PDA

View Full Version : Your Starting XI v Caley

Franck Stanton
21-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Will drop out of the starting 11 should Fenlon decide to start our new signing Taiwo against ICT ?

Now I am not advocating to change a winning team, question is purely hypothetical, IF Taiwo does get a start, who do you think will make way for him ?

I think , should this happen, Wotherspoon, [who I think has had a good start to the season], will be the player sacrafised, with Cairney moved to right side of midfield and Taiwo on the left of Deegan and Claros.

Stevie Reid
21-09-2012, 01:56 PM
Will drop out of the starting 11 should Fenlon decide to start our new signing Taiwo against ICT ?

Now I am not advocating to change a winning team, question is purely hypothetical, IF Taiwo does get a start, who do you think will make way for him ?

I think , should this happen, Wotherspoon, [who I think has had a good start to the season], will be the player sacrafised, with Cairney moved to right side of midfield and Taiwo on the left of Deegan and Claros.

Taiwo isn't fit enough to start - he'll keep the same team, Griffiths aside.

Thecat23
21-09-2012, 01:57 PM

Pretty much agree with this. Wotherspoon still makes to many stupid mistakes his crossing is still erratic. I like him though, and hope he progresses as a player and does well for us.

Franck Stanton
21-09-2012, 01:59 PM
Taiwo isn't fit enough to start - he'll keep the same team, Griffiths aside.

Hope you are right, but there will come a time in the near future when Taiwo will be fit, and I am just wondering who will be dropped to accommodate him.

Piqué
21-09-2012, 01:59 PM
Wotherspoon will probably be the one to miss out as he has been a bit hit or miss this season, which will mean another central midfielder being played out wide. Would be nice to have at least one proper winger in the first team. Unsure if Taiwo is fit to start games yet though.

down-the-slope
21-09-2012, 02:03 PM

He won't not fit enough. Will be same as last 2 games if Sparky passed fit - only possibility of change would be Lewis for Spoony with Cairney on right from tactical point of view

PatHead
21-09-2012, 02:12 PM
He won't not fit enough. Will be same as last 2 games if Sparky passed fit - only possibility of change would be Lewis for Spoony with Cairney on right from tactical point of view

Thought we were much weaker last week when that change was made and it was from that time that Killie started to get on top. Must admit I am not a fan of Stevenson out wide. Not great crosser, no goalscoring threat and no pace.

I think Stevenson will have to fight for one of the central roles and will only get in the team if Claros leaves in January or due to injury to either of the central guys.

ShanksSaidNo
21-09-2012, 02:14 PM
I'd like to see the formation mixed up a bit. We dont have many naturally gifted out and out wide players so i'd go for:

Williams
Clancy McPake Hanlon Maybury
Cairney Deegan Taiwo
Doyle Kuqi Griffiths

A lot of people would consider Claros unlucky to miss out, but if Taiwo is the player we all hope he is, then Claros won't be missed. Kuqi if match fit is in there as a target man and think it would work well with Doyle and Griffiths feeding off him. Spoony is a good man to have to bring on.

Stevie Reid
21-09-2012, 02:17 PM
Hope you are right, but there will come a time in the near future when Taiwo will be fit, and I am just wondering who will be dropped to accommodate him.

I think that you're right in that Wotherspoon's place is most in jeopardy, Pat has been very open about trying to acquire a winger and unfortunately things aren't working out for Spoony - I do think he has lots of ability, I've seen him do lots of good things in the past but he seems unable to put in a good 90 minutes, let along string a few good performances together. He has been ok when I've seen him this season, but I think we need better wide right if we are to keep improving - he would be a fine squad player IMO though.

I made a point recently that it was good that Pat had gotten rid of the players whom the fans had no faith in, such as O'Hanlon and Stevens (and is not picking Kujabi) - whilst I don't think that the fans have no faith in Spoony, he's not being cut much slack and is prone to giving away silly fouls and being wasteful with his final ball, which doesn't help his cause. I must add that he has my full support any time he is picked.

With regards to Taiwo, I think he is simply there as competition for one of the two midfield berths at the moment (remember we are losing Claros in January), and won't be brought in unless we play 5 in midfield. I think Fenlon's days of playing central midfielders (who clearly cannot adapt) in wide positions are behind him, thankfully - Spoony would have to play a hell of a lot worse to lose his position to someone, and if he did I believe that Cairney would go right but Stevenson would go on the left. But it would be under server circumstances I reckon.

