PDA

View Full Version : Wotherspoon's performance

Scott Allan Key
22-09-2012, 05:12 PM
I just thought today he was immense, his confidence soared after THAT peach of a goal and he deserves credit for what I thought was a perhaps, MOTM display.

:pfgwa

Heisenberg
22-09-2012, 05:14 PM
Had one of his best games for a long time. Played in decent crosses and scored a peach. Hopefully his confidence is growing and he can deliver more of the same

DaveF
22-09-2012, 05:16 PM
He was brilliant. Worked his erse off, scored a peach and always wanting the ball. Easily the best game I have seen him play and long may it continue.

lucky
22-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Played ok today. Great goal but still not working hard enough in defence. Also pulls out challenges. But it was a lot better from him. Hopefully he continues to perform and improve.

hibee_girl
22-09-2012, 05:18 PM
He wasn't having the best of games before the goal but came into his own after it. Wouldn't say he was MOTM though.

Golden Bear
22-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Much more like the Wotherspoon that used to play for Hibs.

Welcome back David!

edinburghhibee
22-09-2012, 05:24 PM
Well done David thought you were motm today keep it up

JIm
22-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Excellent going forward today especially in 1v1 situation, decent delivery, forward running, and kept ball well. Worked hard but agree he doesnt always do as well as he could defensively, all in all though a cracking performance, oh and a not bad goal to :wink: well done David Wotherspool.

Pretty Boy
22-09-2012, 05:33 PM
He's so frustrating. Does a lot of good and a his fair share of bad stuff.

Worked his erse off today though, scored a peach and looked dangerous a fair number of times. Still looks a yard slow at times though.

Didn't mean that to sound critical, if he played like that every week then a lot less people would be on his back.

Shrekko
22-09-2012, 05:38 PM
Just hope the crowd can keep backing him- most of us know there's ability there, but he needs a better environment to bring it out more often.

It will never hide the fact that he has performed below the standards he should be at in the past couple of seasons but he did certainly showed a couple of the more moronic posters on here that he certainly has the skill to be a full time footballer!

Wotherspoon playing like he did today more often would enhance the team so hopefully he kicks on.

HibeeN
22-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Seemed to play with much more confidence after his goal, getting into dangerous areas and putting in some decent balls. I thought he did well today, hope he keeps it up! :thumbsup:

S.sct
22-09-2012, 05:42 PM
Thought Spooney had a good game today but would go for Claros as MOTM. Spoon is slowly improving again, certainly more confident.

lumbo_hfc
22-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Thought wotherspoon grew in confidence after his goal and looked a different player from what we've seen from him this seaso, Would have been my man of the match if it wasn't for claros who was outstanding, think they were a week late in giving cairney the man of the match!!

whiskyhibby
22-09-2012, 06:20 PM
Spoony had a great game today started the move for the 1st and scored the second ........what else can he do?

matty_f
22-09-2012, 06:21 PM
Thought Spooney had a good game today but would go for Claros as MOTM. Spoon is slowly improving again, certainly more confident.

:agree: Claros was terrific today, Spoony not that far behind him. Super goal, will be one of the best we see at Easter Road this season.

ManBearPig
22-09-2012, 06:39 PM
Claros without a doubt MOTM today. ALthough Spoony was superb. long may it continue

Seveno
22-09-2012, 06:42 PM
Interesting to hear Pat's post match interview when he said that they had been working on Spoony's confidence. It seems to be working.

Great to see him taking a man on again and what a goal.

Franck Stanton
22-09-2012, 07:15 PM
Thought wotherspoon grew in confidence after his goal and looked a different player from what we've seen from him this seaso, Would have been my man of the match if it wasn't for claros who was outstanding, think they were a week late in giving cairney the man of the match!!

This.:top marks

Hibeescott
22-09-2012, 08:48 PM
Played ok today. Great goal but still not working hard enough in defence. Also pulls out challenges. But it was a lot better from him. Hopefully he continues to perform and improve.

Played ok? Really?!

I was sitting watching the game today thinking surely to god there cant be anyone on here tonight that cannot see how great a game he had today.

He scored probably the best goal we will see all season, beat his man on several occasions, got good crosses in, a couple of excellent corner deliveries and worked hard.

But sadly I was wrong.

Macaroon
22-09-2012, 08:58 PM
Are there videos up anywhere of his goal? Really want to see it!

Northernhibee
22-09-2012, 09:03 PM
What's most pleasing is our midfield was by far our weak link last season.

