PDA

View Full Version : New Green Day album ĦUno!

JohnStephens91
20-09-2012, 10:57 PM
For the fans of the band out there, what do you think? Or have you even listened to it? If not it is streaming on NME just now and here is the link: http://www.nme.com/news/green-day/66170

Sylar
21-09-2012, 08:20 AM
This is the first of three being released back to back, right? The other being Dos and Tre?

I used to be a HUGE Green Day fan but haven't paid them any attention since they released Working Class Hero and 21st Century Breakdown (as I really hated both of them with gusto).

A quick listen to the first three tracks of that though sounds a little bit better.

degenerated
21-09-2012, 08:58 AM
I liked kerplunk and dookie but got bored with them after that. Always preferred billie Jo armstrongs other band pinhead gunpowder.
There were so many other bands that made their name at the gilman street venue in San Francisco that we're IMHO far better like operation ivy, screeching weasel, the queers, the mr t experience to name but a few.

Sylar
21-09-2012, 09:05 AM
I liked kerplunk and dookie but got bored with them after that. Always preferred billie Jo armstrongs other band pinhead gunpowder.
There were so many other bands that made their name at the gilman street venue in San Francisco that we're IMHO far better like operation ivy, screeching weasel, the queers, the mr t experience to name but a few.

I kinda grew up on the emergence of the nu-metal and punk-pop scenes, where bands like Green Day, The Offspring, Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit etc were staples of my musical introduction.

With age, I too find them all a little bit boring and hugely predictable and don't really listen to any of them anymore.

About half way through that stream I turned it off, as I wasn't paying attention and felt I'd heard most of it before.

degenerated
21-09-2012, 12:00 PM
I kinda grew up on the emergence of the nu-metal and punk-pop scenes, where bands like Green Day, The Offspring, Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit etc were staples of my musical introduction.

With age, I too find them all a little bit boring and hugely predictable and don't really listen to any of them anymore.

About half way through that stream I turned it off, as I wasn't paying attention and felt I'd heard most of it before.

I would recommend Screeching Weasel as being well worth a listen. My Brain Hurts is one of my favourite albums and has been a staple in my listening habits since it's release in 1991.

Haymaker
30-09-2012, 04:41 AM
I liked kerplunk and dookie but got bored with them after that.

Dookie is one of the best new era punk-rock albums ever made. I first listened to it alongside Punk in Drublic (NoFx), And out come the wolves (Rancid) and Smash (Offspring).

Since then... I can see what direction they wanted to go but it just became boring for me. I still listen to all of the above and they are still amazing albums.

Gilman Street bred a lot of great bands in those days. Fat Wreck and Epitaph rosters in the late 90s/early 00s were simply amazing.

What scares me a little though is those albums I named are nearly 20 years old...

degenerated
30-09-2012, 06:40 PM
Dookie is one of the best new era punk-rock albums ever made. I first listened to it alongside Punk in Drublic (NoFx), And out come the wolves (Rancid) and Smash (Offspring).

Since then... I can see what direction they wanted to go but it just became boring for me. I still listen to all of the above and they are still amazing albums.

Gilman Street bred a lot of great bands in those days. Fat Wreck and Epitaph rosters in the late 90s/early 00s were simply amazing.

What scares me a little though is those albums I named are nearly 20 years old...

Think how I feel, most of my favourites are a decade older than that. :greengrin

Now, while 'er indoors watches the X factor I'm away to my music room to listen to the dwarves are born again.