PDA

View Full Version : Listening to BBC Scotland 810mw in California

California-Hibs
22-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Hey guys!

I've now started a new life and just recently moved over to Sacramento California.

Woke up earlier this morning (7am) and i'm trying to listen to the game on the bbc site online but everytime i do i get ''We are unable to broadcast this''.

I know Hibees out there who have moved to various parts of the world and are able to listen to Open All Mics somehow, so can anyone help me out either on this thread/through a PM, that would be great!!!!

Sitting here itching at the bit!!! First time in years i've not been at Easter Road for a game and radio/highlights are my only fix now!!!

Just Alf
22-09-2012, 02:44 PM
I see you've no been answered yet. :-(

Dunno the detail but google something along the lines of "spoof you ip address" or "hide your ip".... On phone so can't look myself but you get the idea!

hibbybrian
22-09-2012, 02:54 PM
Hey guys!

I've now started a new life and just recently moved over to Sacramento California.

Woke up earlier this morning (7am) and i'm trying to listen to the game on the bbc site online but everytime i do i get ''We are unable to broadcast this''.

I know Hibees out there who have moved to various parts of the world and are able to listen to Open All Mics somehow, so can anyone help me out either on this thread/through a PM, that would be great!!!!

Sitting here itching at the bit!!! First time in years i've not been at Easter Road for a game and radio/highlights are my only fix now!!!

There is a thread on the Hibs-world.net site about this - I'll check and get back to you

Chibs
22-09-2012, 03:18 PM
H.T. Hibs 2 ICT 1

California-Hibs
22-09-2012, 03:19 PM
I see you've no been answered yet. :-(

Dunno the detail but google something along the lines of "spoof you ip address" or "hide your ip".... On phone so can't look myself but you get the idea!

Can anyone out there who possibly uses this method recommend a certain one? Upon entering ''hide ip address'' on google there loads of different ones that come up.

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

Hibs_dot_com
22-09-2012, 03:37 PM
Can anyone out there who possibly uses this method recommend a certain one? Upon entering ''hide ip address'' on google there loads of different ones that come up.

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

Try expat shield free download - google it

s.a.m
22-09-2012, 03:38 PM
I can't listen to BBC Scotland online 'for contractual reasons'. In Edinburgh.
:dunno:
I'm being forced to listen to the Celtic match, which is the only option on DAB (on either BBC Scotland, or BBC Gael).

Why does the BBC think I'm abroad?????

cabbageandribs1875
22-09-2012, 06:17 PM
I can't listen to BBC Scotland online 'for contractual reasons'. In Edinburgh.
:dunno:
I'm being forced to listen to the Celtic match, which is the only option on DAB (on either BBC Scotland, or BBC Gael).

Why does the BBC think I'm abroad?????

you should have just went back to the main page and hit the 'open all 'Mics' link, i was listening to the programme before KO on the internet for a change, then it changed to a continous message saying what you said above when all the games kicked off, i think it changes frequencies(or sommit like that)

s.a.m
22-09-2012, 09:44 PM
you should have just went back to the main page and hit the 'open all 'Mics' link, i was listening to the programme before KO on the internet for a change, then it changed to a continous message saying what you said above when all the games kicked off, i think it changes frequencies(or sommit like that)

I'll try that next time. It's happened before, and I've just given up.