This year our midfield is creating a number of MOTM worthy performances. Very pleasing indeed.

hibee_girl
22-09-2012, 09:07 PM
Are there videos up anywhere of his goal? Really want to see it!

It's on official site now

SMAXXA
22-09-2012, 09:10 PM
one of the best games I have seen him play for a long time, great goal too. Agree with another poster he is very frustrating at times, sometimes tries to beat players too often rather than whip in the cross earlier. Claros was by far and away mom today but credit to DW where its deserved well done lad.

Let's build on this and prove the doubters (me included) wrong, just like Hanlon is doing.

Macaroon
22-09-2012, 09:26 PM

Thank you. :aok:

Twiglet
22-09-2012, 09:39 PM

I can't get it to play, it stops after the advert. Are my settings wrong? Tried chrome, ie8, safari and firefox.

nonshinyfinish
22-09-2012, 09:46 PM
I can't get it to play, it stops after the advert. Are my settings wrong? Tried chrome, ie8, safari and firefox.

Same, plays the advert and then stops, doesn't matter which browser. Petrie you swine! :grr:

Macaroon
22-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Same, plays the advert and then stops, doesn't matter which browser. Petrie you swine! :grr:

Yup, getting the same problem. Wotherspoon broke the flash player with his skills

7 Hills
22-09-2012, 10:06 PM
David's best game in a while - lovely to see and what a f-eckin' goal! :not worth

Just shows what a bit of confidence can do for a player's game! No need for Hibs fans to abuse our own team - that's what the opposition and match officials are there for! :wink:

LeighLoyal
22-09-2012, 10:08 PM
I think he has moved up a gear, good skills.

Northernhibee
22-09-2012, 11:46 PM
Highlights are up on Hibs TV; that is as good a goal as you'll see in the SPL all season. Fantastic control and strike. Take a bow Spoony.

The Voice Of Reason
24-09-2012, 10:16 AM
I have been a fairly vocal critic of Wotherspoon on this messageboard (only because I feel his performances have merited that).

Delighted to hear the he played better on Sat and his goal sure was a cracker (I couldn't make the game but watched the highlights).

If he turns it round and starts performing regularly like he seems to have done on Saturday then I will happily eat humble pie !

Keep it up please David.

happiehibbie
24-09-2012, 10:52 AM
I sometimes wonder what games people attend.

I have watch some absolute S t at easter road over the last 3 yrs or so mainly due to player being not good enough or being played out of position by so called managers.

Spoony today was excellent from start to finish he is in a position that suits him to a T but what i must say is he was for me man of the match. I belive credit should go to young caldwell also he held up the ball brought other players into the game well . just needs to use his strengh to push the defenders about a bit better.

my main point is this WHAT A DIFFRENCE the whole team performance and effort excellent please lets take this and move forward lets hope that the suppoert starts coming through the gate also section 43 were excellent as where the rest of the crowd I like the hand clap as it seems to build round the stadium even where i sit the directors (some not RP) joined in lets hope this continues.

lets stay positive and enjoy it while it lasts :flag:

happiehibbie
24-09-2012, 11:03 AM
Just watched the highlights am sure Witherspoon is involved in most of them

Northernhibee
24-09-2012, 11:10 AM
Some roaster on one of the Hibs facebook pages saying that Spoony has no skill and is on his best day a first division player.

We're still not shot of all them like. Spoony has really stepped up to the plate as of late, really chuffed for the lad.

Phil MaGlass
24-09-2012, 11:20 AM
David's best game in a while - lovely to see and what a f-eckin' goal! :not worth

Just shows what a bit of confidence can do for a player's game! No need for Hibs fans to abuse our own team - that's what the opposition and match officials are there for! :wink:

Exactly, so many folk on here were getting on his case over the last year or so, its amazing what confidence can do, it breeds confidence, for me it actually shows how bad the previous squad were, I completely blame them for him not putting in the performance many of us know he can. Seems the players positive attitudes, will and determination are paying off dividends and for any more proof, just take a look at Claros.
Long may it continue.
Also great to hear the Hibs support getting loads of plaudits for getting behind the team as they are doing, long may it continue, big well done to Sect43.

PeeJay
24-09-2012, 11:25 AM
From what I saw of the highlights on Hibs TV and the Beeb, Wotherspoon had a really excellent game for Hibs on Sat. His goal oozed confidence and that from a young lad that seemed recently to have been lacking it. His ability IMO was always there, not sure why he lost the plot for so long, but maybe Fenlon and his coaching team are now finally getting through to him and helping him develop? Maybe it is really just a confidence factor as suggested elsewhere? Anyway, it's great to see him performing so well.