Stevie Reid
21-09-2012, 02:22 PM
I'd like to see the formation mixed up a bit. We dont have many naturally gifted out and out wide players so i'd go for:

Williams
Cairney Deegan Taiwo
Doyle Kuqi Griffiths

A lot of people would consider Claros unlucky to miss out, but if Taiwo is the player we all hope he is, then Claros won't be missed. Kuqi if match fit is in there as a target man and think it would work well with Doyle and Griffiths feeding off him. Spoony is a good man to have to bring on.

Our shape is excellent at the moment, and changing it through anything other than necessity would be madness IMO.

hfc rd
21-09-2012, 03:50 PM
Williams

Clancy
Mcpake
Hanlon
Maybury

Wotherspoon
Deegan
Claros
Cairney

Kuqi
Doyle

subs:
Antell
McGivern
Stevenson
Taiwo
Stanton
Caldwell
Handling

jonny
21-09-2012, 04:04 PM
If fit Id say 10/11 are almost a sure thing - Im not certain Kuqi will start, we‘ll have more than enough for Caley anyway

AlbertK86
21-09-2012, 04:13 PM
Williams

Clancy
Mcpake
Hanlon
Maybury

Wotherspoon
Deegan
Claros
Cairney

Kuqi
Doyle

subs:
Antell
McGivern
Stevenson
Taiwo
Stanton
Caldwell
Handling

If Leigh not fit as would apear to be the case then I agree with yer te and subs 100%

Northernhibee
21-09-2012, 04:20 PM
Williams
W'spoon Claros Deegan Cairney
Doyle Kuqi

Subs: Antell, McGivern, Taiwo, Stevenson, Handling, Caldwell, Sproule

jiggerman
21-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Don't think Kuqi will start. Swap Caldwell in and I think that would be my team.

Piqué
21-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Pretty simple for Pat I would think. Griffiths/Kuqi/Caldwell will be the only major decision he has to make.

down-the-slope
21-09-2012, 04:46 PM
Williams

Clancy
Mcpake
Hanlon
Maybury

Stevenson
Deegan
Claros
Cairney

Kuqi
Doyle

subs:
Antell
McGivern
Spoony
Spoule
Stanton
Caldwell
Handling

Northernhibee
21-09-2012, 04:56 PM
What's so pleasing this season is how easily the team picks itself. Really easy job.

hibsbollah
21-09-2012, 05:00 PM
Williams

Clancy
Mcpake
Hanlon
Maybury

Stevenson
Deegan
Claros
Cairney

Kuqi
Doyle

subs:
Antell
McGivern
Spoony
Spoule
Stanton
Caldwell
Handling

That would be mine as well. Stevenson is more consistent than Spoony, and gives us more work ethic against what will probably be a scrapping five man midfield.

SMAXXA
21-09-2012, 05:11 PM
If fit Id say 10/11 are almost a sure thing - Im not certain Kuqi will start, we‘ll have more than enough for Caley anyway

Easy tiger we can't say we have enough for anyone IMO we have started well but let's not get carried away. Hope the players don't go into the game with your attitude.

steakbake
21-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Don't think Kuqi will start. Swap Caldwell in and I think that would be my team.

Yep, reckon Doyle and Caldwell to start. Or, if Kuqi does start, I'd imagine he'd be subbed on the hour for a younger pair of legs.

SMAXXA
21-09-2012, 05:13 PM

There's no way Caldwell will start before Kuqi he will replace Leigh if indeed he doesn't make it which I'm not sure he won't.

Wotherspiniesta
21-09-2012, 05:18 PM
That would be mine as well. Stevenson is more consistent than Spoony, and gives us more work ethic against what will probably be a scrapping five man midfield.

Stevenson is consistantly not good enough. Spoony's contributed enough this season to merit his place. Nothing against Stevenson, but we've been a better team without him in it.

lucky
21-09-2012, 05:21 PM
Kugi in for Grithiffs only change is Grithiffs is injured. Don't change a winning team.

SMAXXA
21-09-2012, 05:24 PM
Stevenson is consistantly not good enough. Spoony's contributed enough this season to merit his place. Nothing against Stevenson, but we've been a better team without him in it.

I actually agree with you (was due I know), Spoony has still been poor IMO yet he would offer more going forward that Stephenson. Don't get me wrong I acknowledge the couple of assists DW has had this season but he's still been poor IMO, really frustrating as he does some really good things then fecks it up, like Ivan like crosses that end up in the stand. I don't think he deserves to be dropped for LS, just hope DW can prove me wrong just as Hanlon has done so far this season.

