PDA

View Full Version : Question Weird feelings

GGTTH07
21-09-2012, 01:01 PM
Me and my pal were dis ussing If we do get our hands on the Scottish cup this year (dare I say it) would it be celebrated as much as we'd expect? After that day

lyonhibs
21-09-2012, 01:55 PM
Be it this year, next year, in a decade, in thirty years, whenever, when our day in the sun comes, I will be caring not one Jelly Tot about May the XXth. I'll be going absolutely bonkers, as will every other Hibby the world over.

What happened is over with, unsurprisingly Hearts will bang on about it until they are maroon in the face, but we've moved on I should hope.

BroxburnHibee
21-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Me and my pal were dis ussing If we do get our hands on the Scottish cup this year (dare I say it) would it be celebrated as much as we'd expect? After that day

Aye alright then.

HibbyAndy
21-09-2012, 02:05 PM
Beat it ya Hearts ****!!

0-7 The greatest game in history.:agree:

scott7_0(Prague)
21-09-2012, 02:09 PM

:troll:.

hibee92
21-09-2012, 02:11 PM

What day?

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-09-2012, 02:12 PM

We were having a similar debate about when Hearts go bust. Would we enjoy better now than before? Answer is, can you really enjoy something that is nailed on to happen??

Dashing Bob S
21-09-2012, 02:13 PM
Good question. I'd say no. I was nowhere near as upset as I expected to be after the game last May. My reaction showed me that the domestic cups are now diddy cups, a decent day out but a bit like the old east of Scotland shield.

It's all about league table position these days, and our dour relegation battle with Dunfermline was ultimately more soul-destroying as it dragged on and on, and we didn't have the get out clause of Craig Thomson.

yeezus.
21-09-2012, 02:43 PM
Good question.

If we were to play Hearts in the final and gub them I'd be over the moon - but I don't think I'll ever celebrate it as much as I would have done if we won that day..

GGTTH07
21-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Beat it ya Hearts ****!!

0-7 The greatest game in history.:agree:

Not a bad question IMO.
Id rather bet them 5-1 on final an for them to have won 7-0 39 years ago. Easy decision.

NAE NOOKIE
21-09-2012, 05:05 PM
Yes. Nae chance of letting a wee setback against the next candidates for election to the SFL spoil a good day out.

Fk them !!!

Northernhibee
21-09-2012, 05:07 PM
I read the thread title and expected this to be about our captain.

:jmcp:

HibbyAndy
21-09-2012, 05:13 PM
Not a bad question IMO.
Id rather bet them 5-1 on final an for them to have won 7-0 39 years ago. Easy decision.

Id rather we beat them 6-2..Yup,We have been skelped a few times 4-0 and beat 5-1, But they ***** will never get 6:cb

And when we win the SC Im pretty sure ill be celebrating 24/7 and not giving one ****ing Iota to those morons about should we be celebrating more or less cause they scabby bassas won it this year.

Anar hing boyo. 0-7 IS the greatest game in history. Dusnae matter if it was yesterday or 400 hundred years ago.Fact remains, Its still The greatest game in history.

GGTTH07 Indeed:wink:

erin go bragh
21-09-2012, 05:50 PM
:kbacker: see ya .

ggtth

Broken Gnome
21-09-2012, 06:24 PM
Troll or not, it'll get done to death next time we're anywhere near a final.

You'll think it won't be in the same in the build up. No one will give a flying one about THAT day come full time and we've won something though.

Robinho08
21-09-2012, 06:34 PM
2 things can happen that will make up for that day:

A Scottish cup final win against any team(bonus if against the ****).

Or

Beating the Yams by at least 5 goals in the league or cup.

Hibbyradge
21-09-2012, 07:03 PM
Not a bad question IMO.

:rolleyes:

Alfred E Newman
21-09-2012, 07:07 PM

I wouldn`t worry about it if I were you.

Hibbyradge
21-09-2012, 07:27 PM
What's worse?

Losing 0 - 7 in your own back yard, with 11 men and an unbiased referee to a team who were being paid peanuts or losing 5 - 1 at a neutral venue with only 10 men, but a biased referee.

Or losing 6 - 2 with a goal of a start.

7 - 0 6 - 2.

Never allow them to forget.

Northernhibee
21-09-2012, 07:36 PM
What's worse?

Losing 0 - 7 in your own back yard, with 11 men and an unbiased referee to a team who were being paid peanuts or losing 5 - 1 at a neutral venue with only 10 men, but a biased referee.

Or losing 6 - 2 with a goal of a start.

7 - 0 6 - 2.

Never allow them to forget.

If we look at the past, Hibs were the first team to score a goal and win a game in Europe. You can't mention European football without recognising Hibs incredible achievement. We've had Best, Sauzee, Latapy, Turnbull and other legends.

If you look at the present, we have a cracking manager in Fenlon, they have McGlynn. We have Captain Fantastic, Sparky, Hanlon and others, they have nobody of note.

If you look at the future, we're moving into the role of 2nd best in Scotland with a potential to challenge for 1st. They're going bust.

Hearts can only dream of being as much as an insignificance. Never let them forget that.

GGTTH07
21-09-2012, 08:29 PM
Unpopular post, sorry if offended just my feelings.

edinburghhibee
21-09-2012, 10:33 PM
For me, after sitting until the end of that game. When we win that cup, and I believe we will win it soon, it will feel better because of the pain of that day. Regardless of who it's against.