PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Hibs 2 v 2 ICT (FT)

Pages : 1 [2]

Green forever
22-09-2012, 03:57 PM
There will be games like today where we should win but don't, equally there will be games where we are fortunate to win, that's football but this team which still has a long way to go looks light years away from last season's and that is progress.

500miles
22-09-2012, 03:59 PM
It's another game without defeat, although we're disappointed not to win. At least it sounded like a decent performance. Getting a couple of goals and a making chances without depending on Griffiths is also positive.

Lucius Apuleius
22-09-2012, 04:00 PM
Actually relatively refreshing reading a match thread where elation turns to despair instead of the other way about for a change.:greengrin

OK it is definitely 2 points dropped and that cannot be denied but one game does not make a season. We are a hell of a lot better off than most people had us down for this far into the season.

joe breezy
22-09-2012, 04:00 PM
Sounds like we were a bit unlucky but if we are going to be anything like successful that kind of result has to be seen as absolutely unacceptable

Jim44
22-09-2012, 04:02 PM
There will be games like today where we should win but don't, equally there will be games where we are fortunate to win, that's football but this team which still has a long way to go looks light years away from last season's and that is progress.

Correct. We've had a couple of wins this season which we should have lost.

DAVE1875
22-09-2012, 04:03 PM
Heads up lads, we're still about both the manky mobs, 2nd in the league & it's only Aberdeen we have next, they haven't scored at home and we are more than capable of delivering them their first conceded goals & loss at home this season

Ultrabee1-0
22-09-2012, 04:04 PM
what was todays attendance?

Keith_M
22-09-2012, 04:06 PM

About the same as the last game, I think. 9,800?

DAVE1875
22-09-2012, 04:06 PM

9,908 according to BBC Sport

hibee_girl
22-09-2012, 04:07 PM
Sounds like we were a bit unlucky but if we are going to be anything like successful that kind of result has to be seen as absolutely unacceptable

I don't think it was unacceptable having seen it tbh, the ref did sweet FA to help us (not that we should be relying on the refs but still), ICT's keeper pulled off 2 great saves from Caldwell and McPake, we hit the post, we had a chance in the first 5 minutes etc. On another day we'd have won comfortably.

Ultrabee1-0
22-09-2012, 04:10 PM
100 more than last week things are improving! A win next week then the next home game should be about 11 thousand anyless is poor in my eyes.

Scooter
22-09-2012, 04:12 PM
While it is 2 points dropped with the saves Ben Williams made it could have been worse.

Can't understand why Fenlon never made earlier changes it was obvious that legs were starting to go

Bobo
22-09-2012, 04:17 PM
Pretty poor performance and result today, two points thrown away after being 2-0 up.

We have litte creation and width from the middle of the park and still concede too much possession for my liking, could also do with winning a higher percentage of 2nd balls as we don't contest these as much as we should.

Disappointed with the result considering the lead we had.

Spike Mandela
22-09-2012, 04:20 PM
Cracking game. Disappointed to drop 2 points but more enterertainment on show than any game I witnessed at ER last season. Great performances from Williams, McPake, Hanlon, Cairney, Claros, and Doyle especially.

Diclonius
22-09-2012, 04:25 PM
Pissed off that we surrendered a two goal lead but last season we would have lost that game. Our attacking performance was fantastic and if not for their keeper pulling off a wonder save then we'd have surely held onto it at 3-1.

Hibs7
22-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Drawing games like this at home will not keep us in the top 6, bad result today, made even worse with the ****s winning.

Hiber-nation
22-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Caldwell did well but Sparky would have destroyed that defence.

fife hfc
22-09-2012, 04:37 PM
Pretty poor performance and result today, two points thrown away after being 2-0 up.

We have litte creation and width from the middle of the park and still concede too much possession for my liking, could also do with winning a higher percentage of 2nd balls as we don't contest these as much as we should.

WTF! **** me some people are very difficult to please. I'm lost for words at this post.

fife hfc
22-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Cracking game. Disappointed to drop 2 points but more enterertainment on show than any game I witnessed at ER last season. Great performances from Williams, McPake, Hanlon, Cairney, Claros, and Doyle especially.

Spot on. Some Pete just like to moan.

Greendub
22-09-2012, 04:43 PM
Some game Claros had!

Ref was a total ****

Pretty Boy
22-09-2012, 04:43 PM

Poor performance? Really?

