PDA

View Full Version : Pat showing he knows

down-the-slope
21-09-2012, 06:23 PM
Fenlon said: “When you’ve been on a run for a couple of seasons where you have been losing football matches it’s difficult and that eats away at people.
“But we’ve got a new bunch here and from speaking to most of the supporters since I’ve been in it’s been that their biggest criticism is in relation to the lack of enthusiasm and the lack of work-rate and honesty from the players.
“I think this group are the total opposite to that and that can’t be labelled on them at all and supporters feed off that. They know that it is not going to be lovely to watch all the time, but the one thing we want to be is that we want to be able to play and pass the ball.
“But we also want to be, when it is not going right for us on the day, difficult to beat and be able to grind out results. I think on Saturday was the first time that the supporters realised with 10 or 15 minutes to go that we were a little bit under the cosh. Last season there might have been a few moans and groans and maybe a bit of panic.
“But they were brilliant and they got behind us so well for the last 10 to 15 minutes, they knew that we had to dig in and in fairness they were digging in with us to try and get us over the line.”

Robinho08
21-09-2012, 06:38 PM
Hear, hear mate.

Dont want too get too carried away, as Hibs are well known to build you up for a fall. But the right signs are there.

Rivers Cuomo
21-09-2012, 06:40 PM
Exactly what i wanna hear

JimBHibees
21-09-2012, 06:43 PM
Brilliant, nail on head. Lets get another 3 points tomorrow to top the league. :pfgwa

Northernhibee
21-09-2012, 06:45 PM
What was interesting in the Hibs TV interview was that Pat learned more about certain players from the end of season loss to ICT than in the final. We had a lot of players with the chance to claim a first team place and they showed no desire against ICT.

Very interesting interview.

jane_says
21-09-2012, 06:45 PM
I'll be the first to admit that after the Dundee United game I was really concerned about Fenlon. Still early days but I'm really looking forward to eating humble pie.

This is the type of thing I love to hear and on top of coming out with a statement re Kenny Shiels it feels pretty damn good to be a hibby again

:flag::pfgwa:flag:

Jones28
21-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Mon the pat!! Ggtth

matty_f
21-09-2012, 06:51 PM
What was interesting in the Hibs TV interview was that Pat learned more about certain players from the end of season loss to ICT than in the final. We had a lot of players with the chance to claim a first team place and they showed no desire against ICT.

Very interesting interview.

The ICT game epitomised what was wrong with Hibs last season.

Fenlon has got his priorities spot on. Sort the culture out, toughen us up and set standards at the club.

Jonnyboy
21-09-2012, 07:02 PM
The ICT game epitomised what was wrong with Hibs last season.

Fenlon has got his priorities spot on. Sort the culture out, toughen us up and set standards at the club.

Agree 100%

As Pat says, it might not always be pretty to watch and it wont always serve up the result we want but by God the players will be in no doubt as to what the manager expects of them

hibees 7062
21-09-2012, 07:07 PM
I'll be the first to admit that after the Dundee United game I was really concerned about Fenlon. Still early days but I'm really looking forward to eating humble pie.

This is the type of thing I love to hear and on top of coming out with a statement re Kenny Shiels it feels pretty damn good to be a hibby again

:flag::pfgwa:flag:

Exactly i cant remember the last time i was so looking forward to a Hibs game :jmcp:

Hibercelona
21-09-2012, 07:32 PM
PF is going to be one of the greats, I just know it. :thumbsup:

Pedantic_Hibee
21-09-2012, 07:33 PM
In wee Pat I trust. Man is a winner. The end.

Northernhibee
21-09-2012, 07:48 PM
In wee Pat I trust. Man is a winner. The end.

This. The level of commitment we're seeing is unreal, Claros getting his head in the way of a kick to prevent a goal last week was beyond what I'd expect from a player. Everyone is taking responsibility for their mistakes, it's a joy to watch.

Fife-Hibee
21-09-2012, 07:54 PM
PF is going to be one of the greats, I just know it. :thumbsup:

Answer yer phone ( brickwall ) lol

HoboHarry
21-09-2012, 07:59 PM
This. The level of commitment we're seeing is unreal, Claros getting his head in the way of a kick to prevent a goal last week was beyond what I'd expect from a player. Everyone is taking responsibility for their mistakes, it's a joy to watch.
That was nothing in Jorge's mind. Kick in the head...pah....... try surviving a bullet...... Great wee player.

Jack Hackett
21-09-2012, 08:19 PM
One of the places I've really noticed a change in attitude, is in 'The Scotsman' comments. After a summer of having to read the triumphalist garbage the yams were posting, there's been a real swing of confidence over to the Hibs posters and the yam motormouths are heading for the hills in large numbers.