London Hibs FC
24-09-2012, 11:36 AM
I have been a fairly vocal critic of Wotherspoon on this messageboard (only because I feel his performances have merited that).

Delighted to hear the he played better on Sat and his goal sure was a cracker (I couldn't make the game but watched the highlights).

If he turns it round and starts performing regularly like he seems to have done on Saturday then I will happily eat humble pie !

Keep it up please David.

I'm in the same boat as you TVOR!!

I'm only going by what I've seen in the televised matches, highlights on the fishy site, radio commentaries and feedback here but it seems that he's steadily improving with every match which can only bide well for us ....... long may it continue David!!

GGTTH.

blackpoolhibs
24-09-2012, 11:38 AM
Maybe his best game in a Hibs shirt? He's had some stinkers and taken the stick for them, its only fair when he plays well he should get the praise his performance deserved. :top marks

.Sean.
24-09-2012, 11:40 AM
He's like a new player.

Seveno
24-09-2012, 12:09 PM
Thanks Pat, and his work with Spoony, it's like having another new signing.

Northernhibee
24-09-2012, 12:46 PM
He's like a new player.

There's quite a few players we could say that about too. Hanlon, Claros, Doyle, I'd even go as far as Griffiths looks ten times better this season. It's great stuff.

Heedersnvolleys
24-09-2012, 01:05 PM
There's quite a few players we could say that about too. Hanlon, Claros, Doyle, I'd even go as far as Griffiths looks ten times better this season. It's great stuff.

Even maybury, he just looks better cos he is wearing green! Can stand that colour he used to wear! Yuk

The Voice Of Reason
24-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Some roaster on one of the Hibs facebook pages saying that Spoony has no skill and is on his best day a first division player.

We're still not shot of all them like. Spoony has really stepped up to the plate as of late, really chuffed for the lad.

To be fair, a lot of his performances have been that bad that he would be doing well to get a game in a THIRD Division team ! (By the way, I am not the Facebook "roaster"!)

Lets hope he keeps his performance level from Saturday up - the goal aside it would appear his general play was MUCH better. As Blackpool Hibs says, he has been rightly lambasted for a lot of poor performances, so credit where credit is due for Saturday's display.

As said before, keep it up please David.

superfurryhibby
24-09-2012, 04:24 PM
Wotherspoon was outstanding on Saturday. He seemed to really appreciate the support and showed fantastic skills on the ball throughout. His goal was excellent and was worthy of a fine overall performance.

I have always felt he has great skills and quick feet, although like many I agree that he has been poor far too often. I honestly believe that he is the best player on the ball at ER.

He has said before that he favours a central midfield role and I would love to see him grow into that position, feeling that his ability to drift past a man and pass effectively would give us an attacking threat that has been lacking from our central players for a good while. Hats off to David and long may it continue.

ancient hibee
24-09-2012, 05:02 PM
Could it be that rather than confidence what we are seeing is the benefit of competition for places?

Heedersnvolleys
24-09-2012, 05:27 PM
Could it be that rather than confidence what we are seeing is the benefit of competition for places?

And better players around him? As he probably has least competition for a place than anybody wide right!

Wotherspiniesta
24-09-2012, 05:35 PM

Keep it up please David.

Fair play for giving credit where its due.:aok:

He's been much improved this season and is building his confidence back up. Pat talked a bit about working on his confidence after the match and he seems to be a lot more confident with his ability at the start of this season. That goal was a cracker :agree:

Still remember the "never make it as a professional footballer" comment from yourself, Voice Of Reason :hilarious

Hopefully a few more good performances from D and you'll be chewing on more humble pie :thumbsup:

Piqué
24-09-2012, 05:45 PM
And better players around him? As he probably has least competition for a place than anybody wide right!
With Stevenson and possibly Taiwo competing for a slot on the left wing it could affect Wotherspoon indirectly. I'm sure Cairney could easily be moved to the right side if DW wasn't performing. Happy with the way the current team are playing right now though so no need for change.