NAE NOOKIE
21-09-2012, 05:25 PM
If LG not fit he will probably start Kuqi and bring on Caldwell to replace him after about an hour if he starts to run out of steam.

Having said that LG does a lot of work outside the box and I would be willing to bet Kuqi isnt as mobile, so Cairney pushed further forward on the left or right might help. Apart from that I wouldnt change a winning team.

jonny
21-09-2012, 05:31 PM
Easy tiger we can't say we have enough for anyone IMO we have started well but let's not get carried away. Hope the players don't go into the game with your attitude.

We‘ve got more than enough for everybody this season - don‘t tell me you don‘t think we‘re going to win the league!

13/10 at the bookies tomorrow - it‘s literally buying money

HibbyAndy
21-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Really dinnae mean to be rude here but why the clamour for Caldwell to start ahead of Kuqi ?.. IIRC Caldwell came on against St.johnstone and tripped over his own feet and basically done nowt..

If we are going by what he done in last season's youth team then you could argue Kuqi played in a much better level scoring 16 goals for Oldham.

Id have Kuqi way ahead of Caldwell in the pecking order..Battering ram with a physical presence to knock chances down for Doyle.

berty_mee
21-09-2012, 05:51 PM
How Claros has got the nod the past few weeks is totally beyond me. The game just passes him by every week. There's a player in there for sure but he just doesn't cut it for me during each game he plays in. Stevenson's fit again and should be in before 'the squirrel'. Other than that agree with the OP.

Franck Stanton
21-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Really dinnae mean to be rude here but why the clamour for Caldwell to start ahead of Kuqi ?.. IIRC Caldwell came on against St.johnstone and tripped over his own feet and basically done nowt..

If we are going by what he done in last season's youth team then you could argue Kuqi played in a much better level scoring 16 goals for Oldham.

Id have Kuqi way ahead of Caldwell in the pecking order..Battering ram with a physical presence to knock chances down for Doyle.

Agree totally, no use saying Kuqi isn't fit, he has been here for a few weeks now, been doing extra sessions, get him involved - even if he only lasts an hour it will be worth it. ICT are a big , physical team [especially back 4], and the cookie monster is just what we need to rumble them up. Whilst I think, given time Caldwell will be a good player, he is not ready to start games just yet.

HibbyAndy
21-09-2012, 05:55 PM
How Claros has got the nod the past few weeks is totally beyond me. The game just passes him by every week. There's a player in there for sure but he just doesn't cut it for me during each game he plays in. Stevenson's fit again and should be in before 'the squirrel'. Other than that agree with the OP.

Mate you wont meet a bigger Stevenson fan than me ( Trust me on that score). But your totally wrong about Claros in recent weeks..IMO Claros has been MOTM in the last 2 home games.Simply outstanding.

berty_mee
21-09-2012, 06:19 PM
Mate you wont meet a bigger Stevenson fan than me ( Trust me on that score). But your totally wrong about Claros in recent weeks..IMO Claros has been MOTM in the last 2 home games.Simply outstanding.

I really really dinae see it I'm afraid. I see a player like I said but I just think there's others that would contribute more. Don't know enough about Taiwo to say he's the man to do it but I really hope he is. Lewis in there until then... he was POTS last season after all.

HibbyKeith
21-09-2012, 06:23 PM

:agree: He played very well against celtc at darkheid too Andy.

alot of the unseen work was done by claros last week, positioning to intercept or block out potential passes. I wasn't impressed with him when he first arrived at the club, but changing my mind about him more every week.

HibbyAndy
21-09-2012, 06:35 PM
:agree: He played very well against celtc at darkheid too Andy.

alot of the unseen work was done by claros last week, positioning to intercept or block out potential passes. I wasn't impressed with him when he first arrived at the club, but changing my mind about him more every week.

Agree with all of that Keith mate :agree:

What summed it up for me last week was when he lost the ball deep in the opposition half ( Near the famous 5 end)..But he tracked back 50 yards to win the ball back with a sliding tackle!!...Wasn't his biggest fan but ill defo give credit when its due. I like what i see...Keep it up Claros :aok:

Hiber-nation
21-09-2012, 06:49 PM

:confused:

Claros has been our best midfielder for the past few weeks.