A sound thrashing from DU for them, and a Hibs win, however it's achieved, should see a few more dive for cover :greengrin:thumbsup:

HoboHarry
21-09-2012, 08:25 PM
One of the places I've really noticed a change in attitude, is in 'The Scotsman' comments. After a summer of having to read the triumphalist garbage the yams were posting, there's been a real swing of confidence over to the Hibs posters and the yam motormouths are heading for the hills in large numbers.

A sound thrashing from DU for them, and a Hibs win, however it's achieved, should see a few more dive for cover :greengrin:thumbsup:
I pretty much gave up on that site even prior to the final, the banter is rotten. I did wonder about the Jambo Hen Broon/TOTT though. He announced recently he wouldn't be posting anymore and I wondered if he knew the broon stuff was about to hit the fan for them?

One Day Soon
21-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Yep. Pat Fenlon - He Da Man.

RIP
21-09-2012, 08:30 PM
I pretty much gave up on that site even prior to the final, the banter is rotten. I did wonder about the Jambo Hen Broon/TOTT though. He announced recently he wouldn't be posting anymore and I wondered if he knew the broon stuff was about to hit the fan for them?

I gave up on that site two years ago when I discovered the place was full of Jambos faking it as Hibbies

Jack Hackett
21-09-2012, 08:45 PM
I gave up on that site two years ago when I discovered the place was full of Jambos faking it as Hibbies

......not to mention the multiple user-names posters. Personally, I think there's actually only about 4 of them.....all with serious schizophrenic tendencies :crazy:

It isn't banter, it's poison....as for Hen/TOTT, he always claimed to be 'in the know'

Hibercelona
21-09-2012, 08:47 PM

Probably a bit like on here then. :wink:

HoboHarry
21-09-2012, 08:47 PM
......not to mention the multiple user-names posters. Personally, I think there's actually only about 4 of them.....all with serious schizophrenic tendencies :crazy:
Never really understood that, in all the time I was on that forum I only had two names, Hobo Harry and one other years before when I got red-carded for being rude lol. What they gain from the multiple names is a mystery to me.

VickMackie
21-09-2012, 08:53 PM
A manager that tells it as it is without all of the flowery BS.

cam75
21-09-2012, 08:59 PM

As the sun report on Monday said the only thing noticeable he done in the game was wearing orange boots.wtf

HoboHarry
21-09-2012, 09:04 PM

It isn't banter, it's poison....as for Hen/TOTT, he always claimed to be 'in the know'
Aye well I didn't believe a word of it. According to him he was a season ticket holder, corporate sponsor, watched every home game, every U20 game and best of all had previously been the owner of a multi million pound company until I started goading him about it. He had more sh*t in him than a Christmas goose....

Jack Hackett
21-09-2012, 09:04 PM
Never really understood that, in all the time I was on that forum I only had two names, Hobo Harry and one other years before when I got red-carded for being rude lol. What they gain from the multiple names is a mystery to me.

Still use my original FFF Harry, and it isn't really a mystery, just very sad people talking to themselves to backup their nonsense

He had more sh*t in him than a Christmas goose....

:rotflmao:

Oh aye.....after an initial preference for Micheal O'Neill, Pat IS the man.

coco22
21-09-2012, 09:13 PM
with the exception of his 'sparky' at hampden, I think that pat has shown a level head throughout (and that's not criticism, surprised he never lamped someone). He's made comments that have been realistic, no just what the fans want to hear but clued in to what actually needs done. He knew / learned quickly that the previous mob weren't up to it and he's getting his guys in now. Good stuff going on at ER

Northernhibee
21-09-2012, 09:18 PM
with the exception of his 'sparky' at hampden, I think that pat has shown a level head throughout (and that's not criticism, surprised he never lamped someone). He's made comments that have been realistic, no just what the fans want to hear but clued in to what actually needs done. He knew / learned quickly that the previous mob weren't up to it and he's getting his guys in now. Good stuff going on at ER

Some people on here were blinded by their own "I'm not interested in another manager who talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk, he's not good enough" chat, but it's been blindingly obvious all along that he's got the right plan.

Jack Hackett
21-09-2012, 09:23 PM

His 'friendly goodbye wave' shows, to me, that he was as deeply affected by the performance and result as we were, and as such, a perfectly understandable reaction.
:fenlon

coco22
21-09-2012, 09:30 PM
His 'friendly goodbye wave' shows, to me, that he was as deeply affected by the performance and result as we were, and as such, a perfectly understandable reaction.

Agreed. Showed he really cares

stoneyburn hibs
21-09-2012, 09:36 PM
Some people on here were blinded by their own "I'm not interested in another manager who talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk, he's not good enough" chat, but it's been blindingly obvious all along that he's got the right plan.

