PDA

View Full Version : Enjoyed today

down-the-slope
22-09-2012, 04:56 PM
Enjoyed todays match and the endeavor and some decent periods of play on display. Disappointed at result of course, but pretty decent performances on the whole (although CH's had a harder match than recent ones)

we created enough chances with the woodwork and Keeper (particularly at 2-1 saving from McPake) getting in the way at crucial points.

Must not forget that Our keeper made at least 3 good saves as well.

Still feel our starting 11 (Today Young Caldwell benefited from Starting) is as good as most in league - but come 70 mins when under pressure or chasing games the bench is not yet providing what we need....

DaveF
22-09-2012, 05:13 PM
I too enjoyed that. It was a very entertaining game with plenty of good stuff played.

We should have won, but credit to ICT for never giving up. Esson's save from McPake was a game changer.

My only gripe is with your point on the subs bench. PF left it until 86 mins before making his one and only sub. I thought the Kuqi should have been given 20 mins to see if he could get in about the ICT defence but given his non appearance, you can only assume PF does not like what he see's re Kuqi.

fife hfc
22-09-2012, 05:15 PM
It was a good performance and unlucky not to win. I know we are far from the finished article but to change th club around will take more than one season. I am looking for improvement and the signs are encouraging and we will win games playing poorer than today and lose some playing better. We lack depth in the squad and that will ultimately cost us but we could not make all the changes required in one close season.

Sas_The_Hibby
22-09-2012, 05:26 PM
I enjoyed the game too. It's good to come away from a 2-2 draw, feeling disappointed not to win, but satisfied that the team again put in a decent performance. Last season and this is the difference between night and day so far.

down-the-slope
22-09-2012, 05:27 PM
I too enjoyed that. It was a very entertaining game with plenty of good stuff played.

We should have won, but credit to ICT for never giving up. Esson's save from McPake was a game changer.

My only gripe is with your point on the subs bench. PF left it until 86 mins before making his one and only sub. I thought the Kuqi should have been given 20 mins to see if he could get in about the ICT defence but given his non appearance, you can only assume PF does not like what he see's re Kuqi.

It was certainly one that kept them in the game and would have seen us maybe score more

Subs one is difficult - I think that fitness for Shefti might still be issue - I think we lacked width last 15 mins (was fine before that) but we just don't have that quick wide player we need - Ivan last time round / Galbraith fit and mind on job etc

It was a good performance and unlucky not to win. I know we are far from the finished article but to change th club around will take more than one season. I am looking for improvement and the signs are encouraging and we will win games playing poorer than today and lose some playing better. We lack depth in the squad and that will ultimately cost us but we could not make all the changes required in one close season.

Said the same myself.

I think that Jan window will see us looking for the wide player we need - lad from Thistle?

S.sct
22-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Yip agree, enjoyed that more than the previous 2 home wins funnily enough. Some good passing movements first half which was heartening.

Golden Bear
22-09-2012, 05:56 PM
It was certainly one that kept them in the game and would have seen us maybe score more

Subs one is difficult - I think that fitness for Shefti might still be issue - I think we lacked width last 15 mins (was fine before that) but we just don't have that quick wide player we need - Ivan last time round / Galbraith fit and mind on job etc

Said the same myself.

I think that Jan window will see us looking for the wide player we need - lad from Thistle?

Or maybe even someone from Queen of the South?

:agree:

ancient hibee
22-09-2012, 06:03 PM
It was an entertaining game but we are losing too many goals as a look at the table shows.

matty_f
22-09-2012, 06:05 PM
Really enjoyed the game today. Good atmosphere, good crowd and best of all an entertaining and attacking display from Hibs. Only sour point for me was the ref, who did his best to be the centre of attention.

It's a pity we didn't win as I felt we deserved to. Some cracking performances from Hibs players right across the team.

wotherspoon's goal was worth the ticket alone.

whiskyhibby
22-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Don't forget Hanlon, cracking game IMHO

Pretty Boy
22-09-2012, 06:12 PM
The crowd almost started to get on the players backs and for a couple of minutes I thought it might turn a bit negative. However a huge chorus of green and white army that got all stands involved was fantastic and really got.behind the team, even after the equaliser.

Disappointed we disnt see it out but I was more entertained in 90 mins today than over the course of the whole of last season. 2 points dropped but plenty positives as well.

GreenCastle
22-09-2012, 10:42 PM
It is strange as even though we won last week - the game this week was more enjoyable.

I thought we played better and there were many positives - Claros, Willams saves, Caldwell debut, Doyle, Wotherspoon goal and Hanlons performance.

Frustrating when 2v0 up we let it slip to 2v2 but in previous seasons we wouldn't have been 2v0 up or if we had we would have lost 2v3.

We should be beating teams like ICT but at the same time we look like the team and squad are starting to gel.

The first goal looked like a foul and the 2nd goal was tough on Williams as he pulled off a wonder save just before it. We hit the post and 3v0 / 3v1 and it was over.

I still believe we are going in the right direction and will keep the players focused for Aberdeen. 3 points there will make up for the 1 today. If we had won today we would have turned up there thinking we were world beaters and probably get beaten.

Crowd and signing was good again today - a few negative shouts but overall still a much more positive place. Great hearing all 3 stands clapping along to Fenlons Green and White army - been a while since that happened! :top marks

NAE NOOKIE
22-09-2012, 11:50 PM
Yeh ... very enjoyable today and we didnt really have a bad player on the pitch.

The only real problem we have is that we always seem to be hanging on a bit in the last 20 minutes of games and we give away far too many corners.

The crowd have been really good for the last few weeks as well. Last season and the one before the crowd would have been on the players backs, but I think everybody recognizes that the players are giving everything and as a result the crowd get behind them when the going gets tough. Section 43 deserve a lot of credit in that area too.

Its a shame we couldnt get the 3 points, but I've come away from ER after victories feeling less positive than I did after yesterdays game.

Johnny0762
23-09-2012, 01:21 AM
I'm enjoying my football at Easter Road again but Pat is still learning. Still tactically naive. Subs too late to kill the game off, instead they got back in the game @ 2-1 and then we did the usual sit back and defend awfy deep and invite the inevitable. It's the same game after game after game. He needs to learn to kill a game stone deed when we're 2-0 up at home to the likes of Inverness. Inverness are poor anaw. If he's going to sit in and defend a lead he needs to get the fresh legs on sooner. Still, we shouldn't be throwing away a commanding performance like that for no good reason. Points squandered today. It's okay saying it's a much improved team from last year, but that was then, and this is now and we need to build on what we have achieved thus far. We were lucky to get out of Paisley with all 3 points with these sit back deep tactics. It was almost a carbon copy of the same fixture at the end of last season when we bossed the game and then for no apparent reason went backs to the wall and lost the 3 points that time.

The_Horde
23-09-2012, 03:40 PM
I wouldn't say i enjoyed the whole thing, it was entertaining but i feel the wrong kind of entertainment in the second half. Can't fault the players for their effort and attitude but we really should have seen that out.

Hopefully the main positive to come out of yesterday will be that we won't be so cautious with our leads and we'll maybe try to control the game more, rather than sitting back and letting the opposition chuck everything at us. We've been asking for that for a few games now.