Northernhibee
21-09-2012, 06:57 PM

Miles away. Claros does all the simple things very, very well and his performance last week showed responsibility, commitment and huge effort. For me the second name on the teamsheet behind Paul Hanlon right now.

Wotherspiniesta
21-09-2012, 07:02 PM

No.

No.

Just...No.

Jonnyboy
21-09-2012, 07:36 PM
No.

No.

Just...No.

I'm as big a Lewis fan as Hibby Andy :na na: and even I'd keep Jorge in ahead of him at the moment (Lewis that is, not Andy :greengrin)

BTW I'm almost stunned that no-one has followed that old Hibs.net tradition of picking a player we haven't even seen yet (Taiwo) which I guess means we must be happy with our lot for a change :aok:

inglisavhibs
21-09-2012, 07:46 PM

Quite right, nowhere near good enough to expect easy wins. We will have to work our socks of to win this one and if Griffiths is out it will be even more difficult. Interesting team selection as I am sure Fenlon will be keen to get his new signings in the team sooner rather than later.

HibbyAndy
21-09-2012, 07:46 PM
I'm as big a Lewis fan as Hibby Andy :na na: and even I'd keep Jorge in ahead of him at the moment (Lewis that is, not Andy :greengrin)

BTW I'm almost stunned that no-one has followed that old Hibs.net tradition of picking a player we haven't even seen yet (Taiwo) which I guess means we must be happy with our lot for a change :aok:

We just wullnae mention pool Jonny:thumbsup:

:greengrin

:wink:

inglisavhibs
21-09-2012, 07:49 PM
I really really dinae see it I'm afraid. I see a player like I said but I just think there's others that would contribute more. Don't know enough about Taiwo to say he's the man to do it but I really hope he is. Lewis in there until then... he was POTS last season after all.
I think you are on the wind up.

hibsbollah
21-09-2012, 07:50 PM

Im a bigger Lewis fan than jonnyboy AND Hibbyandy put together, and even I would have Claros first in the midfield teamsheet :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
21-09-2012, 07:50 PM

SteveHFC
21-09-2012, 07:51 PM

http://cdn.styleforum.net/9/90/909263d6_2291482-not_sure_if_serious.jpeg

SteveHFC
21-09-2012, 07:53 PM
Williams

Clancy
McPake
Hanlon
Maybury

Wotherspoon
Claros
Deegan
Cairney

Caldwell
Handling

staunchhibby
21-09-2012, 07:55 PM
Think it is about time Sam Stanton got a start:greengrin

HoboHarry
21-09-2012, 07:55 PM
It seems to me that there is a right of passage here in that at some point you have to call someone a Yam F*d. Having read this post, would this be an appropriate time for me to claim my first scalp? :greengrin

berty_mee
21-09-2012, 09:15 PM
It seems to me that there is a right of passage here in that at some point you have to call someone a Yam F*d. Having read this post, would this be an appropriate time for me to claim my first scalp? :greengrin

Better player than he was last season but that's all I'm giving ye's and that's nae compliment. Enough ae that "yam f*d" patter too, absolute cop out! We'll see how long he lasts in there and whether hes offered a new deal in January. Weathers starting to turn too, he'll be another Benji and Zemmana in the next few months, waste ae a jersey. He's a passenger in there, when he came on against Hearts earlier in the season everything stopped, Stevenson was missed.

Hiber-nation
21-09-2012, 09:20 PM
Better player than he was last season but that's all I'm giving ye's and that's nae compliment. Enough ae that "yam f*d" patter too, absolute cop out! We'll see how long he lasts in there and whether hes offered a new deal in January. Weathers starting to turn too, he'll be another Benji and Zemmana in the next few months, waste ae a jersey. He's a passenger in there, when he came on against Hearts earlier in the season everything stopped, Stevenson was missed.

Is that the same Benji who scored 2 goals in a Cup Final when it was snowing and absolutely baltic? Yer a slaver.

hibsbollah
21-09-2012, 09:24 PM

You do know Benji scored more goals in the winter months than the warmer months? and some of Zemmamas best performances were in the 'cold'?

'Foreigners cant play in the cold'. Crap fitba cliches #231.