The Voice Of Reason
24-09-2012, 07:52 PM
Fair play for giving credit where its due.:aok:

He's been much improved this season and is building his confidence back up. Pat talked a bit about working on his confidence after the match and he seems to be a lot more confident with his ability at the start of this season. That goal was a cracker :agree:

Still remember the "never make it as a professional footballer" comment from yourself, Voice Of Reason :hilarious

Hopefully a few more good performances from D and you'll be chewing on more humble pie :thumbsup:

What took you do long to post in this thread ?!?!😉

If he had kept on being so bad he would have struggled to get a full time club after hibs ! Let's not rain on the parade though, I hope he keeps the good form up. If so, i look forward to eating more humble pie! :-) 😄

Wotherspiniesta
24-09-2012, 08:59 PM
What took you do long to post in this thread ?!?!

If he had kept on being so bad he would have struggled to get a full time club after hibs ! Let's not rain on the parade though, I hope he keeps the good form up. If so, i look forward to eating more humble pie! :-) 

That's your opinion. He was never half as bad as you made him out to be and some of the things you came out with last season were embarassing.

He wasn't brilliant last season, and was poor in games. I thought he was very unfortunate not to make the cup final team and that must have been a massive blow for the lad. He's responded brilliantly however and finally getting a run of games in one position which has seen his confidence blossom. Credit to him and credit to Pat for bringing out the best in him. Hopefully now we can see the player who burst onto the scene a few years ago.

Also, hopefully it will give encouragement to Booth, who's career and develeopment has been very similar to Wotherspoon.

Jonnyboy
24-09-2012, 09:07 PM
One or two have made this point already but I'm repeating it because it's a crucial element regarding Spoony. Pat has had one to one sessions with the lad to work on improving his confidence and it is paying dividends. Ask any player or manager and they'll tell you the game is played inside the head as much as it is in the physical sense on the park.

Noisy encouragement from the stands makes a huge difference so lets all follow the lead set by S43 and join in the singing and chanting :thumbsup:

MB62
25-09-2012, 07:45 AM
One or two have made this point already but I'm repeating it because it's a crucial element regarding Spoony. Pat has had one to one sessions with the lad to work on improving his confidence and it is paying dividends. Ask any player or manager and they'll tell you the game is played inside the head as much as it is in the physical sense on the park.

Noisy encouragement from the stands makes a huge difference so lets all follow the lead set by S43 and join in the singing and chanting :thumbsup:

IMO, One of the big faults of Spoonie in the past was his inability or lack of awareness to read the game, e.g. matching runs from players he should have been or had been marking. On Saturday, a good bit before he scored his 'goal of the season' he tracked back to cover for Clancy and put in a great blocking tackle in the six yard box to kncok the ball out for a corner, exactly the thing he has failed to do in the past.
Whilst Claros also had a very good, I would have to give MOTM to Spoonie for his goal alone. Was puffing a fair bit towards the end and personally I would have subbed him for Sproule in the last 15 minutes but all credit to the lad for an excellent performance.

He's Green, He's White
and never injured like Scotty Broon
He's Wotherspoon
Wotherspoon

The Voice Of Reason
25-09-2012, 08:11 AM
That's your opinion. CORRECT, IT IS He was never half as bad as you made him out to be and some of the things you came out with last season were embarassing. THATS YOUR OPINION - CHECK OUT THE PLAYER RATINGS THREADS TO SEE WHAT EVERYONE ELSE THOUGHT OF WOTHERSPOON'S PERFORMANCES - YOU WILL SEE THAT MY OPINION ON HIS PERFORMANCES WAS ECHOED BY THE VAST VAST MAJORITY OF POSTERS
He wasn't brilliant last season, and was poor in games. THAT'S AN UNDERSTATEMENT ! I thought he was very unfortunate not to make the cup final team and that must have been a massive blow for the lad. He's responded brilliantly however and finally getting a run of games in one position which has seen his confidence blossom. Credit to him and credit to Pat for bringing out the best in him. Hopefully now we can see the player who burst onto the scene a few years ago. AGREED Also, hopefully it will give encouragement to Booth, who's career and develeopment has been very similar to Wotherspoon.

See my comments in bold above.

As previously stated, credit where credit is due. I hope he maintains the performance level from Saturday and takes that into future games - time will tell if that happens (I am sure if he even gets passmarks you will be on here casting up some previous comments of mine!) :faf:

Northernhibee
25-09-2012, 11:36 AM
That's your opinion. He was never half as bad as you made him out to be and some of the things you came out with last season were embarassing.

He wasn't brilliant last season, and was poor in games. I thought he was very unfortunate not to make the cup final team and that must have been a massive blow for the lad. He's responded brilliantly however and finally getting a run of games in one position which has seen his confidence blossom. Credit to him and credit to Pat for bringing out the best in him. Hopefully now we can see the player who burst onto the scene a few years ago.