Blindingly obvious ? , are you Russell Grant?, Its hopefully starting to come together for us , but its not been obvious by a long shot.

SMAXXA
21-09-2012, 09:52 PM
Agreed. Showed he really cares

I disagree I think it was very unprofessional, however I acknowledge me arguing witha fellow hibs fan on the way out was probably just as unexpected and yeah I got caught up oim the moment.

The guys done what we all take for granted at times, steadied the ship in a time of real concern. Regardless of the result tomorrow this thread should be top of the forum and acknowledge where we are as a club and together evryone from the players to the fans.

We are hibernian, win to go top of the SPL tomorrow, anyone that can put a negative spin on Pat or anything connected with hibs needs their head read after the last 5 years or so.

Jack Hackett
21-09-2012, 10:04 PM
I disagree I think it was very unprofessional, however I acknowledge me arguing witha fellow hibs fan on the way out was probably just as unexpected and yeah I got caught up oim the moment.

The guys done what we all take for granted at times, steadied the ship in a time of real concern. Regardless of the result tomorrow this thread should be top of the forum and acknowledge where we are as a club and together evryone from the players to the fans.

We are hibernian, win to go top of the SPL tomorrow, anyone that can put a negative spin on Pat or anything connected with hibs needs their head read after the last 5 years or so.

it was VERY unproffessional, but I didn't and don't care. He made a very public and heartfelt gesture that mirrored exactly how I felt at the time. He spoke for me in that moment, and I love him for it.....in a manly way, natch! :greengrin

Northernhibee
21-09-2012, 10:17 PM
Blindingly obvious ? , are you Russell Grant?, Its hopefully starting to come together for us , but its not been obvious by a long shot.

Totally disagree, everything he has said has fallen in with a clear strategy, without bias, spin or nonsense.

It's always been a huge task to turn this club around, and it was always going to hit rock bottom before it got better. Very glad PF is at the club and have been since day one.

stoneyburn hibs
21-09-2012, 10:32 PM
Totally disagree, everything he has said has fallen in with a clear strategy, without bias, spin or nonsense.

It's always been a huge task to turn this club around, and it was always going to hit rock bottom before it got better. Very glad PF is at the club and have been since day one.

We are by far turned around, hope Pat is the man to do it, but it still remains to be seen for me, top of the league the morn would be good.

Northernhibee
21-09-2012, 10:35 PM
We are by far turned around, hope Pat is the man to do it, but it still remains to be seen for me, top of the league the morn would be good.

Put things this way.

Tomorrow we have a chance of going top of the league. Even as a PF fan through and through since day one I never expected to be saying that.

:pfgwa

renato
21-09-2012, 10:45 PM
Another good interview from Pat. He's always been on the same wavelength as the fans....in total contrast to our previous "manager".

Top of the league tomorrow would be incredible but for me we haven't fully turned the corner until we come away with 3 points from the bus shelter in 3 months time.

basehibby
21-09-2012, 10:55 PM
It's a big challenge tomorrow for Pat to get the 3 points with our most potent attacking threat in Griffiths on the sidelines. The team has been playing well but Griffiths has undoubtably been a standout. Will he give Kuqui a start or maybe Caldwell? There are few other options as I can't see him playing Doyle up front on his own at home vs ICT...

Personally I trust him to know what's the best option and think we'll land the points tomorrow - it'll be tough but I think we'll keep the run going. I won't be pressing the panic button if it doesn't happen though.

From the moment he was signed I was impressed by Pat's prior record as a manager - winning wherever he went. I've subsequently been nothing but impressed by his unruffled demeanor throughout what was a rocky but ultimately successful first half season (aye ok - excluding that day in may - less said the better and all that).

He always seems to have had his eye on the long game demonstrating a real faith in his ability to take on what has been a fair sized step up in his career - Hibs are a big club and a big job for an up and coming manger as many of his predecesors would testify.

Our great start to the season has been underpinned by a series of positive and influential signings - McPake, Deegan and Crainey spring to mind - others show great promise but these three already are making a vast difference to our team and the way it plays IMO and all are signed up for the next couple of years giving us a semblance of stability - something to build on.

All this together with a measured and likeable media presence convinces me that Pat has got what it takes to take this club forward. So like I said - if we don't get the points tomorrow I won't be too downhearted. In his relatively short time at Hibs so far what I've seen is steady but definite improvement under PF - and I see no reason to expect anything different going forward.

So ... come on all you doubters - admit you were wrong! come and join the positive paddy party!

:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa

stoneyburn hibs
21-09-2012, 11:02 PM
It's a big challenge tomorrow for Pat to get the 3 points with our most potent attacking threat in Griffiths on the sidelines. The team has been playing well but Griffiths has undoubtably been a standout. Will he give Kuqui a start or maybe Caldwell? There are few other options as I can't see him playing Doyle up front on his own at home vs ICT...

Personally I trust him to know what's the best option and think we'll land the points tomorrow - it'll be tough but I think we'll keep the run going. I won't be pressing the panic button if it doesn't happen though.

From the moment he was signed I was impressed by Pat's prior record as a manager - winning wherever he went. I've subsequently been nothing but impressed by his unruffled demeanor throughout what was a rocky but ultimately successful first half season (aye ok - excluding that day in may - less said the better and all that).

He always seems to have had his eye on the long game demonstrating a real faith in his ability to take on what has been a fair sized step up in his career - Hibs are a big club and a big job for an up and coming manger as many of his predecesors would testify.

Our great start to the season has been underpinned by a series of positive and influential signings - McPake, Deegan and Crainey spring to mind - others show great promise but these three already are making a vast difference to our team and the way it plays IMO and all are signed up for the next couple of years giving us a semblance of stability - something to build on.

All this together with a measured and likeable media presence convinces me that Pat has got what it takes to take this club forward. So like I said - if we don't get the points tomorrow I won't be too downhearted. In his relatively short time at Hibs so far what I've seen is steady but definite improvement under PF - and I see no reason to expect anything different going forward.

So ... come on all you doubters - admit you were wrong! come and join the positive paddy party!

Good post, the doom and gloomers will be out in force if its not a positive result tomorrow

Greendub
21-09-2012, 11:50 PM

Great post!

I

Just_Jimmy
22-09-2012, 01:30 AM
Ive been looking forward to this game all week. I think im getting the bug back. It helps that hearts are complete pish as well tbh.

J-C
22-09-2012, 05:58 AM
Pat has shown us his real intent by giving us the spine in the team we missed. Brought in McPake and Deegan, two guys who work like Trojans and put their bodies on the line for the club. Compliment that with solid pros and a couple of skilful players and there you have the basis of a decent team, not rocket science, just a matter of getting the right type of players in.

Chuck Rhoades
22-09-2012, 09:21 AM
Lets get the place rocking today. 'fortress Easter Road'

down-the-slope
22-09-2012, 09:36 AM
Lets get the place rocking today. 'fortress Easter Road'

I think his acknowledgement of conversations with the support of how they felt about recent squads attitude and the effect the support - doff cap smiley to Sect 43 - had last quarter of Saturdays match, comes across as genuine and further evidence of the progress being made on all fronts....

Can't wait for the safe standing and concourse bars :greengrin

The Green Goblin
22-09-2012, 12:58 PM
Good post, the doom and gloomers will be out in force if its not a positive result tomorrow

Yup. I'm sure they'll all be rubbing their hands and cheering because their team lost. Darn all those pesky folk who have been upset because their team's been rotten for years....

You need to get over using these terms. All it does is pigeonhole and divide the fans.

EdinMike
22-09-2012, 01:17 PM
I don't even have to write a long winded post, All we need is a few simple words...

:pfgwa

--------
22-09-2012, 01:29 PM
it was VERY unproffessional, but I didn't and don't care. He made a very public and heartfelt gesture that mirrored exactly how I felt at the time. He spoke for me in that moment, and I love him for it.....in a manly way, natch! :greengrin

It was SCANDALOUS, and he was RIGHTLY PUNISHED for it. :wink:

How COULD he have caused such offence to all those sensitive wee Jambos who'd been giving him dog's abuse all afternoon?

Football management isn't all about wearing a suit and being 'nice'.

It's about fighting the club's corner, and Pat does that. The team and the club needed (in some ways, still do) to grow a backbone (and other things) and learn to face down the scruff in the opposition dugout.

I'd rather he didn't do it again, but I have no regret at all that he did it on 19 May.

stoneyburn hibs
22-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Yup. I'm sure they'll all be rubbing their hands and cheering because their team lost. Darn all those pesky folk who have been upset because their team's been rotten for years....

You need to get over using these terms. All it does is pigeonhole and divide the fans.

Some on here will always find something to moan about.

Pedantic_Hibee
22-09-2012, 01:59 PM

The Green Goblin
22-09-2012, 08:33 PM

Some on here will always find something to moan about.

Ooops......

Jack Hackett
23-09-2012, 12:02 PM
Positive press and a fair assessment of Paddy's Progress from Alisdair Lamont on the beeb site http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19690673

Seveno
23-09-2012, 12:10 PM
Positive press and a fair assessment of Paddy's Progress from Alisdair Lamont on the beeb site http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19690673

A good summation of our progress.