Northernhibee
21-09-2012, 09:27 PM

ltyf

berty_mee
21-09-2012, 09:43 PM
The first player dragged off the pitch in embarrassment May, Fenlon regretted starting him goes without saying. He's brought nothing to the team on a probable top wage. He'll no keep his place for much longer

berty_mee
21-09-2012, 09:47 PM
ltyf

Ityf?? Didn't realise we had girl guides posting on here. Enough

Northernhibee
21-09-2012, 10:10 PM
The first player dragged off the pitch in embarrassment May, Fenlon regretted starting him goes without saying. He's brought nothing to the team on a probable top wage. He'll no keep his place for much longer

The tramps at Kickback have a cocoa and a hot water bottle waiting for you. Away and leave the grown ups to chat about Hibs.

shetlandhibee
21-09-2012, 10:19 PM
------------------williams--------------------
Clancy-------mcpake-hanlon----maybury
--------------------deegan------------------
------------claros----------Stevenson-----
Spoony-----------Doyle-----------cairney

Subs

Antell
Taiwo
McGivern
Kuqi monster
Caldwell
Stanton

Wotherspiniesta
21-09-2012, 10:28 PM

Tell me berty, why would you compare Claros to Benji and Zemmama?

berty_mee
21-09-2012, 10:44 PM
Tell me berty, why would you compare Claros to Benji and Zemmama?

Passengers in the winter months, didn't want to know.

shetlandhibee
22-09-2012, 12:31 AM
Speaking of zemmama and benji it would be good to get them back I heard zemmama wasn't to happy at mildelsbourgh

Northernhibee
22-09-2012, 01:00 AM
Speaking of zemmama and benji it would be good to get them back I heard zemmama wasn't to happy at mildelsbourgh

OH GOD, NOT THIS THREAD AGAIN :greengrin

Honestly, if you've not seen it, that's one huge :worms:you've just opened.

basehibby
22-09-2012, 01:01 AM
On the back of recent results and performances I'd change things as little as possible.

Bring in Kuqui for Griffiths - keep the rest pretty much the same....

------------------williams--------------------
Clancy-------mcpake-hanlon----maybury

--------------Claros----Deegan-------------
Spoon------------------------------Cairney
------------Doyle----------------------------
--------------------Kuqui-------------------

Spoon played pretty well last week and the lacking match fitness Taiwo will make his debut off the bench IMO. I'm assuming Kuqui is getting there fitness wise so his experience wins the day over Caldwell and Handling's youthful exuberance.

basehibby
22-09-2012, 01:06 AM

Would take wee Zouma back in a mo but somehow don't think we'd be in his wage bracket these days - Benji was great when his head was right which sadly didnae seem to happen too often! Let bygones be bygones and let Pat ID and sign his own players - plenty fish in the seas and all that.

Hibercelona
22-09-2012, 01:24 AM
.............................Williams............. ....................
.....Clancy.......McPake.......Hanlon......Maybury ........
..............................Taiwo............... ....................
.............Cairney.......................Claros. ..................
.............................Deegan............... ...................
.....................Doyle...........Caldwell..... ..................

Subs:
Antell
McGivern
Stevenson
Wotherspoon
Stanton
Kuqi
Handling

A very simple line up. But I think we'll require simplicity and hard work if we want all 3 points today.

ShanksSaidNo
22-09-2012, 03:21 AM

Have a word sir. If it wasn't for Deegan and Cairney our midfield would be a farce - the same as it was last year with Claros in it. The self same waste of space that 'led' our midfield in May. Impose himself? Not a chance. Put in a tackle when its there to be made? The least we should expect. We've become accustom to average midfielders, and this wee guy is being built up far beyond his worth. You'll all see. We accept and adopt average far to easily.

ShanksSaidNo
22-09-2012, 03:42 AM
Miles away. Claros does all the simple things very, very well and his performance last week showed responsibility, commitment and huge effort. For me the second name on the teamsheet behind Paul Hanlon right now.

Utter pish. McPake is first on the team sheet with Griffiths a close second. From there Williams comes in. Hanlon's next in and alongside the skipper is as good as I've seen him. Next? Clancy and Maybury. Next? Deegan. Next? Cairney. Next? Spoony, Doyle and Claros are eeksy peeksy.. When we strengthen in January they won't feature!

ShanksSaidNo
22-09-2012, 04:03 AM
http://cdn.styleforum.net/9/90/909263d6_2291482-not_sure_if_serious.jpeg

Questionin Berty before namin Handlin and Caldwell in yer first team?? Lets hear from the gaffer

Chris.igoe
22-09-2012, 06:14 AM
Kuqi in for lg lets see what happens

AJWisme
22-09-2012, 06:44 AM
I know it's unfair to say possibly because he was unfit or whatever - but I wouldn't start Kuqi. His performance at Dumfries was woeful, even for someone unfit. For that reason I'd start with Caldwell, and bring on Kuqi if it's not working as I feel Caldwell has earned it more.

