belief and spirit, we now have a spine and the midfield has a bit of fight, our goalie is improving each game, Doyle and young Caldwell played well together and Caldwell seems to be a decent player and Doyle doesn't give up and hopefully the feel good factor will continue and the fans will return.. I for one am starting to be a happier hibee than I have been in a long long time:pfgwa

:agree: And young Williams the keeper is already starting to look like an excellent capture :thumbsup:

Phil MaGlass
25-09-2012, 08:31 AM
The company that Hibs have outsourced the catering to - I like to call them "Pish Pizzas and Rock 'ard Pies", but I'm sure there's a more official name - would make any incremental revenue of that stuff, not Hibs who I assume have a fixed annual contract with the company.

In these times, it's a stadium full of paying customers we should be aspiring to, and the best way to that utopia is with a winning team on the park.

I agree, but were never going to fill the stadium,even with a winning team on the park,we give the clubs free entrance and sell scarves and flags under in the foyers,if we cant make money on pish pizzas, where theres a will theres a way to make money, just get the stadium fill. Kids that have a good matchday experience will want to come back, that will pay dividends in years to come.

Onceinawhile
25-09-2012, 09:03 AM

Livingston tried this for years. It never worked.

scoopyboy
25-09-2012, 12:20 PM
The young lad behind me counted them....124:agree:

Didn't count them very well, there were 227.

MB62
25-09-2012, 12:46 PM
Didn't count them very well, there were 227.

Maybe he counted them at half time when half of them were away getting a pie :wink: :greengrin