Also, hopefully it will give encouragement to Booth, who's career and develeopment has been very similar to Wotherspoon.

:agree:

Wotherspoon is a very good player who has been absolutely wasted in lump-it-and-run teams and had his confidence eroded. Now he's in a passing team again and his confidence is building, we're beginning to see him come close to his potential again. Very excited about the season ahead for Spoony.

jdships
25-09-2012, 12:12 PM

Wotherspoon is a very good player who has been absolutely wasted in lump-it-and-run teams and had his confidence eroded. Now he's in a passing team again and his confidence is building, we're beginning to see him come close to his potential again. Very excited about the season ahead for Spoony.

That for me says it all
I have noticed slowly but surely his confidence has been improving and he has been taking on his man more and more often .
' Very excited about the season ahead for Spoony.' exactly , there is very good footballer in this lad and hopefully PF is the man to give him the chance to show us the real 'Spoony .

:flag:

Russ
25-09-2012, 12:55 PM
Spoony had a great game today started the move for the 1st and scored the second ........what else can he do?
He can improve his fitness for one, and be more robust in the challenge for two, in the second half he pulled out of a challenge that the other 3 in midfield would have went in with a crunching tackle. That said he did have one of his better games, but that wouldn't be very hard given his previous form.

jdships
25-09-2012, 01:28 PM
He can improve his fitness for one, and be more robust in the challenge for two, in the second half he pulled out of a challenge that the other 3 in midfield would have went in with a crunching tackle. That said he did have one of his better games, but that wouldn't be very hard given his previous form.

Sorry but can't agree with that .
' Pulling out of a tackle ' has everything to do with how the player sees the situation as it is happening and as to ' other 3 in midfield would have went in with a crunching tackle.' that's purely an opinion . How do we know what their reaction to that situation would have been ?
We Scot's have this wonderful trait of criticising for the sake of it !!
Anyone successful at business get's labelled with ' has to have been at the fiddle to get there' any sportsman who is successful almost certainly will have a negative comment made.
I hold my hand up and say Spoony has never been my favourite player but for goodness sake let's give him credit for working hard over the past weeks

:wink::greengrin:flag:

Northernhibee
25-09-2012, 01:56 PM
' Pulling out of a tackle ' has everything to do with how the player sees the situation as it is happening and as to ' other 3 in midfield would have went in with a crunching tackle.' that's purely an opinion . How do we know what their reaction to that situation would have been ?
Anyone successful at business get's labelled with ' has to have been at the fiddle to get there' any sportsman who is successful almost certainly will have a negative comment made.
I hold my hand up and say Spoony has never been my favourite player but for goodness sake let's give him credit for working hard over the past weeks

Spoony so far this season hasn't been "good compared to past performances", he's just been plain good. Assists, a cracking goal, good work rate, growing confidence. He's just been very good for us, without the need for qualifying that statement.

Golden Bear
25-09-2012, 03:16 PM
Spoony so far this season hasn't been "good compared to past performances", he's just been plain good. Assists, a cracking goal, good work rate, growing confidence. He's just been very good for us, without the need for qualifying that statement.

There's also a marked difference in his fitness levels this season.

superfurryhibby
25-09-2012, 03:37 PM

Where does the fitness question mark come from? He's a young lad and hardly carrying weight, a non-issue.

I will settle for David being the most skillful Hibs player on the ball, scoring an excellent goal, some excellent passing and generally creating a menace of himself everytime he went forward. I also liked his interaction with the fans and the fact that he clearly enjoyed the support he received.

Each to their strengths. I wouldn't really expect Deegan to turn his opponent inside out before despatching a dangerous cross into the box. I would expect him to committ to a crunching 50-50 tackle though and back him to win it more often than not.

Russ
25-09-2012, 03:41 PM

Give him credit for working hard? LOL ok then. As for the challenge I was right in front of it, and trust me HE BOTTLED IT. I hope i'm proved wrong with Spoony, I would love him to make it, I just can't see that much of an improvement tbh. 1 game make a footballer not, he's had way too many bad games.

Golden Bear
25-09-2012, 03:43 PM
I never read Russ's post before saying that DW has improved his fitness this season. I thought he was carrying a bit of surplus weight last season but he's not now that's for sure.

jdships
25-09-2012, 03:46 PM
Where does the fitness question mark come from? He's a young lad and hardly carrying weight, a non-issue.