Twa Cairpets
22-09-2012, 08:40 AM
Have a word sir. If it wasn't for Deegan and Cairney our midfield would be a farce - the same as it was last year with Claros in it. The self same waste of space that 'led' our midfield in May. Impose himself? Not a chance. Put in a tackle when its there to be made? The least we should expect. We've become accustom to average midfielders, and this wee guy is being built up far beyond his worth. You'll all see. We accept and adopt average far to easily.

It's the way the players work together and the mix we have as much as their individual merits or weaknesses. Unless you're very top class, that's what's important.

Claros clearly always looks to pass and keep possession for the team. If the players around him aren't showing for the pass, he'll look poor as he'll get caught in possession or the pass will go the opposition. That isn't the case this year and therefore Claros shows up as being more succesful, as do the players round him.

berty_mee
22-09-2012, 09:08 AM

What, behind Deegan and Cairney you mean?

berty_mee
22-09-2012, 09:15 AM
Is that the same Benji who scored 2 goals in a Cup Final when it was snowing and absolutely baltic? Yer a slaver.

So that's about 1 performance in 5 or 6 then. Pretty standard for Benji. He's been prolific since he left us mind, 6 clubs in 6 years, with about 30 combined appearances, must be having a big impact at those clubs as well. 'Hiber-nation' would be a very fitting name for said Benjelloun!! "slaver" - have a word sir.

Hiber-nation
22-09-2012, 10:01 AM
So that's about 1 performance in 5 or 6 then. Pretty standard for Benji. He's been prolific since he left us mind, 6 clubs in 6 years, with about 30 combined appearances, must be having a big impact at those clubs as well. 'Hiber-nation' would be a very fitting name for said Benjelloun!! "slaver" - have a word sir.

Benji ended up being a waste yes. But no way will I ever defend Benji's all round record at Hibs or whatever he's done (or not done) since. I'm taking issue with your point that he didnae play when the weather gets colder, that's all! Benji could be a lazy git when the sun was shining too.

Hiber-nation
22-09-2012, 10:02 AM
What, behind Deegan and Cairney you mean?

Nope.

erin go bragh
22-09-2012, 10:06 AM
..............................Taiwo............... ....................
.............Cairney.......................Claros. ..................
.............................Deegan............... ...................
.....................Doyle...........Caldwell..... ..................

Subs:
Antell
McGivern
Stevenson
Wotherspoon
Stanton
Kuqi
Handling

A very simple line up. But I think we'll require simplicity and hard work if we want all 3 points today.
Like the look of that team :agree:

ggtth

basehibby
22-09-2012, 11:45 AM

Claros has moved on since the cup final and started the season a much improved player - maybe you should do your same and open your eyes to that improvement rather than carrying on your petty vendetta based on his admittedly poor start to life in a Hibs shirt.

theonlywayisup
22-09-2012, 11:52 AM
.............Taiwo...........Deegan.........Claros ..............
..................Wotherspoon..........Cairney.... .............
................................Doyle............. ....................

The christmas tree formation. Having said the above, I am not convinced that Taiwo will start.

Northernhibee
22-09-2012, 12:42 PM
Utter pish. McPake is first on the team sheet with Griffiths a close second. From there Williams comes in. Hanlon's next in and alongside the skipper is as good as I've seen him. Next? Clancy and Maybury. Next? Deegan. Next? Cairney. Next? Spoony, Doyle and Claros are eeksy peeksy.. When we strengthen in January they won't feature!

Wrong. Technically our best three players are Hanlon, Claros and Griffiths, so they are the first three. Then McPake to offer some aerial protection and to add some experience, then Deegan or Cairney to offer physicality and offer Claros the space to do what he does (very, very well I may add).

Watch Claros' last performance. Commitment, responsibility and composure, everything we've been lacking in recent seasons. He might not be the one to score ten goals a season but he enables others to do so. He's absolutely vital in our team.

Jonnyboy
22-09-2012, 07:39 PM

Yoohoo berty .... Hiya :scarf:

Scouse Hibee
22-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Taiwo was out early on the pitch today, it looked like he was being put through a fitness test.

Hiber-nation
22-09-2012, 09:42 PM

What did you think of Claros today then?