Sorry but I'm disappointed with the result and critical of the lack of subs but the performance was, in large spells, good. We had some lovely passing moves, a few clear cut chances, a well worked opening goal, a cracking 2nd goal, a few balls in the box that didn't just quite drop for us, more shots on goal, loads of corners etc etc. If we got to half time at 2-0, cheers ref, we would have won comfortably.

Disappointed with the result but encouraged by the performance.

hibee_girl
22-09-2012, 04:44 PM

Can't agree with poor performance at all, the football we played in the 1st half was the best we've seen at ER in a long time!

SteveHFC
22-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Claros was MOTM for me again. Outstanding :top marks

CRAZYHIBBY
22-09-2012, 04:48 PM
Still a long way to go before we are the finished article but I reckon this is going to be a good season for us

...WentToMowAnSPL
22-09-2012, 04:48 PM
Claros was MOTM for me again. Outstanding :top marks

Completely agree !

I'm_cabbaged
22-09-2012, 04:50 PM
We'll win more than we lose playing like that, had Doyle for the first goal then backed mcpake for the next at ht, so close to £330.

silverhibee
22-09-2012, 04:54 PM
I don't think it was unacceptable having seen it tbh, the ref did sweet FA to help us (not that we should be relying on the refs but still), ICT's keeper pulled off 2 great saves from Caldwell and McPake, we hit the post, we had a chance in the first 5 minutes etc. On another day we'd have won comfortably.

Our goalkeeper also pulled of some cracking saves today, ICT had there chances as well today.

Bobo
22-09-2012, 04:57 PM

Sorry but I'm disappointed with the result and critical of the lack of subs but the performance was, in large spells, good. We had some lovely passing moves, a few clear cut chances, a well worked opening goal, a cracking 2nd goal, a few balls in the box that didn't just quite drop for us, more shots on goal, loads of corners etc etc. If we got to half time at 2-0, cheers ref, we would have won comfortably.

Yeh poor in the respect that, as I said, we concede too much possession especially for being at home.

Considering we were 2-0 up we never asserted ourselves the way we should have. Movement through the midfield was too square or backwards and never offers much penetration. Our players stand off the 2nd ball too much and allow the opposition to gain comfortable possession which puts us on the back foot and leads to us sitting back.

Add the fact that there were no substitutions except for Sproule (God knows why) a couple of minutes from time and we threw 2 points away today. Although a massive improvement on the *****e we had to suffer last season, there's still a lot of room for improvement.

Maybe I'm hard to please but it's just my oppinion.

silverhibee
22-09-2012, 04:57 PM

Sorry but thought he was poor today, Williams Claros and Wotherspoon were our best players today. imo

Scooter
22-09-2012, 05:03 PM
Sorry but thought he was poor today, Williams Claros and Wotherspoon were our best players today. imo

1000% agree mate

Hiber-nation
22-09-2012, 05:13 PM

Yep spot on, McPake toiled today, his back maybe playing up again.

Claros was very good again, shame that there was no-one at the far post near the end to meet his cross.

Cairney played pretty well but he should have squared to Spoony instead of shooting.

Can't be too disapointed with the performance, as I said earlier Sparky would have taken that defence apart.

hibee_girl
22-09-2012, 05:15 PM

:agree: Thought McPake had a quiet game, Claros was my MOM, he took control of the game from the 1st minute.

lucky
22-09-2012, 05:18 PM

Agree with this. MOTM was Claros, how the sponsors gave it to Cariney was baffling

Onion
22-09-2012, 05:22 PM
:agree: Thought McPake had a quiet game, Claros was my MOM, he took control of the game from the 1st minute.

:agree:One of Claros' best games in a Hibs shirt - he was outstanding. Also thought Wotherspoon had one of his best allround performances is years !

Hibs are still a work in progress, recovering from a traumatic 2 years of deeply shocking performances, poor teams and low confidence. No question, today was another step forward - despite the disappointing scoreline - and will help us further in our recovery. Team and Fans on the same mission :thumbsup:

whiskyhibby
22-09-2012, 06:03 PM

Well said! You could see the players were gutted at not winning today........long may that continue, they played some great stuff and should have been out of sight in the 1st half

whiskyhibby
22-09-2012, 06:05 PM
Agree with this. MOTM was Claros, how the sponsors gave it to Cariney was baffling

Cairney had a great game and did catch the eye with some of his play, really composed, but like you I think Claros was immense

whiskyhibby
22-09-2012, 06:06 PM
Cairney had a great game and did catch the eye with some of his play, really composed, but like you I think Claros was immense

Probably helped by his family watching, was that his kid he had on the pitch prior to kick off?