I will settle for David being the most skillful Hibs player on the ball, scoring an excellent goal, some excellent passing and generally creating a menace of himself everytime he went forward. I also liked his interaction with the fans and the fact that he clearly enjoyed the support he received.

Each to their strengths. I wouldn't really expect Deegan to turn his opponent inside out before despatching a dangerous cross into the box. I would expect him to committ to a crunching 50-50 tackle though and back him to win it more often than not.

See we are ' singing from the same hymn sheet '
Agree with you totally

:thumbsup::greengrin

superfurryhibby
25-09-2012, 04:52 PM
See we are ' singing from the same hymn sheet '
Agree with you totally

:thumbsup::greengrin

I find it bizarre that anyone would want to focus on him "allegedly" pulling out of a single tackle. Even if he did, so what? It's not something I have noticed as a recurring issue.

Who knows if David can keep up the standard he offerred up against Inverness, I really hope so. What is absolutely certain to me is that he has all the skills that he needs to be an outstanding player, now he needs to ensure that he uses them consistently.

lyonhibs
25-09-2012, 04:58 PM
I - obviously - wasn't at the game, and it's great to hear that Wotherspoon not only scored a rip-snorting stonker of a goal but put in a decent all around performance, perhaps heading back to the Wotherspoon that made his debut 3 (or 4 or maybe even 5??!!! - I'm getting on a bit......) years ago with a goal and performance that made me sit up and think "hang on a minute....."

But does he still run like he's almost expecting his hamstring to go pop if he was to give it 110% and really sprint? Maybe it's just his running style, but - as with Benji - I always sort of get the impression that he's holding something back and not REALLY going for it when running - especially without the ball.

marinello59
25-09-2012, 05:00 PM
Give him credit for working hard? LOL ok then. As for the challenge I was right in front of it, and trust me HE BOTTLED IT. I hope i'm proved wrong with Spoony, I would love him to make it, I just can't see that much of an improvement tbh. 1 game make a footballer not, he's had way too many bad games.

I guess if you look really hard you can just see the bad in everything. It must make life a truly joyless experience though.

Franck Stanton
25-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Sad debate this, Spoony has been under-performing for past two years, however, this season he is like a new player. He , without doubt, turned in a great display on Sat against ICT, the best I have ever seen him play to be honest. IF he in fact pulled out of a challenge , So What ? Lets give the kid a wee bit support and IF we have to critisise him, or any Hibs player for that matter, make it constructive critisism and not just critisise for the sake of a god moan. Jeez, the lad was outstanding at the weekend and there are folk still putting the boot in.

theonlywayisup
25-09-2012, 05:39 PM
I have said before on this forum that unfortunately I don't believe he has what is required to be a top class footballer. Also, that I felt that he needed a move away from Easter Road - maybe move sideways or down a league to maybe move forward. And, that he is still the weak link so far this season.

However, I would really love to be proved wrong. He certainly did that on Saturday. What he needs to do now is repeat that performance in many more games this season.

Northernhibee
25-09-2012, 05:42 PM

Not been looking very hard I take it?

IMO it's not up for debate; Spoony has been the second most improved player after Claros for us this season. He just is.

ancient hibee
25-09-2012, 06:25 PM
Sad debate this, Spoony has been under-performing for past two years, however, this season he is like a new player. He , without doubt, turned in a great display on Sat against ICT, the best I have ever seen him play to be honest. IF he in fact pulled out of a challenge , So What ? Lets give the kid a wee bit support and IF we have to critisise him, or any Hibs player for that matter, make it constructive critisism and not just critisise for the sake of a god moan. Jeez, the lad was outstanding at the weekend and there are folk still putting the boot in.

I expect Shelvey wished he'd pulled out of his tackle on Sunday-particularly as he was never getting the ball.

blackpoolhibs
25-09-2012, 07:04 PM
This is a typical hibs.net thread. We have someone putting the boot into those who's views they disagreed with, we have seen it over the years with blobby mixu collins and yogi, and players like wotherspoon O'Brien and kerr.

As soon as they had one good or bad result, those with the opposite views would be at each other saying how good they have always been, and its just one of a hundred reasons its not quite been going their way or against them.

Thats why i like the place. :wink:

Scouse Hibee
25-09-2012, 07:14 PM
I expect Shelvey wished he'd pulled out of his tackle on Sunday-particularly as he was never getting the ball.

Aye there are plenty of folk wishing they'd have pulled their tackle out before it was too late. :greengrin